When you call, mention priority code 15Z5-D2VQ

Rating and Reviews: ZT Amplifiers Club 12 Amp

Astound your friends and annoy your neighbors with this amp's compact size and room-filling power. You get an amazing 200W of power out of this little guy.

"Amazing" submitted March 15, 2012

By John T in Omaha, NE
Musical Background: Semi-pro Guitar 12 years
Music Style: Blues, Christian, Rock, Country, Funk, R&B
Overall: Just by itself it is a very powerful clean amp jazzy even bluesy tone... no further. But, hookup your favorite pedal and look out. I have a POD HD 400 (from Zzounds), when I set it to Fender Blackface, Twin, or Bassman it sounds like a Blackface, Twin, or Bassman. I've been gigging it for 3 mos nowbetween a worship band and a blues rock band... everyone laughed at my "space heater" then they were amazed. Can't say enough good things about this amp... gonna get the lunchbox as well and expect the same quality.

"The amp for the guitar player who wants to rock." submitted September 22, 2010

Music Style: Blues,Rock,Country
Sound: This amp just like its little brother the lunch box do what they say they can do thet can give you a nice clean sound and they love pedals and will give you the sound you want. Feature: Basic Features but tatas all you need this amp has the power to play live and like i said it loves pedals i think its time to get back to simlple where amps are the main thing to reamember is a good pedal system will make your sound. Ease of Use: Very easy the controls move very smooth and small adjustments help give you the sounds you need. Quality: if its like its little bother the lunch box it should stand up to everyday use i use the lunch box everyday and are sure this one will be played just as much. Value: This amp sells for a great price but like everything these days you have to be carefull with your money so i do hope and feel this amp will be with me a long time. Other companys charge way to much for amps of lesser qaulity Fender is way over priced on the amps and everything. Manufacturer Support: The company lines are answered fast and with a smile they are happy to answer questions and whant to know if the amp is doing it for you. The Wow Factor: This is a amp to play live or at home so jam on and enjoy. Overall: I wiil be seeing what else they come out with they are the amp company of the future simple yet great.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"ZT Club" submitted April 14, 2013

By a customer from pobox.com
Overall
Overall: I wanted an amp that had the power to play with a band, but not so heavy that it would break my back carrying it around. At 22 lbs it's extremely easy to carry both amp and guitar. And the sound is great. It has a warm, punchy sound that breaks up nicely when played hard. It's my main amp now.

"EXPENSIVE LUNCHBOX" submitted January 29, 2012

By a customer from verizon.net in Southern California, CA
Overall
Music Style: country, blues, jazz, rock.
Overall: I tried the amp two ways at one gig. Archtop guitar with a humbucker pickup and with an American Telecaster. As the many reviews say "its a nice jazz amp" With the closed back cabinet it has a punchy sound. A little grit with the gain knob was nice. Its ok for jazz but not the holy grail by far. With the Telecaster all I can say is it could get loud. Even with pedals I could not find a sound that said keep me. Yes it does pedals fine but so does any amp. I dont feel the cabinet will take road use at all. Others have stated it chips easily. Lastly it does not look to me anyways like a stage piece of equipment color wise. It looks like the little Lunchbox amp but bigger. I see no use what so ever for an effects loop, or an earphone jack. Just make it a straight amp and skip the add on fluff. I tried it out because my tube amps are to heavy any more to haul around. It does fit the easy to transport bill. I could suggest looking at the Roland Cube 80 XL you might be pleasantly surprised.

"Great amp some concerns - step in good direction" submitted July 19, 2012

By sam f in los angeles, CA
Musical Background: 30 yrs - guitar, mandolin - professionally, recording,
Music Style: Rock, funk, World, ethnic, fusion
Sound: The sound quality is good: a bit SS a bit tube. At medium to high it can stay pretty clean and then add pedals. I have Club, Lunchbox and ext. cab. This has the 12" speaker. 200w or not, a 6 " spkr cannot cut much. LB is overkill and not enuff for a real gig/rhsl drummer.The Club has some nice warmth and very compact. REVERB was an issue (not on LB) This reverb is staright and and good - I must have rvb (though I have pedals) the RVB and gain are quite good - Bottom Line - small, light, warm and many outs - I think its overpriced - with closed back and size it can get about as loud as any 12" SS or medium tube. But if you want value, modeling, or open back - just play a Mustang III or an older Fender. Still deciding whether to keep it. But the sound is good to excellent. Feature: Outs in the back are great. phones, cab, spkr on/off. BUT: I purchased a blem and did not find a blemish - but one gig it did not work at all - The switch for the SPKR broke off - which is usable if it remains external - it didn't - no sound! This is a problem with the price - design - cosmetically I dont care - But 1. that switch is just bad design for a functioning amp for gig/rhsl it could break and leave you with no external spkr (like me) - cover it or protect it. 2. Cute Lunchbox design but $550!! it needs tolex, more protection than the grill, and the switch should be like solid on/off. It is simple - the price is not. Some great features - some serious design flaws - again compare to a SS 60-100 watt Fender. Ease of Use: Very simple I use it clean as high as possible - but at 6-7 it stops getting louder. Again the cab (made only for LB) does not work with the Club; Beyond lame and at these prices a serious mistake. It Defines the what were they thinjking?. But very simple very small fairly light. The bite of the gain is pretty good though I prefer pedas for OD. Quality: Yes but see above. Musicians cannot have a tiny switch sticking out the back that could potentially (as for me) render it useless - If I worry about it I won't use it and then I will sell it. Bad design - ext. cab, switch in back, not protected with tolex etc... and too simple at this price point. But I DO think the quality in sound and durability is there. Value: If weight/size/volume is issue there are few better options out there. I would reccomend the current modeling amps (Mustang III, Vox VT, Cube) they are loud , have many sounds. It is tough I love the Mustang II (not nearly as loud) but there are no outs - At 400-450 the Club is a very worthwhile tool for small spaces and loud to softer gigs. A real trade off - if you can try it do so - if neither weight nor size is of issue to you - I am not sure it has much value. Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: Size, features, reverb, volume and it is really appealing but a bit simple for the price. The weight while very light depends on your issue - it does pull at my hands but for the average guitarist it is Nothing to carry and provides outs you need - The WOW - is also negative but less important - Wow! it has zero protection, Wow they put a little switch that could render the amp useless, Is ZT that successful that they could not get the cab to work with the club?Overall there is some WOW factor - the sound, the outs, the size are very cool. If I was younger it would be a definite keeper - but the money and having many other amps I am not sure - If you see it used or blem on Zzounds go for it it is far more useful than the lunchbox. Overall: I am always looking for lightweight loud options - I have arm issues - Some great features like outs, phones, spkr switch. BUT the switch is exposed and because the amp is so compact and simple it is overpriced (I bought Blem Zzounds price was amazing - switch broke they sent an open box )- I would not pay over 420 for this -and while light and compact, it is like a brick. If weight or size is not an issue for you then it is still a great and loud alternative with many outs, solid reverb. I used it with Heavy Drummer and it held up. BIG NEGATIVE: ZT should be ashamed that the extension cab does not work with it - I will sell the ext. cab and get something else - In our day and age to have all these outs which will not work with your own product - SHAME on you ZT really stupid. People want a little cab to send out for this tiny amp. But still a great piece of equipment. A step in the right direction.

"OVERPRICED" submitted January 29, 2014

By walt young
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Country, blues, classic rock.
Overall: All this amp needs is some Mickey Mouse ears on it. If anyone says this sounds great they are on something. Way way over priced and weird design with its little stupid switches. Particle board cabinet with some spray junk on it from Home Depot. You want a loud real amp get a Roland Cube 80 XL or even 60 will blow this thing in the weeds. I am reviewing this to hopefully save someone a lot of money if they are thinking of buying one of these.

When you call, mention priority code 15Z5-D2VQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976