When you call, mention priority code 14J1-W9S5

Rating and Reviews: Zoom H6 Portable Recorder

Meet the most versatile Zoom handheld recorder yet. The 6-channel H6 recorder comes with interchangeable stereo X/Y and middle/side microphone pairs.

"WOW!!!" submitted January 31, 2014

By J N in Philly, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 34 years. Variety of instruments, professional and personal.
Music Style: Rock, World, Classical, Metal, etc.
Overall: I just purchased this device from zzounds .com. I've been an amateur recording engineer for 20 years. Of all the portable, compact devices I've used, I've never used one as awesome as this, for the size and price. My first quasi pro recorder was a Fostex multitrack tape recorder. I paid exactly $400.00 for it, 20 years ago. It pales in comparison to the Zoom H6. Out of the box, it was up and running - zero learning curve. At this time, I am a film student. I've worked on sets where the Zoom H4N was used. I was amazed by the quality and versatility of that device. When deciding to make my purchase, I compared the H4N with the H6. It was a no brainer. I chose the H6! The spacial sound stage and stereo depth is mind blowing. I ran it as I simply walked around, drove my car, ate dinner at a restaurant, etc. While listening back, I am totally blown away by the clarity and precision of the audio quality. I am 100% confident I made the right choice. I'm giving it 5 stars for the Manufacturer Support, even though I haven't had a need for support. And this is because their support has been evident by their quest for quality, out of the box. BUY IT!!!

"What a wonderful recorder thx zZsounds" submitted January 31, 2014

By a customer from cox.net in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: performed in the past, back at our after break
Music Style: Blues. Rock
Overall: I love this portable solution to catching ideas on the fly. Then when time permits go back pull up the recording then pickup where I left off. Very pleased with the purchase! Thx Zzsounds for this awesome recorder. Look forward to many years of working with you folks. I only have 4 years left before the next crossroads. Get this little jem you won't be disappointed. I came from a old 424 Tascam, could not be happier! Cya on stage.,.... ;) Cheers

"Great Recording Device" submitted September 25, 2013

By Jose M in El Paso, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing with different bands for about 6 years. I play mainly keyboards and guitar.
Music Style: All types of rock.
Overall: I just got my Zoom H6 today and used it to record my band rehearsal. It has a superior sound quality and really easy to use as it only took me about 15 minutes going through the users manual to learn the main functions. Before I recorded my band using multiple mics, mixer, computer and Firewire interface and it took forever to do the setup, a bunch of cables and al I was able to get was a stereo mix. With the H6 I quickly setup just on mic for the vocals and one for the bass and use the built-in mics to record everything else (guitars, keyboards, drums) and I got a better mix that I ever got using all the other expensive equipment. Besides, I got separate tracks for the vocals and bass so I can play with them a little bit more on my DAW. I cant wait to use the H6 in the future to record our gigs with a Canon T3i DSLR camera.

"Portable Recording Studio" submitted June 25, 2014

By Nick D in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for 18 years. Couple of rock 'n roll bands. Filmmaking.
Music Style: Punk
Overall: Pros: This thing is a tiny wonder. Phantom power for connecting pro mics is really wonderful. Solid battery life. You can have it automatically record a safety track that records a -12db track incase you have the gain set to high. This feature is a LIFE SAVER. It has saved shoots. The included mics are surprisingly good quality. Case is rugged and wonderful. Sound is pure. Built solid. Cannot say enough wonderful things about this. Cons: XLR cables don't lock into inputs.

"exelente" submitted June 7, 2014

Overall
Overall: Exelente producto y exelente servicio al cliente... totalmente recomendado

"Pretty good but needs some tweeks" submitted November 25, 2013

By Clarence Wolbrette in New Orleans, LA
Overall
Overall: Still getting acquainted, but already have had some problems with physical interface. The rotary gains are extremely easy to turn, so once you're in record, if you lightly touch them in any way by accident, you've messed up your settings. Also there is no way to link the gains so any intentional change in gain has to be done one channel at a time, even for a stereo recording. I prefer the digital gain control of the H4n - much friendlier for field recording. The layout of the input selectors is also confusing. The "L-R" input is for the centered mic's in the front of the unit, but the buttons are not placed in the center of the row of input choices as I would expect. This lack of symmetry is quite confounding, especially if you are using all your inputs. To make a "Mark", you have to use the choose button on the side of the unit, which is a little difficult to do, and almost insures you will mess up your rotary gain setting I spoke of earlier. The headphone output is placed directly above the volume control, making it difficult to access the volume control, and again raising the chance of messing up you gain settings. If you use the "hold" mechanism, it prevents you from changing volume, but not gain. Another words, the current design is a handful of pitfalls and needs some reworking. That said, I'm still glad I purchased it. The recording quality with my outboard mic's is quite good. It will have it's place in my bag of recording tricks, but if you get one, be very careful when using it. One other disappointment, I purchased the add on for two additional inputs. Each input comes out of the sides of the unit instead of the front. This makes the the lack of symmetry of the input buttons even more confusing - you'll have to see it to fully understand. I hope Zoom will redesign this module so the the inputs face outward like the mic's do. Also, these two channels have no phantom power which grealy limits their usefulness.

When you call, mention priority code 14J1-W9S5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976