When you call, mention priority code 1405-8CXZ

Rating and Reviews: Zoom G7.1ut Tube Effects

The Zoom G7.1ut offers plenty of modeling and multi-effects. Plus, with a 12AX7 tube onboard, the Zoom G7.1ut has great, natural tone.

"OOOOHH YEAHHHH !!!" submitted November 4, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: 20 yrs.
Music Style: Mostly modern rock
Sound: There's really about two of the distortions I use and same for the clean side of it. Since my band plays 95% cover tunes some of the other sounds still come in handy for certain songs or a part of a song. On the effects side the reverbs and delays are awsome and very tweakable. As for the rest the effects they still come in handy when needed, you can make some really trippy sounds with this thing. The expression pedal is the best. You can assign things to it for it to raise and lower such as. When I go into a lead I press down on the pedal and the volume goes up along with the feedback of the delay also. When done I pull the pedal back down my rythem sounds the same as before again, no button to push just pedal up, pedal down. Feature: For $300 you can't go wrong here. Crank the tube energizer and its boost both up to ten and leave them there. Find Zoom personal distortions in it and I swear you'll rock harder than any one on the block. This things effects and distortion are so over the top that you "WILL NEED" a high dollar cord in and out of it in order to avoid any kind of fuzzyness and such things to really enjoy it. That was a down side for me when I learned that because a 12 ft. Monster Rock cable is like $40 and you'll NEED two cords of something of that quaity. Once I figured out that added expense was needed, I was truely in love with this machines effects. Ease of Use: Well it is easy to use BUT. You will have to do a lot of reading and spend some HOURS to learn how thats done. Thats why I rate it a 7. Believe me its well worth your time. Some gigs we play there's another guitarist there that I know is way better than me and they swear their going to get one. Simple fact here is their better than me but I still entertain as good or better than them thanks to how good I sound now. Quality: I guess it's alright. I've had this thing now for about two years with no problems BUT. I'm anal about taking care of my equipment which is probably why but I'm not sure of quality. Value: It's as close as you will get to the pros in sound PERIOD! If you want kick A** sound for only $300 dollars get it or spend THOUSANDS of dollars to get the real deal on that. Manufacturer Support: A don't know? The Wow Factor: Looks cool and it doesn't have the big buttons on it like a lot of others. Ever hit the wrong channel with one of these in a gig due to big buttons being to close? Beleive me that sucks! Problem solved here. Big board small buttons PERFECT! Overall: Enough said already. For the money its the best sound I've ever heard comming out of a non high gain tube amp. DON'T forget the cords you'll NEED them.
20 of 22 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Super low noise and detailed realistic nuances. Awesome distortion!" submitted April 26, 2007

By geowrightconner
Overall
Musical Background: pro studio and touring
Music Style: you name it!
Sound: Super low noise, even without the ZNR. (Zoom Noise Reduction) Stereo effects are spacious. Amazing Metal distortion! When plugging directly into this unit it drantically reduces hum and noise because of the way it change impedance. In this case that is a very good thing! Use decent cables and you're good to go! Feature: Plenty of control. Not too heavy. Plastic knobs are a bit "iffy." That has not created any problems for me yet, but I never abuse my stuff. Ease of Use: Dedicated knobs for real-time control are an essential feature that makes performance easy. Some effect parameters could be more accessible, but that would raise the cost. Quality: The unit seems to be of good quality, although I'm a bit wary of cheap Chinese stuff. Sometimes they do a great job, but huge production runs and Asian focus on cost-vs-durability can create problems. With reasonable care I expect this to last as long as anything else. Power supplies might go south, but those are easily replaced. Value: I was knocked out by the sound quality and low noise of the G1, which is why I bought the fancier unit. Sound quality is the same but access to features is much easier. I would recommend this unit without hessitation, assuming you want to make music with it and don't beat the hell out of it. Manufacturer Support: I have had no contact with support yet as I haven't needed it. The jury is still out on that one... The Wow Factor: Samson just doesn't get the "sex appeal" factor. Like all of their designs, this has a touch of the "Anime" or "Transformers" cartoon look. I'm old school, so I am more of a "Bugs Bunny" type guy...;-) Overall: The resounding quality of sound and low noise are its main appeals. Any small cosmetic or functionality issues are secondary. My goal was to add quality effects to my existing system and not have to carry any cumbersome metal machinery. This product met that goal superbly.
19 of 23 people (82.61%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Zoom G7.1ut Tube Effects Customer Review submitted April 7, 2006

Music Style: Metal
Sound: There are two processing algorithms for the sound: studio for recording and live. Personally, I find the studio sound better, especially when using distorsion. I am a bit disappointed about the live sound, but probably this is due my amplificator (a small fender) which is not good for live concerts...So I always use the recording modus which sounds great! Feature: Direct digital recording, using USB Ease of Use: Very easy to use, just plug and play... Quality: Strong metal case, but light for its dimension Value: Very good value for money

"there's some better stuff out there... i hope" submitted December 22, 2008

Music Style: alternative
Sound: Every strum starts with an annoying and audible buzzing. Just about all the amps sound TOO digital, but there are a few good ones. The reverbs and delays sound a bit to heavy on the high end. The modulating effects are pretty decent. Feature: Expression pedal is pretty cool. Ease of Use: Actually, the easiest piece of equipment to operate... ever. It was out of the box for all of 15 minutes and then all my patches were programmed and gig ready. Quality: Seems to hold up pretty well. Well built chasis and such, the stomp buttons seem alright, but the light up buttons for selecting amps and effects and what not will fry out real quick and then selecting sounds becomes a guessing game. Value: 300 bucks, yeah its worth it, just hope that if it breaks down its under warranty, because it probably will break down. Manufacturer Support: Zoom isn't bad, but sam ash gave me the run around on my warranty. The Wow Factor: This thing does look bad ass. Silver and black... thats freaking brutal Overall: I'm going to keep this pedal, but it certainly won't be the last one I buy. I doubt I even use it as a main pedal anymore, that buzz is quite annoying.

"Truely one of the best in its class!" submitted February 19, 2009

By a customer from yahoo.in
Overall
Sound: Great sound for a mid end product. Clean sounds especially fender and hi watt are inspiring and zoom's original- extreme distortion is awesome. Metal zone sounds like a fish out of the water but the extreme distortion more than makes up for it. I like the long delay and the reverbs. They make my solos sound real good. However the harmonized pitch shifter could have been better in my opinion. Other than that most of the sound you get out of this thing is great if tweaked right. Over all I think zoom's hit the jackpot in coming out with this one. Feature: The G7 is packed with tons of features which is a good thing. I like the 16 digit display which makes it easy to read in any lighting condition. Seperating the wah, mod, reverb, delay, etc into individual modules is a big plus which I couldn't get from my 606 which I owned earlier. Ease of Use: Not that hard to use at all. But like every one says, you need to spend some time with it. Quality: I give it a 7 because I hear alot about footswitches breaking down. Mine hasn't yet and I pray that it doesn't. Value: Oh yeah! Worth every penny:) The Wow Factor: Its mean, its sensual, it turns you on and sooner or later its gonna get ya:-). Its got the killer looks. Overall: I'm satisfied with it. It matches my style and provides most of the sound I need. Given an opportunity I would upgrade to the G9 or something like the Gt 8 or 10. But I'm happy with my G7 too.

When you call, mention priority code 1405-8CXZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976