When you call, mention priority code 140P-29PC

Rating and Reviews: Zoom G5 Guitar Pedal

Meet the monster multiFX pedal that's actually easy to use: the Zoom G5! This baby boasts a 12AX7 tube for tube boost, 22 amp models and 123 FX presets.

"zoom G5" submitted February 2, 2014

By Dave K in San Jose, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 35 years , Guitar, I play in a rock tribute band and we gig 20 to 30 times a year
Music Style: Rock, classic rock but love jazz and fusion too. big fan of Larry Carlton and Jeff beck, Wes Montgomery
Sound: The sound quality for how I use it is pretty good and much easier to get a good sound than a floor pod. Simple easy thing to take to band practice. I plug the output to a palmer PDi09 then from the palmer to the pa board. This has a balanced out but using the palmer sounds better. I use the palmer for my marshall head gigging too. Feature: Its nice to look down and see it as really 4 floor pedals. I don't use the rotating pedal or at least not yet but that sounds good too. I think the boost sounds ok on clean settings but it sounds better with drive to set up the eq as the last pedal and bump a little frequency in the middle and ad some volume from the eq. Agian, this is how I'm working it at bp with no sound guy to boost the solos. Ease of Use: it is really easy to get good sounds and match volume levels between patches. Matching the volume levels into a pa is always a big problem with any pod and I've had all the generations of the pods. The other thing that is good with this is you can get to its global settings really easy again to set over all output and optimize what you are plugging into... power amp or direct / pa etc. Quality: seems like it will last , had it a month and have taken it to only 4 practices. This is not a long sample time. Value: yes, worth the price Manufacturer Support: haven't had to The Wow Factor: sorry , nothing appealing to me personally it just works well and is easy to use. Overall: I like the G5 and am happy I bought it.

"I love it! Fun, intuitive, sounds great, start Rockin right out the box!" submitted November 26, 2012

By a customer from yahoo.com in Downey, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 20+ yrs! Gibson Les Paul Studio :)
Music Style: Classic Rock, Metal, Blues
Overall: Sounds great! Easy to use! I originally bought the Line 6 Pod 400 and was a little dissapointed with the headphone jack issue. Buyer beware If you plan on getting one for use with headphones. Read the forums on line 6 website and you will see what I'm talkin about. I returned it to zZounds hassle free. Love these guys! I was thinking about getting the Boss ME-70 and came across the G5 but never heard of zoom so wasn't sure what to think. I went down to the local music store to try them both out, I also tried the Pod 400 jagain ust to make sure I wasn't trippin. I wasn't it still sounded bad thru phones. The zoom sounded the best i was using crapy phones keep in mond) and was easy to use and dial in quickly. I was sold. So glad I got the G5. I know some of you might say who buys multi effect to listen to with phones? Well a lot of people do. For me I need to be able to jam without making any noise. I have a newborn on the way. Tried it thru the PA and it sounded pretty realistic. The pedal is cool too. Not only does it go up and down but left and right so you can assign different effects like delay or whatever. The software was really easy to use too. Only con is no aux input for MP3 player so if you like to learn songs using headphones you will need a small mixer. Pretty solid as well. Other than that its awesome and greatly priced. Way to go zoom. Can't wait to see what's next! Not sure on the customer support from zoom so I gave it a 3 star.
35 of 37 people (94.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Easy to use and program...........Good tone !" submitted April 17, 2014

By Tom A in Chico, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar for 50 years............
Music Style: Rock,Blues Electronic, World, Ambient,R and B
Overall: I have probably owned every Digitech multi-effects pedalboards made. I still like them and use them from time to time. I have also had many Line 6 units too. I currently have the HD 500X and it sounds good after you dial in things whcih can take some time. The nice thing about the Zoom G 5 is you don't hardly need the manual much to get going. Everything is laid out in a stomp box so if you can turn dials on a stomp box you can program this machine. I highly recommend using the edit share software as it makes everything so much quicker. I use to have the Zoom g9.2tt which was a pretty massive board and was laid out nicely. I found the tones somewhat limited on that unit for crunch sounds. The Zoom G5 however, has an abundance of tones and a wide variety. They have shaved off some features to keep the unit small. I would have liked to be able to change banks easier but that was one of the trade offs. I also don't find the tube booster very useful as I don't really care for it's sound. I'm going to change the tube for a better brand and I know that can make a huge difference. Zzounds has been spectacular in their service. My first Zoom G5 had a bad tone booster and no matter what you dialed in it sounded horrible. Zzounds sent me a return label and shipped a replacement ASAP. The second one had the same problem. The 3rd works fine but I'm still not excited about the tone booster function. Maybe after I upgrade the tube I'll find it useful. I would rather have had that switch control tap tempo instead but that's just me. Other than these few things the unit sounds great. The more I use it the better my tones evolve. There are so many variables in the stomp boxes that you should be able to dial in pretty much any type of sound you might need for any situation. I used Zzounds 4 payment plan which is great and once again this company has been awesome with their customer service.

"Zoom G5 Is One of the Best Purchases I've Ever Made!!!" submitted June 23, 2014

By Pat D in Philadelphia, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar over 13 years, played several shows, lately focusing on solo songwriting
Music Style: Rock, singer/songwriter, pop, metal, and anything that catches my ear.
Overall: This pedal is the real deal. For about $300, you get well over 1000 dollars worth of effects. I've run it through a mixer to record and it sounds great, but the fact that you can connect the G5 directly to a PC through its own USB port makes recording that much easier. Make sure to d/l all the free software from the zoom website, especially the edit and share program. It makes editing your patch banks much easier. I could go on and on about how much I love this pedal, especially in conjunction with the FP02M (basically a volume pedal), but at the end of the day, you have to experience it for yourself. I could not be happier that I decided to go with the G5. No buyers remorse whatsoever.

""Amazing, vesatile, user friendly multi effect/stomp nox pedal board that every guitarist must have"" submitted August 1, 2013

By Isai A in La Mirada, CA
Musical Background: 8 year in worship band
Music Style: Christian, rock
Overall: I am honestly a multi effects pedal kinda guy and even though the ZOOM G5 is a multi effects pedal, its stomp box feature is amazing, if you are a stomp box player, it wouldnt hurt to buy one of these babies. It has so many different variety of effects you can mess with and switch up, im pretty sure any sound you want you can produce with the ZOOM G5, im absolutely positive you can, its easy to use and navigate thru at home, in studio, and on stage, the looper is great 60 sec of whatever you want to rec and play along with, amazing distortions, delays, reverbs, choruses, preamps, amp modules, and wah pedals, it has everything, i like to switch up from stomp box mode to patches on stage all the time, i love it, my pedal search has come to a happy ending.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"RArmstrong" submitted June 24, 2014

By Richard Armstrong in Blountstown, FL
Musical Background: Electric guitar- Home, Small Band, Worship team
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Worship.
Overall: Zoom has good products. The amp simulation is great. Z pedal has a great feel and is very adjustable. Tube Boost feature of course is the real deal for having a tube. Gives a good warm tone and has enough boost to snap into your lead parts. I have played for over 10 years and had this pedal for two months and it hasn't let me down.

"Zoom G5 EFFECTS PROCESSER@ ESPLTDGUITARLOVER ON YOU TUBE" submitted February 12, 2014

By ESPLTDGUITARLOVER ESPLTDGUITARLOVER YOU TUBE in MILFORD, PA
Musical Background: 40+ YEAR MUSICIAN NOW OWNS GOLD KEY STUDIOS
Music Style: ROCK/METAL/BLUES/JAZZ/COUNTRY
Overall: CHECK OUT MY 99 VIDEO REVIEW OF ALL THE BANKS AND PATCHES OF THE ZOOM G5 THANKS TO ZZOUNDS!!

"Zoom G5 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal" submitted May 23, 2014

By Stevie Bon in Halifax, NS
Musical Background: 25 years, guitar, bass, semi-pro
Music Style: Rock, Blues, metal, Top 40
Overall: The description in zZounds initial sentence saying it uses a tube for its distortion. This is clearly NOT the case. The tube is only used for the booster function, that's IT. However, I bought one of these to use for home practicing via headphones and to use an effects only rig though the effects loop of my amp. I even tried it as a standalone unit going direct to a PA. No matter how you use this or hook it up, I feel it's an amazing unit. One of the best sounding modellers I have ever owned and very easy to navigate and program. Creating a great sounding patch from scratch can be done in a matter of minutes! The 60 second looper and drum machine functions were the icing on the cake. It's such a fun unit when home alone practicing. I own a POD XT PRO, and tried a POD HD500 and Digitech GSP 1101 to compare this to before buying it. Hands down for tone, price, and programming simplicity this Zoom G5 came out on top.

"Zoom G5" submitted November 25, 2013

By Stephen Sachar
Musical Background: 12 years on the guitar non pro
Music Style: Christian, rock, new wave ,jazz
Overall: Love it and received it in mail very quickly but need to know how to get an extended warranty

"Zoom does not support users after the fact" submitted March 14, 2013

By Sabastian Baines in Deerfield, NH
Musical Background: 40 year
Music Style: rock and Blues
Overall: I bought a C5.1T a couple of years back and within a few weeks bought a multicore processor box with low latency intel chipset. That box was of course built to run on Windows 7 and has no discernable wait time when playing directly into Ableton Live 8. Of course zoom told me at the time they have no intention of writing new drivers for the C5.1T even though it was being sold well into the life cycle of windows 7. A check of their website showed today a couple years later that they have been true to their word. I promised them then that I would make sure that people knew that if they purchase one of their products that they would be stuck in time platform wise and now I have been true to my word. I'll keep up the good work.
13 of 96 people (13.54%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 140P-29PC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976