When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-3BMY

Rating and Reviews: Zoom B3 Bass Pedal

Choose from a huge range of bass effects and amp models with this versatile and powerful multi-effects unit.

"Most versatile piece I own" submitted November 11, 2012

By Alex L in columbus, OH
Overall
Overall: I was considering getting the SansAmp Bass Driver pedal. For the same price, I got the Zoom B3, which has a model of the SansAmp. As much as I love Tech 21, it was a no-brainer to get the Zoom. I'll admit, the Zoom "SansAmp" modelling is not exactly like the real-deal, but it's pretty close (and Zoom added a mid control, which I actually like more anyway). For most of the modeled effects, Zoom added an extra parameter that isn't on the original, while still retaining the function and character of the original. Regardless if you think any of the models sound like the original, they're close and still sound good! At a recent practice, my OneSpot daisy chain stopped working. The OneSpot, itself, was fine, but the daisy chain extension wouldn't work, so I was only able to run a single pedal. Within a few moments, I was able to create a Zoom patch that had my dual-band compressor (DigiTech Bass Squeeze), my bass 7-band EQ (Boss Geb-7), and my exciter (BBE Sonic Stomp), plus the built-in tuner. I was able to retain my "stock" pedals with one Zoom. Now, I have that preset to use if I ever need it again. I don't need a practice amp anymore! The headphone out lets me practice silently, but it also let's me find a sound at home, preventing having to waste my band mates' time trying to dial in a setting during practice. With over hundred different effects, a tuner, a 40 second looper, metronome/beat machine, pre/post DI XLR out, stereo out, headphone out, interface with bundled software, free updates, exceptional build quality, and affordable price, it's a no-brainer. Get the Zoom B3.

"ZoomB3" submitted July 20, 2012

By Mark S
Musical Background: Bassist/drummer
Music Style: Everything from the Blue's to Country. Allman Brothers, Govt Mule, Skynyrd, Blackfoot, Tesla, the list goes on and on. I was luc
Overall: I am not a effects guru by any means. Just a simple musician that enjoys to play. So after careful review of the Zoom B3. I decided to order This pedal. It is easy To operate. Anyone can use It. The amp modeling sounds great. The tuner can be accessed at any time very easily. The patches that are already programmed are terrific. Its amazing What all you can do with it immediately. Whether you wan to rehearse alone using only headphones. To a full band practice. Its easy to develop you own sounds. The drum beats are great.

"Worth every penny." submitted March 18, 2014

By John D in Flushing, MI
Musical Background: Long enough to know better
Music Style: Anything I can lay down a groove to
Overall: This little unit really gets you going, in terms of getting your sound dialed in, and simply changing your sound if you are not happy with it. Comes with a ton of preloaded stompboxes and about six preloaded amps. Two of the best things about it come from the USB port, though. The unit can be connected to your PC , from there you simply drag and drop the effects you want, and they will be automatically saved. Changing patch names is no problem, either. If you want to practice and have a small apartment, the unit plays audio once connected and you can connect your instrument. For the price, it has everything you could ever want. The amp models even have different cab size settings. Recommended.

"Zoom B3 Pedal works fine!" submitted January 27, 2016

By Jay L in Summerville, SC
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing music for about 2 months. I have an Ibanez bass and 6 string guitar. I have no idea how to play either yet!
Music Style: Classic rock. That's it!
Sound: The sound coming out of the amp via the Zoom pedal is sharp and right on the money! Feature: If you want to buy a bunch of pedal and distortion devices that this box has pre-programed into it, you'll spend $5,000 bucks and have 100 pedals all over the place. This Zoom box has it all in one red box, and once I figure out how to use it, it'll be just great! Ease of Use: Please note this before you read on: On a scale of 1 to 10...1 being someone who has no clue what they are doing with a bass guitar yet, and 10 being Geddy Lee, I'm about a -3. This device is really complicated to work with and understand. The directions, while somewhat thorough are only a bit helpful when it comes to the operation of the device. However, again please remember I'm just clueless as they come! If you are an experienced player who has used pedals before, you'll probably find the learning curve on this to be fairly small. Quality: Gosh, I really enjoy metal products, don't you? Well, this device is metal...you know, metal as in not plastic! Stomp the hell out of it and it'll work! Value: Worth the selling price? Price out about 100 different distortion pedals and see how much that will cost. If you want to buy a bunch of pedal and distortion devices that this box has pre-programed into it, you'll spend $5,000 bucks and have 100 pedals all over the place. This Zoom box has it all in one red box for what...200 dollars??? Ya, it's worth the price!! Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to talk to them yet, but I've been to the website a dozen times trying to figure this thing out and it's nothing really special...mostly advertising with some manual downloads. The Wow Factor: It's really slick looking and all the digital items are really easy to work with. I'm very sure I didn't need it, but frankly, it looked really cool and as a major "WOW" factor, you can't beat the price for 100 different pedals in one box! Overall: This box works fine as far as I can tell! My reviews below will say it all! I did do one thing after getting it: I bought an expression pedal (Zoom FP02M) and it works great! You can get the bend sounds out of it that I really wanted but the pedal also gives you the ability to change things on the fly. Very handy extra purchase. BTW: in the box the B3 comes in, it says to buy a "FP02 Expression Pedal". I got zZounds on the phone and the only thing that appeared to be available was "FP02M". Well it works on the B3 just fine! After getting the pedal in, I found out the "M" means "Metal". Well...good! A device you step on made of metal?? what a concept!

"The sky's the limit" submitted December 18, 2013

By Billy N in Mankato, MN
Overall
Musical Background: Bassist for 27 years. I play some guitar, keys, and harmonica as well.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Country, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal
Overall: I wish I had this thing 20 years ago. The things it does keep blowing my mind. There's a patch out there to sound like everyone from Jaco to Jesus. It will take me months to explore all of the options. If you do not own this, you definitely should. It's a well built piece of gear that every bassist should have in their arsenal.

"Best bang for your bass buck" submitted June 14, 2012

By Mark S in Uniontown, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Have played bass for 10 years, and just jam at home... for now.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Christian
Overall: I'm not a professional musician, just wanted something that would satisfy any need I could possibly have even later on. I searched all the internet sites, viewed many a bass blog really wanted to hear one first before buying, but every review on the B3 was positive! So I ordered one from zZounds and have not been disappointed! First, kudos to zZounds - I received it in only 2 days! Plugged it in and started playing right away. Had the B3 for over a month now, and just got to playing with the looper. Really weird to hear what you just played, repeating itself back to you. Any real musician will have a blast right off! It imitates 12 bass amps, so if you go where they have a PA, you can leave your heavy bass amp at home. It also has a hundred pedals they call patches at a fraction of their cost. You can mix these patches, even add a hundred of your own. Forget your tuner? The B3 has one built in. Your band switched the key to that hard song you just learned? No problem, the B3 comes with pitch shifting. Drummer didn't show up for practice? The B3 has 40 rhythms you can set the tempo to, and it all fits in your guitar bag! If you want the most bang for your bass buck, buy a Zoom B3. If you want to entertain your friends with a one man band, buy a B3. There's even computer recording stuff in this thing... I haven't the foggiest what I'll do with that yet, but it's in there too! I wanted something I could grow into, and got it... the new Zoom B3!
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A lot of bang for your buck" submitted January 10, 2014

By John Dashner in Flushing, MI
Musical Background: Professional musician
Music Style: Rock, country, progressive rock, funk
Overall: This little thing really packs a wallop! You can be sure that you will spend days to come exploring all of the features and the patch sounds. Really caught me when I found that there was a patch sampled involving Tony Levin's effects from King Crimson;s 'Sleepless'. I'm hooked!!

"Great Effects Box" submitted October 27, 2013

By James Farr in Tallahassee, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Bassist since 1988, professional since 1992; drummer on the side
Music Style: Funk, metal, pop/hip hop, experimental
Overall: I love everything about this effects box! The sounds are high quality, the parameters are many, the flexibility is amazing, the interface is intuitive, and the build quality is serious (it's made of sturdy metal, not cheap plastic). Add in the fact that you can backup your patches to your computer and share them with other people, and you've got one heck of a useful, flexible device.

"Zoom B3 bass pedal effect" submitted January 14, 2014

By Carol Brown in Westland, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I don't play, I'm a vocalist.
Music Style: Motown, R&B, funk, country, soul, rock & blues!
Overall: I bought it for my man and he loves it more than he loves me; which is one HELLUVA lot! His desire to play has increased 100% and his playing has improved exponentially!!

"Nice pedal, cubase le 8 bundled software doesn't work with drivers." submitted February 18, 2016

Overall
Overall: Digging the pedal. Lots of sounds, could take weeks to get a few really nice 'custom' sounds out of it though it comes packed with patches already. Loop is pretty easy to work, my first looper. Rythyms are nice and good selection. Have no problems with the pedal itself. It's just going to take a lot of time to fine tune sounds that I want because there are so many options. Main issue is that the bundled software doesn't work nicely with the drivers, optional drivers also have issues. The issue is cubase refuses to let you select the zoom driver. generic driver record but doesn't play bass through computer speakers. AISO4all driver (online dl) works in cubase but not with pedal. However, you can plug in the USB and record into Audacity with no issues at all. So maybe Cubase is better to import audacity recordings for further mixing, may be useful after all? ------ manufacturer support marked 2.5 cause I have no idea.

"good stuff!" submitted January 12, 2014

By Ray H in Midland, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've started in the band in Jr High, I've been playing Bass since my 2nd year of band when I discovered John Paul Jones, :)
Music Style: 30 plus years, rock, country, Christian, blues
Overall: The first day I recieved this thing I couldn't put it away, I played for hours. I really like it so far, it takes a little time to get what you want out of it, I like it.

"Everything I needed and more" submitted May 2, 2015

By Ronald Gamache in Gallatin, TN
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years of bass, some guitar, skins, semi-pro here and there, church and home
Music Style: Funk, Rock, jazz, gospel, funk, blues, country, reggae, and funk. Some funk too
Overall: 25 year player, dozens of amps, pedals, and Ive never made a better purchase. This thing is a beast. Solid build, good switches and pots, quality piece of gear. Great stomp boxes to work with. Intuitive looper, killer amp modeling. The sound thins a bit at high volume, but nothing eq can't fix. You won't regret this buy, but dont think its going to replace solid analog gear.

"To B3 or not to B3" submitted July 6, 2015

By jack f
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years of rock, R 'nB, Pop, Blues and Funk. Songwriting guitarist.
Music Style: Happy Monkey-Nerve Toe Tappin' Music
Overall: For a home recording guitarist who spends his money on guitar stuff, this is an ideal way to get a lot of bass flavors into your sound palette. Lots of tasty amp emulation and useful tones. Also lots of goofy crap that you'll never use. Built-in drum beats and looper are great. You also get intro Cubase software. Nice bundle for the buck.

"Best decision in effects I have ever made" submitted April 19, 2013

By Casey Petruzzelli in Milwaukee, WI
Musical Background: Bassist since 1988
Music Style: Post rock, old school punk, blues, funk, etc...
Overall: Forget spending $$$ on dozens of effects when you can just buy one unit (fits in the accessory department of my SKB gig bag) and phantom power use from USB or AUX, which is awesome if your small like me and don't like carrying an amp and tons of stuff around to gigs. The sound is phenomenal but the price is a mystery! Worth a hell of a lot more than that! You're crazy if you doubt this for one second! There is so much to choose from and the pre programmed settings are immaculate. Love it! It's also amazing how precise the sound is to each of the amp selections available. It's spot on!

"versatile" submitted November 1, 2015

By Joe H in Indianapolis, IN
Musical Background: Amateur
Music Style: rock original
Overall: I bought this for home recording. It works fine for my needs. I want good clean sounds.It provides everything I want. Easy to use and easy to adjust.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZP-3BMY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976