When you call, mention priority code 1564-YV81

Rating and Reviews: Zoom B2 Bass Pedal

Featuring the ZFX3 processor, the B2 Bass Multi-Effects Pedal accurately reproduces the impressive sound of many analog effects.

"Great sound, low price, tons of features" submitted February 28, 2007

By a customer from kentshill.org
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Psychedelic, Funk, Fusion, Reggae
Sound: Tons of tones you can get. Amp modeling is some of the best I've ever heard, pretty tweakable also. Effects are generally good quality and there are as many as you'll ever need. Basically no background noise thanks to effects quality and the noise gate. Compressor has a rather rough sound to it which I find odd, but would be ok for hard rock I guess. Overall, great sound. Feature: Pretty much good everything. Solid construction, simple knob layout, but you have to read the manual and use this for awhile until you remember what each knob does for each effect. I wish this had an expression pedal but I guess that's what you shell out the extra 50 bucks or so for in the 2.1 model. It's nice that the adapter is included. Pretty simplistic overall, which is how I like it. Ease of Use: You won't have a problem getting awesome sounds out of this. There's a learning curve though, you'll have to learn to tweak this to your exact specifications. Once you learn how though, there's no stopping you. Quality: For a hundred bucks, this thing rocks. Construction's solid, metal with hard plastic sides. This thing feels like it can take a hell of a beating and will last awhile. I'd definitely tour with it. Value: Awesome value, better options and sound quality than a lot of other rigs that charge more. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to deal with Zoom, so I'll call it a 7. The Wow Factor: Looks awesome, sounds awesome, it's cheap and does anything you need, what more can you ask for? Zoom really did it right with this one. Overall: I like pretty much everything about this. I wish the compressor was a little smoother, I wish I didn't have to buy an expression pedal separately, but it's not that big a deal. This is pretty much the only pedal I need, besides a wah and perhaps a BBE Sonic Maximizer. The only thing that even comes close to the usefulness of this is a SansAmp, and that's a lot more expensive. This is a definite must-buy if you're looking for something high-quality that will do it all and not drain your wallet.

"a pre amp effect module eq and compressor it all there" submitted September 28, 2007

Musical Background: active muscian
Music Style: i play it all baby
Sound: the over all sound is clean and hum lacking .extremely tweakable but you will need the manula for a minute . some of the pre sets are excellent there is preety much no limit on what you could do i own a distortion pedal and en eq pedal i dont use either this pedal has it all and you could link 16 dif effects i n a row ive had it for about a year and not one single problem (it will probably fall apart now that i said that ) it took me a while to learn to set and use all the functions at once except for the delay not the echos but the true delay that plays behind you it explains it in the manual but i cant figure it out .. i just reccently got an exspresion pedal for and it has to be a zoom there is a special set up in the plug trust me just get the fps02 it is well worth it it is usable in every aspect in every effect i had the zoom for 7 months before i got the pedal and it made me fall back in love with the pedal there isnt anything you cant do with zoom Ease of Use: at first hard to figure out but the presets they give you are easily customizable for the beginer with 3 controls 1 for the box paramater 4 dif setings 1 for tone 0-10 and over all out put vol but you can adjust on the fly ok drum rythms they give you and there also adjustable a built in tuner a metronome it realy makes any bass sound like a million bucks i have 4 dif bases from top of the line to preety much high end at least ok well the f#*$er is hot roded out any way and old re done aria with dimarzios and a lace systems pick ups Quality: havent had not one problem except i have to be curious and i pulled off part of the big rubber side and i cant get it all the way back on right it is solid as hell nice metal box ive droped it a bunch of times my 80 lb dog stepped all over it and everything else i use rechargeable batteries and they last a solid 6-7 hours .i always play with my zoom i use it as a pre amp and everythuing else i make all my adjustments from the zoom Value: i would buy again and again but next time i think im gonna get the zoom with the usb and buit in usb Manufacturer Support: dont know never needed it The Wow Factor: i hate red hate hate hate it but other wise its cool Overall: i dont think i will ever replace this unit untill it breaks also for a foot stitch you can buy i 15 dollar piano pedal for a switch but you need the zoom expression pedal for wah and volume effex

"Big sound, small box, small price tag." submitted March 19, 2006

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician, home recording engineer.
Music Style: Rock/Blues/Power Blues
Sound: The presets are what most presets are--they stink. But once you decide to actually edit, this box is quite magical. I was able to coax many very cool bass sounds out of this thing. And each change of a parameter actually was noticeable. I wish I had more speakert options, but there are enough (3 per amp type). Feature: As stated above, the presets are just there to show you what it can possibley do, but they fall short of the true nature of this beast. More speaker cabinets would be better, but not necessary. Whish it mic modeling parameters, but again, not necessary for a $100 box. Ease of Use: I'll slap Zoom here. A computer editor would be ideal. Everybody else seems to have one so I think Zoom could have too. One must go through several menues to edit sounds. It only has three knobs so you need to have the manual with you. Fortunately, the manual is pretty decent and straight forward. No technical expertise needed. Quality: Built out or metal. What more can you ask for? Oh, not paper thin metal at that. Value: Overall, I am thrilled with this box. Very good bang for the buck. Zoom got this box right. Manufacturer Support: Since I have had no need to contact the company, I cant really judge. The Wow Factor: I love the fact that this thing can be powered by 4 AA batteries. Alkaline rechargeables are easy to find so you can stick this in a gig bag and not worry about an extra outlet or wire or wall wart. The adapter adds no noise that I can notice. Great looking box, toop.

"Worth more than it cost!" submitted February 25, 2009

Overall
Sound: Many effects I don't find useful, but there are so many that are! With out my B2 I would be lost! Feature: Again, more features than anyone could ever use! Ease of Use: I'm old and it took me a while to figure out, but once you do, things do become easier. I have to keep the manual with me when I program it. Quality: Not sure what to say here. It is built like a tank. Feels smooth and rugged, even over built! But, I have had some electronic glitches. Noises that shouldn't be there and it just quit working for about a week! Fine now, not sure why. Value: Its a least as good as products costing twice as much! Manufacturer Support: Never contacted the company The Wow Factor: umm.... Overall: I would definatly replace it if it was lost,stolen or damaged.

"Made for Bass Solos" submitted December 23, 2010

Musical Background: Musician", "Recording
Music Style: Old school metal, hypnotic
Sound: I see why they stopped making the 708 Zoom Bass Pedal. The B2 is put together much better (Durable). Sustain is great, distortion/gain can be managed well. They echo selections can be set easily without excessive feedback. I have not mastered the pedal as I am still playing with the first few settings. The B2 sounds great with other pedals…. I currently run my pedals in the following way: Bass Wha Wha, B2, Boss Pedal Board. The B2 frankly has better echo settings than my Boss Pedal Board and distortion settings are easier to adjust. Only suggestion I have for now is to make the pedal a little wider to increase stability when making selections one's feet. Money well spent! Feature: I would like a basic echo and distortion combo that could be manipulated easily. Ease of Use: I read the manual once; the pedal is is to adjust. Quality: Durable but would be more stable if pedal had a greater width. Value: Alone, it sounds just as good as my $350 Boss pedal board. Manufacturer Support: I dealt with this company only once in the past... the fixed my old 708 Zoom bass pedal for free. I don't thing the warranty was still active. The Wow Factor: Looks like it was made to rock. Overall: I chose this product becasue they no longer made the Zoom 708 I or II. I had no clue how it would sound, but I am happy with the turn out. I would not replace the pedal and plan to keep it until it breaks or if the pedal has an upgrade.

When you call, mention priority code 1564-YV81. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976