When you call, mention priority code 1617-C440

Rating and Reviews: Zoom A2 Acoustic Effects

The Zoom A2 offers a wide variety of tones. With 32-bit DSP and 24-bit sampling, the Zoom A2 sounds great too.

"You MUST get this unit. You MUST!" submitted October 7, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician with over 28 years experience.
Music Style: Rock, Americana, Country, Celtic, Folk.
Sound: I couldn't ask for a better unit. I can't afford a Martin D-28 but when I plug in and use this pedal, you'd swear I was playing a D-28. Sound quality is superb. I have a decent acoustic/electric guitar but this pedal can make a cheap acoustic/electric guitar sound like a Martin or a Taylor. You can't miss with this one. Feature: Offers plenty of features to tweak your sound however you want it. An AC adapter is included as well so that will save you some batteries and another $20 for an adapter. Ease of Use: As with any unit like this, there is a learning curve when It comes to tweaking it but to be honest, I've never had to do that much. The included presets offer just about any sound you could possibly use. (in MY case anyway) Quality: Old style steel switches. The housing seems to be made of either aluminum or a very hard and thick plastic. IMO, unless your throwing it against concrete walls, It should last you for years. Value: For the price you can't beat it. I honestly think that Zoom could have set the price MUCH higher and they would be selling just as well. Manufacturer Support: Giving them the benefit of the doubt as I've never had to use them. The Wow Factor: Looks great. I like the metallic green color. Overall: Unless it gets lost, stolen or burned in a fire. I expect to keep this unit forever. And if it DID get lost or stolen or destroyed, I'd replace it ASAP without hesitation.

"Zoom A2" submitted April 6, 2012

By Panos Triantopoulos
Musical Background: semi-professional musician
Music Style: rock.blues,jazz,greek folk music.
Overall: Before you buy a more expensive guitar, try this pedal.Clear sound,many effects to choose,a real workhorse...I own a cheap Yamaha FX310A acoustic guitar and a Fender frontman 25r:Zoom A2 sounds like a professional studio recording into my small room.Amazin'....

"Excellent Pedal For Acoustic Guitarists Everywhere" submitted February 9, 2013

By Mike C in Greensboro, NC
Musical Background: Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter
Music Style: Acoustic Worship Music, Contemporary Christian Music, and Alternative Acoustic Music.
Overall: I've had this pedal for a day now and absolutely love it! You can add a whole different guitar sound with a click of a button and then add drums, which by the way, sound great! For the price, you can't beat it, and speaking of price, zZounds is the cheapest around.

"Big dollar value in small unit." submitted March 14, 2006

Music Style: Chritian, country, southern rock
Sound: Pedal sounds great. The effects are all good and believeable. THe best thing is that everything is totally adjustable. The only drawbacks are the way the modules are setup. You can only use one effect from each module, so some effect that you'd like to mix can't be done. Also, reverb can't be used when using the drum machine. The drum machine sounds great by the way and is a lot of fun. Feature: The number of effects are great. Especially when you consider the sheer number of patches that can be used. 40 factory plus 40 user with 47 effects types! $99 bucks is amazing for what you get. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. The disply is small but very understandable. Just select the module and start turning the knobs til you're happy with the sound. Quality: This is a great pedal with all metal construction. Very tough and should definitely outlast other multieffcts which are all plastic. Value: You get a truly amzing and versatile product for what it costs. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it, but the instructions are great The Wow Factor: Come on. It's a pedal. Most folks will never realize it is there. However, the green is cool and the chrome is sharp. It looks great for what it is. Overall: This is a product that you should enjoy forever. It is infinitely variable. Don't buy a new guitar til you try this. You will be amazed. AND SAVE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"THE BEST DOLLAR YOU WILL SPEND FOR YOUR ACOUSTIC GUITAR." submitted April 7, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Classics, blues, rock
Sound: I have a Composite Acoustic OX guitar with a Baggs undersaddle pickup. It sounds OK, nothing to write home about. Whatever factory setting it is when you turn it on made it jump out of my hands. Feature: Comes with AC adapter. I found the drum machine and within two minutes wrote two new guitar songs. Ease of Use: I havent even got to the manual to find out how to dial it in and I love it. I will be up all night going through the settings. Quality: Seems quite sturdy. Value: A tuner pedal costs more than this thing. The Wow Factor: Dripping with sex. Overall: I have an excellent Fender Acoustic amp with great effects. This pedal I have to say is as good if not better. I have had other Zoom products. I am totally sold on what they are doing.

"Hey, I sound better already!" submitted January 23, 2007

Overall
Sound: Guitar modeling is good, subtle (read as "not cheesy". Fool with the buttons and you can get just about anything you want - multi-function buttons allow you to set the parameters for everything with 3 knobs. Feature: Have been using for about a week and it's much more than just plug and play. Seems to be fairly intuitive once you get used to it - you may want to keep the manual around to see what all those parameters actually are (or memorize about 300 of them). Ease of Use: Not for the faint of heart. Display is a 2 digit code so you really have to know where things are stored. Keep a list handy. This is the only real drawback but i'm getting used to it. Quality: Seems to be well made, I haven't dropped it down the steps yet. Value: Seems to be a lot of bang for the buck. Chorus, echo, flanger, phase shifter, etc all under on roof. Add 'em up people. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: Uh, it's a foot pedal. It is a REALLY nice color green though. Overall: I'm so glad I bought this. I sound better already and that's what it's all about. I'm sure there are better effects out there but for the price I don't see how you can beat this one.

"Poor Sound" submitted August 26, 2009

By a customer from mickrippon.com
Musical Background: Professional Guitarist
Music Style: Acoustic FIngerstyle
Sound: After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to purchase this unit for my acoustic duo. Unfortunately I was really disappointed with the boxy digital sound. Feature: Lots of features. Lots of effects. Parameter adjustment was straight-forward and did what I expected them to do. Quality: The unit feels heavy and sturdy. No complains about the build quality. Manufacturer Support: N/A Overall: At the end of the day, despite its ease of use, despite the sturdy design, the sound quality was under par. It lasted for 2 gigs, both times I disconnected it after the 1st set, and chose to use the effects on the Yamaha mixer instead, which frankly were much better. The reverb and compression are very digital sounding; it's boxy - no transparency at all despite my best efforts to tweak the parameters. I really wanted to like this product. Unfortunately it's packed away in a box and regarded as a wasted purchase. I'm never buying a unit based on user reviews again!

"No cause for remorse! This is worth it!" submitted May 9, 2009

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: Serious Hobbyist
Music Style: Singer-Songwriter/Psychedelic-Country-Gospel
Sound: While this offers modeling choices for 11 different acoustic guitar models, I've found this excels at bringing out the best in the acoustic-electric plugged into it. While it comes with a noise reduction feature built in, I have found it to be virtually noiseless without even turning the noise reduction on. The 6-band EQ option really helps to scoop out the midrange to eliminate piezo "quack." Feature: While the unit can be battery-operated (4-AA cells), an AC power supply is included with it. The best features are the modFX and delays. It also includes an on/off switch. What it lacks, IMO, is a good stereo output. Instead of using two 1/4" TS jacks for separate L/R signals, this uses a single 1/4" TRS output jack. I also wish the unit had put the reverse delay and tape echo functions in the delay/reverb cluster of FX. Instead, Zoom put them with the modulation FX (chorus/phaser/flanger/tremolo) so one cannot use phaser or flanger with reverse delay--so much for my using this for a rendition of "Rain" Ease of Use: This is very easy to use. The interface is not completely intuitive, but the instruction manual is clearly written and five minuts spent reading it is sufficient. I was able to edit and store 20 user-edited patches in less than an hour. And about 10 minutes of that hour was spent in tweaking the EQ to get it to sound the way I wanted. After that it was a snap. Quality: This is very solidly built. The four adjustment knobs are sturdy, not loose. The two footswitches are solid on/off types like you would find on an old-fashioned stomp box--not lightweight solenoid type switches. While I have not owned this long enough to tell how it will work in the long run, several friends have been using the Zoom 505 and 504 boxes for over 6 years now with little sign of wear. If this lasts half that long it will be worth it. Value: Even though this has a ton of features I'll probably never need or use, it is worth the price for the features I will be using. It has the most features compared with any other product in its price range, or even double it's price. Manufacturer Support: I'd have to say I have no experience with their customer service but I've never had a problem where I've had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: While this is definitely a great piece of equipment and I don't regret this purchase, I could not give this a 10 simply because of what it lacks in features. Yes, if I had to do it over again, I'd still pick this unit; but if it had dual 1/4" outputs and reverse delay in the proper FX cluster with the other delay FX, this would rank a solid 10 with me. Overall: I really don't anticipate buying another FX box for a long time. I will make do with this one since it still does a lot of things that I need. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely replace it with another A2.

When you call, mention priority code 1617-C440. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976