When you call, mention priority code 14RH-M2R0

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha YPG-235 Keyboard

Yamaha's most portable Portable Grand boasts rich stereo piano sound (and tons more voices) -- and even a 6-track sequencer for recording your own music.

Yamaha YPG-235 Keyboard Customer Review submitted March 13, 2011

Overall
Feature: For an inexpensive keyboard there are quite a few sounds available. Ease of Use: The manual is very easy to understand. The learning curve is quick. Quality: It is light weight so it is easy to transport to gigs. It can be hooked into an amplifier to make the sound loud enough for live performances with a band. Manufacturer Support: This is my second YPG-235. I had trouble getting the first one hooked up to my computer. Yamaha tech support was very helpful and we came to the assumption that the USB port was faulty. I returned my first keyboard and had a second on delivered to me in three days. The new one worked with my computer immediately. Tech support and zZounds were both very helpful. The Wow Factor: If I could afford a more expensive model I would go for that. But for the price I am very satisfied with this keyboard. It looks good and is a good addition to our band.

"Super great deal for a wonderful musical instrument." submitted January 11, 2011

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: Parent of Children in Piano/keyboard lessons
Sound: The Keyboard sounds amazing, and our girls love it! There is so much for them to do on it. We have a piano as well, so this adds to it for them. Feature: The adapter is a must, and we got the headphones and stand too! We got the single x stand, the stand is fine, but I wouldn't recommend it. I don't feel that it is study enough, especially with two big dogs running around. I would get the double x at least. Ease of Use: Our kids take piano lessons, and their instructor has a keyboard they use also, so they had no problem getting going on this. They are 7 and 9. Quality: I love the Yamaha, and the sound is amazing! Value: I checked local music stores, and the internet, and this was totally the best deal for a great musical instrument. Manufacturer Support: Super quick response,and wonderful customer service. I emailed about the stand. The Wow Factor: Very sleek and professional looking. Overall: We will keep using it as long as the children are interested. If they continue down this road we will upgrade to the 88 keys. We now have 76
53 of 55 people (96.36%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Yamaha YPG 235...Priced right and with that good old Yamaha reputation--A WIN WIN!!!" submitted June 10, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: registered songwriter with A.S.C.A.P.
Music Style: rhythm/blues,urban pop,rock ballad,childrens theater
Sound: The sounds that I get from the Yamaha is quite expressive and the textures of sounds is magnificent from piano to strings and beyond.One of the major reasons for my choice to purchase this brand is because of the fact that Yamaha is world known for its popular pianos and Yamaha took every oportunity to relay that experience over to the YPG. Feature: The after market people who actually are responsible for the stand, were nice enough to include the allen wrench,stand,and legs but the actual screws were no where to be found.In all fairness,when you get a keyboard of this calibre the flimsy stand I wouldn't have used anyway.The features are wonderful and not complicated to learn for someone truly wanting to drive this thing to a certain musical purpose.It did not include the usb A-B wire and I don't understand why it wouldn't be but for a small three dollar and change I'll have it delivered. Ease of Use: It was only about 15 minutes after I took the keyboard from the box that I was able to start creating sounds that I consider suited my taste.As a writer I have specific taste in sounds that I need and use and for the price the YPG came through with flying colors.The manual is so precise that even a novice will be creating beautiful sound in no time.And don't forget,the YPG has a built in learning center. Quality: The YPG is a very sturdy keyboard.Good for on the road travel,the factory quality is great also.Power made simple,and thats wonderful at a time in my life currently where my wife and I are starting a website. Value: I believe the price is a steal.This keyboard is very much worth much more than its listed price,and again if anyone has owned this particular brand you can expect them to echo that comment. Manufacturer Support: Well,if you ate buying the keyboard new like we did,I would suggest that you complete the online registration (to C.Y.A.)and at present I couldn't imagine anything going wrong,but just in case(my A.)is covered.Respectfully the name itself is synonymous with sturdy and dependable as well as quality equipment.Motorcycles,you name it,Yamaha is a name I will be buying for a long time. The Wow Factor: There is no doubt that there is a certain genius in the design,but at the age of (a young)42,I know that the sex appeal of this product is,if at all,not wasted on the sheer design itself.Looks great also.This keyboard Overall: This keyboard has everything that I need in a recording device and the sequencing is a marvelous way to assemble songs before final recording.If I were to lose it for any reason I would immediately replace it with another YPG.I'm "old fashioned" and If something works really good for me more often than not,i wouldn't try to take it apart or change or fix it.
79 of 83 people (95.18%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Bought for a Novice - Exceeded Expectations!" submitted December 30, 2010

Music Style: rock, pop
Sound: The sound is great on this keyboard -- it was purchsed for a 10-year-old "budding musician", and we have been thrilled with the variety of sounds, beats, pre-recorded sounds, and the number of options for him to explore. Feature: The product included NO accessories...not even an electrical plug/adaptor! That was a surprise to us...might not be to others. We did get a "survival kit", that included headphones, foot pedal, and the power cord. It did seem strange to me to have to pay extra for that... Ease of Use: Harder for me to figure out, quite intuitive for my son. I couldn't figure out how to get the drum sound without reading the instructions -- he's been able to get all kinds of sounds going without once looking at the manual, so I'll give it an 8... Quality: Very well made. Solid keyboard, solid stand. No issues on working, but we've only had it for a week. It seems like it will last for years. Value: I would say the item was appropriately priced. It's a solid, well built keyboard, that has a variety of interesting options for someone who is learning how to play and enjoys experimenting. Definitely worth the price. Manufacturer Support: I didn't have to contact Yamaha, but did contact ZZounds to order (needed advice on what to get) and service (missing power cable in survival kit). Service at all times was outstanding....very knowledgeable, incredibly patient (I had no idea what I wanted!), and great service orientation. The Wow Factor: Very slick look -- love how it looks set up on the stand. Very professional looking and "high tech" with all the different buttons. Nice LED screen as well. Overall: I expect we'll have this keyboard and use it for years to come. The only change I could see would be if my son continues to a point where he wants to do more recording or more sophisticated music work. If the product were lost, I would replace with same.

"WONDERFUL" submitted February 12, 2012

By Gloria W in Ruidoso, NM
Overall
Musical Background: I play for my own pleasure and it has been years since I played. Enjoying it again!
Music Style: Oldies, ballads some country
Overall: I am very pleased with my YPG-235. It does more than I expected and the variety it offers is unending. Beautiful tone, love the YES program and it arrived it perfect condition. Highly recommend.

"Good composing and practice keyboard" submitted November 26, 2013

By Tom T in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Started with keyboards in 1998. Before that played various instruments. www.soundclick.com/thomastrotter
Music Style: Contemporary instrumental. New Age/World/Nu Jazz fusion.
Overall: I used to have a Yamaha DGX-305. The Yamaha YPG-235 is a lot like it. I'm getting back into composing after about a seven year layoff. The 76 keys and the feel of the keyboard are just right for what I want to do, which is mainly to get back up to speed on my technique, and to create some new music which I record on my computer as a .WAV file. It's solidly built, but light enough that I can take it with me to play away from home. The headphone jack doubles as a line out. The sustain works good. The instrument sounds are good and somewhat tweakable via reverb and chorus effects, and then even moreso when I have a .WAV file to modify with my editing software. It's a very good keyboard for the price. zZounds shipped it promptly, and the pay as you play installment plan is just what I needed, so I'm very satisfied.

"A Gret keyboard for the beginner as well as someone wanting to acompany another instrument or play with a small band." submitted January 12, 2011

Overall
Music Style: I just love music most any type except rock.
Sound: Great sound. Really amazing the sound received from the Yamaha-YPG-235. My wife wanted a piano & this is a real satisfaction to her wants as she can play so many diferent insruments on this one keyboard. Great shipping expereince with zz-sounds. Feature: Purchased the survival kit & it included everything wanted to enjoy the keyboard. Ease of Use: Very easy to play so many different sounds & songs. Quality: We have not owned it very long but it appears to be well constructed. Value: In researching keyboards this was the best value that I found. Manufacturer Support: No I have had no personel contact with anyone at this time. The Wow Factor: Very good looking. Perhaps it might be improved with a darker color. Just a preference I guess. Overall: No plans to make any upgrades or changes presently.

"Fabulous Instrument" submitted June 4, 2013

By James W in Granite Falls, NC
Musical Background: Multi instrument church musician
Music Style: Contemporary and Classic Christian and Gospel
Overall: After having played the keyboard in church for four years. A Yamaha DGX5??(same as YPG535) I read reviews, thought for months about the YPG235, and took the plunge and bought one. It is virtually the same instrument minus 12 keys and sounds equally good. I'd definitely recommend buying one. I Ordered it last Friday and got it Tuesday afternoon. Thanks Zzounds

"Great product" submitted December 13, 2011

Musical Background: Never
Music Style: Country
Sound: It was a gist for one ofmy Granddaughters and she loved it. Another Grandaughter like it so much we bought a second one for her for Christmas. Quality: the headphones and stand could be better quality

"Yamaha YPG-235" submitted January 15, 2014

By Martin W in New Albany, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Casual musician, home entertainment. Guitar for 15 years.
Music Style: 80's Rock, Pop.
Overall: This was a Santa gift for my 9 year old son, who wanted a Yamaha keyboard. He has been taking piano lessons for a couple years and wanted something a little more interesting than our upright piano at home. This ended up being one of the best gifts of the year. Everyone in the family is playing it and experimenting with the hundreds of sounds. I'm very pleased with the purchase, this was an excellent value. My wife has been playing piano for 30 + years and enjoys this keyboard.

"Excellent!" submitted January 26, 2014

By Chris W in Sebring, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Piano beginner; taking lessons.
Music Style: Pop, jazz, classical
Overall: Excellent product, excellent price. Got the package with the stand, adapter, and headphones.

"YAMAHA YPG 235" submitted November 12, 2013

By BOB BARNES in SMITHFIELD, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I play for events in this area. I also volunter and play at convelesant and retirement centers and am music director at church.
Music Style: I play most styles.
Overall: A great keyboard for the price It replaces my Yamaha DGX 305 which I dropped and broke, The new keyboard arriived in three days in time for a job I had.Free shipping.

"A great instrument" submitted May 18, 2014

By Victor Kater in Venice, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Since 1960, when I was 16 years old. I played jazz piano at a radio station in Argentina. I play piano, organ and synthesizer.
Music Style: Jazz and international music, especially Latin
Overall: I recently purchased this keyboard to replace an aging Roland that I use in conjunction with a Yamaha synthesizer in my performances as an ambiance musician. Completely delighted with the quality of sound, sophisticated registers, overall quality. Highly recommended: a superb value.

"Wonderful Keyboard" submitted October 17, 2013

By Tina L in Dallas, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Not musically inclined!
Music Style: Rythm and Blues
Overall: I purchased this keyboard for my daughter's birthday. She loves it! It has a wonderful sound and my Aunt who is a musical teacher of over 30 years recommended it!

"yamaha portable grand piano 235" submitted May 8, 2014

By Edward O in North Providence, RI
Overall
Musical Background: I play the accordion also I consider my playing as a hobby and a great past time.
Music Style: blues and honky tonk piano
Overall: Real great instrument I amaze my friends when I show them I can replica sounds from banjo to brass just by chosing one of the many on board voices that comes with it. I got a good deal on the price zzounds lives up to its reputation.

"Grandmother's beyond repair acoustic piano replacement, and a fine replacement it is." submitted May 19, 2011

By a customer from michaelgene.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician/studio owner.
Music Style: etc. :) (combo of playing ALL types of music for 40+ years)
Sound: on board speakers are fine BUT plug this into an amp or PA and it brings out the best in this keyboard, and a mighty fine "best" it is. Feature: came bundled with stand, headphones and an AC adaptor that imho they should all come from the factory with. A good buy bundled. Overall: This is a fine instrument, bought to replace my Grandmothers acoustic piano that my daughter has played for many years but is not worth repairing AGAIN. I love the piano sounds of the Yamaha and what a value having all the other voices also. This is a quality keyboard that my daughter can continue to use for piano but now delve into other sounds as well.

"Yamaha YPG-235" submitted October 16, 2013

By Edward Z
Overall
Musical Background: 50+ years. Also miserable with strings and brass. Play professionally until they sight in their beer bottles.
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, old rock and R&B. Classical
Overall: Nice for the money. No piano action but good key feel nonetheless. Lot of extras I hadn't counted on.

"Yamaha YPG-235" submitted January 2, 2014

By ronald g in xenia, OH
Musical Background: none
Music Style: A little of everything.
Overall: Bought for my youngest son and he loves it. The sound is great and he says it"s a good as the pianos at his school.

"Pretty Good" submitted January 13, 2014

By Tom R
Musical Background: Guitar/12 years - Piano/Rookie
Music Style: Country
Overall: Bought this keyboard for the wife. She loves it. Beginner student enjoys the soft touch keys along with sound quality.

"Yamaha YPG-235 Portable Grand Keyboard" submitted May 22, 2014

By Gerry P in Mundelein, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Play professionally for 53 yrs.
Overall: Great keyboard particularly for beginners. A very reasonable entry level instrument. I used to teach a piano class and we had 25 of an earlier model of this keyboard. Lots of features - metronome, onboard recorder, and rhythm accompaniaments.

"Good Piano" submitted January 26, 2014

Overall
Overall: Very good basic set up, has everything you need to get started.

"Yamaha YPG-235 Portable Grand Keyboard" submitted August 13, 2012

By Frank M in Licking, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 50 years, keyboard, piano and organ. I play for Church and related gatherings. Semi-professional.
Music Style: Christian, gospel, southern gospel.
Overall: Comparing the YPG-235 to a keyboard I have had for more than 20 years, I must say the Yamaha falls flat on most of its features and I am sadly disappointed with its performance and utility. The touch sensitivity is way out of control (never knowing what result you'll get when you stike a key). As you progress up the keyboard, in piano mode, the notes fall flat (not in key), and there are other features that are totally unusable and not useful for my purposes. Many of the "voices" are so similar you are unable to distinguish them as the sound they are supposed to represent. I could go on ad infinitum, but to no useful purpose. Yes, I bought it. Yes, I am keeping it. Why, because it serves the purpose I bought it for and that is the ease of connection to my computer and convenience to write music via notation software. Had I bought it for reasons of performing in front of even a small group, it would have been returned immediately. Yamaha, has disappointed me with this particular instrument.

"Print Yamaha YPG-235 Portable Grand Keyboard" submitted May 9, 2014

By sivakumar palanisamy
Overall
Musical Background: no, i am not professinal but i love piano music.
Music Style: rock and hip-hop
Overall: very very fine and excellent model and also economy.

When you call, mention priority code 14RH-M2R0. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976