When you call, mention priority code 1738-QY54

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha THR10 Guitar Amp

Don't sacrifice tone while practicing. The Yamaha THR10 has accurate tube-modeling tone, even at low volume -- and its USB output is easy to record with.

"Wise choice" submitted February 5, 2014

By john thompson in Sonora, CA
Musical Background: 20 years experience. Guitar, keyboards, jam at home
Music Style: rock, classical
Overall: I explored just about every possible amp before buying the Yamaha THR10. I play guitar at home and the THR10 is designed especially for bedroom/living room playing. My last amp was a Carvin Vintage 16 tube amp. It looked great and was well made but way, way too loud. Even on the 5 watt setting I rarely had the chance to enjoy the tone it was capable of because the optimum sound came at higher volume levels. It was frustrating and I sold the amp and went back to playing acoustic. After a couple years I went electric again and began comparing amps. That was when I noticed the Yamaha. I saw some amazing videos and lots of positive reviews. I was careful not to make another mistake, I've heard Roland Cubes and seen a few micro amps but they seemed like toys to me and I got to have something with smokin' tone!! The Yamaha turned out to be tone beast all around. There are plenty of clean tones that sound larger than possible when I want that But my favorite is the Crunch mode set on 7. Clean when playing easy, then snarling distortion when played roughly. I can't get enough of it! Both the Modern and Brit Hi modes are vicious as well. I had a Boss ME 50 processor and a couple Digitechs in the past but the Hall reverb on the THR10 may ibe the best reverb of all. The twin speakers give it a stereo sound as though it's coming two directions! Ridiculous. As small as it is, I still keep it around level 5 because it's plenty loud. It's hard to imagine anything this small sounding so good, but it does. I rarely use the effects because the sound is so good without them. Occasionally I plug in headphones at night which is a blast because I can set the amp on the couch or easily carry it from one room to another. Before I close I would just like to say that this amp may be less suitable for NuMetal or detuned Korn style sounds and wouldn't really work for gigging among bigger amps, so please don't try to set this next to your buddies stack or combo on stage. It's really for getting amazing sounds at home.

"Yamaha THR10" submitted September 17, 2012

By David B in Alexandria, VA
Musical Background: intermediate amateur
Music Style: rock, blues
Overall: This is the best home use/practice amp I've played. Its sound capabilities are phenomenal, especially considering the size of the two speakers. It has several guitar modes, from acoustic to lead to bass to extreme crunch, plus it has reverb, delay and some chorus. I can highly recommend it. The only problem I have had is the fact that I wasn't able to register it on the Yamaha site, even though I tried several times.

"Yamaha THR10 Desktop Guitar Combo Amplifier" submitted December 9, 2013

By Andrew V in Roberts creek, BC
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player,30 + year, record, jam, gig.
Music Style: s. Blues, jazz, experimental, country jazz, etc.
Overall: I have never felt strong enough ( good or bad) about any product to review, this delicious amp has motivated me to get proactive. I have many iconic amps in my studio but nothing that sounds like this THR CLASSIC! I am now using it at the kitchen table, the cottage, I use it to jam with full band by using the headphone jack to line out to my Bose ps1 --- crystal clear with very little sound degradation. Have also gigged with it. I am not a fan of selling music gear but if this love affair continues I will be selling my other amps except the Bose, they are a match made in heaven. Go grab one, you won't regret it and your playing time with increase as well as your reason to play--- warm tubey clear sound!! And I have not got into the superb sound quality of the effects yet, unbelievable!

"Amazing amp!!!" submitted April 15, 2012

By Buddy Neighbors in Dallas, TX
Musical Background: Semi pro. Been playing for 35years
Music Style: Blues, blues rock
Overall: This is the best practice amp I have ever heard. You can get great harmonic tones at whisper volumes that allows you to play in your living room. Just an incredible product!!! Have you ever wanted to have Marshall lead harmonic tones at volumes you can talk over? You've got it with this baby!!. Highly recommended !!!

"I'm Blown Away" submitted March 24, 2014

By Mike F in Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: Guitar,Keyboards and drum programing
Music Style: Jazz,Blues,Rock and Reggae.
Overall: I got it out of the box and took it thru Hell and Highwater and was blown away by what this baby can do.The new technology is awesome.I'm from the old school believing that bigger is better...this changes everything!

"Yamaha THR10 Desktop Guitar Combo Amp" submitted November 11, 2012

By Jean B
Musical Background: 30 plus years
Music Style: Rock jazz country
Overall: Didn't want to rate this right away. I wanted to play it for a month or so. Right out of the box. It has a really big sound. Not really loud. But a really big sound for an amp this small. Another review called it tinny. I found if you have it up on a chair or on a desk. It can be a bit tinny. But on the floor where it belongs. Sounds much bigger. I am a tube amp player. I mod all my amps as I want them to sound. Couldn't believe the sound from this little solid state amp. It does sound very very tubish. With a nice array of effects. But here is where I think this amp fails. With all the things it can do. Why not incorperate a line out and maybe even a speaker out. Seriously. I would concider playing this amp at a gig. It sounds that good. But would never mic this. That is where the tinnyness would kill the sound.

"Great All-a-Round Amp" submitted July 13, 2014

By Eric Willmes in Atlanta, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Solo home jammer!
Music Style: Anything I can play!
Overall: Great size, sound and quality. More impressive is ZZounds customer support. My order was a little tricky with multiple items as well as partial returns due to my lack of paying attention to my order. Zzounds, thanks for all your help!

"THR Sound Imagination" submitted August 7, 2012

By David Hodge in LOCKPORT, NY
Musical Background: Non Professional
Music Style: I listen to electronic and ambient music, grew up with blues music and classical and progressive rock. I have way to many styles
Overall: The THR 5 / 10 is the most affordable amp that can be taken anywhere with a battery operated system lasting up to 6 hours it makes guitar playing versatile and gives the impression you have a 110 lbs. 200Watt HD with a 4X12 cab.Not to mention the great sound. The THR takes guitar playing into another phase with controls for modeling..Clean, Crunch, Lead, British Hi, and Modern and more. All these styles are set off with variable Delay/Reverb and Effects Like chorus, flanger,phaser, tremolo. The gain works as a loudness boost that makes the guitar output volume and master volume adjustable for very fine volume control. This is great for playing late at night so you don't wake any one up and it really is very sensitive. On the High side its just as loud as 2x12 twin. I would recommend this amp to beginners as its packed with sound and creation. However even for the advanced guitarist it can be used anywhere even in the forest with long battery power and measuring 14 in. (THR10) by 5in. deep it can be put in back pack, it feels lighter than a laptop. But the best part is still to come it is USB compatible and Yamaha offers a THR app and downloadable program with many other settings and a noise gate. Plus it has an aux for a mp3 and memory plus headphone jack. And if you don't have batteries the AC power adapter is great anywhere.

"Nice little practice amp" submitted June 23, 2014

By Mike Cossey in Batesville, AR
Overall
Musical Background: 35 off and on years of personal pleasure playing.
Music Style: Folk, Folk / Country / Hick Rock....Classic Rock... Hard Rock....Country.....elect and acoustic......
Overall: This little practice amp is perfect for quick easy practice time. Has enough punch for the effects to shine through. I have a Taylor T5 that I mainly use with this amp on the Flat setting for my acoustic sound, maybe the acoustic setting on the amp are tuned in for a piezo pickup and the T5 has it's own magnetic PU for acoustic. In today's economy and market it seems to be $50 to $75 overpriced....yes I would recommend this to others as long as they are looking for and easy to use hassle free, get right to playing practice amp...and it's in their Price range......

"the third Amp ?" submitted November 21, 2013

By David Ames in Freeport, ME
Musical Background: Professional wannabe 40 years
Music Style: Acoustic Electric guitar Rock blues country punk disco funk pop and soul
Overall: This is a great little amp for all forms of experimentation Easy to get great sounds fast spatial voicings and just funLoud enough to play inside a room or to a crowd just mike it up Great for recording quiet songs or blistering solos

"cant be beat" submitted December 9, 2012

By stuart w in lutz, FL
Musical Background: 15 years. Guitar and jam at home
Music Style: rock, metal
Overall: Can't imagine what the guy who said it's tinny sounding is talking about? The cleans are great but I still can't believe how you can nail any Marshall sound you want. The effecits are great. You can quickly go from playing Jimi Hendrix to Eddie Van Halen and back to Tom Petty. Buy it and you will probably be like me and not miss any of your old tube amps for practice. I am guessing the reason they don't provide the ability to extend to a cabinet is because the unique design is what helps it sound like a tube amp?

"Yamaha THR 10" submitted August 12, 2012

By Ron May in Bullville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Played for 40 years, still doing solo acoustic gigs, singer songwriter
Music Style: Rock, blues,funk, ballads .. eclectic
Sound: I'm not impressed with the sound quality, difficult for me to get a decent sound.Mostly tinny and trebelly sounding. Feature: It has a tuner, which is good, but the presets sound tinny Ease of Use: I haven't gotten great sounds out of it,.. decent at best with a lot of tweaking. Quality: Seems to be made fairly well Value: I don't think it's worth $300 Manufacturer Support: Haven't used yet, no warranty card or info enclosed. The Wow Factor: There is no WOW factor. It's just a small practice amp for quiet practice. Overall: It's Ok for quiet praticing, and portability. Sometimes I can get decent tones out of it,if I tweak it just right. Most of the time it sounds tinny. Also, There was no warrantycard or warranty info in the box.

When you call, mention priority code 1738-QY54. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976