When you call, mention priority code 1764-YZWR

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha STAGEPAS 500 PA

The STAGEPAS 500 portable PA system includes two 10" speakers, a detachable 10 channel mixer, and all required cabling.

"Yamaha has done it again!" submitted October 3, 2008

Musical Background: Gigging guitarist/vocalist
Music Style: Jazz, Ballads
Sound: Clear and crisp...I use a tube mic preamp, Aphex Aural Exicter and a digital reverb unit to really expand the unit. Small to medium venues--this is THE ANSWER. The low end is tight,with good boom; not earthshaking. Audiences comment on the clarity of our sound. Feature: I got the mic stand adaptor, speaker stands and roller bags ( you'll need one for each speaker) for east of transport. Ease of Use: My teens have used it for their parties. Nothing complicated. Quality: Truly gig worthy and consistent night after night. Value: I can't believe what I got for under a grand! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Really cool...roll 'em in, put the speakers/mixer on stands and plug n play. It doesn't get any better. Overall: If this were to get damaged, lost, stolen I'd have another one the next day.

"Get One of These!" submitted December 13, 2007

By a customer from cox.net
Music Style: Smooth Jazz, R&B
Sound: The sound quality rivals our band's larger PA. Clear highs and surprisingly good lows for 10 inch speakers. It's Yamaha...great sound seems to be their standard. Feature: Portability and time to set up/tear down are the best features besides the excelent sound. I got the optional roller bags and the mic stan adaptor for the mixer. We were set up in less than 15 minutes with two keys, bass, drum machine, two guitars, two vocal mics and a CD player. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Simple and straightforward mixing console. While compact, BIG on sound. 500 watts was more than ample to fill a hotel size meeting room with 200 guests. Quality: The speakers are very durable made with metal screws and faceplate (not plastic). The mixer unit, which can be left in the back of one of the speakers, stayed cool through 3 hours of playing. Value: You can't find better sound for the buck...trust me I looked. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed support other than in researching the features. Yamaha was responsive and they offer a great waaranty on their gear. The Wow Factor: This thing is impressive. We walked in the door with two roller bags and the host wasn't afraid that we'd be too loud. Some guests who are musicians marveled at how good of sound we had. Two even said they want to get the system! Overall: This will be the mainstay of our small coffee house/small hotel lounge gigs. We'll reserve our 15's and 14 channel board/monitors for large rooms/outdoors. This little workhorse can carry the load without us breaking our backs or compromising our sound.
41 of 43 people (95.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome, portable & wide variety of uses!" submitted April 22, 2014

By Dennis W in Denton, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Playing drums for 53 years and running sound for about 45. Played semi professionally and DJd
Music Style: Classic Rock, Country/Country Rock & Contemporary Christian
Overall: After all my PA & drum equipment was destroyed in a fire, I got this unit to replace a couple small portable powered speakers and monitors. This was the best thing I could have ever done. I looked over many reviews, through many different sources and decided on this system. I am constantly amazed at the sound and versatility of these. I have used them for powered monitors for a band, my monitor for me playing drums, inside the house (just the one speaker and mixer) when we have a party for the Karaoke machine, outside at Halloween when I run music during Trick or Treat (we usually have at least 400 kids come by and you can hear it throughout the town), or when we have parties in the back yard (I don't have to bring out all my massive speakers and amps). The bass available still shocks me for such small speakers (it's not earth shattering but gives a nice full sound and more bass than my Peavey PR15s!). I wished there was a SUB OUT for these to run a powered sub. The newer 600i have an ipod dock which really adds and it have got that if it would have been available in 2010 when I got mine but I hook one up to one of the two RCA inputs and still works fine. I have been looking at the Samson system (a friend of mine is looking for a all in one system) and there seems to be a major problem with circuitry of the mixers burning out. I still would recommend this or the newer 400i or 600i to anyone, you can't go wrong! Never had to use the support.

"Outstanding sound system!" submitted March 22, 2011

By a customer from q.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist-DJ Part time
Music Style: old school Rock and roll
Sound: I looked for 4 months trying to find the right sound system. Well, I found it in this system! The Quality is perfect and sound could not be better. Nice Job Yamaha! Feature: Simply put it is easy to set up and go. Ease of Use: I have had people come to me and conment on what a system for the money. Quality: The system is very well bulit for the price Value: Just right Manufacturer Support: Never had any problems.

"Fantastic Little PA" submitted July 31, 2009

Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Swing, Pop, Easy Listening
Sound: For such a compact unit the sound quality is amazing. Bottom end is warm and punchy, no nasty honky mid frequencies and crisp clean high end. Really couldn't fault it! Feature: Would be an even better system if there was a send and return for adding an extra effects unit. The built in reverb isn't great & there is no seperate level control per channel(only an on/off button) so once it's on, it's on with the same amount on everything. Also a little more control over EQ would have been a nice feature. Ease of Use: Barring what I mentioned above, this PA is super easy to set up & use Quality: Sturdy speakers - solid moulded plastic. Very clever design as the mixer slots into the back of one and all cables can be stored in the back of the other Value: Great value - nothing in this price range comes close The Wow Factor: This PA is super sexy. Looks great, sounds great, amazing value for money and you wont break your back carting it around!! Overall: I use this PA for church weddings and pre dinner gigs.It has more than enough power for these applications. I have used it a couple of times for night time gigs (100-150 people in a small/medium size room) but felt I was driving it a bit to hard although there were no sound quality issues. Would love if Yamaha would address the issues I mentioned above and also consider bringing out the stagepas 800 or even 1000!!! I would buy another one tomorrow if it were lost or stolen

"Great portable speaker system" submitted June 1, 2011

Musical Background: Tribute Artist
Music Style: Elvis and Neil Diamond
Sound: I already own the Stagepas 300, so I knew what I would be getting with the larger system. I wanted a more powerful version for larger venues, bigger crowds and outdoor uses, so I bought the 500. It has the same great crisp sound output of the 300. With a little dash of reverb, it makes you sound like a million bucks. I used the 500 for the first time this weekend to DJ and perform and it sounded just great. Feature: I gave it a 10 even though there really aren't any accessories supplied (or needed) with these speakers. Other than the built-in amp and power and speaker cables, there really isn't anything else needed. Just set it up, plug it in, turn it on and go. The only possible feature it could use is maybe one more RCA jack input (or an iPOD jack). It has two already, but I could use a third one. Ease of Use: Again, the speakers are relatively light. The mixer/amp is embedded in the back of one of the speakers and easily removed. There are recesses in the bottom of each, so they are easily mounted on stands. You plug one into the wall and two cables from the mixer into each speaker and you're ready for some great sound. There are controls for speech/music (which I always leave on Music), limiting, reverb, treble, bass and volume for each input. On my 300, I have a Shure SM58 wireless mic and an MP3 player velcroed to the top of the speaker with the mixer, for an instant, portable performance system. Quality: The Yamaha Stagepas products (both the 300 and 500) have a very nice look and solid feel. They don't scratch easily. I just bought the 500 (for more power and bigger venues), but have had the 300 for several years and several hundred gigs and I've never had a problem. Every once in a while, the speakers will shut off momentarily if you are pushing them too hard, but that's a built-in safety mechanism. These are perfect for the one-man-show and use "on the road." It seems like these speakers will last forever (uh oh, I jinxed myself). Value: I would say yes, it's worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: I have only had the 500 system for a couple of weeks and have only used it once. But, as I stated above, I have had the Stagepas 300 for several years and have done at least 300 gigs with them. And these speakers have been so good and reliable that I haven't even had to contact the company once. So, I will give this one a 10 because they make such a good product, you don't need to contact them. The Wow Factor: I don't know about "sex appeal," but if you are a musician or performer and do a lot of short gigs where you need quick setup and easy teardown and great sound and reliability out of the system, then this system is very sexy. Overall: The Stagepas 500 is the last set of speakers I will ever buy. Got them for larger (and outdoor) venues, to compliment the Stagepas 300 system I already had for smaller gigs. They do everything a performer could possibly ask for and sound great, too.

"Just plain Average." submitted April 13, 2008

Overall
Sound: Sounds pretty good for a small to mid size room. Feature: The mixer is average. Nothing special here... The reverb is a joke... No mid range EQ. Ease of Use: Easy as 123...Plug and play... very LIGHT...Great for small gigs on the road Quality: Speakers sound pretty good. Again mixer needs more features Value: For the price the mixer needs to be much better. Manufacturer Support: No need

"Great Product!Great out output,More than the money worth." submitted September 12, 2007

Musical Background: Active pianist and performer
Music Style: not any of the listed Gospel and classicals
Sound: I do not have any tip I believe the engineers are coming up with stage pass 800 or so. Therefore the great job they did in SP300then 500got better and yet would be much better as it progresses. We cannot ask for much more than rely on them but if they can make it such that powered speakers dont turn off the spplied speakers that would be great I pluged in the Roland 500 to it and the speakers that came with it cut off I thought they blew up but later realized what happend. Please look into it out for out put, clearity and on the fo functions it is great for its price,think of making it possible to use the fiberoptic input for greater sound effect during film and movie presentations. Feature: The most useful feature is its portability, and the clearity of sound. I wish it has a wider rage of power. I took it for a presentation in UK where they use 240 volts I had to buy another step transformer for it consider making it like the computer where you can switch to any rage of pwer available bearing its portability in mind, this product could be taken any where around the globe. Ease of Use: Great and easy to use like I said earlier when my Roland c500 was pluged in, the speakers that came with it cut off. I do not know if anyone has experienced it but I found it a con Quality: This product is well built with portability and durability in mind. The only suggestion I have is thatin next product it will be great to make it possible to invert the amplifier unit inside out the speaker compartment so as to protect the knob while on transit Manufacturer Support: yes not quite easy to reach but very friendly. Overall: this is a leading cutting edge portable gear non that close.
19 of 23 people (82.61%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1764-YZWR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976