When you call, mention priority code 15GT-YF3J

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha S90XS 88-Key Synth

With 88 weighted keys, plus the sound engine from the Motif XS, Yamaha's S90 XS keyboard seamlessly melds "stage piano" with "performance synthesizer."

Overall

"The answer for today's keyboard/synth players who love to perform... either live or in a studio." submitted October 21, 2009

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: Vocal Music / Guitar Instructor... Performer
Music Style: Worship to Old rock and Roll.. to soft Rock
Sound: The Yamaha s90xs is a beast. I’ve owned many keyboards in my 35+ years and this is the top of the line product for both performing and studio work. I’m a music educator as well as a performer… and this synth/stage piano combo is ideal for the live stage situation. I have a 4 piece band that plays at a local coffee shop and this is a perfect keyboard for the performer who wants the right sound “right now”. The engine is the same as the “flagship” MOTIF XS… so there are endless possibilities with sounds. I have played the Motif XS and have found the “learning curve” to hinder the live performer… it takes too long to feel comfortable using. Well, here comes the answer. In my humble opinion… I could see this… S90XS or the S70XS being the answer for those who struggle with the large learning curve that accompanies the MOTIF. Don’t get me wrong, if you are just looking for a keyboard that you only need limited sounds for playing… the Yamaha C300 or the Yamaha C30…might be a better “stage piano” for you… although I have lugged a C300 around for the past summer and it weighs 70+ pounds…with case and is a back breaker to lift out of the case on to the stand. So far, there are so many features that the s90xs has that I’m still learning about…. But I love exploring… and the more I learn… the more I find that they’ve gone that “extra mile” for the performer. Honestly… for $2300 bucks… it is an awesome keyboard… it looks great… it feels great to play… and most importantly… it sounds unbelievable. Understand, that there are no speakers with this keyboard… but I come from the “old school” that if it has speakers… it just one step away from being a Casio… sorry… I know that this is not the case today… but this can be a concern for some. So, bring your powered speakers… or a suitable amplifier. Not a big deal for most performers. I truly measures up to all the hype! It was worth the wait. pbrening Gering, NE Ease of Use: a breeze... compared to the MOTIF Quality: Very solid... well made. Value: it's a huge bang for your buck! Manufacturer Support: I purchased it through a local Yamaha Dealer... of which they have a great track record with Yamaha's support... if anything were to go wrong with it. That's the main reason I purchased it locally. The Wow Factor: I own it. Overall: Great Synth/Stage Piano... they have married the two with grace.
118 of 120 people (98.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Yamaha S90XS" submitted June 16, 2013

By bradley Chrysler in Blaine, WA
Musical Background: Keyboard Player for The Memphis Rain Band
Music Style: Rock, Jazz
Overall: For me it's all about the sounds. I went to the music store to listen to all the offerings and hands down the Yamaha sounds were the best. I don't much care for bells and whistles as I play the instrument. I am not interested in learning all the features, I just want to play. The S90XS is fast to learn and it's easy to access the sounds. The keyboard has the feel of a real piano and that is a big deal for me. I know it does a lot of technical stuff that I will most likely never access. The instrument is inspiring to play and the sounds are amazing. It does not look that great, not a lot of slick blinking lights and and flashy exterior but who cares. It's built like a tank and weighs about as much, which is it's only downfall if you ask me. It's greatest feature is the ability to assign four different patches per "performance" which is Yamaha's name for a voice made of multiple sounds. You can have separate patches for different parts of the song or you can combine the patches to create some monster sounds that can all be played at once or individually each with its own volume control. Why don't all keyboards have this? Once you get used to programming patches to the individual sliders you will be spoiled for life. I will never have another keyboard without this feature.

"Motif Verses the SP90SX" submitted January 16, 2010

By a customer from acc-q-mix.co.ik
Musical Background: Band Director
Sound: I've had a Motif on test from Yamaha for the past 3 months and used in in conjunction with Cubase. Although great sounds I didn't understand what it was trying to do or be as many of the features are duplicated within cubase! There is a steep learning curve with a Motif which tends to be frustrating when wanting to play and write. This led me down the road to the S90sx: All the sounds and more of the Motif and much more intuitive. Almost plug and play! I just cant understand the point of the Motif when for much less money you can get the SP90SX which is as good if not better in my opinion
77 of 86 people (89.53%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 15GT-YF3J. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976