When you call, mention priority code 156F-KDBX

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha S115V PA Cabinet

The Yamaha S115V Club V 500 watt loudspeaker gives you top-quality sound at an amazingly affordable price.

"WOAH!" submitted March 26, 2006

By a customer from adelphia.net
Musical Background: Moble DJ
Music Style: Everything
Sound: It has perfect sound anywhere you take it. But the only way the sound quality is going to suck is if you have a poor cd player or sound card on your computer. Feature: Good base responce and the horn is very loud Ease of Use: its easy to setup but it weighs 61 lbs Quality: yamaha hasnt let me down yet Value: its worth it. they sound great Manufacturer Support: they are great with support especially on how much stuff they make The Wow Factor: its prob the best addition to my setup Overall: Its deff worth every penny
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"These speakers transform mere mortals into gods of the stage (disclaimer) if your music sucks it will still suck but it will be" submitted June 1, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician/ Recording Engineer
Music Style: All Or Most anyway...
Sound: Crisp sound with my Motif ES powered by a Yamaha EMX-12 powered mixer.12 string guitar sounds magical - played multiple outdoor gigs with prestine clearity (per the audience) Have owned a few other brands that were quite notable in this industry but these flat out rock and can take whatever you've got to push through them. Feature: Love the Nutrik Speakon connections - Very Solid - made to last forever and ever amen. Ease of Use: Plug & Play baby Quality: Rock Solid - Value: I've owned several different brands of powered & non powered speakers and I've listened to brands costing much much more - These are much better to my ears. Manufacturer Support: The very best support hands down is NOT EVER needing support. If I need support the product is flawed or is in some way not intuitive enough for me to work with and who wants that when the pure objective is to be playing music NOT to be yappin to some guy about why the product isn't performing the way it should. Again - Not needing support is the best support. The Wow Factor: I own them. Overall: It will be quite some time before needing another set of these, my sons 8 & 9 years old will probably be able use these well into their future gigs.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome speakers!" submitted June 4, 2005

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: head of sound at my church, dj
Music Style: Rock and Christian Rock
Sound: this is probably the best speaker i've ever used or heard, i use 2 in my sanctuary and 2 for the portable system in the gym, best speaker i've ever used, very clear, takes tons of power, i shake the gym walls with these things. Feature: great, dual speakon and dual 1/4 in. connectors, very easy to daisy chain and i didn't need to buy more speaker cables then what I already bought Quality: great, very clear, rugged, don't throw it around tho, great speakers! Value: great, very cheap for the great sound Manufacturer Support: i haven't had any problems w/ this product so i have not called the support yet The Wow Factor: i want more of these speakers, they look and sound great Overall: best speaker i ever used or heard
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Sound" submitted November 30, 2012

Musical Background: Professional Keyboards/Singer
Music Style: Jazz, rock, pop, country, classical, sacred
Overall: These sound great. I'm an audiophile as well as a keyboard musician and I hate speakers that are loud but don't have good fidelity. These sound like good stereo speakers, nearly audiophile. Because my gig venues have gotten bigger I just bought 4 JBL SRX 725 and now use these turned around as monitors when I use my big rig (outdoor concerts), but still use them as primary for smaller rooms. They are pretty heavy for little speakers, but if you've got big magnets and good construction there isn't much you can do about it. Like everyboday else has said, the rubber feet suck and will be gone by the second gig. Stop at Home Depot and buy some big plastic half-moon feet that use 2-3 screws to attach to the cabinet. I'm not a big fan of the carpet, and not long ago, getting the speaker up off the speaker stand, the carpet rubbed hard on the inside of my arm and my skin did NOT react well. Got all red, and got some kind of chemical reaction to the carpet. 6 weeks later, I can still see the marks. I bought the 118 subwoofer to go with it, and have never needed it for live music. I suppose for DJ or hard rock you might, but for reception type live performance, I get plenty of low bass out of these for the amount of total volume I need. Recently played a fundraiser for 500 people in an acoustically dead room, and had PLENTY of volume headroom left in these things. Unless you are just balls to the wall loud, two of these are all you need. If you are really, really loud, get 4 of them, Yamaha 215's or JBL 725's for insanely loud.

"durability" submitted February 15, 2013

By Tommy Bryant in Dry Prong, LA
Overall
Musical Background: don't play any instruments just love working with music
Music Style: country,blues,old rock and roll
Overall: i got a pair of the s115v speakers useing a yamaha 312 amp doing karaoke in a little bar on saturday's, friends of mine band came to play on a friday it pouring down rain they called and ask if they could use my speakers instead of theirs being brough in back of pickup truck and getting wet they play very well they had sounds comming out of the S115V that was awsome we had no ideal that they would sound as good as they did,it is unreal at what these speakers will carry,we have been useing them a year now have no problems what so ever. unlike a set of peavy speakers 400wt 800 max he just useing a peavy8600 amp 600wt. per channel i got for a friends birthday it be a year in june the horn in one of them done went out he had to send it back in to be replaced.so i sticking to yamaha products

"You can't go wrong with these." submitted December 22, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: 26 years musician, a few years recording, a couple semi-pro performing years
Music Style: Acoustic jammish... think Jack Johnson/Ben Harper met Dave Matthews and got into a catfight...
Sound: Nice, fat, bottom end. Deep, very deep. Nice thump. Good mix with mids and highs - only small complaint with top end - very minor and it could be my powered mixer at fault, hence the 9, instead of a 10. Still, excellent response and sound for the money. Feature: 2 1/4" jacks is pretty standard. Angled body allows for use as a floor monitor. Hole in bottom for stand use. Nice rugged feel to them. Also, new built-in handles on this design replaces the crappy old strap-handle on their previous 15" monitor. Good move! Seriously. That old strap handle sucks. Quality: Fit and finish were fine, but one of the rubber feet had a slight issue. Also, I worry about the standard black carpeting on it, but so far it has held up. Take a point off for that one bad rubber foot. Value: Excellent bang for the buck! Seriously. People seem to love getting JBL's and Peavey's... yeah, well, don't ignore these speakers... they definitely sound good! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any problems so I don't really know The Wow Factor: Hey, for the money, it was the best speaker I could afford. I listened and compared and these simply had the best sound - fattest bottom end, nice and clean up top. For the music I play, that bass butt just has to be there and no 12" was going to give me enough. And it does the highs and mids very well. The updated look is an improvement over the previous model... and it looks like it simply means business. Overall: I will replace these when they blow out or when I get some sort of recording contract and can afford some PA stuff that costs 5x as much. Beyond that, I see no point - they simply work great! Especially for the cost. If stolen, I'd go hunt down the thief and do some damage in return, THEN go buy another set. You can get louder for less with a Peavey, but it won't sound as clean. You'll spend more for JBL's and won't notice a real difference... unless you go with the 12" JBl's... then you'll hear the fat Yam 15's THUMP beat up all on the JBL's... What do I like least about them? I have to carry them - like all other good 15's, these are heavy to tote.
16 of 18 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Want great sound, want results, go with this!" submitted August 27, 2006

Musical Background: Musician
Sound: The speakers are the most expensive in its category but I bought them based on reccomendations from other bands. I bought them, have owned them for about 6 months and they are great. You get what you pay for and I wouldn't get any thing other than these. I get a great sound, can hear vocals clear with 2 guitars playing through these speakers. My band plays hard rock and we get a great sound. I run a QSC 1400 power amp and a Mackie 1604 VLZ pro mixer with it and next I am buying the Yamaha stage monitors. I have heard another band use the peaveys and they got a real distorted sound, not real clear. JBL is probably the next best but I would definately go with the Yamaha Club Series. We crank it up and they work great. Feature: I run 2 guitars, lead vocals and backup vocals and it has sounded great. Never mic'd the drums because we dont have a drum kit but for everything we have used them for they have worked great. Ease of Use: It is easy to get great sound from these speakers. The only thing is it is a little heavy for one person to lift up high and put on a stand. Other than the weight they are great. Quality: I have had my pair for about 6 months give or take a little. They have been loaded, unloaded, stored in a barn and they still look new. They have carpet and it is easy to clean if you need. They look professional and I have no complaints. These are road ready and will last a long time. Like a said the only thing negative is the wieght but it is built to last. Value: My great grandma always said you get what you pay for.I believe I got the best. I reccomend these to any band. Manufacturer Support: I am giving a 10 because I have never had to call for support. Never had one problem, no upgrades repairs or problems. Like I said my pair works great and could not be happier. The Wow Factor: These speakers look nice, stay clean, dont show wear and tear and look pretty sexy to me on my stands. Overall: I expect to happy with these for a long time. When I am tired of them I will buy me another set of Yamahas speakers. I would not go with anything other than the Yamahas, I have had a great experience and hope to add to my set up soon with Yamaha Club Series stage monitors.

"A perfect speaker for an entertainer on the go that needs a great sounding and reliable product." submitted October 12, 2010

By a customer from rocketmail.com
Musical Background: Mobile Disc Jockey
Music Style: All
Sound: This Product has the punch for a high school dance but the elegant sound quality for a wedding reception. Feature: This speaker has two speak-on inputs and two 1/4" inputs. Everything that a passive speaker would need. Ease of Use: Select your personal taste of EQ on your mixer or other control surface and this product will deliver. Quality: This is a solid, durable product that is made to take a beating. This speaker delivers a lot of bass and the perfect amount of treble to create a sound that is unbeatable with other products. Value: This product is worth the money.

Yamaha S115V PA Cabinet Customer Review submitted June 24, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyinst, Singer/Songwriter.
Music Style: EZ Listening, progressive country
Sound: These speakers are awesome! When I put these speakers on the FREE Tripod speaker stands, they just blew me away! I've got them in front of a stage in a 3,000+ SF Clubhouse and they kick butt all the way to the back of the clubhouse! Feature: The free stands were a great feature in buying these speakers. Getting the speakers off the stage floor was a must and made all the difference in the world. The "throw" is phenomenal! Ease of Use: The manual is quite easy to interpret. Just plug them up and Jam! Quality: This is my first purchase of these series of speakers. They have been promoted well and backed with a great warranty. I'm sure I'll be buying more soon as my needs grow. Value: Good bang for the buck. Manufacturer Support: Yamaha Tech Support was really easy to contact and handled my questions well. I wanted to know if they would be there for me if I needed them. They were right there at my beckon call.

"Will fill your performance space with bright, clear, sparkling sound! Awesome!!" submitted June 10, 2004

By a customer from honeywell.com
Music Style: Jazz, Fusion, Chamber
Sound: I was fortunate enough to buy two used Yamaha Club V 15s from a local musician in town who no longer had use for the cabinets. I bought them sound-unseen. I brought them home and hooked them up to a Peavey 1500 amp - only running 300w per side. I turned the amp up 1/3 and my mixer to about 2 - and literally blew the neighborhood away. Crisp, clear sparkling sound. Handles the power no problem. Top notch cabinets. Quality: These things are built like tanks and are heavy. Don't let that be a deterrent though. Top quality sound.

"This is a very good sound. I will be buying 2 more!" submitted November 19, 2007

Musical Background: D.J
Music Style: Oldies and Top 40 & R&B, Hip - Hop
Sound: The sound is awesome. I ordered 2 speakers and when I did a gig with over 250 people, I was told that it was too loud and to turn it down. The sound is crisp and clear I will be ordering 2 more for a capicity of 350 patrons. Feature: The speakers come with heavy duty speaker stands which allows the sound to carry over a large room. Ease of Use: This was an eacy product to use. Just be careful when tying into another speaker.

"New PA Speakers" submitted May 28, 2014

By Cole T in Atlanta, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I am a 20 year old singer songwriter and have been playing professionally for 3 years.
Music Style: Adult contemporary and classic rock
Overall: This has been a great purchase and a very needed replacement of old PA speakers. They have a rich response which is what we needed. High and lows are full and mid-range is balanced. They are a little heavy but that is to be expected. Simply put, these speakers are perfect for live small space or outdoors. Very manageable at low volumes.

"Go Out and buy these speakers they will not dissapoint. Soind so good can be actually used as Hi-Fi speakers as well." submitted July 14, 2006

Music Style: All sorts
Sound: Excellent sound from these boxes. I actually own the C115v which are exactly the same but without the carpet. Excellent bottom end crystal Highs what more could you ask for. I have mated them with the Yamaha P5000s amplifier which pumps out 500w rms per side and they thump. Feature: Beautiful sound everything sounds crystal clear, no ear fatigue. Ease of Use: Excellent manual support fom yamaha for info on these products and very easy to set up. Quality: Excellent build quality can't complain they look very sexy indeed and nicely put together fantastic quality control. Value: fantasic value you need to spend double in order to beat these babies. Manufacturer Support: No problems whatso ever very pleased with customer service. The Wow Factor: Deadly! Overall: For a very long long time. Thinking of buying a second pair as spairs just in case this model ceases.

"BUY THEM!!! SEXY SOUND AND LOOKS!" submitted July 20, 2010

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Top 40/House
Sound: Incredible Sound! Hands down the best speaker for the price. Ive owned Thumps and SRMs and these speakers kill both. Seriously, BUY THESE!!! Ease of Use: Easy as cake just plug and play! Quality: DURABLE and built well The Wow Factor: GET IT!!!!! ITS SEXY!!!! THEY LOOK BOSS Overall: They look Boss. and they sound Boss. legit speakers. get them

"Buy now, replace...???? Haven't had to go there." submitted February 1, 2008

Musical Background: Active musician, DJ ... music lover
Music Style: All types (rock, jazz, classical, R&B)...play pop and other music for crowds
Sound: Sound quality is great. I've traveled from Asia, to Europe, and the East Coast gig'ng with these speakers. I've paired the speakers up with a Yamaha amp (QSC Back Up) and not had problems. I've by-passed effects and gone straight from the amp-mixer into the speakers and still had great sound. Played in all weather conditions, from cold to hot, inside to outside, dry to humid and the speakers keep pumping out the songs. Ease of Use: No instructions or degree required. Plug, play...what more do you have to say? Quality: The carpeting and cabinets have held up very well to many moves around the world. In some of the finest hotels, shady bars, off and on ships. The rubber feet did fall apart on one of the speakers, an easy replace and fix and not worthy of taking points away. Value: These speakers have paid for themselves many times over. More than I can say about many stock options out there today. Manufacturer Support: Never had to call. I've had my speakers for over five years. The Wow Factor: No real big "sex appeal" Down to earth speakers that have never let me down in some fairly harsh conditions. If you are not physically inclined, humping these bad boys will help tone your bod... If you are looking for light high-tech speaker cabinets, you might want look elsewhere. At least make sure you take a look (and pick'em up a few time) at these in a local shop before ordering. If you are a mobile entertainer, think about having to lug your gear up and down a few flights of stairs (or pass up any gig in which need to go up or down stairs). Overall: These spaakers have been great. The carpeting looks just as good as when I first purchased them. I replaced a couple of the rubber feet (cost me a buck and some change). Paint has worn on some of the metal parts but that is to be expected with all the moving I've done. All in all, they've taken better care of me in provding dependable, quality sound.

"Rugged but hard to refine" submitted December 1, 2013

By Daniel W in Poughkeepsie, NY
Overall
Musical Background: wind/marching band, live sound, audio engineering
Music Style: classical, rock, folk, country, worship
Sound: These speakers do not respond flat, by any means, but EQ'd properly they are not horrible. It's difficult to find an appropriate crossover when paired with a subwoofer. Yamaha claims the response of the tweeters tops off at 16kHz; I find that extremely generous. Anything above 10kHz requires attention and sounds weak when the EQ is flat. Feature: Everything it should have, nothing it shouldn't. They can be daisy-chained, though I've only ever done it with similar Yamaha models, not this exact speaker. Ease of Use: Very simple to get sound out of, but very difficult to get good sound out of. Keep in mind they weigh 61 pounds, a trade-off for their durability. Quality: These have survived several years of outdoor gigs, rehearsals, transport by truck each weekend, the occasional rain or snow shower, sun exposure, and temperatures from 20 to 100 degrees F, conservatively. Fantastic durability, likely thanks to their weight. Value: Considering their durability, they are worth having around if you are willing to be very intimate with your equalizer or willing to accept poor-sounding monitors. Anybody able to afford an equalizer with enough frequency bands to get these speakers to sound good can easily afford speakers with a flatter response, close to this price range. Manufacturer Support: Not familiar The Wow Factor: Wow, they are durable. Wow, they are tough, but not impossible, to make decent sounds with. Overall: I have mixed feelings about using these for anything that an audience has to hear. As monitors, EQ'd properly, they are acceptable, and they can go through a fair deal of transport unscathed, but I can't say much else in their favor.

"Kick-butt speaker..." submitted October 15, 2006

By a customer from baysidecentral.com
Musical Background: DJ and Youth Pastor
Music Style: Everything...
Sound: This is one of the best sounding speakers I have ever used. Ease of Use: Hook up a board and an amp and you're good to go. Quality: Very tough! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to. The Wow Factor: It's a speaker...

"Awesome Cab!" submitted December 15, 2006

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Country/Folk
Sound: Awesome! You can turn this baby up until you feel it in your bones and it's still crystal clear. Sounds mega beautiful with my acoustic guitar and vocals. I love this cab!!! Feature: This cab has everything you need - pole mount, duel-in cable connectors, sturdy housing, strong handles, carpet cover, and most of all ,"Great Sound!" Ease of Use: Only takes seconds to set-up. Quality: I'm very satisfied with this product and recommend this to anyone looking for a great cab. Value: Every Yam product I buy, is rich in quality. Manufacturer Support: These guy's are great! The Wow Factor: This cab is very pleasing to look at. Overall: For the money, I couldn't want more!

"YOUR GOING TO VERY HAPPY WITH THESE SPEAKERS" submitted March 10, 2008

By a customer from HOTMAIL.COM
Musical Background: DJ FOR OVER 16 YRS
Music Style: R&B OLD SCHOOL AND NEW
Sound: YOUR GOING TO LOVE THE SOUND, I PLAN ON ORDERING 2 MORE. Feature: EVERY THING BUILD IN NOTHING TO DO BUT PLUG IN AND GO. Ease of Use: PLUG AND GO. Quality: WELL MADE WITH A WARRENTY YOU'LL NEVER NEED. Value: I WOULD HAVE PAID MORE. Manufacturer Support: DONT WORRY BE VERY HAPPY WITH THE BEST I'VE EVER PAID FOR. Overall: THEY WILL AT LAST ME.

"Harsh, but if you're a good engineer you can make them useable" submitted August 14, 2013

By a customer from volja.net
Musical Background: I'm a professional sound engineer
Sound: They are extremely harsh in the 5 kHz range. The good thing is that it's possible to make them sound OK with an extensive use of the master EQ, but having to pull 5 kHz down by 12 dB is really extreme. They don't like extreme bass levels, but when used with sub(s), that's not a problem if the crossover is set high enough, although I'd usually prefer to have the crossover set at a bit lower frequency than what seems to be optimal for the eficiency of those speakers. Feature: You can mont them on a stand and they have handles, but they have no rigging points, so flying them is very difficult. Input connectors are wired in parallel, so that chaining two together is easy. Ease of Use: Well it's easy to connect them to the amplifier, but you really have to know how to use the EQ, because they aren't useable withot EQ-ing. Quality: For the price it's OK, I guess. Value: I've heard better speakers in this price range, but there are also more expensive speakers which sound better by default, but Yamahas beat them when EQ-ed. Manufacturer Support: I never had to, so I don't know. Overall: Those speakers sound horrible, but respond to the EQ quite well. If you want to have a decent sound, you need a 30/31-band EQ on the master and know how to use it.

"If you like it loud and clear and rock the place you need these because these will do it for you." submitted March 16, 2011

By a customer from yahoo,com
Music Style: Country, Rock
Sound: I use a Yamaha EMX512SC Powered Mixer Amp. total of 1000 Watts. And I can tell you that these are the best set of Speakers I Ever had on my Amp. My Brother was over today when I playing them he look at me and said you don't need them other 4 Speakers hell those sound better then all of the other's togather. IF YOU LIKE TO ROCK THE PLACE THESE WILL DO IT WITH CRYSTEL CLEAR SOUND AND BASS WITH A GOOD AMP. ON ALL MUSIC Feature: Came with the stands. that was nice. Ease of Use: The sound is great the product is very good how much better do you need it. Quality: The product is made very well. I think these will last for a lot of years to come. These will hold up as long as nothing happens on the road. You would have to be real hard on them to brake them. Value: For the sound of them and the way there made that very good. Manufacturer Support: They are good to deal with and was easy to reach and friendly to talk to. I hope to never need service. The Wow Factor: They did very well on these. Overall: I don't think I will be look for any more any time soon. I have a Yamaha AMP. and it drove my other speakers to hard and I did not like that so I seen the Yamaha Speakers I decided I would match them and that works excellent.

"If you like to be loud these will do it for you and very clear with any kind of music people will not believe how good they soun" submitted April 5, 2011

By a customer from yahoo,com
Music Style: Rock,Country,Jass,Atlernative,Drum and Bass
Sound: These sounds real good and very clear I have always liked it loud and these are loud and clear at the same time, there is one thing I will tell you is that you will not sit in front of these very long because they are real loud, I finally found a system that works the way I like it. Feature: I use these with a Yamaha Powered Mixer EMX512SC,Computer and a DJ CD player and that works very well. Ease of Use: All music sounds good on these no matter what you play with a good amp. Quality: This product is made to last and I don't think I will need any more any time soon. The only thing is they will give you a work out moving them around. Value: Yes it is worth the money. Manufacturer Support: The only deals is buying my products and they are easy to reach and I made them the only place that I will get my electronics from. I've ordered 5 items and everything has been very good and the people have been nice as well. The Wow Factor: Yes they look very good. Overall: I am 51 and I think these will out last me now. I bought these to match with my amp.

"Great set of speakers. You will not be dissappointed" submitted January 25, 2010

By a customer from ultrasounddiscjockeys.com
Musical Background: DJ, KJ, VJ
Music Style: Top 40, Country, Rock, Hip Hop, Techno, Trance, House
Sound: I just recently purchased another set of these great speakers. I bought my first set of yamaha s115v about 8 years ago and they are still going strong 5 nights a week. The sound is amazing and can handle tons of power. I use in most appplications without a subwoofer and these things pound. Do yourself a favor and purchase a set of these. You will not be disappointed. Feature: has everything you need Ease of Use: plug n play Quality: Built to last. Value: Worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: never had to use

"Big Sound in a small package" submitted April 9, 2008

By a customer from georgian.edu
Musical Background: DJ
Quality: Put better quality rubber feet on the bottom and Yamaha has a perfect 10. Overall: Sounds great whether you are a DJ, musician or vocalist. Not too heavy (61 lbs) but not too light either. Can handle large banquet halls easily. Great bass response, midrange & highs are crystal clear and not to shrill.

"sound" submitted April 25, 2012

By Tommy Bryant in Dry Prong, LA
Overall
Musical Background: I don't play just promote and give support to ones who do play that are good,
Music Style: Mostly country,Blues, old school country,Christian ,just no rap
Overall: This loudspeaker puts the sound out the way sound should be broadcasted all pitches of sound can be heard and clear ,i am runnig a Yamaha 312 mixer amp doing karoake playing all type of music in a local bar on saturdy nights on friday there is a live band last weekend the band had a yamaha 512 mixer amp with same loudspeakers and the setup was fantastic . The main reaon i am buying Yamaha products is because of this young man Shawn Christian to promote him i want the best there is to work with and zZounds has the best prices and coustomer suport and help i have found anywhere ,you can here Shawn sing on you tube under the name shawnchristian99 ,you can understand why i chooseing Yamaha products from zZounds

When you call, mention priority code 156F-KDBX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976