When you call, mention priority code 1618-W9QP

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha P5000S Power Amp

Juice up your audio with this Yamaha stereo amp. It embraces EEEngine technology that allows you to pump out immense power without sacrificing sound quality.

"WONDERFUL AMP" submitted March 11, 2005

Musical Background: super star producer
Music Style: electronic
Sound: sounds great Feature: love the sweep able filters Quality: as good if not better than QSC PLX amps Value: great price compared to Crown and QSC Manufacturer Support: have not needed any The Wow Factor: this amp is a must Overall: the p5000s rocks hard, stays cool under a bridge 4 ohm load, and sounds great.
29 of 32 people (90.63%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Don't breathe on this amp wrong or it will blow" submitted July 26, 2013

By Joe Tucker in Tallahassee, FL
Musical Background: Pro-Audio
Overall: I purchased this amp nine months ago and it operated beautifully for about a month. One month after purchasing this amp for $600 i turned the power switch on and it made a popping sound. After that, the amp had a bad 60hz hum on one channel. I took it in for warranty repair and they replaced several components that had blown. I explained exactly how I had it hooked up and how I was using it and the technician at the Yamaha authorized repair shop said I was doing every thing properly and that it was -just one of those things-. Nine months later after flawless operation the very same thing happened again. I powered it on, heard the pop and the hum once again. This time I called the repair dealer and he said I should contact Yamaha directly and ask for a replacement or refund. I did call Yamaha, their Buena Park, California pro audio group. I spoke with Ed and explained to him exactly what had transpired. Ed proceeded to treat me like an idiot claiming first that I didn't hook it up right and then I explained the hook up to which he replied -that was perfectly fine-. next it was something wrong with my equipment to which I explained I was using the same equipment on several other amps with no issue and he said yes that seems fine. In the end, Ed explained how robust this amp was and that Yamaha stands behind their products and that I should just go ahead and take it in once again to get the same repair and that with a three year warranty I could repeat this action of failed amp on power up/repair as many times as needed. in summary, Yamaha does not stand behind their products and a pro audio piece of equipment that blows twice in nine months is either a lemon or a poor design. Either way Yamaha doesn't stand behind their products and I prefer not to take this amp in for repair every six months. I will toss it, chalk it up as a bad investment and go buy a solid amp from a reputable company.

When you call, mention priority code 1618-W9QP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976