When you call, mention priority code 155H-L57R

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha P155 Piano

Carry a 9-foot Yamaha CPIII concert grand with you! With a fully weighted, graded 88-key hammer-action keybed, the P155 sounds and feels like the real deal.

"Solid instrument, stellar sound." submitted February 16, 2011

Musical Background: Piano teacher, college prof
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, easy listening, pop
Sound: I am a snob when it comes to electronic piano sounds, and I have honestly never heard better than the P155. I teach and perform, and this is the first digital piano I have actually recommended to parents looking for electronic options. The touch is fantastic, and it is a joy to play. Feature: For the price range, I am impressed with the features. Do I wish it had a rhythm bank? Yes. Do I wish there were more sounds? Yes. But the sounds it has are high quality... you can actually hear the pipes open on the church organ. The on-board single-track recorder will only hold 3 songs. There is a usb drive input that allows you to record midi and take it to your computer to edit, play, whatever, but there is a specific list of compatible drives. None of the ones I already own work with it, so I can't speak to the use of that feature. Ease of Use: It is playable right out of the box. I had to read the manual to discover some "hidden" sounds (there are multiple sounds within the strings menu, including percussion). There are some features I have not explored, such as alternative tunings, but the manual does a pretty good job of explaining them. The organ sound uses the sustain pedal as a decrescendo trigger. To play the organ you have to actually finger like an organist...it's a different sort of process. Quality: It's a beautiful instrument, sturdy, well-made. My only issue with it is the weight. It is heavy and cumbersome. I bought the Gator case for it, and I feel secure moving it. It's just a hand full. Value: It's an excellent value. It would have been nice to know about the usb compatibility issue beforehand, because it means another expense to be able to use that feature. I still say somebody made a mistake pricing this thing, because I LOVE it. It should cost more for the quality of it, in my opinion, and I am HARD to please. Manufacturer Support: I have had no issues in 2.5 years. The Wow Factor: It is not a design star, but it is pretty. I have the black/mahogany version., and it fits my needs without being obtrusive. I've had touch screen instruments before that were very distracting. This piano has an attractive, simple design. Overall: I will not search until this one dies. I am completely satisfied with it.

"Buy it!" submitted April 4, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Music Style: Classical, Jazz
Sound: I hadn't played the piano since I was a child and wanted to take it up again. I bought the Yamaha P155 because its sound and touch were supposed to be like a real grand piano. I have not been disappointed. I enjoy playing it every day. I'm very happy with my decision. Feature: I love the 50 prerecorded songs that are included. You an listen to them one at a time--with one hand only if you wish so that you can practice the other. Or, you can play them all, sequentially or randomly, so that you have a piano concert in your own home. This alone was worth the price of the piano. It's incredible. Ease of Use: The controls are easy and the manual explains everything well. Quality: This is a well-made, quality instrument. Value: It's worth every penny paid. The Wow Factor: I bought the silver with cherry to match my office desk and imac, and I got the matching silver stand from another vendor because zzounds didn't have it. Got the Roc-n-Soc chair to go with it, which looks great with it and is so so comfortable.The ensemble looks fantastic in my office, and I play it all the time because of its convenient location. Overall: I expect to be enjoying this Yamaha for many years to come.
46 of 48 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Work of Art" submitted December 8, 2012

By Michael Rivard in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: doing lessons for guitar , piano
Overall: The Mahogany P155 on a med. size heavy duty On-Stage WS8540 T-stand is a work of modern art. This is my second P155, shopped all around a few months for something better and there is nothing. Used a top of the line midi controller for a while, it was okay but when the Yamaha was unboxed I was a little shocked at the deluxe key action, could not believe it. I swear they updated the wav rom or something else because the CFIIIS concert grand samples sound better than before. I like the P155 for the onboard speakers, they are perfection and totally noise free.

"Beautiful Sound, Beautiful Sight" submitted September 16, 2013

By Sherri M in Oakridge, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Studied music in college, jam at home and with groups sometimes.
Music Style: Love it all.
Overall: This is a lovely instrument, and one that will be with me for a long time to come. I bought the silver one with the cherry "stained" top, and it is just what I'd hoped it would be, a beautiful addition to my home visually and of course, the sound is gorgeous too! I didn't want a lot of "stuff", just a solid digital piano with full 88 keys, and some connectivity. It was on sale, and I loved the "play as you pay" payments that Zzounds offers. It is easy to use, and I tried to give it 5 stars across the board, but my pointer finger missed the right half of the star in a couple of cases. It's sweet!

"Sounds and feels like a grand." submitted September 3, 2011

Musical Background: Active musician, Teacher
Music Style: pop, country, contemporary Christian
Sound: I hate hate hate digital pianos. I even hate most of the Yamaha electrics I have ever touched, but for some reason, I bought this piano sight unseen. It is the best purchase I have ever made. It sounds like a full acoustic... rich sounds with incredible depth throughout the range of the instrument. On the organ setting you can actually hear the pipes open. Incredible, and I am extremely hard to please. Feature: The only accessory that came with it was the power cord. I added a pedal and a Gator case. The sound bank is good... there are a few sounds "hidden" in the strings menu that I had to read the manual to discover. I have yet to use the "function" button to do anything other than simple transposition. I somehow managed to accidentally change the tuning system, which made the piano a bit of a honky tonk. Thankfully, the manual helped me fix it. The recording function is very useful, but it only holds 3 songs without the usb. The placement of the record button makes it easy to record over the first song recorded. I have had piano students bump it and erase 4 really good recordings. Frustrating. A rhythm bank would be a wonderful addition. It does have a metronome... a really. loud. metronome. Of course, loud is what you want if you're going to use one. The least useful feature is the usb port. It doesn't connect to the computer: it's a jump drive port for storing midi files, which you can then move wherever you want. This would be wonderful if any of the 8 or so jump drives I already own were supported, but alas, they are not. There's a list on the website, but it takes time to sort and search, so I still can't use that feature. Ease of Use: Click of a button. Couldn't be easier. The hidden sounds are not labeled, though, so you have to know what number equals what sound. The tiny screen is limited to 3 characters. There is a learning curve with the function key, and honestly, I haven't tried to master it. The manual is thick, but fairly easy to read. I haven't tried to modify anything for fear I wouldn't be able to restore the original sounds. I really need to read that manual. I have this piano as the master in a midi setup with an ancient Kurzweil Mark 10 and a Korg O1WFD, and it works wonderfully. One note: the built-in speakers are top notch, but if you are playing in a crowded room, you will want an amp. Quality: Looks beautiful, seems to be really well-made. The music stand that fits into the top of the piano is on a metal frame, so it's sturdy. I wish the plexiglass were about an inch taller, but that's not a quality issue. I have had the P155 for over two years now, and other than a little dust, it looks fresh out of the box. I've taken it to play weddings and receptions and such, it has held up well. I wouldn't take it out without a case, so I can't speak to just throwing it in the back seat. Value: Should this be a little cheaper for the features? No doubt a couple hundred less would make it a better value, but there's a lot to be said for the pleasure this thing has brought me. For the sound alone, it was worth every penny. I've spent a career trying to find a keyboard that could match an acoustic tone. This one does it. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to call. The 10 is for good luck, just in case I do. The Wow Factor: I have the mahogany finish, which is gorgeous. It has clean lines, is sleek and understated. I was drawn to it before I bought it, and have to keep reminding myself that I don't need two. Overall: I won't be buying another piano until this one dies, and I hope the model is still available when it does. If the opportunity arose, I might add a sound bank, but I am quite happy with it as is. I tried many, many keyboards and digital pianos in churches and meeting halls, and honestly despaired of finding what I wanted. It was luck... or the hand of God... that had me buy this, and it is the only digital piano I have ever recommended to others.
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Yamaha p155 digital piano" submitted December 3, 2013

By Ruby Hamilton in Tupelo, MS
Overall
Musical Background: I played for 3 years about 30 years ago and recently in the last 9 months started back it
Music Style: Christian
Overall: The sound quality is great. I enjoy playing the P155. Would be nice if it had drum beats. It is a quality instrument well made. I cannot speak about the recording feature. I am still learning how to use it. The 17 voices are realistic.

"Yamaha P155" submitted October 17, 2012

By Vicki P in Bono, AR
Musical Background: Been playing 50 years. Play at church and jam at home
Music Style: Christian
Overall: Awesome! i am thrilled with this keyboard. zZounds is remarkable to work with. Paid for on Thursday and it was sitting on my doorstep Monday morning!

"A Classic" submitted December 27, 2012

By Michael R in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: Doing lessons forever
Overall: Great sounding piano, the key action is amazing. Shopped around for all the other brands and came back to the P155, it's the second time I bought one. Looks excellent on top of a OnStage med. T stand.

"Solid digital piano" submitted January 25, 2010

By a customer from wildblue.net
Music Style: all
Sound: always room for improvement, no matter the brand and model Feature: always room for improvement, no matter the brand and model Ease of Use: hobbyist or active musician will appreciate the engineering Quality: very well done-Yamaha Value: paid less than advertized price Manufacturer Support: Yamaha and zzounds work with you The Wow Factor: Yamaha reputation Overall: Well done Yamaha
21 of 55 people (38.18%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 155H-L57R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976