When you call, mention priority code 1751-C6J2

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha NP11 Digital Piano

Get realistic Yamaha piano sound for a nice price! Weighing under 10 pounds, this portable keyboard is a great practice instrument for beginner pianists.

"Amazing!" submitted February 16, 2012

By Ray R in Connersville, IN
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music since 1966. I play acoustic guitar and keyboard. I have played professionally, but jam at home now.
Music Style: Americana Rock Country Folk
Overall: I'm by no means a pianist, but I wanted something with the real sound of a piano without all the useless sounds, drums, effects etc. I wanted a real piano feel and this thing is absolutely amazing for the price. It has just enough effects, (reverb) and two voices for each of the instruments on it to keep you interested. The metronome is great for beginners and plenty of demo songs to train your ear. I was skeptical at first but I'm thrilled with this, and may even learn a thing or two now! Be sure to order the PA130 power adapter. Once you start playing this, you can't quit!

"Pretty good for the price" submitted March 5, 2012

Overall
Overall: OK so this is a pretty good keyboard, I guess. I've been playing it almost every day, for a few hours (or sometimes all day long on a saturday) for the 2 months I've had it so far. It works, and I'm learning a lot, and it serves its purpose -- that is, to make a piano sound while I learn the blues.The sounds: The grand piano sound sounds like a piano. It's great. The rest of the sounds all sound like every other cheesy keyboard I've ever heard... a harpsichord, an electric piano, etc. I don't use any of them.I love how easy it is to use. Hit the power button and start playing. No menus, no fiddling. That's exactly what I wanted and it delivers.You can't change the pitch +/- one octave like the one I had before this could, which sucks. You can shift by semitones +/- 6 semitones (pretty sure), so you can fake-play in any key by playing the key you know. But sometimes I want the bass to go down an extra octave so I can play in B flat (for instance) and still have 2 octaves of bass. My biggest problem is that some of the keys kinda suck. I say some because most of them seem to be fine. There's a few (like my lowest E flat) that just sometimes doesn't make a sound when I press it. Usually when I'm playing soft-and-sweetly and don't press it hard enough... but just that one key. The middle C makes a clicking noise when I press it that the rest of the keys don't make. And lately (sometimes) it seems to make a louder sound than the rest of the keys with the same pressure. I'm not sure if I got a busted unit or if it's just not made with that high quality.It does have its own speakers, but at 2 watts each, they obviously sound pretty tinny. I have mine plugged into my main living-room speakers via the quarter inch headphone output and it sounds great when you can hear the full sound.I do love how light it is though, and the fact that it can be run on batteries. I haven't tested that out yet but that's definitely a big plus. I'm thinking about taking to acoustic-style jam sessions around a campfire or in a festival parking lot, and it's about the only keyboard I could think of doing that with. I'm not too worried about the problems with the keys mentioned above. When I'm jamming out I barely notice it.

"the yamaha np-11 piagerro is the best 61 key low priced portable piano ever designed ." submitted September 21, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: piano enthusiast
Music Style: classical solo piano
Sound: the np11 is the best sounding self amplified small 61 key piano ever made . the np11 is limited because it is not programmable but for $149 it is a great sample set of sounds . it is a perfect desktop computer controller because it has a usb type midi out to your computer and does not have unnecessary buttons sliders and knobs which some 61 key compact midi controllers possess . it is a simplified bedroom midi controller with great built in sounds . plus you can play the np11 anywhere because it has its own speakers which can be run with batteries . use this little keyboard with or without a computer . Feature: the np11 is simple . and it is reliable . you can hook it up to a computer to play synthesizer sounds or just use the very high quality on board sound set . plus it is completely portable with battery operation built in speakers and light weight portability . the keys are much more responsive than other inexpensive 61 key portable pianos . the np11 uses block piano style keys - not organ style . this is a big plus . Ease of Use: the np11 piano is simple and intuitive to use . all operations are easy to understand . Quality: the np11 is made by yamaha . they have been designing portable pianos longer than anyone on the planet . this is an instrument backed by the most reliable piano company in the world . Value: for the price the np11 is the best 61 key piano on the market anywhere in the world . Manufacturer Support: yamaha is the best portable electronic instrument maker in the music business . their product support is the best available anywhere . The Wow Factor: the np11 is mercifully simple . for piano players who hate other keyboards with dozens of useless features knobs sliders etc. the np11 is desirable because it does not have useless features which drive up the price and become obsolete in two years . Overall: i will keep the np11 forever . the only way it could be improved is with a newer more extensive sound sample chip . so when the np11 2 comes out i might get the update .
55 of 59 people (93.22%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1751-C6J2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976