When you call, mention priority code 207-NFXM

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha MOXF8 Keyboard

Yamaha packed the 88-key MOXF8 with world-class MOTIF XF sounds and effects. And with a flash board slot, and MIDI and audio over USB, it's fully expandable.

"Great Synth" submitted November 3, 2014

By Josh S in Huntsville, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Long time piano/keyboard player.
Music Style: Jazz, blues, rock, electronic. I don't discriminate. But jazz pays the bills.
Overall: Quality stock bank of voices, responsive weighted keys, very intuitive to use, and lightweight to boot. It's a nice addition to either the home studio or your stage setup.

"Yamaha MOXF8 " submitted June 12, 2014

By George W in Douglasville, GA
Musical Background: playing 30+yrs
Overall: Love it..!!! Great keyboard with awesome pianos sounds... Just started using sequencer, very user friendly... Tons of great sounds on board ....

"An affordable Motif" submitted May 23, 2016

By Seth Lowman
Overall
Musical Background: A pianist for 14 years, and a keyboardist for 11. I perform locally, and arrange music
Music Style: Classically Trained, Jazz pianist and keyboardist.
Sound: The Yamaha MOXF8 sounds better than any other workstation in its price-range. Both the CFIIIS Concert Grand and the Natural Grand S6 are beautiful piano samples, though I find myself using the S6 more than the CFIIIS. Both pianos feature soundboard resonance, which is not available on most keyboards, but is essential if you want to play solo Jazz or Classical pieces. It even features Key-off samples. Turn off the effects on the S6, and play the lower notes. It gives you that harmonic ring like that of a real piano. The Rhodes are great as well, (no honky samples, buzz-saw samples, or lack of bark). Even the guitars are realistic enough to fool anybody into thinking you were playing a real guitar; that is, if you play them just right. All the other sounds are high-quality too, (Synths, drums, organs, basses, etc.) In fact, if you want a board with great sounds in all categories, this is the board for you. One thing to note, however, is that if you play in a band, you'll have to E Q your sounds to get them to cut through the mix. Yamaha workstations tend to have a warmer and thicker sound, so if you want that bright, edgy sound you need in a band environment, you'll need to do some tweaking. Maybe add some highs and take down the lows and mids just a bit. This doesn't really bother me, however, since I like tweaking my sounds anyway. Feature: There are plenty of features on board for any style of music. One thing I really like is the way you can change the release-time on the pianos the push of the assignable-2 function button. Many keyboards have the pianos set to linger after you release the key, but real pianos typically don't do that. The function button changes the release-time so it doesn't linger, and so sounds more like a real piano. Also, it has a built-in Midi-audio interface that can be used via a single USB cable. This way, you can have your computer, your MOXF8, and another synth all going into one output, (Your MOXF). I like this feature especially because it allows me to have everything wired to one head-set when I'm arranging or composing. Best of all, you can get a flash board for loading third-party sounds like those found on the Yamaha Synth website, KSounds, and others. Ease of Use: The front panel is fairly easy to understand, once you know what the buttons, knobs, sliders, and wheels do. However, I've found myself using the forums instead of the manual, as The manual is rather a daunting thing to read. It would definitely be easier if they had an HTML manual instead of a PDF file. Anyway, the modes are simple enough to get around. However, for a blind user like me, navigating menus is rather difficult, since I can't easily read the screen. I would love to see Yamaha come out with a voice-over for there workstations, much like Apple has done for the IPhone. Quality: It seems to be well built. It is plastic, but that's nice because I won't hurt myself taking it to the gig. One thing to note, however, is when putting it into a case, you'll want to make sure the straps that hold it in do not stretch across any of the knobs or sliders. This puts stress on these controlers, and in time, could cause them to break. Value: As stated before, the Yamaha MOXF8 sounds better than any Korg , Roland, or other workstation in its price-range. The Roland FA08 disappoints in the Piano catagory,especially since there is no soundboard resonance, and didn't quite pass in the guitar catagory either. The Korg Krome was stupid. The pianos had no soundboard resonance, the rhodes were buzz-saws when you played the louder samples, the strings sounded synthetic, and the guitars reminded me of sound font guitars, (tinny and synthetic). Like I said, The MOXF8 is an all-around great-sounding board, at half the price of its bigger brother, the Motif XF, but with all of the sounds from the Motif XF. Manufacturer Support: I have been on the Yamaha Synth website forums several times. A Yamaha rep, under the alius Bad Mister, usually is the one to answer your questions. The Wow Factor: It looks professional, and gives my workspace more of a studio-look. it looks like it means business, and to top it off, my PA speakers fit nicely underneath. Overall: I would buy another one, should something happen to this one. Note! If my rating is bad, please ignore it. I am blind, and could not see the little rating images, so I don't know if i put 10 stars or 1 for each category.

"Yamaha does it again" submitted March 25, 2015

By Dave Morgan in Fort Smith, AR
Musical Background: Playing piano and keyboards for 37 years
Music Style: Mostly pop and classical with some rock, country and fun mixed in.
Overall: I've had my MOXF8 for about three days now and I am very happy with it. I watched lots of video reviews of this product and there were some concerns about the weighted action keyboard, the quality of the piano sounds, and the overall quality. First, I am a piano player at heart so a weighted action keyboard was a necessity. The action of the MOXF8 is very good. The keys have a nice feel and the weight is almost perfect for my playing style. Second, the piano sounds are high quality with none of the wah wah during the decay that's often associated with looped samples. From the richness of the Full Concert Grand to the nice layered Ballad piano, I'm very pleased with the piano section. Finally, the overall quality. The MOXF8 is a great looking product with a matte finish metal body and what appear to be wood veneer end caps. The buttons have a nice tactile feel and all of the sliders and switches, including the rotary selection wheel, slide and click with no unnecessary noise. My only complaint about this keyboard is the non-touch smallish display. However, once I start playing, I seem to get involved with the great sounds and the display doesn't seem like such a concern. The best thing about the MOXF8 is the inspiration I have felt while playing it. I have discovered chords for songs I have been trying to figure out for over 30 years. They seem to have come easily with this instrument. I play by ear so some of the transition chords aren't always easy to figure out. They have been with the MOXF8. One last thing, I purchased this used keyboard as "blemished", yet I haven't been able to find one. Another thumbs up.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Keyboard, Great Experience" submitted February 10, 2016

By Wayne S in Hazel Crest, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Home studio enthusiast. Keyboardist.
Music Style: Jazz, soft rock, R&B
Overall: I'm an ecstatic new owner of a Yamaha MOXF8 keyboard! The product is excellent --it completely lives up to all of my expectations for music production. Seemingly unlimited voices, a ton of 'performances' that help get the creative juices flowing, and perfect integration with Cubase, and even with my DAW of choice: Presonus Studio One. I could not be happier. I also love the speed and efficiency of the Zzounds ordering process, and the flexible payment terms. I've made a couple of purchases from them now, and I will definitely continue to use them to complete my aspirations to build 'my Ultimate Home Studio'.

"MOXF 8" submitted July 22, 2015

By Butch Dixon in Attalla, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician for 25 years.
Music Style: Country and rock.
Overall: This is a great product for stage and studio. ZZOUNDS made it very easy to buy with their pay as you play plan. I recommend the MOXF 8 and ZZOUNDS as a 1st stop shop for all musical supplies.

"Great Keyboard and the best choice in terms of the price/deliverables combination" submitted January 13, 2016

By Andrew Jeffrey
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for piano for 12 years, and guitar for 23 years.
Music Style: Christian, Bossa-Nova.
Overall: I ordered this board online and received it last week Friday, so I have it for about 7 days now. My review is as below:Pros: (a) Excellent piano feel - black and white keys are large and not like those cheap keyboards, so you feel and hear a piano (b) Excellent piano sounds - almost perfect, and professional band quality like you hear on CDs; once you start playing it's difficult to stop (c) Once you purchase the relatively expensive (US$300) flash card, you can add up to 1GB additional sounds, so you never get bored (c) You can master the board completely in about 2 weeks of study; I mastered the essential features that I need to play in church in about 3 days (4) Great touch response (5) Ability to tweak the sounds to match your output Cons: (a) Display is too small, not coloured and not touch screen (b) Acoustic guitars still need more work on the quality (c) No built-in speakers, so you have to find money to buy monitors (d) Board doesn't have the ability to create its own samples (e) No after touch on the board, so you have to depend on the Mod wheel, which robs you of one hand (f) My old PSR S710 had the ability to playback CD songs converted to .wav; not sure that this board can do the same (g) No internal/built in ROM to save samples (h) the ability to navigate live only by a wheel and not by buttons can be inconveniencing (g) no sliders like the Motif XF (h) The need to purchase a flash card for US$300 for additional, downloadable content is irritating and adds to the cost of the board (i) No dedicated tempo button (j) moviing around from home to church with the board at the back of the car can be challenging because of the significant length of the board (i) crappy manual with very little free information out there on how to operate this synthesizer. There is information on how to master the board, but you have to pay, thereby costing you extra that you did not budget for.Outside of those challenges, I think that the board is probably the best out there in terms of the combination of affordability and features. So overall, I don't regret my purchase. All of the above is corrected via spending more money (double the price) to get a Motif XF, but that's not the point, is it?

When you call, mention priority code 207-NFXM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976