When you call, mention priority code 14N3-BR5M

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha MOX8 Keyboard

Combining the MOTIF XS sound engine with a multi-channel USB audio interface, the MOX8 is one of the most advanced, yet affordable, Yamaha synths ever.

"MOX8 SERIES A GREAT BOARD" submitted September 18, 2012

By Mark G in Geneva, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 24 yrs, started in the church Gospel now have my own band
Music Style: Gospel, Funk, Soul, R&B
Sound: This board is a very nice piece of equipment, sounds are very warm and realistic. As with any board, playing out of quality speaker will bring out the quality of the keyboard. Feature: there's a lot of features in this board form the on board vocoder to the built in audio interface. There's a lot you can do with this board form live performances to studio applications. Ease of Use: with a some playing with anyone can use the basic features. It will take some work to completely figure out the sequencing and recording features. Comes with Que base which im not too acquainted with but im sure with time i can be figured out. Quality: for the price this is made pretty good. very reliable.... I've had it for about 13, 14 months toting it all around and beside some cosmetic blemishes its in great shame. possible problems with the keys later. middle c sharp clicks sometimes. Value: its hard to compare this myself because its my first professional keyboard but for the price its a great value. Manufacturer Support: called when the middle key seemed to be going bad. tho it was out of warranty for a even swop they directed me to the nearest Yamaha service place for the warrantied parts. they were completely helpful. The Wow Factor: Th wow factor is simply the quality of sound that comes out of this board! Sounds great! Overall: This board is a very nice piece of equipment, sounds are very worm and realistic. As with any board, playing out of quality speaker will bring out the quality of the keyboard. The only complaint is the keys seem a little cheap and the rubber nobs fall off easily.

"Thank you zZounds - Yamaha MOX8 purchase" submitted June 25, 2013

By Alex Cardenas in Colton, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing keyboards for 12 years. I started in the church house and I play secular.
Music Style: Music genres are: R&B, Gospel, Hip-Hop, Top-40, Cumbia, Salsa, Roc en espanol...etc.
Overall: I recently purchased the Yamaha MOX8 through zZounds and let me tell you...it was a great buy. The MOX8 is light and easy to transport to any gig. The sounds are amazing and easy to program. I recommend this board to all my musical brothers and sisters who are performing all the time and like the weighted keys feeling but don't like the heavy weight that most heavy 88 keyboards have, this is the board for you. Thank you zZounds for getting my gear to me in a timely manner. The delivery guys should knock on the door and wait for someone to sign for the package and not just leave it by the door. Just saying.

"MOX SERIES, A MUSICAL SENSATION" submitted June 29, 2011

Music Style: gospel and jazz
Sound: Yamaha has done it again with this unit. For the person that wants a great keyboard and no excessive frills, light weight and affordable, this is definitely a great choice. By using the Motif SX sound engine, this MOX8 is just simply a good buy. Of course, not all sounds for any k'board is always the most unique, but for average uses such as pianos, horns, strings, organs and guitars, again, this board is a sure winner. The only suggestion to consider would be the zoning controls for it but, I suppose if you need that the SX series would be a better option. Feature: The foot pedal is always a good addition for players. A great secure case helps as well for transporting. The features on the MOX8 seems to be well planned for the novis and professional players. The manual is sufficient to understand. The arpeggiator feature is awesome for guitar reproduction. With a few moments of practice, that feature alone could put some guitar players out of service. Ease of Use: The MOX8 was quite easy to operate. I use to feel that the Yahama keyboards were difficult to use because there are so many items on the display screen to see. I played with this unit for about 30 minutes and began to float through the features with a problem and at first, I didn't use the manual at all. This unit is definitely a user friendly item. The overall feel of the keys are natural like playing a piano. They have a good texture and action which is important, I feel, when playing synths. When the keyboard has "cheesy" keys, it really does not provide a good relationship between the player and in the instrument. Quality: although I don't own the MOX8, yet, right now it is my first choice for a keyboard under 2 grand. It is just what I want. A solid cabinet, heavy enough for travel, but light enough to carry. It have a good look and the price is just worthy of the purchase. I have used some other products in the moderate price range that were good sounding keyboards, but craftsmanship was lacking to endure constant transporting. Value: As a possible alternative to the S90 or Motif SX8, this MOX8 is priced just right. Some of the "other guys" can't touch this! Manufacturer Support: I have had contact with Yamaha many years now. I have been always impressed with their products, company standards and personnel. The Wow Factor: A good look for any stage performance. Overall: I definitely would be satisfied with this unit and would replace it if it was damaged or lost or stolen.
81 of 88 people (92.05%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"MOX8 - get this keyboard! You won't find a better value in workstations!" submitted September 26, 2011

Musical Background: Active musician, worship team leader
Music Style: Christian Rock, Christian Worship
Sound: The MOX8 has blown me away with its sounds quality. I have used Korg, Roland and Yamaha all in the past, and this Yamaha has superior sounds on all categories from acoutstic pianos, strings, pads and drums. Nothing in this sounds cheezy or thin - ever sound is usable. Feature: Biggest feature for me is Performance Creator section. You can start with on sound, click "LAYER" and pick the next sound. It makes created layers and splits very quick and easy and even something that can be done just before a song. Also, USB flash storage and USB link to PC instead of MIDI is great! Analog input is huge as you can record live vocals and other instruments directly to the MOX and play it all back. It also has a real Vocoder! The only thing I wish it has a big wide touch screen. Navigation of all the buttons and sub menus can be a bit cumbersome as you first learn the keyboard, but once you get used to it's not bad. Ease of Use: Like I said, it needs a big touch screen for ease of use, but once you get used to the menu structure, it's not so bad. Quality: I had ordered a Korg M50 before I got the MOX. The Korg felt light and cheap and 2 of he keys stuck right out of the box. At the time I didn't know the MOX was avialable. When I brought the Korg back, I played the MOX. It had much more of a solid feel to it and just looked much better build. Value: You won't find a better value in workstations than this. This is the first "motif-based" proudct that is in my price range. Like I said, I had purchased the Korg M50 becuase it did all I needed and was in my price range, not knowing the MOX was out there. Getting Motif sounds and Yamaha reliability for arund $1700 is huge. Manufacturer Support: I say 10 on this becuase I haven't had to deal with customer support. Which to me is an excellent thing! The Wow Factor: Looks great, graphics are excellent. I just wish it was a little smaller in the depth dimension. The flat black finish seems to attract scuffs quickly, but everything has wiped off easily so far. Overall: I hope to own this keyboard for a long time, 7-8 years at least. This unit so far does everythign I need it to do.
50 of 55 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Keyoard & Workstation" submitted December 1, 2013

By Dennis S in Vancouver, WA
Overall
Musical Background: More than 30 years of playing, arranging, writing, recording and engineering
Music Style: Lot's of styles over the years
Overall: Overall in my humble opinion, the Yamaha MO is one heck of a keyboard. Of course it's a personal kind of thing based on your needs. In my case I am a solo artist and the MO makes a perfect base of operations for my show. Of course the sounds are great and many keyboards have great sounds but it's in the applications that allow you to compose, arrange, master and manipulate your recordings that the MO really shines. For me I have always struggled with midi files, specifically to decode them so you can use them effectively on another keyboard (and not the one they were recorded on). The MO shines here to, re-editing midi files to use in the master or song mode is not only possible but very effective. The one drawback for me (I am still in the learning curve on the MO) is using Cubase effectively with the MO. I continue to have issues with sync'ing, recording, midi applications ect... but over time I will get it. As a stand alone unit the MO shines and sounds beautiful and I would highly recommend it as the best keyboard I have ever seen and had the pleasure to use. A note about product support, I have been in contact with Yamaha to solve some issues and they have been really helpful.

"Yamaha MoX8" submitted February 10, 2014

By melissa medina in Holyoke, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing all my life. Im a pianist and drummer.
Music Style: Christian
Overall: There 4, 8 and 12 month play as you pay program is awesome! You can purchase a instrument by just paying for the first month! Then day will deliver it to your house VERY FAST! You van have it home while you pay it monthly. They DO NOT run credit which is the best part! Simply have a credit card with the same billing address and your all set! Debit is acceptable also.

"Great Board!" submitted November 17, 2013

By George Martin in Duluth, GA
Musical Background: Pro pianist/keyboardist/Home studio
Music Style: Jazz Soul R&B,Pop
Overall: Love the sounds and construction. The Yamaha sounds just all mix together well. Really helps when recording. keyboard plays surprisingly well.

"Almost perfect!" submitted June 27, 2012

By Rob A in Toronto, ON
Musical Background: International musician
Music Style: Current top 40 dance, pop. rock....
Overall: Great sounds, good weight, a little bulky but still very portable, good price point, deep editing and effects, fun accompaniments, controllers, and it's black which I really prefer over other colours. Aside from it being a little bulky the only major drawback I found is the 64 note polyphony. It will max out when in performance mode and have layered sounds and playing arpeggios and such with the sustain paddle in use. That and only 3 of the four layered sounds can use their imported affects from patch mode therefore the fourth layer only the global effect. In all fairness, layering more than 2 maybe 3 sounds will cause greatly reduced polyphony but it's still a really solid buy and it's Yamaha so it's reliable and built to last. Play it and you'll probably be more than impressed...

"mox8" submitted December 28, 2013

By oneal earl
Overall
Musical Background: prof. guitar player and sound engr
Music Style: R&b
Overall: Great product and deal

"MOX8 not good for midi velocity control" submitted July 12, 2012

By Johnny P in Neenah, WI
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years experience as a "weekend warrior" rock/ classic rock/ prog rock/classical musician
Music Style: Progressive metal is my favorite, but I can't make any money with that, so I'll say rock/classic rock.
Sound: Internal sounds are good, in my opinion, but that is very subjective, of course. However, I don't like to have to pound on the keyboard to get the notes to ring out. I'm getting old, and my hands and wrists can't take it. This board is not a good fit for those who have a softer touch, especially if using the board as a midi controller. Feature: While I was at the store reading the online manual with the salesmen, I was reading about aftertopuch, and the manual nicely explains what aftertouch is, but fails to mention that the MOX8 is not even an aftertouch board. Strange. And disappointing. Ease of Use: For me, the operating system is not intuitive enough, but that is just me. I'm generally known as a person who is good at programming keyboards, but I found it very confusing and disorganized. There is a big learning curve, and the tech support is not quick at all. I waited on hold for an hour, only to ask my question about the velocity curves and find out that I would have to wait 24 hours for an answer. I eventually answered my own question. Quality: I only had the board for a day, but the quality was fine. I liked the lightweight design, which is why I bought the keyboard in the first place. Value: No, in short. I know of other products in the same price range that are much easier to use, have more useful features, and have much more intelligent tech support. However, what I find useful, may not be for somebody else. That's why there are so many different options out there. Manufacturer Support: They were evasive and not ready to answer technical questions. If I have to wait 24 hours for an answer, I can read the manual myself and figure it out. The tech support is no more than a regurtation of the manual, which is fine, I guess, if you have basic questions. The Wow Factor: Lightweight! I think it's the lightest 88 weighted key workstation on the market. It also has a nice feal, in my opinion. Overall: I bought this board mainly because I need a lightweight 88 key controller keyboard. However, even though the MOX8 has good velocity curve flexibility while playing internal sounds, the velocity curves do not apply to midi when I try to control other instruments. The sound from from the slave instruments is dead and lifeless, unless I hit the keys so hard that my fingers hurt. I tried this with many different modules and keyboards, and the result was the same. The global mode does have some effect on slave instruments, but very little. It only has 4 different global velocity curves, and all of them were poor while using midi. I had to pound on the keyboard to get the right sound out of the slave instruments.

When you call, mention priority code 14N3-BR5M. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976