When you call, mention priority code 1612-Y06W

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha MOX6 Keyboard

Combining power and portability, the 15-pound Yamaha MOX6 features a MOTIF XS sound engine, 16-channel sequencer, and multi-channel DAW integration over USB.

"Great Bang For The Buck" submitted January 6, 2013

By Robert W in cocoa beach, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Primarily a bassist for 35 years but also intermediate keys player and have owned a half dozen keyboards over the years.
Music Style: Rock, alternative rock, blues, reggae
Overall: This keyboard sounds excellent. There are keyboards that have better piano sounds, but not for this price. I was a little disappointed in the electric piano section, not the sounds so much as the ability to turn off the vibrato if I wanted. But that's only because I haven't gotten deep into editing the sounds yet. The B3 sounds are the best out of any keyboard I've owned or heard besides maybe the B4 software. They also throw in a pretty decent software organ emulator BTW. The DAW interface works amazing. It makes recording in Cubase really easy because I can control things in Cubase from the keyboard. I love that. It was a learning curve setting it up and getting it all to work but once I did it works perfect. I was disappointed that Cubase didn't save a lot of the settings but now that I know how it just takes a couple minutes to set up a new project. Be prepared to spend time and work things out. As far as the ease of operation at a live gig, it's pretty easy. I like the way you can set your most used sounds in a Favorites area, it makes it really easy to find what I need fast. The same goes for doing on the fly custom splits and layers in a split second! I've had a blast playing it at the last few gigs since I got it. I look forward to making music with this thing for a long time. After doing more than my share of research I know I made the right pick and I wasn't disappointed except for minor things mentioned above. Good job Yamaha.

"MOX6 Keyboard Synthesizer 61-Key personal review by VinDC" submitted December 25, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Musical Background: i've been playing music over 30 years. I play keyboard, guitar, bass, and drums. I play mostly at church functions.
Music Style: Gospel, Funk, Rock, hip-hop, Contemporary Christian
Sound: The sound quality is excellent! Feature: The features are top notch! Ease of Use: Very easy to use... Quality: The quality is very good. I'm still getting use to the lightness of the board but it is still an amazing instrument! Value: The price is excellent for the features... Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to call... The Wow Factor: This is a fantastic instrument! Overall: I'm satisfied with it for what it does. The piano sounds can be slightly upgraded and the key sensitivity should allow for adjustment. But other than that it is an excellent synth workstation!
34 of 36 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"All in all, not bad for the price!" submitted July 5, 2011

Musical Background: active pro for over 40 years
Music Style: R&B, rock, jazz, you name it.
Sound: I also own a S70XS and I expected this unit (MOX6) would have the same software so I could import my prebuilt patches over to the mox6. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a lot of the great features of the S70XS like mixing your patches of 4 instruments with different volume levels, etc. But, I like the portability and the feature that when you press the bank button you see all 16 choices before you commit to a different sound. This is great for live performances. Another thing you have to get used to is playing a little softer because unlike the weighted keys of the S70XS, if you play the mox6 the same way you're going to get way more percussive notes because of the softer feel. Feature: I wish you could se;ect whixh sound patches you could start off with upon power up. Now I have to go through a number of keystrokes just to get to a basic sound that I want to play. I also wish I could delete a lot of those prebuilt sounds and patches that I will never ever use, it's just a clutter of crap and it slows you down to go get to the sounds you use on a regular basis. Ease of Use: It's definitely not easy to get what you want from this instrument and it's not as bonding to my X70XS as I originally thought it should be. Quality: Yamaha usually builds their stuff quite durably. Value: All in all, I'll keep this unit because of weight and it has a handful of sounds that I will use on a regular basis. Manufacturer Support: Support is iffy . . . iffy you get contacted sooner than later and iffy you get someone that knows their stuff and is personable too. Don't you hate support that acts curt and evasive. Overall: I'll keep this unit for quite a while. I just wish it had better B3 patches like the Hammond XK-1.
23 of 26 people (88.46%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"An Awesome Keyboard for the Budget minded" submitted October 30, 2012

By Alan G in Germantown, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Music has been a side career for over thirty years. I play saxes,flutes and keyboard and compose using Logic Pro software.
Music Style: Mostly Smooth Jazz, Caribbean, and World Music.
Overall: The Yamaha MOX6 is the best purchase I've ever made for a portable keyboard synth. If you can't afford a Motif, this is the next best thing. It's lightweight and packed with an almost endless array of sounds and performance patterns. For the money I don't think there's any better keyboard on the market. The only drawback is the users manual. As usual, Yamaha makes it a little more complicated to fully understand in order to fully discover what this keyboard is capable of.

"Top of its class." submitted August 29, 2011

By a customer from hawaii.rr.com
Musical Background: experienced amateur
Music Style: mix of club and elevator music
Sound: Excellent instrument sounds (Voices), and combinations (with layers and splits of up to 4 instruments, called Performances by Yamaha) and around 6700 arps (with arp setups keyed to preset instruments). Pianos are excellent but not equal to Kurzweil. Ease of Use: Mixing is a bit awkward in combinations (Performances) requiring an edit, should have used the 4 knobs to mix volume for the 4 instruments in a combination (maybe the top 4 for volume, the bottom 4 for pan) without edit - but mixing in a DAW is excellent using the downloadable Yamaha editor. Quality: Lightweight, about 15 pounds - most power in a light keyboard that I know of, so it uses a lot of plastic but overall very high quality. Has small but very usuable display with 12 variable buttons. Value: I used a Yamaha Motif ES for a few years -- the MOX6 sounds better, is far easier to use, far lighter, better integrated with computers and has more and better arps. And it costs about half what I paid for the ES. A bargain and the top of its class of keyboards (light, less than $1500 workstations). Manufacturer Support: Motifator.com continues to be an excellent source of information and support. Excellent integration with PC or Mac, including a very useful USB audio downloadable interface that works with nearly any DAW, (I use Goldwave and just set the input to Yamaha MOX6). Cubase AI 5 is included. Overall: IMHO the best synth available in its price range. If you are focused on pianos try the Kurzweil PC3LE6 or 8 for similar prices.
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Yamaha Mox6" submitted July 30, 2012

By Alex Smith in Fullerton, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I am a music producer and Tour musician, I play keys for MJ Tribute tour, Gap Band Sensation tribute show, Tito Jackson..
Music Style: Urban Inspirational, Gospel, RnB, Neo Soul, Christian, Rock , hip hop, etc.
Overall: Recently purchased the new Yamaha Mox6 Keyboard. Blown away by the new features and simple to use for recording and on the stage. Im a tour musician so I was able to program my own performance setups in Daw mode and upload my personal library of patches for live shows. I love the the 2 separate volume knobs for Keyboard patches and Daw mode. Really love the quality of sounds, it blew away all the other boards in rehearsal and turned heads once I began to play! A Light and Powerful weapon for any musician! This is truly a secret weapon! Well worth the investment!!!

"Yamaha mox6" submitted December 23, 2013

By Tejan Edwards in Elmsford, NY
Musical Background: I've been playing for 15years professionally for 5yrs
Music Style: Christian/R&B/HipHop
Overall: The best yamaha motif keyboard that is the cheapest I love everything about I can't take nothing away from it

"Yamaha mox8" submitted July 2, 2013

By Scott S in Brookfield, CT
Musical Background: Classic rock with 7 piece band
Music Style: Classic rock - 60 and 70's
Overall: Originally ordered mox6, but did not like the non weighted keys. ZZ took it back no problem and re sent me the mox8. A little more sturdy, but of course it weighs more. Has the same functions, which are awesome for the price.Only thing I wish Yamaha would do is instal a regular power line instead of the flimsy transformer

"The best at this price range"" submitted January 16, 2012

By John Roca in Granada Hills, CA
Musical Background: 35 yrs playing keyboards
Music Style: Jazz,Latin,Pop,Rock
Overall: Alot of pleople complain about the plastic ,and I belive that they dont gig that much. but when you gig alot and you have to carry a Motif es youre back gets hurt like mine did,i had also a cirgury. I had a korg M50 cool but sold it,then I purchase a korg Pa500 sounds beautifull but no professional,this machine sounds just like my Motif es,the keys are cheaper but for $1,200 and 15 pounds i dont complain,if you whant someting better get an employ to carry youre keyboard, amplifier ,stand ect ect

When you call, mention priority code 1612-Y06W. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976