When you call, mention priority code 172M-2V49

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha MOTIF XF8 Keyboard

Get creative! Produce tracks from start to finish with Yamaha's huge soundset and 88 hammer-action keys -- or easily integrate the MOTIF XF8 with your DAW.

"I really do love it!!" submitted February 22, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist and Active Musician
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Classical, "Pink Floyd"
Sound: The sounds are unmatched! And the weighted keys even make it feel just like an acoustic piano. Add the Yamaha FC3 foot half dampening pedal and close your eyes. Feature: Sooo many voices, performances and arpegios to choose from. Easy to connect to a computer for 16 chanel multi-track recording or for loading MIDI files, which can also be done from a usb thumb drive. Ease of Use: So easy even I can do it. Quality: I haven't found a flaw yet. Value: This is my second stab at a synth (I still have the first, a Yamaha Motif XS8) and there really isn't anything out there now to compare it with. Kurzweil had something with the K2600 but it is now discontinued. Is the Yamaha worth it? I believe so. but if it were a thousand dollars cheaper, I would have two more! Manufacturer Support: Yamaha has all product upgrades right on their website. All system, program and driver updates are there and free, too. I recommend you don't read the book unless you are in need of sleep. The Motifator.com website has all the answers you could ever think to ask a question about. The XF is a very updated version of the XS. But Yamaha came out with new version software for the XS even after the XF was up and running. AND they are already looking at the next one for the XS. The Wow Factor: The LCD screen is easy to see and to use. I wish the rest of the keyboadr had backlignting or two more usb ports (one at each end) for those flex-arm lights
50 of 54 people (92.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Yamaha MOTIF XF8 Keyboard Customer Review submitted December 23, 2010

Overall
Sound: Thoroughly realistic analog sounds. Pads are excellent. Will easily compete with Korgs in the hip-hop ablilities.
35 of 39 people (89.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Is the XF8 the best production workstation available?" submitted February 26, 2013

By DC Marshall
Overall
Music Style: Contemporary Jazz, orchestral & world music.
Overall: Probably the best all round studio production and recording system available. The S6 iGrand is fantastic but, ..........certain intervals can result in very odd and unwanted harmonics below middle C. If there was a Fizolli Grand, Steinway Model D, a Yamaha C7 and a Bosendorfer Imperial Grand available, for upload into the sample memory (like and a s good as the Nord HA88/Piano 2) then the XF8 could be the only machine you'll ever need, but its not. The underside caberboard base also lets the over all build quality down. The overall synth sounds are fantastic. Shame about the Pianos. My advice, buy the XF7 and use something else for grand piano, i.e. a Nord HA88/Piano 2.

"Motif: mo' better!" submitted August 2, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Active musician and producer
Music Style: rock plus
Sound: Yamaha's entire Motif series excels! I own an S90ES keyboard, with essentially the same sound engine as Motifs. I love the sounds, and the modulation wheel adds badass flava! I want a Motif for its production capabilities. I worked with a super-talented keyboardist who jammed CONVINCING "guitar" leads, right down to the overdrive and distortion effects' tones, which is RARE! If I ever get a motif, it'll be a Mo6 because of my finances. In the meantime, I want to dig deeply into my S90ES, especially for recording. I write a lot of music (albeit slowly), and these keyboards will help me with orchestration and arranging ideas and their execution. another great advantage/plus about Yamaha/ Motifs is that so many players own them or at least know their ways around them. My keyboard wish list is lengthy, but, in addition to classic axes, I want: a Motif or MO6; any Korg with Karma capability; a Bit One Systems vintage Bit One keyboard (designed and created by Roger Powell of Utopia, these are great tools/toys!); and a superb gutiar-to-MIDI interface for my epiphone Les Paul-copy Ultra-II acoustic-electric giutar. I also want an ART Nightbass effect rack, and a J.L.Cooper MSB (MIDI Synapse Brain) 20 interface. The motifs have their complexities (I need a butt-simple start on a product, or I get frustrated, such as with my tascam 2488 Mk II multitrack recorder)< but I can comprehend Motifs (and my S90ES). Ease of Use: as easy as turning the keyboard on!

"Motif fx" submitted April 4, 2013

By Val K in BattleGround, WA
Music Style: Classic
Overall: Love the sound

When you call, mention priority code 172M-2V49. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976