When you call, mention priority code 20G-62DD

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha HS8 Monitor

Continuing the tradition of the Yamaha NS10Ms, HS8 monitors deliver a flat, accurate response with 8" white-cone woofers in a bi-amplified powered design.

"Great monitors!" submitted April 21, 2014

By Jeff R in Rochester, NY
Musical Background: Multi-instrumentalist and sound engineer
Music Style: Hard rock
Overall: I am very pleased with the HS8 monitors. I have used KRK, Adam, and others. I feel that the HS8 has the best representation of what you are mixing. Other brands I have used seem to have a slight low-mid scoop, or a colored high-end. The HS8's are on the money and probably the best buy of any monitor costing $0-$1000 each. Buy them...you will be glad you did.

"Completely satisfied" submitted December 8, 2013

By William M
Music Style: Everything
Overall: I needed some new monitors. The hs80's were what I was looking for but they had been discontinued. So I ordered the hs8. I don't think you can get a monitor that's this truthful for this price. I'm glad I ordered.

"F**king AWESOME! Just being blunt! " submitted May 11, 2016

By Noah Raskin in Palmdale, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Music Producer, Mix Engineer for about 5 years. Plus extended live music background since I was 8 years old.
Music Style: I primarily work in Hip-Hop, Trap, Pop and R&B genres! I also have experience with electronic, rock and heavy metal music.
Overall: All I can say is the translation from these speakers to other audio systems is FANTASTIC! That's what I was looking for! I used to mix on the M-Audio BX8's and they sound pretty good and loud but the translation was just not good. I would think I have the mix on point and then take the mix to my earbuds or car system and things wouldn't sound how they did on the BX8's. However that problem is no longer with me now that I have the Yams!!! Completely different experience in the best way possible! I would recommend these to anyone who really cares about getting perfect levels and hearing sounds and frequencies as they really are! Another great thing about the Yams is they sound so true up front. I was worried about my lack of accoustic treatment still giving me problems with reflections and not being able to mix right! Not the case with these. They are just so balanced that you don't really get that problem! Now I'm not saying don't treat your room if you can help it haha, by all means try and treat your room right! I can't say enough great things about these monitors! Balanced low end which sound amazing as well as. I mix a lot of hip hop and record vocals. So those are the main things I care about. Especially getting the right vocal mixes. A1! I am able to really judge the right levels and EQ for vocals and sit them into the mix properly. Now I can actually have fun mixing again instead of stressing if I was getting things to sound right! Hope this helps! Also, Zzounds is amazing! I literally got these monitors shipped to my house in 2 days! Not a single problem! They even email you like 10 days before the next payment comes out to give you a heads up! Really stand up customer service! You will enjoy these bad boys! ;)

"These Speakers are Awesome" submitted June 20, 2015

By Derrick Givens in West Orange, NJ
Musical Background: Lyricists, Producer
Music Style: hip hop, R&B, POP
Overall: So glad a friend advised me to take back the KRK's and purchase the HS8's. I immediately heard the difference between the two right away. the Low, Mid and Highs on these monitors are as true to the mix as you can possibly get. The clarity is breathtaking even at very high volume. The price on these are a steal compared to the build, quality and sound you get out of these high quality and well made monitors. Thanks YAMAHA!!!

"Bang For Your Buck" submitted August 16, 2016

By Joey Lapino in Clifton Park, NY
Overall
Music Style: Rock, Electronic, Acoustic.
Overall: Overall these are great speakers. I find that vocals tend to sit low in these speakers when I A/B them with HS50's. The have great low end and full sound. I would recommend using these along side a smaller set of speakers. These are without a doubt incredible for what you pay.

"Yamaha HS8" submitted December 16, 2015

By Luis F in Jacksonville, FL
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: ALL music types
Overall: This is a great near field monitor with plenty of clarity and smooth mids. Somewhat bass shy and because it is a ported design, tends to load the room if nor properly damped. Otherwise, great value and albeit it is nowhere anywhere close to that other "legendary" sibling monitor it's also a fraction of its cost.

When you call, mention priority code 20G-62DD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976