When you call, mention priority code 20L-LHH7

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha DXR10 Speaker

Pumping out 131 dB SPL, the Yamaha DXR10 powered PA speaker has a built-in mixer with jacks for an XLR microphone, two 1/4" inputs, and stereo RCA inputs.

"Great Purchase!" submitted November 11, 2012

By Bruce G in Victorville, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician, avid sound engineer and home studio experience.
Overall: I was saving for a couple of 8" QSCs when I read a couple professional reviews on the Yamaha DXR series. I found out they were cheaper, more power and could get a 10" speaker in the same size cabinet as the QSC 8". Every Yamaha product I have ever bought was solid, so I took a chance. Could not be happier! I will primarily use them as monitors for a Blues/Rock band, but would have no issues using as front of house either. They sound great and have some nice features depending on how you want to use them (ie; the monitor/FOH switch) They are heavy, but the quality is awesome!

"Lives up to the hype." submitted July 22, 2013

By Wayne Francis in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: Semi-Pro Live Sound Engineer, Club Musician
Music Style: Rock from the Beatles to U2 to Five Finger Death Punch.
Overall: While I do own a trailer full of great PA gear, I didn't buy my DXR10 to use as a part of that system. I bought this speaker to use on stage with both a Line 6 POD HD500 (now an HD500X) and an Eleven Rack. All the reviews I've read on the DXR10 prompted me to buy it over other simular products, specifically the QSC K10 (still an amazing speaker at a higher price point) and the JBL EON510. The DXR allows me to run both units into the speaker and mix them if I want, although I don't mix them. I've practiced with it the last week and last night used it with my band for the first time. It was punchy and crystal clear and has more power than I could ever imagine using. I ORDERED ANOTHER ONE THIS MORNING. I read a lot of articles and blogs about the best way to use amp modelers like the Line 6 POD, Eleven Rack, Zoom G5, Vox ToneLab and others live. Active sseakers are certainly not the only solution, but if you're going that route the Yamaha DXR10 is a great choice.

"Size of 8". Performance of 12"" submitted August 23, 2012

By Tom G in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: 15 years. DJ.
Music Style: Hip-hop, rock etc...
Overall: The DXR10 is really compact and looks like a 8" speaker, but gets really loud! This 10" speaker competes well with K12 and PRX612M..or even kills when used with a sub. It is the best 10" powered speaker I have ever listened...amazing!

"Solid choice (compared to QSC K10)" submitted June 19, 2015

Overall
Overall: Individually, this speaker is really nice. I read previous reviews about the warmer sound as compared to a QSC K10 ($100 more), so decided to test them both head to head.The sound was very close and came down to preference. The QSC took the lead with all the other categories though. Here’s what I noticed... (least->most important)- QSC’s bag is better - Really bad reviews on the yamaha bag, but luckily the QSC bag fits the Yamaha just fine (or so I read). My QSC bag came free with my QSC speaker, so additional points there.- QSC’s handles are better - They feel better, and QSC has two, an additional one on the side.- QSC’s fan was quieter - It doesn’t even spin up until it needs to, and even when it does, it was still quieter than the Yamaha, which spins always.- QSC’s rubber feet felt more substantial - Especially when you orient the speaker in floor tilt mode. On the Yamaha, they were barely there, made me feel like the side would scratch easily.- QSC has an additional input thru - Could make a difference for performing musicians- QSC has locking receptacles - On both combo inputs and on the power cord.- QSC has better power consumption - Measured both with an amp meter at room listening volumes. QSC consumed .22A (26W), Yamaha consumed .45A (54W), that’s over twice the power consumption.- QSC’s “DEEP” bass mode got lower - Yamaha’s version added bass, but seemed just to punch more, rather than extend low. Some people prefer flat anyway, so it's just preference here.- QSC seemed to have better high mids. This made for a spatially deeper sound when hearing room reverb. Also female vocals like Diana Krall and Norah Jones sounded sweeter and breathier. Mid to high registers of piano and guitar seemed to have more definition. Equivalent ranges on the Yamaha seemed to be a little “honky” sounding and have more compressed spatial depth.With all that said, the Yamaha DXR10 did have some advantages…- Yamaha has stereo link mode - Cool if you think you’ll need it- Yamaha is more stackable - It’s a tad shorter and the top is more flat, better for setting stuff on- Yamaha has better mid bass - Which makes for tighter, punchier bass. I can see how this would be nice for DJs and program material with lots of moving bass. As a keyboard player, I played through this, and found anything around middle C and lower sounded nice, and more defined. Blues riffs, and anything somewhat aggressive was less muddy and sounded more like an acoustic piano. Better mid bass is also good for male vocals too.

When you call, mention priority code 20L-LHH7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.