When you call, mention priority code 145C-YDCK

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha DTX500K Drum Kit

The DTX500K is Yamaha's most affordable electronic drum kit and hosts a variety of professional features. The DTX500K is the perfect practice solution for beginners.

"Perfect & Complete Drum-Kit!" submitted October 11, 2012

By Seth C in Pittsburgh, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for 23yrs (since age 3) Professionally for 4 yrs and jamming at home and with friends
Music Style: Electronic (house, DnB, dubstep, trance, etc) Rock, Raggae, and many more....
Sound: For the "real life" drum-kit sounds this kit is pretty exact to the drumset it is emulating. The pads are very responsive and pick up light hit for a softer sound to a hard hit for loudness & accents. Feature: The most useful features are: Ease of creating a custom kit from the many pre-programmed kits, Linking it up to my other equipment, Recording right to the DTX500K brain, & last but not least The ease of transporting this drum-kit around (not heavy at all & folds right up) Ease of Use: This drum-kit is perfect for the professional (as I am) or the beginner just starting out. It is quite, self contained, and doesn't take up nearly as much space as a acoustic kit does. Also set-up of the kit was a breeze, it does take some time initially getting everything where you want it, but once its locked in, that's it! Even for the true "virgin" drummer, they'll be rocking this kit in no time flat! Quality: I have to say, I was a little concerned with the quality & sensitivity at first, but once it arrived those concerns went away. Yamaha did a great job on this one, making a kit that is durable, feels sturdy, and just extremely reliable! Now being a electronic drum-kit there is no need to hit the pads with excessive force, this may cause damage (but that is with any electronic kit) Value: This product was worth every penny I spent and for the money you get everything one could need at a price that is just right. I say in comparison to other electronic drum-kit's like the DTX500K you spend less and get way more! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had a need to call yet, but dealt with Yamaha on some other gear and they are very knowledgeable and helpful The Wow Factor: I was blown away, being my first electronic set (I personally owned) It made me speechless when I hit that first pad! Overall: The Yahmaha DTX500K Electronic drum kit was perfect for my needs. Being a drummer since I was 3yrs old and also a Electronic Musician, this set is the absolutely perfect match for my needs & wants. The first feature I am impressed with, is the ability to just fold this set up and loaded so easily! Transporting is a breeze, it is fairly light, only about 20lbs or so and folds right up! I'm able to even put it in the back seat of my car! For me, I have many different needs since I preform many different task when creating my tracks, jamming with my band, or having my own jam session. I'm able to use this kit for jamming on my own using headphones for those late night inspirations, hooking it up (via the 1/4" L & R outputs) to my other equipment for putting down the exact drum beat I want, or using the many different sounds & sound fx to add something different to a track. Also, this kit is sweet and suits all needs when jamming out with my band. No matter what style we are playing in this Yamaha DTX500K Electronic Drum-Kit matches it with the 50 different programmed kits each having their own unique drum sounds or sound fx. PLUS, the best thing in my opinion is being able to create your own user kit by taking the many different sounds and combining them to make that drum setup I need. To add there are quite a few different styles of pre-programmed grooves in a variety of styles in which you can jam along with to get a feel for that style or good practice! The other cool feature is being able to record that awesome drum lick right onto the DTX500K brain!! To sum up my experience with the Yamaha DTX500K Electronic Drum Kit I couldn't have asked for any more options or a better made piece of gear that is essential for my needs! Great Job on this product!!

"great value, great fun, great experience" submitted August 14, 2011

Music Style: drum
Sound: there is so much to this kit than i ever hoped for. im a begginer so this kit leaves me the things i need to get started and keep my interest to learn more. Ease of Use: was so easy to put together i was amazed. i use it to play along with my ipod, i can plug it into my computer and do things on it as well. its amazing! Quality: im a big guy and worried about the durability of an electric kit... so far i have seen no issues in this department Value: i shoped at local music stores the price was the same.. zzsounds made it easier for me through purchase and play to own it sooner and enjoy something i had been wanting for a long time. The Wow Factor: there are so many things this kit can do. ive barely scratched the surface. Overall: im more than satisfied with what i have now. but maybe as my experience grows i can see adding a pad or two to the kit.

"Great Kit for the Price" submitted November 11, 2012

By Tom U in Rockland, ME
Musical Background: Berklee Grad, Professional Musician and Instructor
Music Style: Most styles
Overall: Purchased the DTX500K for a music instruction studio, and overall I'm very pleased with it. The rack is a bit wobbly and the clamps are plastic, not the most sturdy set up... that said, it's very straightforward, sounds are pretty good although not amazing, but for the price... it's a great deal. After doing a fair amount of research, this seems to be by far the best kit in this price range, I think the sound and quality could certainly be improved but you'd be looking at spending well over the $1000 mark so depends on your budget. Again, overall... good buy, and with a payment plan option it's hard to beat.

"Yamaha DTX500K" submitted October 2, 2012

By Rick Armstrong in Waller, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing music for over 30 years, professionally performing in the 80's and now home recording.
Overall: Just finished using my new DTX500K drum kit on it's first recording session and it sounded fantastic straight out of the box!! The ability to record the drums as an audio signal on one track while simultaneously recording them as a midi signal on another track was awesome and saved a lot of time!

"Great set, well-made, good value." submitted December 28, 2011

By a customer from juno.com
Musical Background: Home jammer for 35 years
Music Style: Rock/Blues
Sound: Fantastic sounds - more than you could ever use. Feature: Packed wtih cool options and features. I like the preloaded songs that you can strip out the drums from and play along with. Ease of Use: Fairly easy to use. Lots of features requires some time to get to know, but you can play right out of the box. Quality: Very well made. Value: Seems like a good value. Manufacturer Support: n/a

When you call, mention priority code 145C-YDCK. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976