When you call, mention priority code 1557-69BT

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha DGX-530 Keyboard

This 88-key Portable Grand is ideal for beginning pianists! Make practice fun with 500 realistic sounds, 160 auto-accompaniment styles, and learning tools.

"Great Keyboard and not just for the beginner either!" submitted July 6, 2012

By Roger L in Sierra Vista, AZ
Musical Background: 40 years, Semi-Pro
Music Style: Classical, New Age, World, Jazz, Blues, Rock
Overall: This Yamaha is the one of the best keyboards for number of sounds, 88 keys, USB MIDI, weighted keys, piano, and multi-track sequencer that is on the market anywhere. I have 11 keyboards from different time periods and different uses. I like portable stage keyboards because I have played in bands much of my life and like to travel with keyboards. This comes with a addon wooden stand that can be removed if needed and it can be put into a case and traveled. It is a little more delicate so you would have to be careful if you plan to travel with it. This is one of the reasons I rate it overall only 4 stars. It is not quite "road worthy" as it were. Still, it is portable none the less. Let's talk about the features on this keyboard since that is what this is all about. 500+ sounds and most of them quite usable. I use this as my primary keyboard in my project studio. I record on a Tascam 8 track Digital Recorder and since you get basically 5 tracks built into this keyboard you have great versatility and a huge number of tracks in theory if you want to MIDI sync. I have used the MIDI sync but it is very time consuming to get it all to work with the recorder but I did get it to work. This keyboard is a piano first and can be layered with strings in a simple one push of a button to dual mode. Yes, it layers any 2 sounds that you preselect, the default being piano and strings. It also has a split mode allowing 2 sounds to be split. Great for bass sounds on the left side and piano sounds on the right for example. The sound selection screen is easy to use and has a nice little rotation function that allows you to spin your way through the sounds quickly and easily. It also has some great learning features where you get to read music and play along with selected melodies that can be changed out via downloads from Yamaha. GREAT FEATURE! It is a wonderful teaching tool. It also has a jam or accompaniment feature that will have you sounding like a one-man band. It's fun and has many nice feels. It is not as great as some of the top in jamming Yamaha keyboards I have played but it has some nice functions. It's hard to explain the jam functions, but they are not as "intelligent" and don't follow you as well as the 1800 dollar keyboards. Basically it is tied to whatever bass note you are hitting and type of feel you selected from the many provided. (It has over 100) For the price you are getting a keyboard that sound professional in almost every respect but you can't edit the sounds too much, and you only get 500. It comes only with a basic foot pedal but you can order a nicer one if you like. It works fine with the basic one I found out. Great support too, Yamaha does support their stuff. I called with a question and they answered me in detail. Only Roland has better support if you ask me and Yamaha is very close. I rate this 4.5 out of 5 stars and that is a VERY high rating for me. Let's talk about some of the sounds. The piano sounds better than the Privia line of keyboards and it plays about the same. The feel is actually more realistic than the Privia. (Yes, I have a Casio Privia too!) The Grand Piano is the best piano if you ask me and with the push of a button it goes back into grand piano. Love that feature! The rhodes sounds are decent and the clavichord is ok. It does a great tremolo piano too if you like that blues sound. The guitars are actually very usable and I love the. Especially the Folk Guitar. The organ sounds are nice, but the real test is always a Pipe Organ sound and it is only so-so on the Church Organ which is the pipe organ sound. Still prefer the Roland D-50 Cathedral Organ sound. I found have found none better so far in all these years of trying keyboards in stores. The D-50 Pipe Organ rules them all. This keyboard has a wonderful flute sound. One of the best (and I play the flute myself) and I use this sometimes as a 2nd flute part. It is easier to keep tuned than 2 of me playing. I also love the strings. They are rich and pure. The strings are the best part about this keyboard. It is also a drum machine and plays very well that way as well. In drum mode I can lay killer drum tracks! There are many special effects sounds, and most all of the common instruments in a band or orchestra. I recommend them. This keyboard is deal. If you can only afford a 500 dollar keyboard buy this one you will get a 1000 dollar sounding keyboard.
54 of 56 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Search no longer .... this one does the job!" submitted September 1, 2011

Musical Background: Music Student
Music Style: All styles
Sound: The speakers are adequate but could be better. I bought an amp from a friend, so the sound is much improved. The speakers are the keyboard's only shortcoming. Feature: Not many accessories. Just the pedal. Ease of Use: You definitely have to read the manual to appreciate the features of the keyboard. There is much to learn but the manual is easy to follow. The website and the software is very helpful. Quality: The quality of the keyboard is good as I expected, so I feel I got a good return on my investment. This was an upgrade from my first digital keyboard. And with the addition of an amp, it more than suits my needs. Value: Other than the quality of the speakers, I feel I received what I paid for. I am satisfied. The Wow Factor: I would rate this high inspite of the speakers. It looks good, performs well and the sound is satisfactory. The stand is solid and I feel comfortable sitting at it which was an improvement from my prior keyboard a smaller Yamaha 5 octave. The quality is much better. Overall: I like my keyboard and I did research the product before deciding on purchasing this one in particular. I like the ability to have auto payments. I will definitely make more purchases from zZounds.
61 of 67 people (91.04%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Everything I expected and more" submitted May 6, 2014

By Kenneth H in ATLANTIC BEACH, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing Keyboard by ear privately since I was 9 yrs old.
Overall: I've owned the Yamaha DGX-230 so when I had the opportunity to play this, I was blown away at how warm the overall piano sounds were compared to the DGX 230. The Education Suite adds to the feature set with a plethora of songs to learn and play with. Some features, like the track recording is a bit weird to learn, and the Dual Voice is also kind of difficult to find out how to do, but I've had it a month now, so the learning curve appears to be kind of steep with this keyboard. Either that or just turn it on. click a voice and play. But if you want to learn it inside out, prepare to spend hours with it.

"Yamaha DGX-530 88-Key Portable Keyboard" submitted February 26, 2012

By Roy Hughes in Palmyra, VA
Musical Background: 43 years, mostly guitar, some keyboard, mandolin, harmonica
Music Style: rock and roll, country, folk
Overall: This is an awesome keyboard, especially for someone that doesn't play professionally or that is not a trained pianist. Although, I still believe in most ways, it would suffice for that level of player, as well. The sound just coming through the speakers is great. And if it's not enough, you have the option to amplify. My only complaint about the keyboard is that it does not have the option to install the 3-pedal combo on it like the DGX-630. When I saw the 3-pedal combo by Yamaha, I purchased this keyboard thinking I would add that accessory if I didn't like the sustain pedal that came with it. When I made the purchase for the DGX-530, the picture of the 3-pedal combo by Yamaha was shown in the side pictures making me think it was an option. Oh well, it's still a great keyboard for what I want to play. I really enjoy the teach mode and all the pre-recorded music by genres, as well. Very versatile and the feel of the keys are precisely like a piano.

"Excellent Keyboard" submitted January 15, 2014

By Emmett Tankersley III in Charlotte, NC
Musical Background: Played piano my entire life
Music Style: Anything except rap
Overall: This is a great board for beginners learning to play as I just purchased this for my daughter . Awesome Yamaha grand piano sound!

"New customer" submitted February 16, 2014

By roderick J in hephzibah, GA
Overall
Musical Background: been playing piano (keyboards) over 50 years, I do teach transition from piano to keyboard and vice versa
Overall: Ordered online and received my keyboard (Yamaha DGX-530) on time in excellent condition. As a church musician, I've been able to use the total versatility of sound management in this instrument. So, so satisfied!

When you call, mention priority code 1557-69BT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976