When you call, mention priority code 15FJ-MSMN

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha CP4 STAGE

Yamaha's top-of-the-line CP4 offers 45 grand piano sounds, 47 vintage EPs and hundreds more Motif-derived voices. You'll love the feel of the real wood keys!

"Way overpriced to compete. Better choices out there." submitted May 13, 2014

By Megan C in Alvin, TX
Musical Background: pro 25 years. piano, bass, and sax
Overall: Don’t make my mistake and buy before you try. Shame on me as Im a pro for over 25 years. I assumed the CP4 would be a winner as I always loved Yamaha keyboards. Not this time. Yamaha is way off on what they offer for the price on this one. I had to return mine after realizing there are many better boards at a fair price. THE CP4 is nice but falls short compared to its competition. However it has very good action, average piano sounds, good stings, ok organs, and excellent electric piano sounds. etc . The sound is still dated to the old Yamahas and not much better than CP33, P155 and P105. The new CXS piano sound is ok but nothing better than the completions - It’s just another piano sample. CP5 is still the best bet for Yamaha if they are not going to update technology. The CP4 is not that user friendly. 5 band EQ is nice but 2 line LCD with everything abbreviated makes very annoying when in a live performance. It is light weigh but not all that well built. Feels like a Casio PX series or Yamaha P105. No longer the solid feel of the CP5 or CP33. That worries in the long run. Lately, on my quest, Ive tried them all and the best deal is the Kawai MP7. Fantastic in every way , sound, action, etc. AND priced perfectly for HUNDREDS less than CP4. The RD800 is truly a professional stage piano. Sounds incredible and extremely easy to use for a few hundred more than the CP4. However, it can’t compete with CP4 for size and weight. The CP4 would be an excellent value if it was priced the same as the Kawai MP7 or even the CP40. DONT RELY ON MY REVIEW OR ANYONE ELSE’S. You HAVE TO see, hear, and play for yourself and compare. I can assure you that CP4 disappoints when you go apples-to-apples.

"Gigs=Yes! Home=No!" submitted July 5, 2014

By Devin R in Henderson, NV
Overall
Musical Background: Piano and synths since childhood. Band and solo gigs. Learning jazz guitar on the side.
Music Style: classical, classic rock, jazz and blues. some worship piano and organ past several years.
Overall: No, not at at all. Very good? Yes indeed. The action of the CP4 is wonderful. The acoustic piano sound is good, but no better than most other Yamaha pianos. So don't get excited for something that is going to blow you away. Electric piano sounds a good and useable. Overall, sounds very good on stage. No need for the missing string resonance live. It is disappointed not having it while recording of practicing with headphones. Sounds a little stale. I LOVE the light weight as I use the CP4 for frequently on the road. Bottom line its a good solid stage piano. Sure there are much better choices out there? But I like the weight and the sounds are not mind-blowing whatsoever but gets the job done for gigs. I would not recommend this for home use only. Defeats the purpose and you can find much better sounding home and stage pianos for less price. The CP4 would also not be my first choice for studio work. As nice as it might sound live I think in studio recordings you would hear all the flaws in the samples such as looping, lack of string resonance. But CP4 as a controller would work nicely in a studio. With all that in mind CP4 is what it is - a good gigging board with great action, good piano sounds, fair ease of use, and pretty good quality - a bit flimsy but solid enough for the road. Yes I agree it might be way overpriced, but you pay the premium for the light weight.. If you are looking for the "wow" factor keep shopping. If your looking for the "gig" factor then this might be your board.Also, always check with ZZounds for best price. They always come through for me when I need to purchase big price items. Im always happy with their service, but I can say that Im happy for all the products I choose!

"Not as good as I expected" submitted July 23, 2014

By Dave M in Columbus, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician in jazz, rock, R&B, and church bands and solo
Overall: Yamaha says it is "simply the best stage piano Yamaha has ever made." I beg to differ - for the price, the piano sounds and feel are just not that great. And the one that I bought had to be returned because it froze up a few times in the first week during performances. I now use a Yamaha P255 as my stage piano: great sounds, great feel, lighter and smaller than the CP4, and I also use it at home with the accompanying stand and 3-pedal assembly for a real piano experience.

"Not user friendly. Sound is missing something" submitted March 16, 2014

By Ilosnic Marks in Arvin, CA
Musical Background: Piano since childhood
Music Style: Many styles. Perfer Jazz and clasicalto all others
Overall: I bought the CP4 and it has wonderful key action. It is not user friendly when you need to edit quickly. The sound on all the pianos seem to be missing something, a certain brilliance that I was expecting. I also read reviews about this lack of sound resonance and maybe that is why this seems a bit flat. I will keep it as it is a very nice piano. But I was hoping for more. I do like the looks of the CP4 and find it very solid. But it is the sound that is most important and I think I can do better for this price range I spent. So I might still look at other pianos. I see Kawai and Roland have new models that look interesting. To each their on I guess. Wish I shopped around more.
14 of 19 people (73.68%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I wanted to love the CP4, but..." submitted March 14, 2014

By Andrew A in Manchester, NH
Overall
Musical Background: Music educated, part time living solo pianist and band
Music Style: Jazz, Classical, Blues, Contemporary.
Overall: I had high hopes for the CP4. The sound is dated and disappointing. The action is very good but I feel like Im playing $2,200 Casio. Nothing against casio, In Fact I returned my CP4 and now looking at the PX5S. It seems to have wonderful sound and extensive features for $1,000. I just cant get over how Yamaha released the Cp4 with a few extra features, a new piano voice that isn't that great, and less that appealing quality and build. AND then dare to say it's their best stage piano. Im not going to tell you to avoid the CP4 but I am going to tell you to demo it first. Do not buy blindly. If you have $2,200 to spend. You can do much better for less money of way better for a just few hundred more. ZZounds has great deals, I just happened to pick a loser. ...Well, I did mention the action is very good. Anyway , thank ZZ for great servcie
10 of 14 people (71.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"GREAT PIANO !!" submitted April 29, 2014

By John A in Fairfax, VA
Musical Background: Sing, play Piano ang guitar in a professional band
Music Style: Classic roots rock bar room boogie band. Elvis to J.Geils to Bruce Springsteen with a lot in between. Also have an original C.D.
Overall: I have been playing piano over 20 rears in a high energy classic roots rock band, and have performing much longer. I have played all of the different piano especially before making this purchase. None stacked up to the CP4 for sound quality and ease of use on stage. Piano sounds and action are fantastic. The five band EQ makes it so easy to adjust tone on the fly. The other posts just don't make sense. I had a Korg SGPro X for 10 years and loved it. This is the first stage piano that I just had to get. No others including the Roland RD800 stand up to it..

"A GREAT PIANO !! Can't believe these other guys are talking about the same piano !" submitted April 28, 2014

By John A in Fairfax, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Been performing since I was 14, Sing play Piano and guitar. Piano much more inthe past 20 years
Music Style: Classic Roots rock bar room boogie band. J Geils, Grand Funk and Springsteen type stuff and much much more
Overall: I am confused by the two previous reviews. I have played in a high energy classic rock band for over 20 years. I had a Korg SG pro X for 10 years which I loved. When I shopped around at G.C. and Chuck Levins the biggest music store on the East Cost, and tried at least 50 pianos. THE CP4 stood out with great action, great piano sounds, stings, organs etc and for those who claim they are not great, they don't know how to use the board which is extremely user friendly with a 5 band EQ and other ways to change tones on the fly. I tried them all folks and the only one people claim to be a contender with the CP4 is the Roland RD 800. The answer is NO, it's okay but not nearly as good

When you call, mention priority code 15FJ-MSMN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976