When you call, mention priority code 14N9-60QP

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha C40 Classical

Start your classical conquest in style and quality with this beginner's package. It features a full-bodied classical guitar, a gig bag, tuner, and more.

"Yamahas decade of astonishment" submitted December 23, 2005

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: gigger
Music Style: alternates every so and so but I stick to my filthy grunge roots
Sound: I've had this guitar for about 3 years and I can tell you taht this guitar sounds really really good. The sound gets better through out the years and I guess It might just be me but the spruce top seems to sound brighter every day and the mahogany bady creates a bass reaponse sort of like a dreadnought, either way it sound really good. Feature: I got the bag with it and that is it. The bag is really good but I really don't like it:it is durable but I preffer a thicker bag.I put abalone dot inlays in it and it looks really good too. Quality: I've had this for three years and other than the inlays everything else is stock[that's how good the parts are]The tuning is stable and lasts for weeks. I've used this for countless gigs and it never leaves me down Value: VeRy VeRy GrEaT qUaLiTy The Wow Factor: Never get tired of it Overall: the best value
34 of 36 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Can not bet it for the price. Sound is outstanding. I was amazed by the sound and rich tone of each string. Wonderful, just wond" submitted January 23, 2005

Musical Background: Past professional performer
Music Style: Classical and Christian
Sound: For the money. The sound is one of the best I have ever heard. The deep tones come thru rich and natural. The higher notes are chisp and clear. Feature: A very good book for a beginner. I have looked at many books' for beginning of classical guitar. This is by far the best! It has more then notes. It explains a great deal about what one is about to learn. It also gives some background information about classical guitar virtousi. Something you will not get from other books. Quality: Very well for the price. As to the worst for the money it's great. I believe with care it should out last me and my grand kids. Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: NO, but I trust zzound and I know they will stand behind me. The Wow Factor: So, So Overall: I plan on starting my grandchild out on this. A passing it on to her.
27 of 33 people (81.82%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Please people" submitted March 1, 2012

By John Mck in The big one, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I am a luthier and in a rock band on electric guitar and a Flamenco afficianodo.
Music Style: Rock, blues, improv, classical, flamenco.
Overall: This thing is a hunk of junk period... BUT... it is a Yamaha so you know it was built well. When I got mine circa 1997 I was in a shop that had about 5 of these on the shelf/ I played each one till I found the best. Then I outfitted it with a bone nut and saddle. Only reason I bought the guitar was to have something to travel with and beat on in my hotel room, was doing a lot of traveling. I just restrung mine after oh say ten years. It still has good action and plays great! Sound is still horrible tho :) But I am on the road again and need a good nylon beater, she's perfect for the job

"Good value for the quality for any beginner and professional." submitted August 22, 2008

Musical Background: Active musician, and teacher
Music Style: Jazz, Alternative, and any good music
Sound: The CG-40MA has a warm sound. I played it for a two hours. I will have to lower the action a little. However, the CG-40MA has a nice tone and plays well for a beginner guitar. When I compare it to my more expensive classical guitars, I think the CG-40MA , for the value, is good investment for a beginner or professional guitarist. Feature: The selection of wood for the guitar was great for the value. Ease of Use: n/a Quality: For the value, I think the guitar is well made. However, I did feel a few burrs on the frets. Also, the back of the guitar needs more final finish work. The guitar felt good while I was playing it. Value: Yes. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: It just a practical addition to my setup. Overall: For the value and quality, I think the CG-40MA is a good investment for a beginner guitar.

"Love it!" submitted October 30, 2005

Overall
Sound: All of the strings sound great except for the G string which sounds a bit dull but overall the sound is awesome. Feature: The look of the guitar is really nice, the shine is amazing, but all I got was the guitar, no picks or nothing. Quality: Ive hit it against walls by accident and it still sounds the same as if I just bought it, great quality. Value: Great price for a great guitar. Manufacturer Support: Havent needed it yet The Wow Factor: I love it. Overall: Its a great guitar for beginners and experts, you might want to replace the some of the strings though.

When you call, mention priority code 14N9-60QP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976