When you call, mention priority code 143X-WRXP

Rating and Reviews: Line 6 Relay G50 System

Pop this Line 6 wireless receiver into your pedalboard, clip the transmitter to your strap, and get ready to rock -- without tripping on your guitar cable.

Overall

"Great sound, insane range! I got so far away I couldn't find my amp!" submitted May 25, 2012

By Phil H in Lake County, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist for about 45 years. Ex-pro, now just having fun.
Music Style: Old Skule Progressive/ Cafe Acoustic/ Soundtracks/Rock/Blues/Gregorian Gospel/Live Solo Guitar Synth
Sound: Very good, very close. The cable length selector rolls off the highs as you extend the 'length' Feature: Receiver fits a stomp box footprint. The Mute button is essential if you change guitars onstage. Another really great feature is that the receiver gets battery life updates from the transmitter, so you can read the battery life without twisting yourself into a pretzel, or removing the belt pack. A great feature for live.work. One minor 'gotcha' to watch for: if you're groping around back to clip this to your belt, it's quite easy to snag the battery cover release and de-power the unit, not to mention dropping batteries onto the stage The cover is unfortunately placed right where it's most convenient to grab it for this purpose. Mine has a little piece of painter's tape over it now. I don't find the cable selector at all useful; it offers nothing that can't be easily dialed up from the amp, and it smacks of tech for tech's sake. I truly love these guys and their insane obsession with modelling everything on the planet, but what's next, a guitar pick thickness and density simulator? Ease of Use: If you don't know how to install batteries and connect audio cords, you could be in for a rough time. Get that bit down and it starts right out of the box. Defaults to Channel 1. The only thing I learned from the manual is that you can use both input buttons simultaneously to lock the unit on and in its current config. Very handy on stage; you can't accidentally power it down or change channels by hitting a button Quality: Metal construction, made for the stage. Can't comment on reliability, as I have not had it long. Value: It's not cheap, that's for sure, and if you are only playing smaller venues with not too many other wireless channels, check out the G30, at $100 less. It's a high quality product, and that has value for professional and amateur alike. Manufacturer Support: Previous good support from L6 on other products. The Wow Factor: How many other products will let you rock out while riding a horse? On a more serious note, it's great for both live and home studio work; it's very handy to be able to put an amp in a closet to keep the volume manageable for other players or neighbors, and play without a cable. I've even stuck a mic'ed amp into a car in a friend's garage so he could get that maxed out sound without fear of eviction. Overall: Well-built, clean and exceptionally close to cable sound Just kidding, although the 200' range is a conservative estimate: I live on a farm and got at least 300' away before I dropped signal, and there were two insulated walls between me and the receiver. Unless you're playing solo, you can't get past 80-100' anyway, without playing out of time due to the delay in the sound reaching you; that extra power just makes for a great signal when you're closer.

"THIS is your wireless rig, guitarists!" submitted May 9, 2011

Overall
Sound: I've had mine about a year and gig pretty regularly with it. The sound is as close to having a cable in your guitar as you can get with a wireless rig. I'm (currently) using it with a Duncan SH-10 "Full Shred" passive pickup into a tuner and Marshall TSL-60. It's definitely the "hottest" wireless system out there. My previously wireless (which shall go nameless) just didn't have near the volume needed to get the sound I could get with a cable, but the G50 does the job better than any other wireless system I've gotten my hands on. Feature: I really like the battery indicators, both on the transmitter and the reciever unit. You don't have to look close and see how many "bars" you have left. If it's not shining green, it's time to swap. There's no plastic chassis on the G50 which makes me feel better about thrashing around if the show calls for it. There's also a "cable simulator" which you can use to dial in different lengths. I find it just gives the signal darker and darker tones depending on how far you turn it up. As I'm going for brighter tones to offset my lead player's dark rhythm tone, I don't need it. I gave it a "9" because I'd like to see an additional feature to increase the signal strength for passive pickups like the Duncan "Full Shred". It's close, but it's still not as "brilliant" as using an actual cable. For active pickup players, you got nothin' to worry about. Ease of Use: I did read the manual, but it doesn't require that you do to make it do the job. If you have more than one person in the band using a G50 unit, you'll wanna read up on choosing a signal and labeling your particular transmitter on the LCD readout screen. Quality: The G50 is absolutely roadworthy (that's where I'm using it). I tend to baby my gear as much as possible and since it's not a stompbox, it doesn't face the rigors of gigging that my tuner or channel switcher do on a nightly basis. Just take care of your gear. If you don't have to beat it to death, don't. Pretty simple advice. Value: They say "you get what you pay for". With the G50, you will and it's worth every cent. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had a single issue so I can't comment on this. The Wow Factor: It's pretty to look at, but I decideed to get mine after trying a friend's G50. The sound was there, the feel was solid. Sure, it cost more than my $75 rig I had before, but it was totally worth it. Overall: I'm extremely satisfied with the G50. No dropouts in the signal, I can tell from a distance if the batteries are about to go dead, and it's built like a tank. Again, my only gripe would be to add a booster for passive pickup players so there's no difference between using the G50 or a cable, but it's pretty close as it is. In a live situation, that really doesn't matter all that much with all the other racket going on.
47 of 48 people (97.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Line 6 Relay G50 System Customer Review submitted May 11, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Professional Bass Player (Robin Gibb Band)
Music Style: Pop, Rock, Alternative.
Overall: I used the the relay G50 for 3 days of intense 10 hour tour rehearsals. I only had to change the battery once near the end of the sessions! I then performed two 2 hour shows and one 3 hour show back to back. One of the shows was recorded for a live DVD. Sounds great, no problems at all. I changed the battery before each show to be on the safe side. Very well built and roadworthy, pro piece of kit, a welcome edition to my pedalboard and very easy to use.

"Line6 Got this one right!" submitted March 13, 2011

Musical Background: Pro & Hobby
Sound: This is my first Wireless system that has so far beat the crap out of all the others. I just hook it in and turn it on and it works no hassle. sound is as good as wired both in the clean channels and lead/crunch channel. I purchased this one because it fits in my SKB pedal board same size as any stop box. one flaw, and this is just my thoughts here and that is it comes with it's onw 9VDC power supply that seems to be bufferd and as such my pedal board 9VDC systen does not power it up ergo you must run another plug to your pedal board as the SKB PS55 has no AC out lets. Feature: Everything you need is in here, I used it for 2, 4 hour practice sets and the batteries are still going. Ease of Use: No problems my band mates all want one now and with 12 channels I have no fear of them getting one. Quality: Very Cool Value: I only gave a 9 because of the buffered power adaptor. if it would have powerd up with any 9VDC such as in a pedal board I would give it a 10+ Manufacturer Support: Line6 I have never had any problems with them EVER... The Wow Factor: Very Cool looking easy to read. Overall: I woild get another, yes.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The best wireless system I have played hands down!" submitted April 7, 2011

Ken from zZounds
Musical Background: Professional Musician, Live Engineer
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Hip-Hop, House, Gospel
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: This is the cleanest, most accurate wireless I have ever heard on bass! For those who like the sound of certain cables with different lengths, this unit offers a cable simulator. Feature: The body pack has a on/off switch and a mute button. It came with a power adapter and a cable to connect to my bass. It a Quality: This thing is built like tank! Value: Is anything really worth what people charge these days? I'm just cheap! So I couldn't give it a 10. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Sexy & Sleak. Overall: This was a gift so I don't know if I would replace it if it was lost or stolen.

"Nice wireless, works great!" submitted November 18, 2013

By Dennis M in Tremont, IL
Musical Background: Semi-pro, playing several times a week
Music Style: Country, blues, classic rock
Overall: This is the Second line 6 wireless I've owned. I owned the G-30 before. I bought the G-50 because of the all metal construction. They both worked great, with great tone, no interference, great range, and they're east on batteries. Highly recommended, but keep in mind that the G-30 is plastic, and the transmitter battery door latch will break very easily. The G-50 is all metal and holds up much better to normal use.

"Living it" submitted April 29, 2012

By Keith Sanchez in Arvada, CO
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar semi-professionally for almost thirty years, recording and touring.
Music Style: Metal, Doom, Rock, Punk, Grind, Power Violence, Classical, Reggae/Ska, Blues, Country.
Overall: I'm loving this thing. It works like they claim. I did side by side comparisons with the cord and the G50 and its so close that in a live setting you'll never hear the difference. I've had the unit a few weeks and have only gigged it once, but I forgot how cool it is to be wireless, and the fact the sound was there with no pops crackles or dropouts was awsome. Sturdy construction, the ease of use and the sound quality make this product worth the money. My only complaint so far is the fact you don't get a choice of straight or angled jack on the cord. For the price they should just include both. Also the instructions are not very comprehensive. There's a website for detailed instructions, but I'd rather read it when I open it cause once its operating I'd rather play lead than read. I gies one day when I have time and remember to do so I'll go seeking the detailed instructions. If you want a wireless that is easy to use and sounds great, the line 6 is the easy to go.

"Wireless Wonder: The Line 6 G50" submitted April 11, 2014

By Baz G
Overall
Musical Background: Pro player (live & session) and tutor on guitar & bass for over 40 years.
Music Style: Play all types of Rock, Blues, Pop, Soul, Folk & Jazz on guitar, bass, hand percussion, keyboards & vocals.
Overall: Having had other wireless systems that were frequently unreliable, it's been a delight to use the Line 6 G50. The setup and settings are easy to use, and the system is compact and robust. The receiver is light and sturdy. The transmitter uses 2 AA batteries which adds to the weight but it is still fairly light to attach to a guitar strap or pocket. Only criticism is that the clip is necessarily tight, making changeovers between guitars a bit more fiddly than they could be. But the killer here is the sound. Other systems I've used are less powerful than cables - this is equal to cables (without tripping over them!).

"Easy to use and i loose no sound quality" submitted May 16, 2011

Music Style: Rock , Country rock and blues
Sound: Sounds fantastic and responds to my playing great Ease of Use: Not hard to get great tones Quality: very robust though i not sure about the cable that came with it Value: better priced than other brands Manufacturer Support: yes line 6 are good to deal with The Wow Factor: Looks good Overall: As long as it keeps working i will stick with it

"Great wireless" submitted December 5, 2013

By Cliff Payne in Grain Valley, MO
Musical Background: 50 yrs. Bass
Music Style: 60's rock
Overall: Had many over the years and Bass is hard to find a good wireless to transmit low freq. This unit does...

"Line 6 Relay G50 Wireless Guitar System, It is everything I thought it would be" submitted October 29, 2012

By Milton P in Kailua Kona, HI
Overall
Musical Background: Fifty-six years as a musician. Forty-six years as a professional.
Music Style: Christian, classical, rock, country, jazz, blues.
Overall: I have shopped several wireless systems, but this one attracted me the most in technology and price. It's performance has been superb, and the sound is excellent. I would recommend it to anyone, amature or professional, and anyone in-between.

"Line 6 Relay G50 Digital Wireless Guitar System" submitted April 1, 2012

By Maria G in Bradenton, FL
Overall
Musical Background: professionally and at home
Music Style: rock, blues, country
Overall: This was a gift for my boyfriend, who has tried other systems, this was the best the clarity is awesome sounds like it cost twice as much

"Simply Wireless!" submitted April 7, 2011

Music Style: Eclectic
Sound: Bottom line, is it works. Clean wireless sound with no interference. Battery life is about 4 hours, about the duration of one gig. Feature: Cable length attenuator was not very useful for me as a Bass player. If I want to change the tone, I would use my Amp's EQ or an effects pedal. Ease of Use: About as plug and play as you can get. Just put the batteries in, make sure the channels are the same,make the connections, and you're ready to go! Quality: Love the sturdy construction (Metal,not Plastic) Should last for years, even on the road. Value: A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed any of these services. The Wow Factor: Very nice, uncomplicated design. No bells and whistles, just Good quality. Overall: I hope to use this at least for the next five years, or until I'm rich enough to buy some overpriced gadget that does the same thing. :)

"Terrible! Two times in live cocert it droped signal. I tried 10 minutes to rvive it. I finaly had to cut everything off, repowe" submitted November 20, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: 40 years, guitar, mandolin, banjo, keyboards
Music Style: rock, R & B, Blues, Christain
Sound: Terrible! Two times in live cocert it droped signal. I tried 10 minutes to rvive it. I finaly had to cut everything off, repower the amp,receiver and belt pack. It came on but within 30 minutess it failed agan. I could never recoment this to any professional performer. Feature: Terrible! Two times in live cocert it droped signal. I tried 10 minutes to rvive it. I finaly had to cut everything off, repower the amp,receiver and belt pack. It came on but within 30 minutess it failed agan. I could never recoment this to any professional performer. Ease of Use: Sound great when it works! No loss in quality of sound or tone.... Quality: Good Manufacturer Support: Don't know. l I will when call them... Overall: Terrible! Two times in live cocert it droped signal. I tried 10 minutes to rvive it. I finaly had to cut everything off, repower the amp,receiver and belt pack. It came on but within 30 minutess it failed agan. I could never recoment this to any professional performer.

When you call, mention priority code 143X-WRXP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976