When you call, mention priority code 1432-WTD6

Rating and Reviews: Whirlwind MC20 Mic Cable

Made to be flexible and durable while delivering great sound, Whirlwind MC20 XLR mic cables are a great choice for all your live sound needs.

"Good Quality for the price..." submitted June 14, 2012

By Bill Carroll
Musical Background: Sound Engineer/Producer
Music Style: ALL
Overall: I needed cables fast and saw the 10 pack of these Whirlwinds and boy was I surprised. I was actually expecting some cheap cables because of the price point and I was pleasantly surprised that these cables have put up with our very rough handling in our tour gear. I bought 20 of these cables and NONE of them have failed us yet and we're very rough on our cables. Kudos to Whirlwind for making great products continuously and for keeping the price down compared to other cable companies. I also have Whirlwind 100ft snakes too and with a little maintenance on a regular basis, they'll last for a very long time... Rated all great excpet for Support because I havn't needed them EVER (yet)...

"Excellent fully balanced cheap noise-free cable." submitted October 10, 2008

By a customer from coloroflyme.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: Sounds great, no noise at all. Feature: I bought a 18 pack of these, checked about 4 or 5 of them and they all seem to be 100% fully balanced, I use them on condensor mic's and they work great. they are also field servicable. Ease of Use: A cable, enough said. Quality: Pretty good. Value: WELL worth it, I recommend it to ANYONE. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them, never had to. The Wow Factor: It's a cable? come on. Overall: Very good product.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good for portable multitrack" submitted November 16, 2008

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Acitive Musician
Music Style: Metal and anything with double bass
Sound: I've go no noise out of these just the sound from my condenser. Feature: Rugged outside, made of rubber. About the same features as any other cable. Ease of Use: just plug them in. The are not loose at all. Quality: Very high quality. From the quality/price ratio, I would give these a 12 out of ten. They don't get wharm with phantom power. I use these alot during the week. I do portable recording and they havent failed me yet. ;) Value: Awesome value. This cannot be beat, plus the more you but the cheaper they are. Manufacturer Support: Havent dealt with them but with this low price you can just order more. The Wow Factor: Wanted them now I have them. Overall: Better then any quailty cable Ive ever had. I will buy more once I need them.
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good Cable for Less $" submitted July 27, 2008

By a customer from zoominternet.net
Musical Background: Recording Student
Sound: It sounds just fine as far as I can tell. I have used it with condenser mics with my Mbox 2 Pro supplying phantom power. I don't understand why people say these aren't balanced. Quality: It's not as rugged as some other cables I've used. However, it will last for a long time if you take care of it as you would with any other cable. Value: Great value! It's your standard mic cable. It just costs less. Overall: This is an affordable cable that gets the job done. It's nothing special, but it's balanced and works just fine.

"Best Cable Ever." submitted June 23, 2011

By a customer from doolindjs.com
Musical Background: Recording/ live sound Engineer
Music Style: country, rock, metal
Sound: The sound is Great. No problems ever. Feature: Connections are great. Most secure cable i have ever used. Quality: Is really good. I have 38 of these cords, I only use whirlwind cables in my studio and on stage. Value: The price does not reflect this product. I would pay $20 for this cable if I had to. Overall: If you are looking for a durable cable with great sound. Get these. Studio to the stage, they are the best.

"WORKS WITH CONDENSORS JUST FINE!!!" submitted February 11, 2007

Overall
Quality: All I can say is that this is excellent cable for the price. I have used condensor mics with this cable just fine. The only issue is that the xlr ends vibrate when connected to mics on rim mounts. All i did was tape the cable back to the mics and fixed the problem. Easy fix to get the cables at such a low price. Used it for recording with no problems.

"XLR cables for Microphones" submitted August 21, 2012

By Prafull Mehta in Manalapan, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years - mostly within close circle of friends and occasionally stage performances
Music Style: Indian music
Overall: I am very happy with this product. The quality of sound through these cables is very good.

"Not worth your time or money" submitted October 5, 2009

By a customer from austin.rr.com
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Everything
Sound: It works as a balanced line microphone cable with XLR connectors... but read on... Feature: The rubber strain reliefs are not clamped into the XLR connectors but simply snapped in like rubber grommet stuck in a hole. They easily pull out. When they pull out the solder connections then have to carry the load of any tugs on the cable. This makes the solder connections easy to break. Ease of Use: No different from any other cable of this type. Quality: Too bad the strain reliefs are so poorly anchored. I will try to expoxy them into the XLR connector's metal shells. I just bought these last week and used them this weekend. My guess is they won't last long. I'll probably end up buying new XLR connectors with screw clamps on the stain reliefs and reusing the wire. Therefore, these cables were NOT a bargain. Value: I just wish I hadn't bought disposable cables. Next time I'll look closer at the picture of the cables and pay attention to the connector strain reliefs. Manufacturer Support: I haven't bothered. $10 cables are disposable. The Wow Factor: I don't find cables "sexy" as suggested in the rating system for how bad I want something. I simply would never buy these again. Overall: Live and learn.

"Good Cord" submitted July 25, 2007

Overall
Sound: well i get a lil noise from it but what do you expect its 10 dollars. other than that it does work fine with phantompower and condenser microphones. i use a Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser with +48 phantom power and it works fine. good for price. if your startin off and/or low budget it it. Ease of Use: its a cord. i hooked it up and it works. thats all i gotta say Quality: you get a lil noise. if you want no noise i suggest spending a few extra bucks Value: 10 dollars is worth it for this. The Wow Factor: get it if your on a low budget. its worth it to use till you can afford something better. Overall: overall, for lowbuget rappers/rockers/etc get this one. it works fine and easy to use. but if you want better quality i suggest getting a better one.

"Similar free cable is true XLR" submitted June 20, 2006

Overall: I wanted to see if these cables really weren't balanced, and I have a similar one that came with an Audix kickdrum mic. Mine has identical connectors as these, the wire says "whirlwind" and EMC20, and it is in fact balanced and wired correctly. The picture here isn't the same wire, exactly, but if they were making unbalanced cheap-date cables that only work with dynamic mics I'd have got one as my free cable. I am skeptical- I doubt these are what the guy said, miswired. It's not anything fancy like starquad or foil shielded, but my 'free 20 foot Whirlwind cable' is still a true XLR cable.

"Not up to Whirlwind name" submitted December 30, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Tech director for House of worship. Professional audio technician
Quality: We returned these as soon as we saw they weren't the same Whirlwind materials we know and love. Some times imported is OK but there is nothing about these cables that resembles real whirlwind cables. Its a cheap sellout. Value: Spend double the money and get a real cable with quality name brand fittings.

Whirlwind MC20 Mic Cable Customer Review submitted February 17, 2007

Quality: THIS DOES CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH PHANTOM POWER!!! i couldnt figure out why my interface was running so warm and why it reset itself so much. i replaced this cable and no problems. DO NOT BUY IT FOR USE WITH CONDENSER MICS!!!

"These are NOT balanced cables!!!" submitted June 12, 2005

Overall
Value: Get what you pay for Manufacturer Support: N/A Overall: These are NOT balanced cables! They are unbalanced cables with XLR connectors on them. The have connected the negative signal pin to ground. This means that you will pick up hum, condenser mics will not work, and that this can be dangerous to use on mixers with phantom power. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

When you call, mention priority code 1432-WTD6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976