When you call, mention priority code 161F-6V8G

Rating and Reviews: Way Huge Swollen Pickle

This pedal delivers more gainy, ripping fuzz than you've ever heard. Its Loudness knob has enough volume on tap to push your fuzzed-out guitar to the front.

"Super Versatile. Tons of Volume, Fuzz and Tones" submitted July 16, 2013

By Steve S in Miami, FL
Overall
Sound: Great Sound. A little more aggressive sounding than I expected but its great. Works great with a distorted amp or as a stand alone fuzz on a clean amp. oh yeah it sounds big. The more the crunch knob or the sustain knob go clockwise the louder this thing gets! It'll get you some smooth soft fuzz or an aggressive wall of fuzz. There are so many unique sounds that you will only get with this pedal, whether or not its useable is up to you and your tastes. Oh and it plays nice with all of my delay, reverb, wah, and modulation pedals. Feature: Lots of volume, almost an inhuman amount on tap. Lots of Fuzz on tap. the crunch knob really lets you get a big open sounding fuzz or a tight compressed aggressive muff with a lot of bite. The Scoop lets you get some Muff sounds. or something completely scooped, or a fuzz that cuts thru the mix unlike others can get lost. Ease of Use: Ease of Use is where this thing kind of flops. This is definitely a tweaker's pedal. I'm always tweaking the knobs catching and hearing all of the subtle differences. But if it was up to me I would leave the knobs all at noon and call it a day and it would still sound good, fuzzy and LOUD! Quality: Super Well Made. The Switch is silent. Super Bright LED. Value: For the price, I definitely recommend that you try before you buy it. Because it might not be your sound. But for 130 its well made, True bypass and a bright blue LED you can see under any stage. Plus, its versatility is great without going way over the top like a fuzz factory. Manufacturer Support: Nope no need and don't think ill need to. this thing is a tank. The Wow Factor: Dude it straight up sounds great. The quality is there. The pedal isn't that huge unlike the name implies. Its smaller than my EHX small clone. The pedal is worth it and its multiple sounds. Its a good middle ground between a Big Muff being classic and smooth and bassy and a Mastotron/Fuzz Factory being modern and aggressive and trebly. Plus, I haven't seen a bad review. Took a little getting used to but its versatility is what really makes this pedal good. All sounds from Aggressive big muff Overall: This Pedal has a lot of volume. I mean WAY more than any other pedal I've ever tried. Pounds of fuzz on this thing too.Way more aggressive than i expected. This is definitely a tweaker's fuzz. I'm not one of those types of players. So, it was frustrating for a bit trying to get the sound I wanted. But I was able to. Honestly, I can do some crazy fuzz stuff and it sounds huge and clear!! I can do light fuzz all the way to over the top Buzzy Squashed compressed fuzz that sustains for days. Old school fuzz and Sluge Metal tones can all be found here. Some tones aren't useable in my opinion,but only when you put filter knob lower than 10 o clock. Then it just has a weird sound which I kinda like. If you like plug n play type of pedals, i say give it a try before you buy. Sounds equally good on bass. Really lets you get a lot of different fuzzes. From a Big Muff with a little more bite down to unique sounds that only this pedal could get you. This thing is quiet. No Noise even with the fuzz maxed out. This thing is loud!! To me Its ridiculously versatile, and I haven't even used the internal trim pots yet. Lastly, this won't do all of the crazy oscillations n really whacked out tones and noises like a fuzz factory or red witch Fuzzgod. You can still get feedback which I love. But for a REALLY TWEAKABLE and customizable Fuzz without all of the crazy noises and oscillations. Its Great though.

"Awesome Fuzz Box, Glad I gambled on Way Huge" submitted February 8, 2014

By Laurence Scroggins in Pismo Beach, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 17 years playing guitar, 3 years fooling around with Maschine and Synths.
Music Style: Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Hip Hop, Electronica.
Overall: I have never used Way Huge pedals, but after combining this with my Vox AC15C1, I am sold. The little Vox has a decent amount of overdrive, but it can't reach the modern tones of bands such as Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, etc. I consider 90's alt rock modern. The bread and butter of this pedal is its versatility. It doesn't have one sound that can be modulated, it has numerous sounds and can cover a lot of styles of overdriven music. You tweak the internal and external settings just right, you can achieve anything from the somewhat muddy Bush overdrive, to the crisp focused overdrive of metal. Yes it does take time to find the right combo of settings, there are 7 controllable parameters, two of which are hidden inside the unit and can only be accessed once you remove all 4 screws on the back. Took those internal controls to 12 o clock, kept the loudness control at 9 o clock, sustain at 12 o clock, and from there you can get a lot of different sounds tweaking the crunch, scoop, and filter knobs. The crunch, filter, and sustain seem to be the most important tone shapers when paired with my AC15C1. This pedal, and the AC15C!, are pretty sensitive to your guitars settings too. If everything is maxed out on your rig, you may not get the clarity your expecting, but you will get a hell of a lot of fuzz. I'm playing a Gibson Firebird Non-Reverse (the one with 3 soap bar pickups and my official start killer). I need to be very careful with how much i push my pickups, because it does negatively affect the saturation and sustain of the swollen pickle. Everyone who complains about this pedal needs to explore it more. Once its dialed in to either that muddy low end distortion, or that aggressive modern distortion, it will blow your mind. And for anyone wondering how it pairs with a Vox AC15/ AC30, it fills the modern fuzz gap that the Vox leaves open without a fuzz box. I really like the blues fuzz that I can get from the Vox, but the Swollen Pickle gives it an entirely new personality. Buy it, you won't regret it.

"All that and more" submitted January 5, 2010

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: Alt Rock/garage rock/indie rock
Sound: The sound gets you everything from the russian to american big muff. You have to surrender your tone to this machine. The first time I ever plugged it in I did a small bit of tweaking and it just sounded more professional than an EH pedal. Feature: Its a fuzz pedal, so the baseline is "not to versatile"- but here you get some extra scoop versatility and crunch versatility. Ease of Use: A bit lower, but its worth it once you get to know it. Quality: Its tough enough for you- if you take care of it. Value: You get what you pay for, its worth it. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: Its called a "swollen pickle" its silly, but stupidly sexy. Overall: I own all of the way huge reissues. I replaced an tube screamer, big muff, russian muff and a few boss pedals with these. THey may not be boutique in the true sense, but for "production cars" they are the best- the sound quality and interaction with other pedals is superb. You won't be disappointed.

"Meh." submitted December 7, 2009

Music Style: Alt-Opera
Sound: It's sounds decent. The difficulty here stems not so much from the pedal itself, but from my inability to dial in a proper setting. Most of the combinations I've managed to come up with give me that "blanket over your amp feeling" or have heaps of artificial sounding compression or some other glaring defect. Feature: The scoop and crunch trim pots on the outside of the box are a nice touch...and there are still two more trim pots on the inside. If you were so inclined you could spend a lifetime dialing in different tones with this. Ease of Use: If you like experimenting, and dialing up tons of wild sounds, you will not have a problem achieving that goal. If you are trying to transfer that one specific sound in your head into reality, you might find it a bit more difficult. Sometimes two many options are not a good thing. Quality: Seems well made. I expect good things here. Same parent company as MXR and those pedals hold up well after falling out of moving cars. Value: This pedal is trading on the Way Huge name from the early 90s here. I knew that going into it, but the obvious versatility this pedal offered suckered me in. A Russian Big Muff for less then 60 bucks will get you much closer to both David Gilmour and Black Sabbath tones, so unless you are looking for something that really lets you dial up some odd tones, I'd give this one a pass. For the price, I don't think it holds up when compared to some of the offerings from smaller companies like MJM, Barber, or Blackout Effectors. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had the need. The Wow Factor: It looks like a Way Huge...maybe Digitech can resurrect Lovetone and these guys can duke it out for most disappointing 90s reissue. Overall: It's been a while (18 months) since Mr. Huge resurfaced as a subsidiary of Dunlop and tested the waters with a 3 pedal initial offereing. Since then, the only new pedal they released is the Angry Troll (which hasn't exactly taken off...I don't think they even carry it at Zzounds). I just doesn't seem like the magic is there with these.

When you call, mention priority code 161F-6V8G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976