When you call, mention priority code 12DW-7LCJ

Rating and Reviews: Washburn WD15SCE Acoustic

Get a solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and a Fishman preamp for an affordable price with the WD15SCE dreadnought acoustic-electric from Washburn.

"Great Value" submitted March 4, 2012

By Merritt R in Cincinnati, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 45 years, See top.
Music Style: Contemp Christian, Rock, Country
Sound: I'm normally a rosewood guy. I love the ringing trebles and the booming bass. I like the mahogany tone also on higher end solid wood guitars, but to me the sound of laminates seem to suffer a little more with mahogany than rosewood. That isn't the case with this guitar. I couldn't be happier with the tone acoustically. Feature: The electronics are as good as any I've used. My friends 400 series taylor doesn't sound any better plugged in (or unplugged as far as that goes). And he has no tuner. The tuner is close, but check with a high end Seiko tuner it isn't dead on the money, but close enough for an on board. Ease of Use: Plug it in, tweak it until you're happy. Quality: This was possibly the most surprising aspect of the guitar to me. I wasn't expecting this level of quality. The body, fretboard and headstock binding were all maple wood, or a really good replica and looks fantastic. Can't notice any overglue or shoddy workmanship inside the body either. Fit and Finish is superb. Value: A+ Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Like the abalone to me it's worth the extra 100. Overall: I have been playing for over 45 years owning a Martin D-28, Alverez Yairi Signature Series, Les Paul, American Strat Deluxe. I now play mostly at home for my own enjoyment, still play at church, mostly contemporary christian. As others have said regarding Washburn solid tops, the value is unbeatable. Price and Brand aside, I would rank this among the best playing, sounding and built guitars I've played. I've owned a few other Asian cheap guitars including 4 Fender. A couple of the Fenders were twice the price as this guitar and not 1/2 as good. The reason I chose this over the WD10sce is I Like abalone. If I'm gonna play a cheap guitar, might as well look good. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either based on my experience with this one.

"This guitar is feel worth the $$, and ZZsounds is the best!!" submitted January 7, 2012

Musical Background: playing guitar for 40 years non-professional
Music Style: 50's, 60's Buffet, Fogelberg
Sound: Sounds great Feature: on board tuners works great Ease of Use: action was set low, very easy to play Quality: I just received it, and so I have no history here. However, it appears to be well made Value: I feel it is a steal at the price I paid Manufacturer Support: I've dealr with Washburn before, and they were easy to work with Overall: I would indeed replace it if it was lost or stolen

Washburn WD15SCE Acoustic Customer Review submitted December 8, 2011

Musical Background: Professionally
Music Style: Rock, Christian
Sound: The strings it came with are very bright sounding .. put on a set of elixers and brought out the bass tones. Sounds really good for a cheaper guitar. Feature: Tuner works great and sounds great plugged in as well. Quality: Only owned it for a short time so longevity is not something I can speak for. It does feel well made though. Value: You cant beat the price

"Better than Good !!" submitted January 19, 2013

By Frankster frankster in boondocks by the bay, VA
Music Style: folk / rock / christian worship music
Sound: sweet sound full sounding well balance great for strumming or lead work Feature: Its an acoustic with great sound and action not a lot of features Ease of Use: very easy to play sounds like it should Quality: Very high quality I have no doubt that it will last .Its a washburn they've been around forever Value: This guitar IMHO is well worth the price and then some many other brands are extreamly over priced and dont sound half as good nor do they play as well Manufacturer Support: I have in the past with other washburns they were very friendly and helpfull The Wow Factor: This guitar is very elegantly beautiful Overall: This guitar came out of the box almost playing itself . Let me say this, the picture here dosn't do it any favors this is a very elegantly beautiful guitar and the sound that comes from it unplugged it perfect not too much bass or treble or mids but just the right amount of everything with a smooth well ballanced very musical sound. The action is easy and sweet. The preamp is ok but not pro grade but hey what do you expect for this price ? A pro preamp would easily up the price by at least $300 and it is a fishman so an upgrade is simple and very easy to do yourself but dont get me wrong its good enuff to play out with its just not top of the line but the guitar is .....This guitar is much better sounding and playing than many other way higher priced guitars .. I tried several others costing in the $1000 range and was disapointed .. Washburn acoustics are nice and always have been and now that the online stores are starting to carry more than just the bottom line washburns Im sure I will be buying and playing washburn again. Im hoping zzounds gets in some of the higher end models so I can obtain a few of them

"Very very nice !" submitted January 15, 2013

By frankster frankster in by the bay, VA
Musical Background: worship leader 10 years
Music Style: acoustic folk rock style christian worship
Overall: This is a really nice guitar much nicer with a much better sound tone and playability than many higher priced so called top of the line guitar ...I tried many other calling myself trying to upgrade but came right back to washburn . I just am not gonna pay 7 to 18 hundered $$ or more for a laminant backed guitar when these washburns sound look and play better for way less .It's a no brainer this is a fine guitar .Now that being said it will need an upgrade on the pre amp and pickup but thats no big deal it's not that it has junk in it it is a fishman but its a low end fishman ..I will install an Lr baggs in this and have a pro gigging guitar

When you call, mention priority code 12DW-7LCJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976