When you call, mention priority code 14PS-63R1

Rating and Reviews: Washburn WD-15S Acoustic

This is both well-made and affordable. The Alaskan sitka spruce top offers a full, rich tone.

"Great guitar" submitted February 25, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Music Style: alternative country
Sound: I love the sound of this guitar I have always been a fan of Washburn guitars and last year I got to play a Southwest series and I loved the sound and feel of the guitar I recently started to look for one but they were out of my price range But after doing my research I decided on this guitar the wd 15s and let me say it is a wonderful sounding guitar it is warm and bright I really made a great choice. Feature: One reason I chose this guitar was because of it solid top and mahagany back and sides. The pictures shown in the add for this guitar do not do it justice I was so happy with it looks when it arived much better then the picture shows It is one beautiful guitar. I would say the only thing to make this better would be a bone nut and bridge and pegs Ease of Use: Very easy to use when it arrives tune it and play no fret buzz at all. Very comfortable neck. This guitar is awesome. Quality: My guitar came to me flawless its quality looks like that of a thousand dollar guitar. Value: The value of this guitar is great if you want a great sounding guitar and dont have the cash to buy in the upper dollar range. I would consider this guitar you will be just as pleased with it. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed sopport but I am sure it would be great The Wow Factor: I Believe this is one sexy instrument the abalone rosette and biding look stunning and its wood colloring and grain are gorgeous. Overall: Buy it you will not be disapointed

Washburn WD-15S Acoustic Customer Review submitted December 2, 2011

Overall
Sound: I was super excited to receive this guitar in the mail. I thought it would be the perfect first guitar for me. It's just so beautiful. The other reviews were correct, the picture does not do justice to the beauty of this guitar. The second I got it I took it to our local guitar store for tuning but unfortunately, it was broken and couldn't be tuned. To my disappointment it had to be shipped back immediately. :( Feature: It's solid top and absolutely beautiful. I'm a girly girl, I wanted a looker for a guitar. Manufacturer Support: They were very friendly and nice. When I told them it must have been damaged upon shipping they e-mailed me the stuff to ship it back immediately. They offered an exchange but truthfully, I couldn't wait to get it and didn't want to wait to receive another. Guitars are very sensitive to cold/dry weather... I got free ground shipping to Wisconsin (in the winter) I believe that's why it broke. The Wow Factor: I did really want this guitar and was super bummed to send it back. She's truly a beaut. Overall: Looks alone this guitar would get a 10. I never got the opportunity to play it so I wouldn't know. My good friend who has had 15 years of guitar playing under his belt highly recommends Washburn guitars.

"So glad I got this guitar." submitted April 18, 2012

By Adam Carpenter in Charleston, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Acoustic guitar. Six months experience.
Music Style: I like to learn all different styles to learn to be a well rounded musician.
Sound: Sounds great. But I can only really compare with the aforementioned thirty dollar guitar and the little time I've spent at guitar stores playing others. Feature: The feature that stands out the most is the abalone. Other people have said it and I agree, "The pictures don't do it justice." Ease of Use: The satin neck makes fingering easier. Quality: Seems good but I'm not an expert. Value: I value the guitar very highly. It's my first new guita so it means a lot to me. Again I'm not an expert but I think most people agree that Washburn makes good wuality acoustics for the price. Manufacturer Support: Did not deal with them. The Wow Factor: I've been playing for about six months on a guitar that I got from a friend for thirty dollars. I stuck with it but was never satisfied with the sounds I was making. this new guitar has definitely renewed my enthusiasm for learning and playing. If you are thinking about quitting guitar and you've been learning on a cheapie, dont quit! Buy a better guitar! I can definitely recommend a Washburn now that I own one. (I've played a seagull and they're also excellent for the money.) Overall: I LOVE ZZOUNDS! Who knows how long it woul have taken me to save this money. (just a horrible saver.) I have almost no credit history but was approved for the four payments in no time. I'm so happy.

"I have been playing for close to 45 years, have played alot of fine instruments, that I could not get enough of, and played alot" submitted September 8, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Playing for me now, my gig days are over.
Music Style: Country, blues,alittle bit of rock & roll.
Sound: Sound of this guitar is that of more pricey models. I in all fairness cannot say it has as good of volume and tone than a Martin, but if you have never played a martin, then you won't notice the difference. The only guitar that I think even comes close to this is maybe a Ibanez Artwood 1000.00 dollar model. I believe that the quality of this instrument, is a plus, the only thing that would of made it better, is a pickguard, but you can get a inexpensive classy looking stick on that will dress it up and protect your wood top. The guitar also came setup, with very nice action, and the thin neck makes bar cords, and change overs easy and their is no strain to butter up and down the fret board, making hammers,and pull offs very sweet. Feature: great materials went into the luthiering of these guitars, but I am still bothered that this did not come with a pick guard. I added a pickguard to mine, it does effect sounding a slight amount, but not enough to complain about. I picked out one that is stick on, that looks very similar to the Gibson hummingbird, looks pretty flashy, and does protect the top from scratches if you get carried away like your in a mosh pit. Ease of Use: Very playable, like butter, great action, and sweet sounding. very mellow. Quality: honestly I don't know how they can make such a fine guitar for the price, I know these things are massed produced, but they look and sound like a high dollar custom built. Value: I looked online, and found no one offering the pay as play deals like ZZound.com. There are others out their but they didn't offer the wide selection and terms that zzounds offers. I got my product shipped quickly, and impeccably packed, You can tell that just the way this was packed and shipped you are dealing with a quality asurance company. Manufacturer Support: I only can trust that the support will be there if I need it. I know the sales support staff is very knowledgeable, I hope I never have to call repair support in my life time. The Wow Factor: feels awesome to hold, when standing with guitar strap on, because like martin, the guitar is shallow more in the top, verses the back, it places the neck at a comfortable angle, tilting back just enough to make you more relaxed playing with less arm strain. If you are playing 2 or 3 sets a night, it does matter how fatigue your arms can get. With older more traditional style guitars, the next day I couldn't raise my arm to poor coffee, that doesn't happen with this baby. Overall: This product exceeds my expectations, I love it so much I think I will give it a nickname. lol

"Washburn WD15S" submitted August 18, 2012

By Joshua J in West Lafayette, IN
Musical Background: Played less than two years
Music Style: Retro rock and country
Overall: This guitar is awesome!!! Great price, great sound, and fantastic looks. I love this guitar. I have owned three Margins, Alvarez and Epiphone. For the money this beats them all.

When you call, mention priority code 14PS-63R1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976