When you call, mention priority code 172Y-MT51

Rating and Reviews: Washburn B9 Banjo

Ideal for first-time pickers or old pros looking for a back-up, the Washburn B9 is an outstanding value in a classic banjo.

"Washburn B9 banjo" submitted March 11, 2014

By Philip Fielder in Madera, CA
Musical Background: Hand drums for many years
Music Style: Mostly strong percussion music, Latin and salsa style preferred.
Overall: I am still in the learning portion of my banjo adventure. My first purchase was a basement bargain, should have left it in the basement. I spotted the Washburn B9 as I was surfing through ZZounds and ordered it. Wow, what a difference, it stays in tune, feels more comfortable, sounds better. I know it is supposed to be on the lower scale, but feel this will be my playing banjo for several years. I am 69 years old and this is an exciting adventure. Old dogs can and do learn new tricks. Check out this awesome banjo, you won't be disappointed.

"Washburn B9 Banjo" submitted November 7, 2012

By Daryl Davison in Virginia Beach, VA
Musical Background: 40 year For pleasure
Music Style: country, blues
Overall: Very Nice Banjo, Great Price and Fast Shipping

"Best "beginner" banjo EVER! " submitted April 22, 2012

By Christian Ehrnst in Ames, IA
Overall
Musical Background: I have played the drums for 12 years, and love picking up a new instrument to learn.
Music Style: rock, bluegrass, hip-hop, beatstep
Overall: The Washburn B9 far exceeded my expectations and will be in my collection forever. The finish is absolutely beautiful and came without any flaws. After setting the bridge up and tuning, it sounds GREAT! Take a look at this video if you want to see a full look around: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxgLKJdHf8s If you are a beginner in the banjo world, this is the one for you. It is priced low in the "beginner" category, but is a high quality instrument. This thing will last you forever and is suitable for advanced players as well.

"Washburn B9 5 string banjo" submitted February 11, 2014

Musical Background: I play for my own pleasure
Overall: I have recently retired and have always wanted to play the banjo. I picked this one after several months of research. It suits my needs as a beginner and sounded great right out of the box. I set the bridge, tuned it up and began to strum cords.

"Totally amazed Washburn, I'll keep in touch!" submitted December 14, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: Active musician and recording engineer.
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Rock, Jazz, Blues etc.
Sound: I was amazed at how well the Washburn B9 sounded. Mine sounded great right out of the box, with no ajustments other than tuning it. At this price! That's the amazing part. It's loud, clean and clear. It plays well with other too. Like electric, bass and acoustic guitars. Feature: I wish it came with a case, but for this price I can buy it a new one. Ease of Use: Like I said before, mine sounded great right out of the box. The action and intonation were dead on. All I had to do was tune it and it wasn't that far out of tune. It plays beautifully Quality: The B9 is well built. The factory quality control is very impressive. I'm used to doing at least some set up work on my instruments - this needed nothing! There is not a blemish on it, the finnish is beautiful. The hard ware is chrome, but again the price. It's very dependable. I would recommend a second banjo for other tunings only. For ease of use on stage. Like I said earlier, I wish it came with a case and only God knows how long it will last. I think it will be quit a while. Value: I think it is well worth the price, absolutely! This is my first Washburn product. Up until now I thought they were cheeply made. I've have always bought Gibson, Fender, Martin, Carvin etc. instruments. I bought this because I wanted something I could go on the road with that I wouldn't have to worry about. Now, for completely other reasons, I don't worry about this one at all. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it. The Wow Factor: This is a beautiful instrument. Feels great in your hand and play wonderfully. I'm glad to add it to my setup. Overall: I plan to keep this in my setup for as long as it lasts. I'll definetly supplement it with something else, but that's what I'd do anyways. I researched a lot of other banjo's and decided on this (and I so glad I did), because of it's quality and workmanship. For this price (or an even higher price) I don't think you will find a better banjo. If this were ever to be stolen I wouldn't think twice about getting another one just like it. I like it best for it's beauty, playability, and sound!
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Wow! Not bad at all!!!" submitted January 6, 2011

Musical Background: 45 yrs (yes 45 yrs!) Musician and audio engineer
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Rock, Jazz, Blues etc.
Sound: This is a good quality sounding banjo. In fact, for the price I paid I'd say it is an excellant quality and sounding instrument. It sounds great all by itself and with other instruments (it's sound cuts right through). I use it for recording and live. I use an AKG C-3000-B mic at the base of the neck and a AKG C-1000-S between the bridge and the tail piece. I run the mic's through a PreSonus pre-amp and I am good to go whether live or recording. Feature: It's a standard 5 string banjo. I like the fact that it has a bound neck and that it has a machine head on the 5th string. Ease of Use: Mine sounded and played great right out of the box. I usually have to spend time setting the action and intonation, but not with this Washburn B-9. This thing plays great and sounds good. I got this as an as needed back up instrument (just in case) and it fits the bill nicely. I am not afraid to use this whenever the need arrises. Quality: This is a well made inexpensive banjo (very well made). Mine came looking great and sounding good. I can get right on this thing and it handles nicely. I can and do depend on this, but I always have a back up. In fact I bought this to be my back up. It seems well built. The finish is beautiful. Value: For this price I should have bought two and I just might. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it! The Wow Factor: This thing looks great! It's a practical addition to my setup. Overall: I expect to keep this for as long as it lasts. I would replace it with another B-9 in a heartbeat. This so much better than anything else in it's price range (and then some). I tried them all! It's exactly what I was hoping for and more (at this price range). I wish I new how nice it was before I started looking. It would have saved me alot of time. I used to think Washburn was a cheeper quality product and never even looked at them, but from now on when I need a new instrument I'll give them a shot as well.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 172Y-MT51. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976