When you call, mention priority code 14YS-62T4

Rating and Reviews: Washburn B120 Banjo

With an aged look to match its classic tone, the Washburn B120 offers all the best of Washburn's 125 year legacy of excellence.

"AAA rated product !" submitted July 15, 2011

Music Style: bluegrass
Sound: over all this is a good banjo for the money ! Feature: the sound is great it doesnt have that really high tinney sound , it sounds more like the rolled brass types , it came with an awesome hardshell case that has already proved its salt ! Ease of Use: The Banjo plays quite well and the action right out of the box was not too bad at all ! The Wow Factor: it does look as if it is already a hundred years old , something like my grandfather would have handed down ! i was not a beleive until i saw it for myslef !!
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Banjo!" submitted December 23, 2010

Music Style: bluegrass
Sound: Great sound, I was using a fender banjo, not sure which model, but this thing blew it out of the water. The fender had more of a tinny sound to it, while the washburn was louder and had more of an earthy tone to it. Feature: Overall the banjo is very sweet, the only thing Im not realy happy with is the hand gaurd is slightly wabbly, but it doesnt affect playing at all, and should be able to make it stiffer with some adjustments. Also the hand gaurd has a bit of a different engraving from the tone ring, and is slightly different colored. Still looks good, but it stands out a little. Ease of Use: The action is great, easy to play vs. other banjos that I have played. I havent had to adjust anything except the bridge. great sound out of the box. Quality: I purchased a blemished model, and there are very minor things here and there, but you really need to nitpik to see much wrong with it. It is a very solid instrument. You could tell someone had played this one, because the strings had a little corrosion on them. Overall, very happy with it, and I have no doubt that It will last my lifetime. Value: Compared to what I have see out there, I think it was a good value. But I did buy the blemished one, so I saved a fair amount there. Not sure if I would have sprung for the full price banjo, but I think it is a great machine. Manufacturer Support: No The Wow Factor: It is a beautiful banjo, the colors, and engraving are very nice. Overall: I dont think I will get rid of it ever, I may buy more as I am just a beginner, but this one will last me a long time before I feel the need to get a different one.
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome Banjo !" submitted April 11, 2012

By Lee Ann R in Cypress, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Over 30 years. Worship leader, music teacher. I play guitar, piano, drums, flute, violin, banjo, harmonica, recorder
Music Style: Rock, country, Christian
Overall: The Washburn B120 5-string banjo is an amazing banjo. The quality and workmanship is awe inspiring. Plays like butter - outstanding sound and action. Easy setting up the bridge and the banjo was ready to play. It feels great to hold. I love everything about this banjo. Washburn -if you're reading this - thank you ! Awesome banjo !

"Nice banjo, a bit different" submitted April 27, 2014

By Jim D
Overall
Overall: As others have noted, the B120 has a bit darker sound than many banjos. This can be nice for a change. It isn't muddy, but just not as bright and jangly as many similar priced banjos. Quality of construction is pretty good, as expected for this price range of a Chinese made banjo, Tuners seem to work fine and banjo stays in pitch. I really like the satin finished maple neck...it has a nice fast feel. The satin resonator is ..well..I think..a bit ugly. ( Maybe I'll refinish it someday. The engraved brass(?) parts are OK...nice to be a bit different than the usual chrome, nickel or gold finished tension hoop, etc. Overall a nice, well playing banjo with a good fit and finish. Maybe you pay a $100-$150 more for the engraved parts than if the banjo was less embellished, but you will enjoy this banjo once you set it up to your liking. By the way, I purchased a blemished model and I think I can identify the blemish and it is immaterial as far as I am concerned. Good value.

"Washburn B120 Distressed" submitted April 17, 2012

By Dave T
Musical Background: Play professionaly guitar. www.davetwissell.com
Music Style: www.davetwissell.com
Overall: Bought this because it looked so cool!!! With the help of u tube and the banjo hangout I set the action, tightened the head, fitted a new bridge, set the intonation and tightened up the machine heads. This banjo now punches well above it's weight! Fantastic buy I love it.

When you call, mention priority code 14YS-62T4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976