When you call, mention priority code 175W-SDXT

Rating and Reviews: Vox Pathfinder 15R Amp

Put your tone in good hands with the Vox Pathfinder 15R. The Pathfinder features spring reverb and ample tonal control for great sound.

"it thinks it's a tube amp" submitted December 4, 2009

Overall
Sound: Some people describe this as "the solid state amp that thinks it's a tube amp," which is a fair description, but I would add that it thinks it's a Vox tube amp. I've had tube amps that didn't sound as good as this little amp. The Pathfinder sounds like a Vox, and for anyone who is a Vox fan, you'll know what I mean. It is an amp that is nearly perfect for practice and studio work, but I have also done small gigs with it with great results. Feature: The Pathfinder has everything that I need, personally. The inclusion of tremolo (and a good sounding tremolo at that) is especially appreciated. I think tremolo is a very underrated effect. I don't use the boost much, because it gets LOUD! I prefer to dial in a good sound from the normal channel and use some effects to tart it up if necessary, but honestly the amp sounds fine running straight from the guitar to the amp. The parts and the materials are good, but I wish everyone would stop using plastic input and output jacks. However, at this price, no manufacturer at all uses metal input and output jacks. That's the only weak point. And to be fair I haven't had a problem with the input and output jacks, it's just something to keep an eye on based on past experience with other amps. Ease of Use: The Pathfinder 15 is very easy to use and fun to tweak. There are a lot of good sounds in the amp, and the controls interact with each other effectively, which cannot be said of other amps in this size and price range. It's far more responsive and flexible than any other amp of its type. Quality: The product is well made indeed. I have one of the first ones that came out, to be honest, and it's still running strong. I have actually gigged with this amp, as well as recording with it, and it's never let me down. That sounds strange to say about a sub-$200 amp but that's my experience. Value: I think the Vox Pathfinder 15 is the best buy in a sub-$200 practice amp, without a doubt. Granted you don't get bells and whistles like onboard effects, tuners, etc., etc. - you can go to the VT series for that - but what you do get for the money is a small solid-state amp that in many cases sounds, reacts, and performs like a "real amp." It'll sit up and bark for ya. Like I said, I have a tube amp that I don't like as well as the little Vox. Manufacturer Support: Never needed any upgrades or repairs to this, and never had a need to contact the company, so I can't really say. The Wow Factor: The amp has a classically Vox look that is very pleasing to my eye. It doesn't give you a light show when you turn it on or anything like that; the look of the amp is very Vox. It looks very '60s and British, understated and classy. Overall: This amp served me well for many years until I gave it to my nephew as a present with his first good electric guitar, and it's still working for him. I like my nephew but I wish I had kept the amp! I am going to buy another one for myself. I think this is the best amp of its type, in its price range. Certainly performs and sounds a lot better than a Line 6, a Peavey, or the Marshall MG range. It's easy to practice with and easy to record with. An all around winner in my opinion.

"Great Practice amp...Well Worth Your Money!!!" submitted January 1, 2008

By a customer from gmail.net
Musical Background: Playing guitar 2yrs, in band
Music Style: Punk, Experimental, Grunge, Emo, Metal, Hard Rock,
Sound: Sounds totally rockin! Feature: The footswitchable gain boost and tremolo are great! i use that the most... The Reverb is on all the time and it worx great still! great amount of distortion u can plug out of it. Ease of Use: Really Easy to use! All the settings are pretty right there...aha.. Quality: Amp its built really strong...and can take a lot...(but no to much) Value: Amazing value!! So Cheap for a amp! You Get So much for your money! Manufacturer Support: Vox will answer any Questions! Very Helpful. The Wow Factor: erm...ah...it doesnt look as tasty as the Line 6 Spider III 75...but it does look as sexy as a regular traditional vox amp. Overall: i gave this amp a 9 cause it doesnt have to many features. But yes it has alot for your money.Its not a waste at all! i use this amp to practice at home and use with my band...I love this amp..It truly Great!... VOX all the way!

"Vox Pathfinder, Simply a great amp for you practice time!" submitted September 12, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Christian, Country
Sound: OK, first thing to understand this is a practice amp, not a concert wall of amps and should be measured by that standard! It has a 8" speaker that does a great job at bedroom levels, which is is designed for, having said that it preform perfectly. I don't think you can go wrong with this, if your looking for modeling tones or a super aggressive overdrive, then look else where. However if you want a great tone out of a little amp, this is it! If you mic it, it sounds really good and works great for that application. Feature: Again lets measure this amp by what it was design to do. In my opinion, if meets and passes with flying colors. The tremolo is nice and appears to be voiced at the right level, not to heavy but at the same time not to faint. Ease of Use: Very easy to get great tone and simple design for the starting musician! Quality: I don't think you can beat it for the price and if you take care of it, it should last a lifetime, something to past down to your budding rock star children!! Value: Super value. Manufacturer Support: I haven't used them, no need to, so I must give them a 10. Innocent until proven guilty...Right? The Wow Factor: A practical addition. Overall: I bought this for a practice amp, nothing more nothing less. It is awesome and I don't plan on a replacement.

"A must have amp for any style or level"

Music Style: rock, funk, blues
Sound: For this price it doesn't get any better. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like with an external speaker. Beautiful rich and singing clean sounds with overdrive capable of a dry sharp distortion to a wet heavy sound. Absolutely amazing for the price. Feature: reverb and tremolo,plus excellent distorted sound.

"The best I have owned since my original AC30" submitted February 21, 2008

By a customer from webmail.co.za
Musical Background: Active Muso
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: This little amp has big balls Feature: I use a GT8 so the effects and features don't bother me, the tops seem a bit bright with my strat but great with the PRS Ease of Use: Nothin too it Quality: Mine was left out in the rain a couple of time and when I switched it on after a few days drying time it was okay. Value: In my country everything that is imported is expensive so to give you a better understanding of how inexpensive this amp is it's the same price as 290 loves of bread. Manufacturer Support: Never needed support. The Wow Factor: The only thing I don't like is the plastic gold plated VOX emblem in front, it looks cheap. Overall: I was looking at buying a Fender twin reverb, but for what I do this will do.

"The little VOX that could!!" submitted May 6, 2006

Musical Background: Active
Music Style: Rock,blues,Metal and folk
Sound: Sounds great! It has a full sound,and speaks well,no matter what I tell It to say! Feature: Does cool things when you turn the controls. And It's nice to have the footswitch alongside my other effects. Had to buy the footswitch though. Ease of Use: What could be easier? Quality: Well made. Feel as If I got a Diamond for the price of a chunk of coal! Value: A great amp for the money. Manufacturer Support: Unknown. The Wow Factor: Looks so cool I want another one, so I can have the look and the sound In stereo! Overall: Gives me the feel of a good partner in music when I play through It. It's a great little coffee shop/practice amp. If It stays with me, I'll stay with It.

"Good sound, good looks, a good practice amp." submitted May 16, 2005

Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz
Sound: Very nice sound. Warm and clear. The OD boost channel doesn't sound all that great, but other than that it is great. The Tremelo is a cool sound. Gets loud, but sounds good a lower volumes...a good practice amp. Feature: The OD isn't all that great...sounds too harsh, but you can get some nice sounds by turning up the gain knob. Wish the foot switch came standard. Quality: Feels solid, but there is a bit of buzz at high volumes...or it could be the windows and floor in my apartment that are buzzing... Value: Yes. For the price it sounds good and esp. if you're just starting out you can really get a good feel for what sounds your guitar is capable of making. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used customer service... The Wow Factor: Looks cool. Looks like an amp with some class. Nice retro look. Overall: Not sure I'd replace it for a while. It's a great practice amp. Not sure it would do well in larger club. Nice clean sound without all the "modelling" getting in the way--let's your style of playing come through and is great for those just starting because it doesn't hide the sound of your guitar behind a bunch of effects.

"Go ahead and get it." submitted August 1, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Active musician for about 35 years.
Music Style: I hope my own by now. lol. Really, I play all types of music.
Sound: Great tone with low end balls. I couldn't believe it was coming out of an 8 inch speaker. It'll handle small gigs easily. I also used it at an outdoor gig with a mic. I tried it out against similar sized Cubes, Marshalls, Peavys, and Blues Jr. but I kept going back to the Pathfinder. I liked the Blues Jr. but the Vox had more features, was lighter in weight and had more tone and sustain for the bucks. I play a Tele through it barefoot most of the time and play different types of music. Feature: I wanted a small bare-bones amp for smaller gigs and for practice. This amp fit the bill. I gave it a 9 because of the tremelo. Wish it was more variable but hey, it worked fine. The overdrive is good. I like a little edge to my sound and this worked out fine. If you want an amp with all the bells and whistles, go up a notch or two. But, if you're an old school player like me, this one has plenty of tone and power for a small amp. The overdrive, via the floor pedal, is surprising. It's similar to a Blues Jr. "Fat" switch but much louder...wish it came with a 10 inch speaker. Ease of Use: Pretty simple. Getting the OD setting that I wanted was a little trickey but wasn't a problem at all. It should be able to handle effects on the front end okay. Quality: Very good quality. Clean sound with little if any noise. Value: Excellent value. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them. The Wow Factor: Classic Vox aesthetics. I use to play a Berkley Twin years ago. The quality of sound is still there. Overall: The big question is, how does it sound? Should I take a chance without hearing it? Myself, I would recommend buying it. For the money, you can't go wrong.

"Dynamite comes in small packages." submitted January 13, 2004

By a customer from integraonline.com
Overall
Music Style: Rock,Heavy Metal, etc....
Sound: Great tone. Feature: For a 15 watt amp, this thing has all that you need. The reverb is unbelievable. Quality: Great Vox looks. This little thing is a sleeper. Value: a hell of a deal. This little thing blows the Crate and Marshall amps of the same size away.

"A great value in a surprisingly loud and toneful solid state amp." submitted April 4, 2011

Music Style: Blues; rock; Country
Sound: The sound is amazing for a solid state amp, close to a tube amp sound. Very loud for a small amp. A great practice amp which will stand up in a jam setting. Feature: Reverb is pretty nice; tremelo and boost are also usable. I play clean most of the time and rely on pickups to drive the gain and that works well with this amp. The foot switch to control boost and tremelo is sold separately. It would be nice to be included but hey, it would increase the price of the amp which is very reasonable as is. Ease of Use: Controls make sense and are easy to use. Quality: Seems to be very well made; no flaws. Reports of some users running these amps for many years with no problems so that is a good sign. Value: Great "bang for the buck". Manufacturer Support: No dealings with Vox but they have tech centers that are convenient for any warranty work that might be required.

"GREAT practice amp . Hook it up to a larger speaker + LOOKOUT ." submitted August 11, 2004

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Sound: Great all around sound . Esecially for the money! only reason I gave it an 8 instead of a 10 was that reverb is not all that good + a larger speaker would be good , but then it have to cost more . otherwise buy it! Feature: Needs an effects loop . + better reverb. Overall: Will keep this one as a practice amp as long as it works . No need for any other practice amp

"I am impressed with this..." submitted December 19, 2004

Overall
Sound: This is a great amp. Naturally I went into the store and tried out basically all amps under $250. THis is the "biggest little amp" I've ever played Feature: Basic features. What more do you really need? Quality: It's a brit amp company's amp.. They are the best. I looked inside, everything is nice and neat and good parts. Value: Why do people bother with more expensive crates? I like this just fine. Low feedback, a little noise when dimed, but hey, all amps have that... Manufacturer Support: no experience with them... The Wow Factor: This is a vox for little more than a bill... I love my little Vox, but then again, I am a Brit amp guy. This beats out similar cost Marshalls though. Overall: Good job Vox. For those about to Vox, I salute you (gets good AC/DC sounds too...).

"Short, Sweet & Cheap!" submitted November 10, 2003

By a customer from dfwaudiovisual.com
Overall
Music Style: country, rock and blues
Sound: I use it giging w/ a JC120 linto the Vox. Set the 120 clean and dirty up the vox just a bit. Wow! the vox is very tweekable on the fly. Can drive the little speaker just enough to break up when I kick on the the boost. Feature: As far as effects built-in to an amp, tremelo, boost and reverb are a good combination on any amp. The head phone jack does sound crappy compared to the speaker sound. Line out signal is ok. Quality: This my first Vox, so I don't about support. But it is working fine so far. No probs with my amp, everything looked great out of the box. Under twenty pounds so it's easier to get around than the JC120 I own. It is transistor so who knows how long it will last? I switched from an Ampeg jet II to this amp for my monitor/dirty amp on stage. The tremelo on the Vox sounds as good as the Ampeg if not better. Value: For the money, this little guy rocks. Great for sittin' and jammin' or a "small" gigs. holds it's own against other amps twice as much. Manufacturer Support: Like said, I haven't had any dealings with factory and let's hope I don't. The Wow Factor: It looks cool! Overall: It looks great and sounds great for the price. I've already mentioned above what all of my likes are. If I lost it or it got stolen, I'd run and get one in a heart beat. Hey, some stomp boxes cost more than this amp.

"Small Amp Big Sound" submitted November 13, 2007

Musical Background: 40 yrs
Music Style: Rock & Roll Country, Blues
Sound: Best Big Small AMP Feature: Amp is great Ease of Use: Great sound for the size and price. Quality: Built well for the pruce Value: This amp is worth alot more but don't let vox no this. Manufacturer Support: Yes and get answer back fast. The Wow Factor: Great looking amp and feel. Overall: One of the best amp I own and have many amps over 40 yrs.

"One of the best...simply put!" submitted August 23, 2009

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Retired pro
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, R&B,Rock,& Gospel.
Sound: This is "The amp that think's it's a tube amp". That's how good it sounds.(To me of course). All I did to mine, was change the speaker. I know some folks "did the upgrade" to a 10" speaker, which sounds like a great idea, but I just kept it simple, and said goodbye to the bulldog, and said hello to the Jensen C8R! Works for me. Feature: Simplicity at it's best. Not everybody's into the amp modeling thing. Love the tremolo, that's a rare thing on an amp these days. Ease of Use: No problem here. One channel. Like anything else, you have to get to know it. Once you do, most likely, you won't have a problem with the results. (I like to keep the boost on all the time). I'm going to get the VFS2 dual footswitch, and I'm done. Quality: It's from Vietnam, but hey, what can I say? Never had a problem with this baby yet, but for the price, I can't complain. I wish amps were like this when I started playing in the late 60's. (Yeah I'm old)! Value: Great value for the money, no question it's one of the best solid state amps out there! I'd buy another if this were stolen or something like that. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them. The Wow Factor: I love it! Like I always say, simplicity is bliss! It's that simple! Overall: This amp is a great value, very versatile, great for practice, or just about anything you can imagine. The original speaker is fine, but if you want to realize it's true potential, try some others.

"Can't beat this deal!" submitted August 6, 2009

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: Ex Pro turned weekend warrior.
Music Style: R&B,Blues,Jazz, and Gospel.
Sound: This amp is one of the best sounding solid state practice amps I've ever heard. Good presence. Kicks for a 8" speaker. (I used to tell myself I didn't want anything smaller than a 10") Love the tremolo! Feature: Pretty simple, no frills! Like I said, love the tremolo feature. I wish it had a 10" speaker. It might someday. Wish there were amps like this back in the late 60's and early to mid 70's. Ease of Use: Easy to use. Not complicated.I use my Strat....no prob, I use my Les Paul, no prob. Quality: Pretty solid for a Vietnam piece. Mine is well put together. Never been out of the house yet. Value: This is a bargain for real! Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them. The Wow Factor: Love the Vox look on this baby! Overall: If something happened to this,I'd buy another for real!

"A very smart buy" submitted November 15, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz
Sound: The tone is amazing! I have owned this amp for 6 years, it has better tone than my Marshall 100W or my little fender champion. Clean sounds are beautiful and it gets very loud. Gain is powerful and very present, especially with that little boost button. With the size and depth of sound out of this thing, I would have guessed it was a tube amp, but of course it's not, so we all save money. I don't think it's quite loud enough to gig with, it would probably get drowned out by the drums, but it's almost there. Feature: I gave it high but not perfect marks because it lacks good effects. Throw a reverb on this thing and I give it a 9. Add an effect or two other than tremolo and it would be a 10. The tremolo sounds cool, but its kind of useless to me (but thats just not my style). On the plus side, the boost button makes a big difference, turn it off and you can turn the gain pretty high without distorting. In the back it has jacks for headphones, foot switch, line out, and 8 ohm 15W ext. speaker, great for such a cheap amp. Again, this is something not even my 100W marshall included. Ease of Use: How hard can it be? You just have to understand the relationship between gain and volume, the rest is intuitive. Play with the boost button and it won't take long to figure out why that's there either. Frankly, it's difficult to make this thing sound bad. Quality: I move around a lot, and I've definitely made the thing squeal and pop by accidentally pushing up the gain and volume at once. But in 6 years of light/moderate abuse, it's shown no sign of weakness. Value: You can spend easily $600-$700 on an inferior amp. Sure, it doesn't have much wattage on paper, but it defies logic and puts out a huge sound. Manufacturer Support: Never have had to contact the company. I say the best support is not needing it. The Wow Factor: Its not pretty at all. I think Vox makes ugly amps, in fact they look like they sound bad, but we know better. However I would call it highly desirable, I've actually traded it away and then missed it so much I bought it back. Overall: It's loud, beautiful, and can get raunchy too. It does it all, except lacks effect variety. It is incredibly cheap, it sounds exactly like a tube amp. If you're looking for a fantastic practice amp, or a solo stage amp this will serve you well. I would pay 500 dollars to get this sound, easy.

"Title? The amp speaks for itself." submitted September 17, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Hard Rock
Sound: Great sound for a little 15 watt practice amp for only a bill. The preamp has a tube in it too, so it has a really warm sound. The gain isn't all that impressive for heavier music, but who wants a Vox for hard rock anyway? The clean tone is incredible. Feature: I love the tone of this amp, and the tremolo is good. I don't use it much though. I prefer just to hear the guitar with a bit of gain and no effects. I have the earlier Pathfinder model though, so my only complaint is that it doesn't have reverb... Well, they fixed that right after I bought the amp by coming out with the 15R. Ease of Use: It can be hard to get the right tone out of it at first, but with some experience it's amazing. My one complaint is that you can't get any volume without turning up the gain, so the only way to compete with other amps at a band practice is to have a bit more distortion than you might want with your sound. Quality: Great quality. This amp has been taking a beating for the past 6 years, and it still looks and sounds great. Value: Great value. The only amp manufacturer who can come close for the money is Line 6 with their Spider series, and the Vox beats it out because of the tube and the natural sound. Not modeled like the 6. Manufacturer Support: No idea, but for a company that makes such great amps, how bad could it be? The Wow Factor: Great look. The Vox grill-cloth is instantly recognizable, and you aren't going to find a better looking amp for the money... Not to mention better sounding. Overall: For the money? Buy it. You won't be disappointed.

When you call, mention priority code 175W-SDXT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976