When you call, mention priority code 12CJ-1H7Q

Rating and Reviews: Vox V847A Wah Pedal

Resurrect the classic wah-wah sound of the late 60s and 70s with the Vox V847A wah pedal.

"VOX 847A WITH A/C JACK ROCKS !!!!" submitted January 28, 2009

By a customer from embarqmail.com
Musical Background: guitarist for 25 years
Music Style: blues , rock ,
Sound: The Vox 847A is the real deal.I have a Dunlop original cybaby and after all the true bypass and fasel inductor mods and resister mods I finally gave up and purchased the Vox. The sound is perfect as it sounds just like all of our guitar heros right out of the box. I will not be modifying this gem. The Vox 847A with A/C jack is a must have for all guitarists. Even when used with my Ibanez distortion the notes ring out all the way thru the sweep of the pedal.My crybaby would lose volume and sustain in the middle of the sweep.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Does one thing amazingly well" submitted April 29, 2007

Musical Background: 4 years on guitar
Music Style: metal, classic rock, hard blues, shred
Sound: It is the sound of Jimi Hendrix and early Eric Clapton. It sounds basically the same as Clapton on ''white room'' with a humbucker equipped guitar. I've never used it with a single coil equipped guitar. However, I have read reviews of people with strats saying it's great for Jimi. It is not a good metal wah. For that I would recommend either the Dimebag Crybaby or the bad horsie wah. It is meant for classic rock and blues. It does one thing but it does it incredibly well. I have used a Hendrix crybaby, this is much better. To make this sound the best. On your amp, don't put the treble on 10 and the bass on 0. I would put the bass on 4, the treble on 7. This wah is very trebly and if your treble is really high on the amp, it will kill you. You need to experiment with the amps eq. Also, I think it sounds best on the bridge pickup. I am using a Marshall AVT 100x amp, and a really nice Agile Les paul doublecut copy, it is almost as good as my friends genuine les paul studio Feature: I do not know what parts are used in this product, but whatever they are are really good, it sounds great. Mine is an earlier one with no AC jack, that is my only complaint, but the batteries last a really long time. Ease of Use: It takes about a day or two to learn how to properly work a wah. For this you might have to fiddle with your amps EQ a little bit but that is not a big deal. Quality: This would definitely be appropriate for ''the road''. I have had no problems with it. Value: I payed 130$ for it, but that was in a store. It is worth around 100-120 Manufacturer Support: I have not had any problems with this, so I have not needed support. The Wow Factor: I wanted it because of all the great players that have used it. Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Randy Rhoads. I loved the wah sound on there records. Every electric guitar player NEEDS a wah pedal. Overall: I think it will last a very long time, if something happens to it or it is stolen, I would definitely buy another. This is a keeper.
19 of 23 people (82.61%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"VOX V8r7A Wah Pedal" submitted September 6, 2012

By Chris Kelly in Chattanooga, TN
Musical Background: Semi-professional, Play Guitar and Mandolin 25 + Years
Music Style: Folk Rock
Overall: Another heavy duty wah pedal from Vox! Awesome as usual!

"Nice, man, nice!" submitted February 10, 2009

By a customer from Comcast.net
Musical Background: Aspiring Guitarist/Musician
Music Style: Psychedelia, experimental, alternative, blues, metal, grunge, punk, rock and roll, folk, funk rock, jazz fusion, noise, progress
Sound: Great sound. Gives a great Hendrix/Clapton/60s/70s tone (but don't just play like that, people, experiment, music is what you make it, no matter what!), and is great for that kind of psychedelia and blue-rock, and if YOU'RE bold and versatile enough you can fit it into just about anything. Only complaint, I do get an occasional unwelcome sound or buzz, but my guitar that I have now is a piece of crap to the max (Fullerton Start. Heard of it? Neither have I...) so I'll just assume it's the guitar, but I'll give it a nine just to be safe if I'm worng (you know what they say about assuming...). 9/10 Feature: Pretty basic stuff. It does come with a very nice, compact black and white vinyl carrying bag with a carrying strap that has "V O X" in gold on the front. As far as the pedal, it's basic. Click the toe-end forward to turn on/off and all that. 10/10 Ease of Use: Very easy, very fun, love it. Very playable and is great for improv and anything else you want, really. 10/10 Quality: Very beuatiful, very sturdy (as far as I've used it). I'm not worried about it breaking or something stop working any time. 10/10 Value: Pretty cheap, I don't feel cheated. Could be a slight bit cheaper but I don' have any regrets. 9/10 Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use it. N/A The Wow Factor: Like I said before, VERY beatiful and "official looking." 10/10 Overall: Very, very glad with my purchase. If stolen, I'd buy again. 10/10

"Get off yer butt and start rockin' this pedal back and forth until you've traveled the entire world!" submitted July 26, 2007

Music Style: Hard Rock, Blues, Jazz, Metal
Sound: the sound can "wah" anything you want it to from your classic 60s' VoOdOo cHiLd to your head bangin' Metallica Enter Sandman sOlO Feature: The AC jack is great for anyone who hates to deal with batteries but the batteries in this thing last a long time! I'm still on my first battery since I got it. Ease of Use: real easy to get a great tone. I was rockin' it right after I put in a battery in! Quality: no problems at all and you don't need a backup since this baby could probably survive an explosion on stage Value: 90 bucks which is a steal for how kick-butt it is;) Manufacturer Support: I registered online with VOX for my warranty and they immediately sent me an e-mail the next day confirming that I was registered;) The Wow Factor: definitely has ~sex appeal~ makes the girls do crazy when you use it right and a lot of your deceased & living rock icons have and ARE using it so get off your butt and start rockin' this pedal! Overall: <This pedal kicks so much butt and is the best affordable wah you can get> I'll keep this baby for a long time and if it was stolen I'd definitely get another one. Though I'd recommend this wah for anyone who is willing to further explore their tone through pedals since it doesn't have any fancy "Q" dials or distortion options but those just take away from the natural nature of the wah.

When you call, mention priority code 12CJ-1H7Q. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976