When you call, mention priority code 15ZF-RCVN

Rating and Reviews: Vox ToneLabST Valvetronix

The Vox ToneLab ST offers a great value for plenty of tone shaping options. With thirty-three amp models and true-tube technology, the Vox ToneLab ST rocks.

"Fantastic Amp Modeling, Best Value" submitted August 1, 2010

Music Style: Alternative / Indie
Sound: The amp modeling on the TL-ST is great - sounds fuller and warmer than a lot of the competition. I go straight into the PA at church and this pedal puts out really rich and solid tones. Frankly I think it sounds better (or at least a little less digital) than the Boss GT-10's that the other guys in the band play, but that's just my $.02 Feature: The amp modeling is fantastic on this unit. I've dialed in about 10 solid sounds that I use pretty consistently. The cabinet models really add a lot of warmth and depth to the amp models too. The effects on the TL-ST are pretty good, although I thought the delay effects were a little limited for my liking. I wanted more delay options (like digital delay, reverse, stereo, etc)that the TL-ST didn't have. Thus, I bought a Line 6 DL4. This is certainly no failure of the Tonelab ST - what they put into this thing for $200 is awesome. The expression pedal is definitely smaller than most and takes a little while to get used to, but I have no complaints about it. Ease of Use: This is why I bought the TL-ST. No menus! No navigating through endless menu screens to dial-in your sound. With this machine you just turn the knobs and press save. It's all right in front of you (for the most part). One drawback to this simplicity is that if you're playing live and you want to switch patches on the fly, you had better save them really close to each other (numerically), as you can't just turn effects on and off. But if you only play a few different sounds anyway (like I do), this isn't a huge problem Quality: The machine seems pretty durable and solidly constructed. I play it at home and at church so it hasn't really taken much of a beating. Value: You're not going to be able to do everything on this pedal, and it certainly has its limitations for live performances (which is why I added the DL4 pedal). But for $200 you get a WIDE variety of sounds and effects, and it's so easy to use. It adds to the joy of playing guitar when you can produce the sounds you want for a bargain price. Manufacturer Support: --- The Wow Factor: who cares what it looks like, it sounds great Overall: The TL-ST produces an awesome variety of great, warm tones for such an awesome price. If you need more switching options for live shows, I might not recommend this one. But for home playing/recording, or for smaller gigs that don't require too much footwork, this is the perfect machine. I'm glad I picked it up, I'll be keeping it around for a long time.

"Another satisfied Vox customer!" submitted February 28, 2011

Overall
Music Style: "Classic" and Southern Rock, etc.
Sound: Just plugged the ST in again after having put it aside for awhile. Even using a cheap pair of old Sony Walkman "sport" (in-ear with thin headband) headphones the sound was AMAZING! It's very rewarding to just turn a couple of knobs on the ST and be able to dial in some very convincing "vintage" amp and effect sounds! There is nothing "sterile" about the sound of the ST; it's warm, full and ear-pleasing! Feature: As another reviewer mentioned, there's no way to directly access a stored patch (though I haven't tried it with the PC software). Toggling up and down to find the sound you're looking for - either your own or one of the many presets - could really mess up a gig though it's fine for hacking around at home. Certainly there are more combinations of amp, cab, effects, gain structure and styles than I'll ever use! Ease of Use: For just sitting around experimenting with sounds it's fine, but I think you'd want the PC software if you were going to gig with it. Like I said above I haven't gotten to that point but I did find a video review on Youtube that actually sold me on the ST. When I have more time - like that's ever gonna happen - I plan on taking an old laptop and setting it up to run the Librarian software. Quality: Rock solid; I'm sold on Vox and will be looking to see what else they make that I can add to my hobbyist arsenal! Value: Bought it as "B-stock" and never looked back. There is no better suite of warm, expressive effects out there...PERIOD! Manufacturer Support: If it ain't broke it don't need fixin', so I'm happy! The Wow Factor: "Sex appeal?" Other than the glow from the 12AX7 tube, no. But the subdued color scheme and just-right-sized expression pedal and chicken beak knobs tell you that this is not a toy! I'm playing either my Fender Aerodyne Strat or my vintage O'Hagan Nightwatch, and the Tonelab ST definitely helps to get the very best out of those instruments and my limited talent! Overall: For the amount of time I have available to me to hack around with my guitar rig the ST covers most of my effects needs. I'm the fortunate original owner of a Japan-made Boss CE-2 chorus, and other than adding a dedicated wah pedal I'm pretty much set. The only way I'd get rid of this is if my daughter sweet-talked me out of it, and I'd probably just buy her one of her own if that happens! I guess the one feature that doesn't do much for me is the tuner. That's it!

"Pretty sweet for what it is" submitted March 8, 2013

By Armando P in Indianapolis, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Noobie to the guitar and bass, been playing blues harp for 25+ years. Just got a Epi Les Paul 60s tribute plus and love it!
Music Style: Blues, rock
Sound: Some of the presets are OK and get better with some small tweaks. Some of it has a digital tinge to it, but for a mere two bills it's a real deal. I got it to explore tones and it suits me fine for that. Feature: Solid, easy to use. NO MENUS!!! Just twist the knobs and save it when you like what you hear. Haven't played with the software aspect of it so can't comment there. Ease of Use: I read the menu and had to google a thing or two, but I had it mastered in a couple of hours. Quality: Seems durable. Has a glass tube, so I wouldn't throw it around, but no plastiv=c in this design. I'd call it roadworthy. Value: Seems like a good deal. Wish it had a looper like the Boss unit, but the effect and sims sound better, so the trade off is worth it for me. Manufacturer Support: Don't know, haven't needed it. Found everything I need on their website or through google. The Wow Factor: Easy to use, does what I need. Probably would replace it if it got stolen, but if something better was available I'd jump. Good bang for the buck, especially if you're not a pedal queen. Overall: I'm just a novice player, so take whatever I say here with that in mind. I wanted to experiment with different tones and this is the ticket. You can bypass the amp and cabinet models, so I can use this for the effect and mod pedal function when I'm hooked up to my old Dean Markley 60T tube amp. And when I want to jam silently while the wife sleeps, I can use the gizmo with headphones and never disturb her sleep.

"Read the above" submitted June 2, 2009

By a customer from lycos .com
Overall
Sound: ive owned all the smaller units and this beats them all in terms of amp sims if not effects. Feature: Of course not as flexible as larger units Manufacturer Support: Ill give them benefit of doubt as all my korg products have been great and korg owns vox Overall: Actually this may be the first digital box you wont need to upgrade when something better comes along - its that good
22 of 26 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great things come in small packages!" submitted January 15, 2012

By Paul P in Sudbury, ON
Musical Background: Amateur musican for over 25 years
Music Style: Mostly rock and heavy metal
Overall: This is a good, solid piece of equipment. I am most impressed with some of the clean factory pesets, they're quite useful and allow me to get crystal clear sounds out of my Peavey 6505 (we all know the amp is not known for its clean sounds). The amp models are good, specifically if your'e using a smaller solid state amp and you want a more tube like sound. The vox wah is also very impressive and overall this pedal is an amazing value!

When you call, mention priority code 15ZF-RCVN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976