When you call, mention priority code 15GH-GLN2

Rating and Reviews: Vox MINI3 Battery Amp

Get an array of tones and effects in a compact, micro design. This mini combo comes in your choice of black, ivory, or racing Green.

"Good things do come in small packages!" submitted February 24, 2011

Overall
Sound: I bought this small amp not expecting alot from it. It is portable after all. However, I was very surprised by the sounds I have gotten from it. No, I am not saying expect thundering bass from it.You should not expect that from ANY small amp. Expect to be surprised though. This small amp has alot of warmth in it. One last thing, this is certainly loud enough for bedroom practice. Feature: This amp has everything you could possibly want from a small portable practice amp. There is no other small amp on the planet that has all the features this one does. Period! Ease of Use: You only have to turn knobs.I could not be any easier. There seems to be only one hidden feature.You have to hold down a button to access the tuner.Everything else is just turn a knob. Even a child could use this amp. Quality: It seems very well made. Nothing loose and nothing vibrates when the volume is turned up. Value: I was reluctant to pay as much as I did for such a small amp but the features it had made me decide to give it a try. I am glad I did. The features combined with the great sound of this little amp make me feel as if I got more than I paid for. That is always a great value. Manufacturer Support: I have never heard of bad service in regards to Vox, nor have I had to use it either. The Wow Factor: I got the white model. With the black of the knobs,panels,legs, and strap I believe it looks nearly as good as it sounds. It looks classy and sexy! lol! Overall: If you are looking for a portable amp or just a small bedroom practice amp this amp has some really nice sound in a very small package. The amps, features, and build of this item make it hard to beat.

"Good things come in small packages !" submitted March 27, 2012

By Jim D in Lake Ariel, PA
Musical Background: 40 + yrs, guitar, keyboards, bass and vocals- professional
Music Style: Roots music - R&B, R&R, mixed with some funk, jazz, country
Overall: Fine sounding little amp with flexibility and ease of use. I was looking for a small practice amp with built in effects, so I can just plug in and play, without having to deal with extra pedals. The Vox Mini has a good assortment of amp models, dial in gain for crunch, one knob for chorus / flanger type sounds and another knob for reverb/echo. The sound for this size amp is fine, sounds good clean or with the gain up for OD. The effects are easy to select and there is control for the amount of effect, all from the selector knob. The built in tuner is geared only for the "E" note across multiple octaves. Chromatic would have been nice, but I've been tuning by harmonics with a single reference note for ages so that wasn't a deal breaker. Now I think this a great value at the regular price. I did even better by getting a BLEM deal. After close inspection, the only blemished area I could find was the packaging, the amp was perfect. And zZounds got this to me in 2 days from my order with free shipping can't beat that. I'm totally pleased with this purchase.

"Mini Amp--Maxi value" submitted June 12, 2012

By Curt Bradbury in Kinnelon, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years-Band,Orchestra HS&College French Horn (jazz) Trumpet, guitar,Keyboards, Retired and play now for fun
Overall: I have a few amps collected over the years. Fender classic bassman 1960 Univox 12" and a Fender Sidekick. I am planning on selling the Bassman as it is large and heavy to lug around. This little amp fits the bill. I like the many sound features and the sound is good for the size. I have 3 Yamaha keyboards and a Gibson SG 1962,which seem to play well through this little guy.I also hooked up my i-pod to it and it sounds great. I especially like the battery feature as I can take the amp and many thousand songs anywhere (like the shore in NJ) and listen effortlessly. Great little amp,great price.What's not to love. CB

"Vox mini guitar amp" submitted July 8, 2013

By Keith Vogelsang in West Columbia, SC
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years as a professional full time musician I play keyboard and guitar and sing
Music Style: oldies 50's 60's 70's
Overall: this is aunt is absolutely fantastic! I used it for assisted living gig and ran my acoustiMmc electric guitar thru it. It not only filled the room with sound but it sounded absolutely fantastic. I couldn't believe it! I'm a full time professional musician and have been in the music business playing music for 45 years and I've never seen anything like this! This is a top-notch product!

"Portable Paradise!" submitted February 18, 2011

By a customer from liv
Overall
Musical Background: active musician (Worship Leader)
Music Style: Contemporary Christian
Sound: I got this to play on the beach or at my once a week gathering for about ten or fifteen guys. The volume is really good - it sounds really loud, but it doesn't rattle the windows. Plenty of power to fill a thirty foot room. Settings on the amp models go from totally filthy to extreme bright and clean, and when you add in the effects the sound is pretty unbelievable. It runs on aa batteries, and stays strong for three or four five hour sessions. But they also include the AC adaptor, which makes this the perfect amp for home use. Feature: I got the "Racing Green" version of this amp (very cool color, I can always find it when we break down). The handle, however, is black. It's detachable, so it's really not that big a deal, but you have to hide it or your unit can look like a cheap piece of ... . I wish vox would color coordinate. Ease of Use: There is a definite learning curve with this amp. First, choose a model. Listen. Adjust Gain. (Play with the feedback). Adjust tone. (Play with the feedback). Adjust gain aginst tone. Then play with the effects... I could play with this amp every night for two years and never run out of new sounds. Quality: I haul it in my luggage, and it gets bounced around a lot. But it still works like a champ. Value: For what it is, (small speaker, few watts) it sounds so much better than it should. A little pricey for a battery amp, but well worth it. Vox Rox! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any reason to call support The Wow Factor: I got laughed at the first time the guys saw this small little thing. Till they heard it. I don't get laughed at anymore... Overall: I am totally satisfied and pleased with this little Vox amp. I'll be using it every day until it dies. If I can figure out how to wire it up to my Peaveys, I can use it as my primary amp. Kudos!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Vox mini" submitted June 16, 2012

By mark schell in burtonsville, MD
Musical Background: playing 35 years, now mostly home
Music Style: rock,blues,jazz
Overall: The Vox mini3 has tone and effects that one would not expect from as small amp, the controls are sensitive giving a wide range of tone and effects control, How ever when on Battery power the sound is thin and pick and hand movement is magnified, When on a/c adapter power the tone is thick and warm much like a large amp.The amp modeling gives similar sound as implied yet maintains a sound of it's own.This is a fun amp to play with, and is my favorite mini amp.

"Very Nice Little Portable Amp!!!" submitted January 26, 2012

By Michael O in Florissant, CO
Musical Background: 40 yrs. guitar, have been in bands, mostly home jamming
Music Style: psychedelic rock/metal/blues
Overall: Wow, all the models sound very accurate and nice! The two effects knobs for 8 effects 2 at once are intuitive for the most part, and all sound good. Gain, Tone, Volume, input jack. Additionally a microphone 1/4" jack with its own echo or reverb, which also can be used for a keyboard. Line in for CD player or other 1/8" device and 1/8" headphones out. Built in tuner and the same "tap" control adjusts the echo length. Sounds great on 6 AA batteries, or the AC adapter. A lot of features for a small portable light weight amp. Has a heavy duty carry strap with Vox on it going to two guitar strap buttons on the sides. The little 5 1/2" speaker can growl at low volume. Great value and usefulness.

"Vox MINI3 Battery-Powered Modeling Amp" submitted April 22, 2012

By David M in Satsuma, AL
Overall
Musical Background: My back ground in music is I played the trumpet in middle school but have always played around on the guitar
Music Style: Rock and Roll
Overall: First off the Mini3 is low wattage so don't expect a boom box. It is a small portable amp and for it's size it will surprise you. The controls are on the top and very accessible when you need to make a quick change to your sound. The battery play is nice, never needed Manufacturer Support

"Nothing Mini about it!" submitted June 8, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist on the way up.
Music Style: Classic/ hard rock & Blues.
Sound: Giving it a 10! I can't believe how big it sounds in the bedroom. I can match any bands tone I want. This shines playing along with mp3s. There's more bottom end than you could guess from looking at it. I think Vox borrowed something from the Bose wave. The tone has depth unlike other solid states I've listened to. It's far from one demential or flat, it's full and rich in harmonics, inspireing. For me just as a practice amp I'll look no further, I'm satisfied. Forgot to say it ROCKS! Nice volume for sitting right in front of and ripping it up. Feature: It's all here, best effects are the delays, reverb, compression, the rest are good. Takes pedals great so if your not into there's use yours. Try your Wah with some high gain, tape delay and comp. Pure pleasure. Ease of Use: Easy and sensitive to small adjustments. Quality: Hey...it's 100$ bucks, don't drop it! Treat it nice and you'll get your money's worth. The quality could be better sure, the price could be higher too. The quality is in line with the price and then some. Value: 100 bucks! Thanks Vox for not sticking it to the average Joe. This should be closer to 120 or 130$. It's priced to compete. It does that very well. Manufacturer Support: 10 just cause. The Wow Factor: More than want it I must have it, it's made me a better player. It's that versatile. You go from not knowing about something to not being able to get along without it overnight. Overall: I'm gonna wear this out and get mini# 2 when it comes out. It's my opinion pound for pound Vox products are the best sounding best quality best priced amps out there. I've got my Mini and i play it every single day. Speaking of that Im outta here, it's practice time. Get one, Mines black.

When you call, mention priority code 15GH-GLN2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976