When you call, mention priority code 16J3-01KH

Rating and Reviews: Vox amPlug AC30

Rock out after lights out. This headphone amp emulates the chimey tone of a real Vox AC30 amplifier. Plug it directly into your guitar's 1/4" output and jam!

"Someone should've came out with this product sooner" submitted August 13, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: I practice guitar hours a day as a passion
Music Style: blues, fusion, rock, and METALLL \m/
Sound: The sound quality coming out of this little thing is actually very surprising. I use it with a schecter equiped with EMGs and the sound can range from edgy, sharp tones to mellow and british type sounds. And rolling down on the guitar's volume knob, i can easily get some very good crunch tones out of it, without having to roll down on the amplug's gain. of course, it's no power stack tube amp, but it could be comparable to certain $200-300 solid state amps. Feature: Its features include a volume control, a gain control, and a tone control, which are all pretty small. you wont have trouble using them while you play, but you'll have to flip your guitar over to check what number each control is rolled to. This doesnt really bother me much since i just roll to the sound i like and keep on playing, but it may bother some others who like to know exactly what numerical setting they're on. Other than these controls, it has an input jack for headphones/ear buds, another one for an auxiliary cable, and a red light to tell you when it's on. For the auxiliary cable, you can hook it up to your computer and play with songs or record your own things (of course, you will have to have your own recording software). And the cool thing is, only you can hear all of this. your roommate or family will only hear the twanging of your electric guitar strings. YOU CAN FINALLY ROCK OUT ..in peaceful silence :) Ease of Use: Just throw in two AAA batteries, plug it into your guitar, grab a set of headphones, and start playing. The only thing you may have a problem with is finding the controls without being able to see them. In that case, try this: If you are playing a tradition style electric guitar where the jack is on the bottom of the guitar, you'll notice that your amplug will be flipped upside down. you'll be able to see the the upside down letters "V-O-X". the volume control will be above the X, the tone will be above the O, and the gain will be above the V. roll to the left to roll down on the controls, and roll to the right to roll up. there! problem solved. the only other thing i can thing of is, you may get tangled in your headphones and auxiliary cable. i will sometimes forget that my auxiliary is plugged in end up dragging my laptop almost off my desk. you may also forget you have headphones on and end up giving your ears a good jerk when you go to put down your guitar. i know thats happened to me more more than once. Quality: It's very appealing to the eyes. it resembles the classic look of vox amps. the controls work wonderfully and the on-off switch hasn't failed yet. as for it's sturdiness, i give it a 6. it's made of light-weight plastic and very fragile. if you drop it once, maybe twice, it'll still be okay, but dont leave it lying around where you could accidentally sit or step on it. You may have to go buy another if you do. I've had my amplug for a year, and around the 4 month or using it, i dropped it by accident. it stilled worked, but the red light sometimes not turn on even if the amplug is on and running. didnt bother me at all, and it eventually fixed itself. but about a month or two after that, i hit it against my desk when it was plugged into my guitar, and, to my horror, it stopped working. it would make horrid buzzing noises when i hit a string, and it would completely cut off at times. i thought it was the batteries (because it made the same noises when it was low on batteries), but even when i changed to a new set of batteries, it still made the same noises. i thought i had lost it completely so i put it aside on my desk. i plugged it in recently to see if it would still work again, just for kicks, and to my amazement, it works! i guess if you give it some time, maybe say a few encouraging words to it, it'll come back to life. Value: i purchased mine a year ago at a local guitar shop for $40, and it's definitely worth it. Manufacturer Support: didnt have to deal with customer service for this one, but i do know this company tries really hard to satisfy its customers. i was short on one of my payments one time, and they only thing that happened was i got an email telling me what happened. i replied to them about 2 days later with the payment, and they were all okay about it. no late fees or anything. Overall: If you want to practice quietly and still get some rather decent tones without annoying the entire family, this is for you.

"These things are great!!" submitted June 24, 2009

Musical Background: For my enjoyment
Music Style: Rock & Roll
Sound: An amazing sound from such a little gadget. Each different guitar will have it's own individual sound. A good, comfortable, pair of headphones will help. Feature: Volume, tone, and gain with a red pilot light so don't leave it on accidentally. Ease of Use: As it plugs into your guitar, you must be careful not to bump it on anything. Quality: It's a Vox product made in Japan. Ok by me. Value: A good value at $40. Manufacturer Support: No idea. The Wow Factor: Very practical. Useful for everyone I would think. Overall: I own the AC30, the Classic Rock, and the Bass Vox Amplugs. They are a marvelous invention. Each is different in sound. They are loud if you want them to be. Good earphones will give you even better sound. A good deal for the price, so buy more than one. Perfect for a non-disturbing practice session.

"A Vox AC30 that fits in your coat pocket." submitted February 9, 2008

By a customer from cox.net
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Jazz
Sound: The name AC30 is the sounds you will get with the full size amp in this small but mighty headphone amp. You can turn the gain up and the volume down to get the crunch and sustain you want without making your ears bleed. Turn your guitar volume down and the sound cleans up nicely. Play around with the gain and volume on the headphone amp itself and with the guitar. The sounds you get with a single coil and or humbucking pick up will make you practice more without assualting anyone else's ears. You will have no excuse for not practicing and you cannot blame the sound of this little amp. It leaves you with no excuse. Feature: It comes with 2 AAA batteries that are needed for this amp. It has gain, tone and volume controls to help you milk out the sounds of a real AC30 that you long for. Plus it is small enough to fit in the compartment of a guitar case or gig bag. The only thing needed that it does not supply is the headphones. Cheap or expensive headphones will surprise you regardless of what you use, because the sound is built into the amp. Ease of Use: It is super easy to use and easy to modify the sounds your looking for in this mini headphone amp. The manual is clear because this product is fool proof. Quality: Take this anywhere in your case, gig bag or your coat pocket and you will have a practice amp with you at all times. With a little care this product will last. This may be made of plastic on the outside, with the "Vox" grille, there is not much to break. Value: For this price and the convience it will replace any of your mini/headphone amps because of the sound and portability. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with the support of the company. No need to yet. The Wow Factor: It has the"Vox" grille so you cannot mistake who makes this fine product. It is light and will not damage your guitar input jack. Overall: This is a mini-amp I can take anywhere and if something ever did happen to it, at it's price point it would be foolish to replace it with anything else. I have other mini/headphone amps and they may be permanently retired. I like the sounds this amp puts out. The only thing I dislike about this little amp, is that it was not put out before I bought other mini amps.
39 of 42 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Cheaper than beer, lasts longer." submitted July 20, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Professional 40 years.
Music Style: I play everything, I prefer rock and blues.
Sound: This little thing is a better simulation of a Vox amp than most amp modelers, better than the Boss and waaaaaay better than the Digitech. It is fairly responsive to my playing, more than I expected. I know it's not quite like the real thing, you won't get the sustain that you get when your strings ring in sympathy with the air being moved by your speakers. Crank it and it sounds like Brian May's crunchy rhythm guitar, turn down the gain or play with a lighter touch and it cleans up nice. It's plenty loud whether clean or dirty, you have to turn up the volume when you decrease the gain.. Feature: The Aux input is a great feature. You can learn parts easily if you are playing covers and if your band is recording, you can work out your parts practicing with the backing tracks. Ease of Use: It's simple to use, no real learning curve. Quality: It's small and made of plastic, I wouldn't beat it up if I were you but what would you expect from a unit like this? Value: It costs less than a bottle of whiskey or a carton of smokes (or various other vices you may indulge in) and lasts a lot longer. Definitely worth the price. Manufacturer Support: I've had it a month, It was very inexpensive, it works fine, I doubt it would be worth the shipping to repair it. Never had any problems. The Wow Factor: When I saw it, I wanted it. Sexy enough for you? Overall: If it was lost, stolen or broke down I would likely buy another, it's so cheap.

"AMAZING HEADPHONE AMP!!!" submitted November 10, 2011

By a customer from kingcon.com
Musical Background: 3 years experience on guitar-intermediate level
Music Style: rock,hard rock, classic rock,metal,blues
Sound: The sound quality is excellent. Feature: Pretty basic there is a volume,tone, and gain control. Also there is plug in for an external device like a MP3 or cd player. All features very useful. Ease of Use: Getting great sounds is as easy as turning the dials. Quality: Very well made for a pocket amp. Seems to be very reliable, but it is made of plastic so don't hit it hard on anything. This product should last for years if taken care of. Value: For $40 dollars you really can't go wrong. Excellent tones! Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with company The Wow Factor: Very appealing product. I wanted it because of it's compact go-anywhere with it size. I also needed something that is headphone useable. Overall: I expect to be satisfied for a good while. If ever lost or stolen I would definitely buy another one.

"Small investment for Authentic Big Sound. " submitted January 13, 2009

Music Style: Rock and Pop
Sound: Heavy Metal sounds great. I use on a Les Paul Standard and Fender American Standard. Awesome sound and loud. Feature: Simple to use and mobile. Ease of Use: Great for practice. Turn on control could be on right side of piece instead of inside. Quality: Still evaluating Value: Excellent value. Manufacturer Support: First time Vox owner. Fender man normally. Have delt with them on a company level yet, just from a retailer online. AMS The Wow Factor: Very small yet very large in sound. Overall: Satisfied as a quiet practice tool.

"kinda cool.....however" submitted April 29, 2012

By James Pittman in La Habra, CA
Musical Background: Active musician for 12 years
Music Style: jazz/blues/rock
Overall: At first I thought this would be great, but they don't work too great with American Strats. I had a difficult time getting the AC30 to fit in the guitar plug in. I completely forgot that the strats have the plug in on the top of the body instead of the side. I actually have not used it since I got it two weeks ago. It does seem like a cool thing as far as if your on the go or need something to practice on before a gig. These are especially cool if you are practicing late at night. My only "ting" about it, is I would rather have a vox headphone amp that has more crunch and also more of a sustaining lead sound.

"Unbelievable!" submitted December 28, 2010

Musical Background: Casual Player
Music Style: Jazz, Blues and Lite Rock
Sound: Tone,Gain and volume all at you fingertips! Feature: It came ready to go right out of the box...Amazing! Ease of Use: Plug and Play , How easy is that! Quality: The product is Beautiful. Value: How can they do it for this price?. unbelievable Manufacturer Support: No problems at all with this product...None The Wow Factor: Evryone says " Wow!" Overall: I have purchased the other styles in this product line as they are also Amazing.

When you call, mention priority code 16J3-01KH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976