When you call, mention priority code 174Q-DW1K

Rating and Reviews: Vox AC4TVH Guitar Head

If vintage British tone is what you need, this Vox head, designed to recreate the original 1961 model, will deliver.

"Wow, nice..." submitted July 8, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 23 years of guitar, still searching for nirvana...
Music Style: blues, rock, jazz
Sound: Sweet cream, springy sparkle, singing crystal... So far I've been playing my AC4TV head through my Mahaffay Amplifiers Rotary Wave rotating speaker cab (http://www.mahaffayamps.com/rotary-wave.htm), it is loaded with a single Jenson 10" Greenback. The cleans are so warm and sparkly, and driven into breakup, the overdrive sound is so musical and smooth. I'm amazed at the sound, especially for the money. It is so detailed, and I can hear every little feature of my playing, this thing is ear candy for sure. I can't wait to hear it through the Vox V112TV 1×12" cab, the arrival of which I am now awaiting. It has that amazing Vox compression. My friend played a Deep Purple riff through it cranked up and said, wow, they really nailed that smoke on the water sound, lol... But the cleans are super sparkly and detailed. Very musical. Feature: I love the attenuator. I live in a little apartment, and at 4 watts, I can definitely piss off the neighbors, but at the ¼W setting, I can drive it into a useful tonal range (even all the way up) and the volume is low enough that my air con competes with it. So there is plenty of useful range in between. Any simple amp with just tone and volume controls, you're pretty much stuck with one volume level once you find the tone you like. The attenuator on this thing gives you three. The only thing I miss is a standby switch, but for the money, whatever. No worries. Ease of Use: One tone control, one volume control, very straightforward. Turn it up to the amount of gain you want to hear, get the tone control where you want it, and then use the attenuator to choose your listening/recording level. Very simple. When recording my other amps, I have to carefully set the mike pre level for the peaks in the sound. The volume bounces all around (like you'd expect) with pick attack, note decay, playing dynamic, etc. With the Vox, I start playing, the VU level just sits there. A very easy amp to record. Quality: I haven't had it apart, but from the outside, there is an impressive attention to detail. One of my fellow musicians refered to it as "eye-candy." It feels solid, the parts visible from the outside do not appear cheap (think as opposed to the plug on a fender footswitch). I'm giving it a ten because I see no problems from the outside in this department. Value: The sound for the money here is very good. I wish it had a standby switch, and a standby switch is a very simple thing electronically that shouldn't add significantly to the cost. Otherwise, a very good value. Manufacturer Support: Wouldn't know, no problems to deal with... Had it for about two months, play it almost every day. The Wow Factor: Yep, it's definitely eye candy, and the idea of the attenuator is pretty cool. This triggers my gear lust. Overall: I would definitely replace it if lost, stolen, or destroyed. This is a great amp, and at the price it's a great deal. A+

"All Tube, All Tone" submitted August 31, 2012

By John T in Pocahontas, AR
Musical Background: Legend on my couch
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jam Bands
Overall: This amp is absolutely awesome. i bought the head and matching cab. I could not be happier. The sound of this amp will make you want to play more! This amp is worth twice the price!

"Go ahead find another amp this good for this price... I dare ya" submitted February 24, 2011

Music Style: All over the map
Sound: Finally... that sound I have been hearing in my head for all these years. I should have just bought a Vox to begin with. It reacts extreemly well to effects, especially overdrive and distortion units. It does have a bit of problem in that it takes some work to get any volume at all without getting some rat, but ohhhhh what a fine little rat! I will say that if you don't like that vintage chimey tone then you will not like this amp. Otherwise, it is the best little low watt, single channel combo on the market. It makes a great little practice amp and recording rig but don't let the 4 watt thing fool you. This B!T@H is loud enough for small clubs and I prefer less stage volume. Hang a mic and put it in the monitors an FOH. Feature: Sometimes less really is more. It sounds so good with just a simple tone and volume control that I feel like more controls would just allow me to screw up a great thing. The single tone control could not be more useful for a single knob. It acts more like a presence control and dials just the right frequencies with great neunce. The thing is that for the first time ever I am actually using the tone and volume controls on my guitars to great effect. If you want to clean it up just back of the volume to that sweet spot just before you start loosing volume and tone. Ease of Use: Three knobs Nough said. Quality: Nice fit and finish. Solid build. Great tone! It's a Vox I suspect that while I may need to get another amp with more volume for larger venues if I start touring again that this amp is never going anywhere. Value: Try getting this kind of tone from an amp less than $500. Go ahead, try! I spent a lot of time listening to different amps in this price range and niche. Don't get fooled by features. Yes, this is a one trick poney but oh what a trick. Do yourself a favor and bet a great overdrive/distortion pedal and give up on the low priced two channel units. I ordered a Fulltone GT500 at the same time and the two of these together do it all. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with them. I hear that they are terrific but I dont think that I will ever have to so its all good The Wow Factor: Could it get any sexier without actually being a woman? I don't think so Overall: I will hold it and squeeze it and take goooood care of it. IDK, I could see myself going to a AC15 or AC30 at some point but I don't know that I will ever not buy Vox unless maybe a Mesa. I would have given it a 10 in the sound dept but really??? It't not a boutique amp and the lack of a true clean tone and the boxy thing do bring it down a bit. Let's not call it something it's not. It is a bit boxy but I kinda like that. I think I just have to get used to it. One man's boxy is another man's punchy. Unless you get into a Marshal stack with high volumes I think it's pretty much impossible to get punchy at low volumes without a little boxyness. If it gets lost or stolen I will get another one just like it

"Dynamite VOX AC4" submitted December 8, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: music teacher, hobbyist.
Music Style: rock, blues, folk
Sound: I dont Own one of these yet but i plan to, soon. Ive had the happy chance to play one a few times. This amp has got the vox sound. It truly IS an "AC" model and belongs in that range with the 15 and the 30. I choose the AC4 over either of those because, tone being equal, i need the AC4's feature set. I like the 1 watt and 1/4 power settings for practice and lower volume recording. The single tone control is FABULOUS with this amp. I think it gives just as much control as I would want over tone without interfereing with the whole signal sound of the amp, and its INCREDIBLE touch dynamics. For the price it really is an automatic decision Feature: I pretty much described the features already, but i will mention i plan to buy the head, for its more conveniently modular use of my speaker cabs. Ease of Use: Its plug and play. set it up with best tubes you can find and have at it. Quality: I was suprised by the solid feel and apparent solid construction. Its much heavier than i imagined it would be and the chassis is very heavy and stable. Value: Amazing value. probably the very best Value avaiable for a tube amp at this time. Manufacturer Support: I dont know about VOX CS so i gave them the benefit of the doubt The Wow Factor: High sex appeal. A top notch, genuine VOX AC4 for 199.99.. AND its a white TV style. super sexy. Overall: I highly recommend to anyone, from proffesionals to begginers. It will serve anyones purpose well.

"Just Ok." submitted October 31, 2013

By don tribble in henrietta, TX
Musical Background: I am basicaly a home jammer for about five years. Guitar
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, pop
Overall: I bought this head and the V112TV thinking it would sound even better than my VT-20 amp. I was wrong. The Valvetronix amp sounds so much warmer and deeper. There is little to no tone control. It sounds better after you plug in several of your favorite stomp boxes. This is not the sound I was looking for. Way too much Twang!!!It can get pretty loud though for a little amp. If your into heavy metal haed banging this might work out. I myself am a little disappointed in this setup.As far as Zzounds goes, I am totaly satisfied. Fast shipping, great customer sevice. I am a devoted Zzounds customer.

When you call, mention priority code 174Q-DW1K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976