When you call, mention priority code 12G8-TKNM

Rating and Reviews: Vox AC4TV Modern Classic

The Vox AC4TV captures vintage tone in a tiny enclosure. The Class A Vox AC4TV is a fantastic amp for recording or practice.

"Buy one and keep it! Good investment." submitted April 16, 2009

Musical Background: Playing for 16 years
Music Style: Blues Rock, Punkish Alternative
Sound: I've had this amp since the middle of March. Don't hesitate, it's great! I have played a numbe rof guitars through this and so far my favorite is a 2006 56'GT Epi with P90's. Blues out the arse! Feature: It's a reissue basically so, no mid or treble but, the 1/4watt is a nice setting but I prefer the 1watt setting the best.. The 4 watt setting almost sounds too much for the cab and will vibrate your tubes to pieces quickly. Nice thing is it comes stock with Sovteks, not cheap asian tubes like the blackhearts. Ease of Use: Great.. Quality: Seems fantastic. Overall: At 329.99 Canadian it's a good litttle amp with looks and tone to kill.

"Great amp!" submitted October 26, 2009

Eric from zZounds
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician.
Music Style: Blues/Rock
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: The sounds is great. It's rare to see an amp of this wattage being run into a speaker as large as 10 inches. This makes the amp useful for recording especially, as well as live and practicing. It's got the Vox sound that I love. Feature: Sometimes less is more, and this is certainly one of those cases. The controls are simple, which can keep cost down and quality up. It would be nice to have some eq, but you could easily just use an eq pedal. Ease of Use: Super easy simple to use. Plug in guitar, turn it on, and dial in your tone. Quality: For this price range it's hard to beat the build quality. Everything feels very solid, including the switches. The amp looks great too; I played a show with it and got multiple comments on how nice it looks! Value: In my opinion, best feature set of an amp of this type in this class. The Wow Factor: Looks great, sounds great, great brand.

"The little amp that could and da#* well did!!!!!" submitted November 20, 2010

Musical Background: 2 yr.s
Music Style: rock, blues, led zep, trying to learn it all. basically a sponge.
Sound: This amp sounds great. I have a vox vt 15 watt and this little amp sounds just as good, better really because of the all tube design. I play 3 guitars through it, an epi sg prophecy with Gibson dirty fingers pups, an epi lp standard plain top with stock pups and an epi swingster that has the new style pups. This little monster of an amp makes them all sound so unique its like having 3 different amps in one. Crank the volume all the way up with the sg and you have back in black, black dog with the lp and credence green river on the swingster (half volume cleaned up). It really will go from very clean and crisp to that British crunch very easily. I also run a ibanez tube screamer reissue and an boss distortion pedal thru it and the amp handles them without a lot of noise. Try one out for yourself and be ready for a pleasant surprise. Feature: Simple volume, tone, wattage chickenhead controls and an on off toggle switch what more do you want! Ease of Use: Your in trouble if you can't figure this one out Quality: Very solid build for a China made product, at least there's no lead paint.(I hope!) Value: If you can find a better amp in its class buy it yesterday. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them on this product. The Wow Factor: Looks very clean and the stitching on the speaker cover is awesome Overall: The sound is the heart of any amp in my humble opinion, and this little killer has all the heart you could possibly cram in this little box.

"Little package; huge tone" submitted August 18, 2013

By Daniel H in Cheyenne, WY
Musical Background: many years semi-pro
Music Style: all
Overall: I was looking for a recording and practice amp that could get me an AC30-like tone in a package that won't upset the neighbors. The AC4TV appeared to be the perfect solution. When it arrived, I put it through it's paces and discovered that, while it can do the AC30 shimmery sound, it offers a character all its own. What I'm talking about is a copious amount of tube saturated overdrive tone that can do anything from jazz to hard rock. The diversity on this amp is fantastic for it only having volume, tone, output, and power on/off controls. While it won't do big, heavy modern rock or metal on its own, it takes pedals extremely well so the sky is pretty much the limit. It also has an external speaker output so it can hook up to a 16 ohm cabinet. That means it's not a problem if you don't like the 10" Celestion (which is very good BTW). The Vox AC4TV is lightweight and very loud for a 4 watt amplifier. I would feel confident in taking it to a small gig. Overall, I'm very happy with this amp and would buy it again in a heartbeat. Thanks Vox and Zzounds!

"Classic Vox tones in a Small Package (I said package ha ha)" submitted March 20, 2011

Musical Background: performer and instructor
Music Style: rock, country, blues, pop, classical, metal
Sound: Sound quality is the #1 reason I bought this amp. Classic Vox tones in a small practice amp, which is how I will be using this amp. I may record with it a little bit, but mostly it's for practice. Iit's much easier to practice when you have a good tone, and most small practice amps sound horrible, but this one is amazing. Feature: I give this a 9 because it has 3 controls, volume tone & wattage. That should be all you need really, and I appreciate the simplicity of this type of amp, but with some of my guitars there is a little too much low-midrange in the tone, and it would be nice to have more EQ control than just the one knob to help balance out for different guitars. But overall it's meant to be a simple amp, it's very true to the signal that you put into it. Ease of Use: I would have to say it's the easiest amp I've ever used since it only has 3 knobs to mess with. Quality: It seems very good quality. I dont think its meant to be gigged with, it might be not take well to being transported and roughed up a lot, since it is small but for practice and recording it should be just fine. Value: Value definitely a 10, for this price it blows away similar small wattage amps. (i.e. marshall, fender amps which I have experience with) Manufacturer Support: I am giving 10, but I dont really know, haven't dealt with the company directly. The Wow Factor: I give this a 10 also, because beyond the awesome tone, Vox gave this amp an awesome retro look which I think is very cool. Overall: I own 4 amps - a Soldano half stack, a Fender Hot Rod 40 watt, those two I gig with, and then I have a Marshall 15 watt practice amp, and this Vox 4 watt practice amp. I keep this one at home and the Marshall I use to teach with at my music school. Every amp has its own purpose, I bought this amp because I love the sound and I needed something small that I could jam at home for practice, writing, recording, etc so for that it fits the bill perfectly. If something happened to it, I would probably get another one because I appreciate what it does.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Small Amp, big bang for the buck.. it's a steal." submitted May 22, 2009

Musical Background: Active Muso and hobbyist
Music Style: Blues, rock
Sound: This is an awesome little amp with great true tube tone. Knocks out very decent volume, but sounds clear & true at lower volumes too. Has that beautiful "old vox" English feel with ringing halo tube sound and makes even one of my crappy guitars sound good. Seriously for practice, small gigs and pure pleasure, get it. Feature: Being able to dial it to 1/4, 2 & 4 watts is awesome, combined with the chicken head tone & volume knobs and using your guitar to drive the volume, this thing rock with true tone and some cool distortion. Just let the tubes warm up for at least 15 mins and any rattle & hum vanishes. It has what you need, except a standby mode to keep the tubes ready to roll would have been good, otherwise it's just true vintage style no frills unbloodycomplicated good. Ease of Use: It's idiot proof, seriously. Quality: It seems very solid and well built, but time will tell, especially on the tubes. It's not overly heavy, but substantial enough and it looks high end & vintage funky. Nice details. Value: Nothing else in this price point comes close and I have been looking at every tube under 500 bills for months. Even the Orange AD5 at twice the price is not better. Manufacturer Support: Too new to have dealt with any support. The Wow Factor: It's a vintage re-issue more or less, so it's sexy, compact and looks like it should. It's not a marshall stack, so if amps are in any way a "size matters" guy thing for you, this is not for you. Try the half stack ;) and get over yourself. Overall: I expect to have this as long as I play, which I hope is a long time. I intend to mic it & record and may spring for the (or a) 12 inch cab at some point, but for now this thing for practice, pleasure & recording is just right for all that and I doubt I'll look to replace it at all.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Simple and Good" submitted September 28, 2012

By Michael Rivard in Seattle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: doing lessons for guitar and piano.
Overall: Vox is a little rough with warranty service, getting timely response, to home user or repair shop, but they gave a free upgrade to this 10" amp. It sounds great with guitar, not good with piano, no bass, line noise. Plan to get second identical 10" in a few days to hook up stereo reverb. A technical note is the back panel has short speaker wires, so if it's pulled more than an inch the wires bend the hook up tabs so they nearly snap off. Thankfully Vox engineers provide 2 tabs for both + and - wires to get full signal again to speaker.

"The VOX AC4TV Big sound in small package" submitted May 18, 2009

Musical Background: hobbyist/recording/producing
Music Style: jazz/blues/fusion
Sound: This little amp sounds remarkably good with a 10" speaker at 4 watts. It does seem a bit too loud for its size and would probably crank out better with an additional separate speaker cabinet with a 12" in it. Feature: It's got everything in it I need, tone, volume and attenuator! None of those CRAP amp modeling stupidity things that ruin the original tone of your guitar. Ease of Use: Ease of use? You would have to be a CRETIN if you have trouble operating this amp! Quality: Very good quality and the tubes are good quality, not cheapo junk tubes. I do worry about sound vibration at high volumes loosening up something inside. I would rather use separate speaker cabinet when blasting it. Value: I think the price I paid was a bit too much for a 4 watt practice amp even though its a nice tube amp. Manufacturer Support: ? The Wow Factor: Well I plan to play out with it in a very small lounge nexct week so then I will be able to judge it's sex appeal....depending if all the women in the bar laugh at my tiny amp!!!! Overall: I would say this amp suits me perfectly for now...I can use it to practice, record, and gig......
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Vox AC4RV" submitted March 11, 2013

By John G in Lutz, FL
Musical Background: I play at home
Music Style: rock, blues, other
Overall: This is an excellent amp for practice and low level playing. I love it for what it does.

"Awesome Tone" submitted August 27, 2012

By JACOB JACOBSEN
Overall
Manufacturer Support: (I have only had the amp for two months and have had no technical issues, so my rating on quality and manufacturer support is there because it's required for the review) Overall: This little thing really delivers in putting out great tone at low volume. I'm really amazed how well it sounds and the dynamics. If more power and features I might even gig with it; I'm considering getting the AC30 tube amp.

"This was only $250???" submitted December 22, 2010

Music Style: Rock, blues, jam
Sound: This little box is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I fully expected it to have decent sound, being a class-A Vox. But I was pleasantly surprised. There is no muddy flub on the bottom end. The highs don't wear you out. It's a pleasant tone, unmistakably Vox in heritage. Of course the 4 watt setting sounds the best because it gets that power stage interacting with the speaker, plus you can get a smidgen of singing even order harmonics and feedback that is much harder to coax in the lower settings. However, the 1 watt and 1/4 watt settings have their merits as well. I'd much rather crank this puppy at 1 watt for practice than to use some solid state or modeling whiz bang. It's just alive and real, unlike the non-tube wannbes. Feature: It's two tubes, a volume knob, a tone knob, a power selector, a speaker, and a box. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a one trick pony, but it does that trick very well. I'd rather have a few good one trick ponies in my stable than one jack-of-all-trades master-of-none. I also have a Marshall Class5 for that reason. I'm getting away from my big Mesa Boogies and going to little tone monsters like this amp, and just using A-B boxes to swap amps. I'm MUCH more satisfied with my tonal palette now. Ease of Use: Three knobs. A power switch. No brain surgery here. Quality: It feels rugged, it works as designed, and it doesn't rattle. I haven't taken it apart to see what's inside yet, but it feels good and solid. Only time will tell here. Value: This is the best $250 you can spend on your tone in my opinion. This little box would have been considered a 'boutique' amp just 5-10 years ago when most tube amps were close to the $1000 mark and higher, and little low wattage single channel amps were only made by high end amp companies. Manufacturer Support: I wish that 'unknown' was one of the options, because I've not needed support because it has always worked and worked well. The Wow Factor: It's sexy looking, well made, and sounds like a dream. It's sexy, no doubt about that. The cream tolex and gold highlights are very cool, and the Vox grill cloth is very 1950's-1960's looking. Yeh, its got that factor for sure. Overall: This is just another little amp to add to my tone. It's not replacing anything, it's complimenting my Marshall Class5 and my homemade amp I use for my clean tone (Fender Champ inspired).

"Fantastic, very few complaints" submitted December 24, 2010

Music Style: Rock/Funk/Industrial
Sound: The sound of this amp is amazing. It's by far my favorite of any of my amps. I'm a huge John Frusciante and Jimi Hendrix fan and I've been trying to achieve their sound for a while and I think this helps me get as close as I ever have. Turn it up all the way and maybe even pair it with a distortion pedal and a fender strat and you've got purple haze! I only have one complaint (and this might go in the features section) but It's not quite loud enough for live settings. Even when I run it through a cab 4 watts is just not enough and this is a problem for me becuase my other head is 150 watts all tube which is too loud. Great for recording, not quite as good live. Feature: I gave it an 8 becuase even though it's features are limited, they're really all you need. This amp is very well equalized on its own and if I ever feel the need, I have a pedal for it. My only complaint is that I wish it had a headphones output so I could run it through the P.A. or a larger amp. Ease of Use: Couldn't be easier. Quality: This amp is very well built. It's never broken or had a single problem so far in the year that I've had it. I can never tell about the future but it's given me no reason to worry. Value: Incredible value. A sound like this should be much more expensive. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Good looking, classic, vintage feel. Overall: I plan on using this amp for recording for a long time. Right now, I couldn't afford to replace it if it was lost/stolen but if I had the money, definetly. It does help me very much to meet my musical goals.

"Vox Made A Great Amp, Big surprise!" submitted September 15, 2011

Jesse from zZounds
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: The sound is all tube, all of the time. I have bypassed the attenuation circuit with the result of a little less compressed signal and more dynamics in the top and low end. I do not suggest doing this modification as it does void the warranty. Tonally, the amp is very versatile, it reacts very differently from guitar to guitar and your volume knob is your best friend when trying to control the gain. The gain shaping tone knob and volume have a surprisingly dramatic effect on the tone from 0 to 10. It doesn't have much, but what else does it really need? Feature: The lack of features is, in my opinion, the appeal. This amp's tone isn't restricted or choked from digital effect circuitry or overly complicated high headroom amps that have little purpose in the modern playing world for hobbyist or professional guitarists alike. The low wattage allows the tubes to really react and be pushed to create the electric guitar sound people fell in love with decades ago. Ease of Use: This is an amp that can be turned up and played, guaranteed to sound great without fooling around forever with eq's and gain staging Quality: Well, built cabinet, chassis is solidly mounted and well shocked. I have never heard any rattling nor have I had any issues with the amp since I purchased it. Value: Quality of sound versus price.. Worth every penny. The Wow Factor: Classic Styles, who doesn't love Argyle? Classy piece of gear worth keeping out in the open. Overall: Since I bought this amp, I haven't stopped playing it. When it comes to tone, It holds it's own against a Laney VC30, Marshall JCM800 (master volume), Silver Face Fender Twin Reverb. It's a cornerstone in the collection.

"Good amp for the price but not anything special" submitted April 2, 2010

By a customer from nmsu.edu
Musical Background: Active Muscian
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: While this combo does have a Vox type sound it can sound both sterile and boxy due to the small 8 inch speaker. It does not have much head room but that is to be expected from a 5 watt amp. Its pretty good as a rock and blues amp for someone who does not have the cash for a better tube amp. In my opinion you would be better off saving for tweed champ clone or modding a Epiphone valve junior. Feature: The best part of this amp is the attenuation. It does keep thing at a sane volume level. If disturbing people is a concern this is an excelent feature. Ease of Use: Very easy to use! Quality: It's made in China. Pretty much all the parts are sub-par. Replacing the speaker and tube would do the amp wonders though. Value: For the money not a bad amp. Manufacturer Support: Not sure Overall: If your looking for a low wattage tube amp this ain't bad one. However, if you want an exceptional amp you need to turn elsewhere.

When you call, mention priority code 12G8-TKNM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976