When you call, mention priority code 15TJ-K1BQ

Rating and Reviews: Vox AC30C2 Guitar Amp

Choose the Vox AC30C2 with Celestion Greenback speakers, or the AC30C2X with Alnico Blues speakers. Both amp models are based on the classic Vox AC30 design.

"Soft sweet passionate tone of the gods, fun for all!" submitted August 2, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active musician, recording engineer, arranger.
Music Style: Rock, alternative, Blues.
Sound: The VOX AC30C2 needs no introduction. VOX has spent over 50 years asserting itself into the musical bloodstream by infusing every genre of music from Rock to Funk, Alternative to Pop and everything in between. The VOX AC30C2 delivers on tone in spades. I own the "Classic combo" of the amp and its "Counterpart" the Fender Telecaster. Together I get everything from eery melodies to twangy blues and everything in between. If you are looking to find an amp with a good clean tone your search is over. The VOX can do clean like no other (until you reach the $3000 dollar mark). Feature: The product came with manuals and a power cord. I purchased the control pedal separately and wish that there were some form of dust cover or case for it beyond a custom built one. As for its ease of use, the VOX AC30C2 delivers delicious tone after tone for nearly any setting that you can imagine. Its controls all rest on top of the amp which is perfect for "on the fly" change-ups if you need to do so during a show or practice. Ease of Use: Just about anything you do with this amp makes it sound good. Plug and play. Quality: Like any tube amp owner, I take extra care when toting this around to practices and shows. Beyond that, the quality and style are excellent. Value: I wheeled and dealed this sweet baby for $800 brand new (Free shipping and no tax too!). Best $800 I have spent in years. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it yet. VOX is a Korg subsidiary tho and I would imagine that they are as nice as Korg has been in the past. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal of a product really translates to who is using it. If VOX is your style, then this amp will get you laid! Overall: This amp will be my main amp for most everything I need to do. The only exception is that I may have to purchase a 4x12 unit for it in the future. Another great feature of the amp is that it can be used as a "Head" for your cabinet if you really need more sound.

"Tube heaven when you boost it!" submitted July 29, 2013

By DJB Manifestomode in Downey, CA
Overall
Music Style: Experimental Blues, Psychedelic rock, industrial, ambient, Electronic, experimental jazz, classic rock, house, minimal
Sound: Bouncy reactive and crisp. I love Vox!,.its a great stereo companion to the Night Train 50 I have. I like sending the preamp sound of my Blackstar HT-20 into the FX loop. This amp has a great feel and has great harmonic overtones. This is a collectible piece of art that will go down as one of the most sold and recorded tube amps in history and prob the future! Feature: I like that you can jumper the two channels, the tremolo is great sounding and the FX-loop does its job well. Ease of Use: It takes a few minutes to understand that your gain is a volume nob and is interactive with the master volume to get the saturation you want. Great for bedroom levels with the master volume. It's kinda heavy. No it's heavy, specially since I'm not working out lately. Along with my Zoom G9.2tt tube screamer and my vintage tube monster it's a tubey creamy full sound, a dream come true! Quality: Exceptional! But there is that dust scratchy crackle sound at the lower setting on the master volume,. But I'm sure it's just dust. Value: It's prob worth more since its as classic as you can get. To me it's boutique sound at around a grand. You can't beat that since its boutiques are often around 3k! Manufacturer Support: They helped me with a exchange since Zzounds ran out of Black Comet Editions. The first one died on me not sure why but these things happen with tube amps sometimes. They where accommodating me well. The Wow Factor: People the reason why tube amps can be sexy is that they get certain girls excited if they like the sound, and the sound is sonic to say the least. Black Comet limited Edition is prob the sexiest amp there is! Overall: This will forever be a classic, From the Beatles Led Zeppelin to U2 and Radio Head,. This could easily be the most recorded tube amp in the history of Rock. This is a sonic tone monster hands down a powerful asset to any arsenal of a tube amp collector. A perfect man amp. It's not really high gain but if you know what your doing with a boost pedal like a screamer,.its Tube Heaven! I bought the Black Comet limited edition,.beautiful amp! Thank you Zzounds for the amazing payment plans. I plan on being a regular customer for life!

"if you buy this amp you wont be disappointed. the red model is great too, limited to 550 so get it while it lasts." submitted March 14, 2011

Overall
Sound: the tone of this amp is as good as anything ive heard. it has amazing crisp highs and when accompanied by the built in reverb its soothing to the ears. i love a nice clean tone with mellow bass and a nice mid punch and thats just what i get from the ac30. im a song writer and guitarist and i know when the shows start lining up this amp will get me through even the toughest crowds. Feature: its nice having a top boost input for really piercing the ears with extra gain. also included is a reverb dial which is up there with the twin, and a tremolo which is a sweet little bonus. Ease of Use: its as simple as they come. let the tubes warm up a couple minutes and youre ready to play. i play a les paul through it and even with the heavy gain and distortion the amp keeps its legendary clear sound. so id say its one of the most versatile amps on the market. Quality: solid. although it weighs in at around 75 pounds, its worth all the weight. the knobs and switches are tight and durable. one small feature that is really nice is the metal speaker cage on the back that protects the tubes and speakers from getting damaged. it seems like vox really went the extra mile to make sure they not only give you an excellent product, but to give you something that will last a long time. Value: ive played expensive orange and marshall amps that play loud and have great tone, but are they worth the high dollar? for a grand i got all i need and more. i was going to get a fender twin but decided to save some money and go with the vox, and let me tell you, im glad i did. Manufacturer Support: havent talked to vox about the amp, but zzounds was great dealing with. the play as you pay deal is super. not to mention i got the amp two days after putting the order in. The Wow Factor: i wouldnt say i "lust" for it, thats what women are for. but the design and beauty of the red color, the argile speaker cover, thats all nice, but when i plug into it i lose sense of whats around me and let the sound sooth me. its just the right look, loudness, and tone. Overall: although theres many other amps and instruments i would love to aquire, until i can afford them ill be perfectly content with my vox.
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Vox AC30C2" submitted August 7, 2014

By Matthew McCray in WEST MIFFLIN, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 24 years and I have been a professional musician. Currently I play with friends locally.
Music Style: Indie rock, hardcore, punk, acoustic.
Overall: I bought this amp because I needed a combo amp so I didn't have to drag my half stacks around to jam with friend. Despite what everyone recommends, I purchased the greenbacks instead of the blues. I cannot express how awesome the amp sounds. The tones you can get from this amp are limitless. I don't think I have ever messed with the settings on an amp as much as I have with this one. After they have been broken in, the greenbacks sound amazing. I cannot recommend this amp enough. As always, purchasing it from zzounds gives you the best price and customer service of any merchant I have ever worked with.

"Loven My Vox" submitted March 23, 2014

By Brian Broussard in Elkview, WV
Musical Background: 30+ years
Music Style: Classic rock, new wave, punk, R&B, grunge
Overall: This VOX amp is one that I've been wanting for several years but was never able to purchase because I felt it was a luxury item that I didn't really need. But I finally treated myself and could not be happier about. It is all that they say it is: beautiful chimy harmonics, a real organic beauty that's clear and warm and bright and gritty and punchy at intervals. Dial up your sounds with a wide range of options. Incredible versatility and-- AGAIN-- the sound is just perfect.

"Not for Amateurs " submitted February 7, 2013

By Steve T. in Garden Grove, CA
Musical Background: 40 years. Guitar/Drums/Lead Vocals
Music Style: Classic 60s Rock.
Overall: When first toying with this little monster, I was a little frustrated and not too impressed with the sound. it took a good half hour to figure out what this thing could do. Being that it is based on the mind set of an English individual who designed it in the late 50s, it's kind of like driving on the left side of the road instead of the right. Once you get going, you get used to it's novel settings. I love the tight clean bright tone that makes you want to keep playing for hours. I also leave it connected with the jump cable which give you not one, not two but three volume control simultaneously. The only thing I was not impressed with was the reverb. It was a little weak even at full tilt. I have reason to believe it's not working properly as I have heard nothing but good review of it. The attention to visual detail is near impeccable. I also should mention that zzound gave me not only a highly competitive price but it was ordered Sunday afternoon and arrive Tuesday. Unbelievable customer service. As with most of the other reviewers, I should note that this thing is not fun to carry. Have a dolly or cart nearby. 72 lbs for the Celestion model and 74+. I have the Celestions.

""Blemished" AC30 is a winner" submitted May 8, 2014

By Matt F in Richmond, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 18 years on bass, guitar and drums for several different bands.
Music Style: Mostly rock ranging from typical indie sounds to shoegaze and stoner rock.
Overall: This item was designated as blemished but came to me without so much as a scratch on it. All of the functions are working properly and it is exactly what I would have expected out of a new amp. It has all of the classic AC-30 tones that would be expected with an iconic amp. I have even stopped using a distortion pedal as often preferring to plug in to the high-boost section for the nice break up.

"Best amp I've every played" submitted May 10, 2012

By Perry C in Chatham, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I have a band. Fender tele. I've played for almost six years now.
Music Style: Instrumental, punk, experimental, jazz, black metal.
Overall: After many reviews and trips to guitar center to try the amp out, I finally decided this was the one for me. I have to admit, when I first recieved it I was a bit disappointed. The amp sounded great, but not up to par with other ac30s I played. I have no idea what happened, but one month later and this is the best sounding amp I've every played. I honestly doubt I'll need any other amp. My main rig is a bunch of pedals and a Fender Tele. The ac30 really brings out my tele's character. I would recomend this amp to anyone.

"VTB" submitted October 18, 2012

By TOM BAIRD
Musical Background: 40 YRS+
Music Style: BRITISH POP AND BLUES
Overall: GET THE GREENBACK SPEAKERS

When you call, mention priority code 15TJ-K1BQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976