When you call, mention priority code 154L-RJ2P

Rating and Reviews: Vox AC15C1 Guitar Amp

The Vox AC15C1 Custom offers chiming, classic Vox tone. With Normal and Top-Boost channels, plus spring reverb, this tube amp will take you back to the '60s.

"Solid Tool, Great Tone!!!" submitted September 1, 2011

By a customer from charter.net
Overall
Music Style: Blues / Rock, Rock.
Sound: This amp has many sounds, I use it for Blues Rock and it fills both the genre's very efficiently, I find it to have a great clean tone and a light overdrive. Both are very useable. Feature: It would have been nice to have channel switching. Ease of Use: Pretty easy to dial in a real decent tone. Quality: It is built heavy, I have been using mine a lot in the last year and a half. Value: Great price. The Wow Factor: Dumb question. really! Overall: This is a great sounding amp, I have been playing a lot of medium sized clubs and hasn't disappointed me yet.

"Vox AC15 112" submitted August 11, 2013

By Gator M in Fort Worth, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 40+ years, guitar and vocals, play professionally. Have opened for and backed national acts.
Music Style: blues and rock
Overall: This is one of the very best amps in this price range, without question. I've always like vintage amps and own several --54 Bassman 115, 59 Bassman 412, Concert 410, 37 Gibson EH-150 112, as well as a Peavy Delta Blues which is a great blues amp. Never owned a Vox before this one. I had tried a friends and fell in love with it. Having played for more than 40 years, I learned long ago that the 15-30 watt amps are my faves because I can overdrive them naturally and get better sound than any pedal can create. It also gives you great flexibility in your live performance by using your guitar's volume controls to achieve more drive with increased volume. The unique part of this amp is 2 fold. First, of course, you can dial in the clean chimey sounds that the early Beatles, the Byrds, and the Tom Petty get with the 3 12AX7 preamp tubes combined with EL84 tubes--a match made in heaven. I expected that. But what really surprised me was the unique tone you can get by overdriving this little monster. The natural overdrive of this amp delivers more natural sustain than I've ever gotten w/o a box (or without using a huge Marshall stack in a large setting). The natural sustain hangs on completely until you hit the next note. And let's face it, in 90% of the places most of us play, 15 watts of pure tube power is all you'll need. So getting this kind of sustaining overdrive in a small amp is really special. I play mainly blues, but also some rock. I know some blues purists will castigate me for leaving my 54 bassman (24 watts) at home and bringing my Vox, but I remember playing with Little Milton, who always played through an AC30, and he was a blues diety. Do yourself a favor before you spend $600 on another amp and try out this baby---spend a little time with it in a room because the settings are very sensitive, but make sense once you spend about 10 minutes with it. The spring reverb is adequate, not great. The tremolo is useful and more than adequate, but the tone is the king in this little beast. Don't let the brand name fool you--this amp can do it well in rock, blues or country.

"Vox finally back again like the early days!" submitted July 13, 2010

By a customer from aceweb.com
Musical Background: Pro...British Invasion
Music Style: Professional Classic Rock
Sound: If you really like the Vox sound for British Invasion along with Classic Rock.... this one is great !!! played Vox all my life ! there back with this new design and it couldn't be better... I've had mine for about 3 months no problems so far...it's build pretty damm good! don't worry about the china made thing ...it's under strict Vox British design and control in China! Ease of Use: GrEat! Quality: Just about as good as anything Value: Top Notch! Manufacturer Support: Any problems contact Korg in New York... good support! Overall: Its a Keeper!

"AC15C1" submitted April 9, 2012

By Johnny C in Boca Raton, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for eight years. I've played at a couple different Churches, and am going to study commercial music.
Music Style: Instrumental Rock, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert.
Overall: This is an awesome amp. It has really good clean sound, as well as an nice overdriven sound. I love the ability to crank the channel volume, and lower the master so I can get a nice crunch, while being at bedroom volume at the same time. Takes pedals very well. Overall, a great amp.

"Vox AC15" submitted June 26, 2013

By Joshua M in Wetumpka, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I've played for almost 2 years now and I am a hobbyist.
Music Style: Classic rock
Sound: It has the exact clean tone I always wanted to get out of a guitar amp. Chimey and harmonically complex. This combo produces amazing cleans with overtones you can hum along to. If you need more overdrive you'll have to buy a pedal. Feature: The tremolo is a nice touch. The reverb is underwhelming. It's perfectly simple. Ease of Use: Not much fiddling needs to be done. Leave the top boost alone and crank the normal channel. Your guitars knobs can do the rest. Use top boost for clean sounds and maybe a fuzz pedal. Quality: Easily the most upsetting characteristic about this amp. I have had it a year but replaced the V1 tube for a Mullard reissue. The tubes sit on a pcb board that flexes under slight pressure. It's very unnerving changing tubes in this amp. The stock tubes make a lot of noise. This amp has terrible tube rattle but unfortunately most combos at this price point do too. Be very gentle with this product. Value: ZZounds helps you own this amp at only 150 dollars a month. If you're on the fence about this one just give it a try. It is a good value at 600 dollars. I may try out the hand wired in the future. Manufacturer Support: Korg is saving Vox. Their customer service is great. Vox amplifiers may have (sadly) never been built this well. The Wow Factor: It looks very classy. One might say dapper. It sounds different too. Overall: This is a great sounding amplifier for the mid sixties classic rock sound. Put a fuzz into it and you're in psychedelia heaven.

"Amazing amp" submitted February 10, 2014

By Ian D
Overall
Overall: I tried out several amps in this price range before making a purchase, and the AC15 is the way to go. The tone is amazing and is very responsive to your playing. Turning up the channel volume gives you a beautiful overdriven sound that is superior to any overdrive you will get with a pedal. The tremolo effect sounds great and so does the reverb as long as you keep it on a low setting. It can get a little out of hand past half way up. The only thing complaint I have is that you cannot switch between the Normal and Top Boost channels, you have to unplug your cord and plug it into another input. (although, you could solve this by purchasing an A/B switch). Also I will add that if you think you don't like this amp at first, give it some time and really play around with the settings. A small change in the Treble or Bass will make a big difference in tone. So make sure to get it dialed in correctly for the sound you like. I purchased this amp to "hold me over" until I could afford a Fender Deluxe Reverb, but I like it so much that I will probably keep it forever.

"It's all about Tone!" submitted April 16, 2012

By Ed Adams in Elmira Heights, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 47 years, been in bands and performed solo, also play harmonica, some keys, and sing.
Music Style: Classic Rock, blues
Overall: I made the decision to guy this amp after buying it's little brother (AC4TV8* used, and being totally blown away by the sound that was coming from it, and I am not disappointed. I can not believe how loud 15 watts is first of all, having used a solid state amp all of my life I had never even used a tube amp so I had no idea what to expect. But volume is not the most amazing part about this amp, it is the tone. Whether you are playing clean, or using reverb or the tremolo functions, the clarity and punch you get from this thing is remarkable. I'm selling my old solid state because after hearing this thing I can't see myself ever wanting to use it again. Whether you are playing rock or blues, you won't find a better sounding amp in my opinion, so do yourself a favor and grab one of these bad boys! Have not had to use support so rating is irrelevant.

"AC15C1" submitted August 24, 2012

By Rick C in Fort Smith, AR
Overall
Musical Background: 30 yrs, guitar and lap steel, learning Oud. Rarely professional, play with friends at home.
Music Style: No boundaries with respect to style. I love good music, period.
Overall: Excellent amp! Not too crazy about the reverb, but tone is great!

"So far, very happy." submitted June 10, 2010

By a customer from losergeek.com
Music Style: Punk, Rock, Indie
Sound: This amp has the tone that I've been searching for my whole life. That creamy natural british overdrive. It's just perfect. I used to play a marshall jcm600, and really pushed the tubes in the clean channel to get that sound, but never used the dirty channel. This amp breaks up really nicely at low volumes adn really doesn't need a dirty channel. If you are looking for a clean amp though, look somewhere else - you can get the vox chime if you keep the gain low, but you're never going to get fender type tones out of it. I was a little worried about the volume considering I play in a loud 7 peice punk band, and at practice the master volume sits comfortably around 5; it's really loud....not just for a 15 watt amp, but for any 1x12. Feature: Not a lot of features - 2 channels, one with EQ, one without. But the analog trem is really nice, and although some people find the reverb a little muddy, this version is a big improvement over the last one and I find it nice dialed in around 4. I don't know technically what type of reverb it is, but it sounds more like a hall reverb than a spring if that helps. Ease of Use: Can't go wrong - couple knobs, couple switches. Crank the channel volume for overdrive, stay on the master for clean. Done and done. Quality: Hard to tell so far. It seems solid and well built. The metal switches and inputs are definitely an improvement over plastic, but Vox has a reputation these days, so I feel better having a warrantee rather than picking one up second hand. The back is semi-closed as well, which gives it a good bit of weight, but makes it feel more solid which is good when an amp is made of MDF. Value: I picked this up for 610$ canadian - cheaper than a blues jr and 150$ cheaper than the old versin of this amp went for. You really can't beat the price. I can replace the tubes 2 or 3 times and still be under what I think this amp is worth. Manufacturer Support: Dunno yet - hopefully won't need to find out. The Wow Factor: This is one sexy amp. Classic Vox. Overall: With any luck I will never get rid of this amp. It seems to be a good one for upgrads/mods, so I see it being a permanent part of my collection in one role or another.
10 of 15 people (66.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Could be all I need..." submitted February 1, 2012

By Sonny C in Venice, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist, started earning money playing in 1974 at 16... Never looked back...
Music Style: Old School Soul, Classic Rock, Blues, Jump Blues... Americana (Country Rock)
Overall: Very impressed with my new Vox AC15... Even right out of the box! Once I upgraded the tubes it was even more impressive. I have been using a Marshall JTM45 Bluesbreaker for many, many years... I needed something smaller. And this amp already comes with my fav speaker... and after hearing DEMO's online I pretty much knew it could do the job. I have absolutely no problem with headroom... and if I did... just adding another 16 ohm cabinet would bring it down to 8 ohms... or if you needed even more... Use a more efficient speaker. Now, if you still don't have enough headroom... Find a new band! LOL It's a great amp... I also own a Marshall 50 watt Plexi besides my Bluesbreaker and a Dr. Z Remedy Clone.

"Sweet amp with tone!" submitted October 12, 2012

By Rick S in Riner, VA
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years. playing the guitar. Recording artist.
Music Style: Rock, shoegaze.
Overall: This was my first tube amplifier purchase. It has a vox tone that with careful EQing you can get a pristine clean to a tube overdrive. The reverb is nice and much improved over the older AC15CC. The AC15C1's reverb tails off "after" a sound, as opposed to where you sound like your in a room. Tremolo sounds good (hardly ever use it). I did do a "bright mod" on the C8 capacitor and it sounds less harsh. The Celestion greenback speaker is good but I am going to get an AlNiCo Celestion blue that sounds less dark. I love this amplifier for it's crisp sound. Well work the money.

"Red Edition a MUST!!!" submitted February 23, 2011

Music Style: Rock and Roll
Sound: VOX really outdid themselves with the AC15C1 Red Edition. Only 1000 of these were made, and they were custom built! The sound is True VOX! As with valve amps, each have their own character, and this baby is unreal! I tried a regular C1, and it was a little sterile, but overall nice... I don't know if its my imagination, but this little red box is a BEAST of Tone! If you can do it, GET ONE!!! Feature: The Amp itself is amazing! Beautiful tone, the Greenback only adds to the splendor! I am a mod freak, and I don't think I am going to touch this one at all! Until it needs new valves... The only drawback is No Foot Switch! I think it is pretty chinsy not to include the $30 pedal... But, that's just me... Ease of Use: Right out of the box, 20 minutes to let the valves warm up, and BAM!!! It was roaring... Quality: I am very picky, and this amp was put together FLAWLESSLY!!! Kudos to VOX on the Red Edition... Value: Excellent Price for a wonderful amp... Manufacturer Support: I hope I never will... Korg are creeps to deal with... The Wow Factor: The look of this Amp is PURE Vintage! And true Quality!!! Overall: Being the owner of a lot of Tube Amps, this is truly one of the most impressive! I am shocked that I love this thing that much! Like I said, the Red Edition is completely different!

"Great Amp" submitted October 1, 2012

By Rashad Wilson in Chesapeake, VA
Musical Background: 6+ years jamming with friends
Music Style: Indie/Alternative rock
Overall: This amp is unreal! A 15-watt, all tube combo that packs a lot of power. If you're into small to medium venues this amp is perfect. Even if you're using it as a practice amp in your room it still has great tone at low levels. If you're a pedal player like me this amp will do well with them. No effects loop like the ac15 twin or ac30, but still executes great tone.

"Amazing amp" submitted January 17, 2012

By John N in Chambersburg, PA
Musical Background: 4 years playing in live settings
Music Style: Elevation Worship style worship in church and pop punk.
Sound: The tone of this thing is so clean, and even on the normal channel without an EQ it sounds incredible. I play worship in church (Elevation Worship style) and it works so well, but I also play in a pop punk band, and it still works great. Feature: The amp has two inputs, one that has an EQ and one that doesn't. I prefer to use the Top Boost channel, which does have an eq, just because I like a little more bass. Ease of Use: Takes pedals extremely well and sounds amazing right out of the box. Quality: Very nicely made and feels like a tank. I wouldn't go throwing it out any windows, but this thing could take a beating and will last a while. Value: Extremely good deal, and such an affordable amp. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any support. The Wow Factor: It's a vox. The grill and everything just looks really nice, and is already turning heads in church and at shows. Overall: The amp itself is incredible, the tone is so clean and anything you run through it sounds like gold.

When you call, mention priority code 154L-RJ2P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976