When you call, mention priority code 14Y0-JBZP

Rating and Reviews: VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp

Drive out the competition with the VHT Special 6 guitar amplifier. It includes 6V6 output tubes for classic power and tone.

"It rocks!" submitted September 17, 2012

By S B
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 15 years, used dozens of amps. I play in a band and mainly use my modded EPI Les Paul and Fender USA special strat.
Music Style: Symfonic rock, bluesrock, alternative..
Overall: I have the Special 6 head and use it with a 1X12" handbuilt cab with an Celstion V30 and a 2X12 cab with Eminence Wizzard speakers. It really does give you a true valve amp sound. Way more authentic then any comparable Blackstar amp (those are filled with circuit boards to "mimic" stuff). It's volume is surprising for a 6 watt amp. When you take the amazing price point into consideration, nothing really beats this thing. I also own a modded Jet city 20 head. It's a totally different amp and does sound like it has more "dimension" then the Special 6. However, that's comparing shoes to bananas. Nice tip: Use a bigger amp as your "left" and the stereo output of a delay unit to power the special 6. You will enter smooth valve stereo heaven...It is built solid, weighs nearly nothing.. No complaints there. Just expect a small tube amp, it is not a Mesa metal machine (those who thought it is, you should really do some homework). That being said, it does take pedals better than i expected. I have no experience with manufacturer support, bit it's a mandatory score. The amp's circuit is so simple, you could easily have it repaired by any old "audiophile".

"Great sounding low-watt head and a great value." submitted December 12, 2011

Musical Background: 40 yrs
Music Style: blues-rock
Sound: I have the head version of this amp. It definetly performed better than I thought it would. Nice tone- not as dark as mentioned in other reviews. I really like the compression and response even at lower volume levels. The effects loop is tube buffered and also sounds good with all my reverb and delay pedals. Good bang for the buck! GuitarJeff. Feature: The tone controll and the "watts" knob are very usefull in scultping the tone and output. I have not been inside it yet so no comment on parts/components. Ease of Use: Takes a little experimentation to find the tones. Works well with pedals.Very playable\inspiring. Quality: Seems well made and reliable. Value: Absolutely. Manufacturer Support: No dealings w/company yet. The Wow Factor: Very appealing for someone who wants to rock out without unhappy neigbors. Overall: If lost I would replace it.

"Exceeded all my expectations" submitted January 21, 2013

By Dave T in Nashua, NH
Overall
Musical Background: telecaster, stratocaster, les paul, in a few bands
Music Style: Rock, blues, christian,
Sound: Like most new pieces of equipment, you have to experiment for at least a few days. What I found is the Ultra channel is crap, but the clean channel is really beautiful. It makes most other amps I've played sound processed. This is raw and rich and really lets the tone of each of my guitars come through. Feature: Least useful: The ultra channel is terrible. I use only the clean channel with a Fulltone OCD for crunch.distortion. The tone controls either do too much or not enough, so I leave them at center. Least Useful: The boost feature is terrible, It removes the tone stack when engaged and creates a honking mess. Don't use it. Most useful: the line out and effects loop are great, as is the 12" speaker. I use a Line6 M9 for modulation, delay and reverb in the effects loop. Beautiful ! Having an eyelet board construction fulfilled a requirement I had to allow the amp to be changed as I see fit. I currently like what I'm hearing from the stock amp. Ease of Use: It took me a few days to get it to where I wanted it. Finally, setting it to 6W, max'ing out wattage for more headroom, using only the clean channel and keeping the tone controls at center allows me to use the controls of my M9 and OCD and guitar volume and tone to get my sounds. Quality: A+ This is a solid combo amp that's not too heavy and I think it will last a long time Value: Super value. I tried the Blackstar HT5 and the Egnater Tweaker 112. The backstair sounded compressed and processed and fizzy. The Egnater sounded flat and uninspiring. With the VHT, I am hearing pick dynamics like I've never heard. A great value! Manufacturer Support: No experience with support yet. The Wow Factor: Nice case, not too heavy or large to transport. Overall: I made a list of what I wanted in an amp- 1x12 combo, not too heavy, all tube, effects loop, line out, bedroom level attenuator - and this amp had it all. The only thing I wish it had was built in reverb. Awesome amp.

"Not bad at all" submitted March 11, 2014

By Jim C in Hampton bays, NY
Music Style: Rock,,metal,
Overall: Not bad for the price. Great tones. I read in another review that its like a Super Champ and Plexi. That statement is dead on. It doesnt have a standard eq but once you figure out what each setting does, its fairly easy to find a tone you are looking for. What sold me were an effects loop, hand wired and an attenuator. Great for Rock, Rock blues, and hard rock.

When you call, mention priority code 14Y0-JBZP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976