When you call, mention priority code 140J-MTFV

Rating and Reviews: Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2

Feed clean, hum-free juice to power-hungry pedals -- with 4 Boss-type ACA outputs, 2 Line 6-type outputs, and 2 SAG outputs for simulating drained batteries.

"Expensive but worth it" submitted July 16, 2013

By Steve S in Miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, been playing 6 to 7 years mostly jamming at home on my own or with a small band
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Metal
Sound: Sounds Great. Very Quiet. I don't regret it. It consistently powers my pedals right regardless of whats around me. If I'm using single coils or humbuckers, playing with my tv on or by a computer. It keeps things quiet. Feature: This thing can power anything. Read the manual, tells you how to power n get more voltages and what not. If you need some extra cables or more different ones, you'll have to get them or an adaptor or whatever. That's its only downfall. But then again, how would they know if you're using a bunch of specially powered pedals. Better than a 1SPOT any day, neater too. Ease of Use: Its easy as connect your pedals if youre using standard 9V pedals like boss. Quality: This thing is a brick. Literally a brick. You see, feel, and hear the quality. Super reliable. I mean you already spent a small fortune on your pedals, so don't skip out on what powers them. Spend the extra cash, it'll outlive what you paid for it no matter what. Value: I didn't think it was worth $170 in the beginning. But when I hear the noise from before and after. The cost of me using batteries would've passed $170 a long time ago. Manufacturer Support: No need to contact them. It was great out of the box. The Wow Factor: I don't regret it. I do wish it was cheaper, but I'm glad I got it. It went with my pedaltrain perfectly as they said. My pedals are super quiet, and protected. Plus, if a gig place doesn't have good electricity or the power goes this thing will keep them running and sounding right and protect them. I think a piece of mind and consistency in the long run make this power supply better than the others. Overall: I'll start this off by saying this is one of the few supplies that ISOLATES EACH AND EVERY PEDAL, and protects them. This thing makes pedals quiet. I had a boss eq pedal and an ehx small clone that made noise with my 1SPOT while they were off. This got rid of all of the noise. A little comes through when my Small Clone is on, but not as bad as before. Thats just a noisy pedal anyways. Everything else on my board is silent on or off. It comes with enough cables but make sure you know ahead of time what type of pedals you're using and how much voltage and current they're because if you are using a bunch of pedals with random plugs like certain EHX n Line 6 pedals, you'll have to order some cables for those. This thing is super versatile. Especially the Sag voltage feature. Thats what made it worth it. It mounted perfectly under my pedal train 2 (took a couple tries drilling though). The cables were long enough to power my pedals even the ones at the ends of the board.

"Paying for silence" submitted June 30, 2006

Overall
Sound: The sound - or lack there of - is amazing. I originally had just a few pedals that I hooked up using 9v DC adapters plugged into a power strip which added a little bit of noise. I added more pedals and decided to get a DC adapter that lets you plug in 5 pedals to the same wall wart plug, that added a TON of noise. I got the VooDoo and now it's silent. I can have as much gain and distortion as I want and the amp will sound like nothing's plugged into the input. Feature: Nice that you can switch between adapter types ACA and whatever the other one is. I don't have any Line6 so two of the outputs won't be usefull unless I buy line6.. hmm. I plugged my distortion pedal into the SAG (which simulates dying bateries and is supposed to sound different) but I couldn't hear anything because our drummer wouldn't shut up. I do wish there was an on/off switch. As is you have to unplug it, hook it up to a power strip with an on/off, or just leave it running. Ease of Use: Plug it in. Quality: Built like a tank Value: Pretty expensive, I haven't tried any others to know if you can get the same quality at a cheeper price. I'll be using this on my pedal board that'll be used in a studio so utter silence was important and I'm willing to pay for it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it The Wow Factor: Looks fine Overall: I like it, I plan on keeping it on my pedal board for a long time. If it breaks I'll look around and see what else is out there but will most likely stick with it.
28 of 30 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Tone w/o Hum!" submitted April 21, 2006

Musical Background: 35 + Years
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock & Country
Sound: No Hum! Feature: This is my second Pedal Power the first works perfectly but I had to get the newer version (2) which has the Line 6 outlets. As I was picking up hum from the other power supply I was using to supply my Line 6 DL4 pedal. Now everything is perfect! Ease of Use: Plug and Play! Quality: Great Quality! Value: You get what you pay for and this is priced right! I would pay more if I had to. But if it were any cheaper it would not be of the same quality. Manufacturer Support: Great Company to do business with! The Wow Factor: I wish it was smaller but if it were the quality would probably suffer. Overall: I bought this twice the first version and now the (2) and if I have to I will buy it again. I was happy with the old model that was only 9 VDC and I am very happy to get rid of the hum that was being caused by my Line 6 DL4 modelers Line 6 power supply. My pedalboard consist of all Fulltone and Voodoo Lab Analog Pedals with the exception of the Line 6 DL4 at the end of the chain.
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Pedal Power 2" submitted June 14, 2013

By Harvey M in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Overall
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Classical.
Sound: Very quiet. Feature: Everything is useful. Ease of Use: N/A Quality: Product seems to be made well. Value: Not sure. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: If you use more than 1 pedal, you need this and a board. It is the only way to go. Overall: The unit works very well. I do have an issue with it though. When I received this and my Pedaltrain 2, I immediately started to install the unit on the underside of the pedaltrain. With the Pedaltrain 2, there are two knobs that protrude outward at the 7 & 8 inputs. This does not allow the power unit to be mounted underneath. I called zzounds and told them about this. Now maybe the pedaltrain was made slightly wrong, I just don't know. It is mounted on top.

"One of the best!" submitted October 28, 2012

By Christopher K in Decatur, GA
Musical Background: Playing for 33 years, part-time pro
Music Style: Rick, funk, blues, experimental
Overall: Bought this upon recommendation from several players. It is probably the best option to power a larger board, and it is great not to have to deal with batteries, or reconfiguring a daisy chain! The sag feature is a plus for those pedals that react differently with weak batteries. Highly recommended!

"All you ever need!" submitted September 26, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician, Project Studio too
Music Style: Rock, Country, Christian - Contemporary Praise
Sound: This doesn't really have sound, but as a power supply, it definitely does a great job. I have no complaints, and love the flexibility of this tool! I use mine with a pedal train pro (the big boy) and this works great with that. I plan to buy another Power 2 Plus in the next few months, this has worked so well. Feature: Everything you'd want in pedal supply. More options than most probably need. Love the flexibility! Ease of Use: Very straightforward and easy to use. Quality: Well made, very sturdy. With mine on the pedal train, the unit is very secure. You'll want to zip-tie the cables on pedal train, before serious road use. Value: It's not cheap, but well worth the $ spent. If you are considering a pedal train (and I HIGHLY recommend them) this is the way to go for power. Without a board to mount this on, it's a little messy on the floor with a cluster of pedals, but with it anchored to board (with pedals) and the cables tied, it is perfect!!! Manufacturer Support: No need for support. I haven't spoken with Voodoo labs. The Wow Factor: Looks good. Overall: I plan to buy another for the second half of my pedal train pro. I highly recommend this product. It has worked great for me!

"Great Addition To Your Rig" submitted January 6, 2011

By a customer from juno.com
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: Completely quiet and noise free. Feature: This unit gives me a wide variety of combinations that accommodates every pedal I own. It's simple to set up and works perfectly. Ease of Use: The manual is clear and the unit is simple to get up and running. Quality: The Pedal Power is well made, solid, and very compact. Value: It's a bit pricey, but I think you get what you pay for. I especially like the idea of isolated outputs. I travel a lot and like the fact that if one output fails, the others will still get me through. Manufacturer Support: I've had no occasion to contact the manufacturer. The Wow Factor: Not a very sexy addition to your rig, but it works, works well, and is your silent partner during your performances. Overall: I use the Pedal Power mounted underneath my Pedaltrain Jr. I wish I had done this years ago. Nice design, American made, and it works.

"Voodoo Laba Pedal Power 2 Plus Supply" submitted August 21, 2012

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Overall: The Voodoo Lab answers all the problems with power the pedal board. It takes care of the power and cuts back on the noise from the pedals. I would highly recommend this product. The only negative is that I had to order the extra power cord to run the MXR Flanger.

"Great quiet supply, but needs updating.." submitted December 16, 2010

Overall
Feature: It should have a dedicated 18v output instead of merging 2 9 volt outputs together with a special cable. They need to upgrade this for an increasing line of DSP pedals that require higher mA, like strymon, eventide, etc... Value: Pricy, I'd look at the cioks dc10 next time for a little more money will power a broader range of effects. Overall: Need to update to current market...

When you call, mention priority code 140J-MTFV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976