When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-PJHG

Rating and Reviews: Tobias Toby Deluxe IV

A great value on a great-feeling bass, the Toby Deluxe IV sports a comfortable, low-profile bridge and a Tonexpressor knob for robust tone-shaping options.

"extremely satisfied " submitted September 1, 2012

By robert k in nashville, TN
Musical Background: 7 years playing bass in my band
Music Style: Rock progressive rock metal blues
Overall: The guitars overall feel is out of this world. I've always wanted a Tobias bass but couldn't afford one that would be $2200 or more, and I was always unsure about one that came off the line like this one. After playing it at practice, I was stunned. You just can not go wrong with this bass, its 110%!
38 of 39 people (97.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Bass" submitted February 2, 2014

By David Vance in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing on and off for over 30 years.
Music Style: Rock, Punk, Metal
Overall: I'm new to bass guitar and wanted a decent starter bass. This Tobias bass has been outstanding. Great tone, great style, great feel and easy on the wallet. I'm very pleased with this bass!

"Fantastic bass!" submitted May 19, 2015

By Clint C in Kalispell, MT
Overall
Musical Background: I have played music for 34 years. Played in bands, toured, studio, etc.
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Classical, etc.
Overall: I have played drums for years and want to learn a new instrument. So I bought this bass. I looked at purchasing a $700+ bass, but bought this one to be cheap and save some money. I wasn't expecting much, but have been pleasantly surprised. The fit and finish of the instrument is flawless. Not one scratch, nick, ding, color inconsistency, workmanship issue, etc. It is light and plays effortlessly. It doesn't let you down in the sound arena either. It sounds just as good as other basses I have heard costing a lot more. Another reason for choosing this bass over other brands is the lifetime warranty. Overall I am thoroughly impressed with everything about this bass. I highly recommend it.

"This is an entry level bass?" submitted July 7, 2015

By Wes C in Morrison, TN
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Rock, blues, folk, jam
Overall: I am a guitar player who wanted to dabble in bass a bit (I know, another guitar player who thinks they can play bass). In one of the bands I played in the bassist had an original Tobias made by Michael Tobias, a neck through beauty with active electronics. Although this bass is a bolt on neck, the neck heel is nicely contoured and very comfortable. The neck is shaped nicely, not too thin and flat on the back. It has a U shape to it. The tuning keys hold tune and are smooth to turn. The strings don't hang in the nut either. The fret work is adequate. I might have the ends dressed to get rid of some slightly rough edges. I also wish the top edge fret markers were slightly larger because I have trouble seeing them in low light. They are rather small and there are no fretboard inlays of any kind. The pickups and electronics are what sell this thing. The tones this bass can produce are what I would expect from a much more expensive bass. Altogether, I'd say this bass is about 60-75% of what an original Tobias is for a lot less money. At least to me, an inexperienced bass player who knows what a great bass sounds like.

"Tobias Toby Deluxe IV Electric Bass" submitted November 14, 2014

By B Harris in Mira Loma, CA
Musical Background: 1year
Music Style: Jazz, rock, classic rock, heavy metal, blues.
Overall: I am amazed how great this bass sounds. Needed a little setup out of box but nevertheless this is an excellent sounding bass.

"Toby 4" submitted March 2, 2015

By Shawn G in Mt. Vernon , OH
Overall
Musical Background: 25+ years, guitar and bass. currently bassist in a hardcore/ punk band
Music Style: Hardcore/ punk, metal
Overall: I bought this bass because I needed a stage back up, and didn't have much extra cash at the time. For the money, you can't go wrong. I owned a Tobias Toby previously, this is no where as high end. But I honestly cannot complain. I really enjoy playing it. The active eq is a real treat at $250!

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-PJHG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.