When you call, mention priority code 176R-WF2C

Rating and Reviews: Tannoy Reveal 601p

The Tannoy Reveal 601p is the current evolution of the original passive Reveal high definition reference monitor and is ideal for the home studio.

Tannoy Reveal 601p Customer Review submitted April 14, 2011

Musical Background: Radio Broadcast Engineer
Music Style: Jazz and beyond
Sound: What most people are looking for in a studio monitor is sound that is articulate, transparent (Meaning free of any sonic coloration). It needs to have wide range frequency response and the ability to handle transient/dynamic peaks without showing measurable distortion at reasonable listening levels, and can never be fatiging or "edgy" on the high Freq. Is there a low cost near-field monitor worthy of tackling such needs? Enter the Tannoy Reveal 601P Passive Monitor. At the very low price point I was a bit of a skeptic, but I knew Tannoy was known for legendary speaker products (having heard a pair of amplified system 600's), and I had an application that was very budget restrictive,and the price was so reasonable considering how much monitors can cost, so I tried a pair. Here's the key that worked for me- If setup properly: 1) equilateral triangle between the listener and the left and right speaker ideally ranging 2.5 - 3.5 ft 2) The speakers mounted so that tweeter is at relatively ear level. 3) Given a very clean & robust signal using good quality speaker cable & amplifier rated approx 50 - 125 wpc 4)NOT ever played into distortion....THESE SPEAKERS ARE REMARKABLE and sound like budget had nothing to do with it ! The key here is keeping them nearfield (close to you, almost like a big pair of headphones). If you have a bigger room or listening triangle than indicated above, these will not work very well. As with all nearfield products, they really shine for what they were inherently designed for in near-field applications. If you're in a budget conscious situation, and need great transparent & detailed reference sound in a near-field environment, the Tannoy Reveal 601P Passive Monitor is a great choice. Feature: Actually, in this case a lack of features is good, since they sound great just the way they are. Value: Great Value!

"601P awesome monitor solution." submitted June 25, 2012

By Louis Sanchez in Orlando, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years of playing.
Music Style: Rock, Pop,...
Overall: I bought these to monitor my original music. Funk bass, lots of vocals, guitars, etc... I could not be happier. Since they are passive (they all used to be passive) you need a high quality amp and I had a Crown PSA2 lying around that I used to use for subs. This thing sounds amazing. The difference can be heard dramatically when AB comparing mp3 with Wav or Apple lossless files. Airy tight and articulate is how I would describe these. The price they sell for is simply unreal. I monitor 39 inches away in a perfect triangle. 16 " from back wall and the mix position is 38 percent from the back wall. No room treatments but lots of curtains, a bed, (it is our guest room) The demo's I have made are outstanding and I know we are good as when comparing mixes with my audio technical ath m30 headphones they sound really close. The only thing missing is the super low bottom end which I'm not too concerned with anyway as my style is 4 string bass classic rock type music. I don't need the dub step big bottom. These speakers, Reaper, a Shure beta 57A mic, aguilar tone hammer pedal and dbx mc6 are producing some great sounding stuff that I cannot believe is possible for the money. Back in the day 24 track 2" tape World class studios that I recorded in were 150 an hour. (1979-1990). I cannot imagine blowing a tweeter with these things as I already have had two incorrect shutdowns and made some really loud pops that I was sure fried the tweets. Did not happen. Amazing. May not be Genelecs but who wants to spend 2000 dollars on monitors for a project studio? Not me that's for sure. They get the job done.

"The sound quality never gets old..." submitted October 10, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: active musician, recording engineer
Music Style: electronic
Sound: The sound is very articulate. Great range no need for sub. Some bass notes push so much air through the front ports you can smell the inside of the cabnet. Ease of Use: Plug them into a nice amp. Quality: solid build looks cool Value: Well worth the price. If you have a good amp get these and save money over active monitors. Manufacturer Support: none needed. The Wow Factor: My ears love these monitors. Overall: I already had some good 10" monitors so when I purchased them I wondered if I was being frivolous. That was until I heard the 601a monitors. Never plugged the old ones back in, just sold them. Powering them with behringer a500. Fantastic sound.

"Tannoy Reveal 601p *Two thumbs up* " submitted October 22, 2012

By Tom C in Spokane Valley, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for forty nine years. Also play drums, bass, piano/keyboards etc. Been playing professionally for several years.
Music Style: Several
Overall: Couldn’t be happier with these monitors. Very true and responsive with good punch and crisp (not brittle) high end. Great price for a great set of speakers. I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed with their purchase.

"High quality, clear monitors" submitted May 22, 2011

Musical Background: Serious hobbyist
Music Style: Rock (plus location sound)
Sound: The sound of these is what you're paying for...and it delivers. I have these hooked up to an older Pioneer A/V receiver through optical from my computer, and they're really phenomenal. They're brighter than my last pair of speakers in my setup, but this helps to see all of the flaws in a mix (which is the point of monitors). The bass on these goes lower than I expected for having 6.5" drivers. That said, I would still consider pairing these with a subwoofer. If I had to sum up the sound of these speakers in one word, I'd say clarity - you can hear every little detail with these, it's phenomenal. I may upgrade to a higher-caliber amplifier at some point, and I may grab a subwoofer to go with these. But as-is right now with my Pioneer A/V receiver, I'm quite happy. Feature: These are passive monitors, so you do lose some of the customization available on active monitors. However, most of that can be performed with the controls on an amplifier (treble/bass boost/cut). The wire terminals are really high-quality, and do accept banana plugs. They are packaged really well, which is always a plus considering how poorly many shipping companies treat products. The only real accessories these come with are little stick-on rubber feet. Ease of Use: How could you get easier? Plug an amplifier into the speaker terminals (I'd use at least 16 gauge wire), plug a source into the amplifier, and crank it up. That's it! I have mine sitting on a few books to get them to ear-height. I'll worry about fancier stands later. Quality: These are built really solidly. I was surprised at how much each one weighed - for a relatively small speaker, each one weighs 15-20 pounds! The enclosures are really high quality, and I feel like these will last for many years to come. Value: This is quite possibly the best value in lower-cost monitors. I had listened to many pairs of powered monitors in this price range, and nothing compared. With these, you're paying for the quality of the speaker itself, not the amplifier. You would have to double the cost of these to match their performance in an active monitor. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with their tech support, and I don't see needing to anytime soon. The Wow Factor: These look really nice sitting on my desk. I like the black with tasteful silver accents, it makes them not just a boring black box. The front baffles look nice with all of the curviness (though that curviness is supposedly to help with sound). Overall: This is my first set of monitors, and I am really happy with them. Unless I get a bigger room for recording, I don't see upgrading from these for quite some time. If I had to upgrade, I would look for some monitors with larger drivers (maybe 8" or so) because these could do with a sub. Even if I do upgrade from these, I could see still using these as secondary monitors or in another room (or even for home theater use).

When you call, mention priority code 176R-WF2C. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976