When you call, mention priority code 15FZ-PYW3

Rating and Reviews: M-Audio Audio Buddy

The Audio Buddy from M-Audio is an ultra quiet, phantom powered dual mic preamp and direct box and is the perfect companion for any digital audio system.

Overall

"Audio Buddy fills the need for an inexpensive clean preamp." submitted April 19, 2006

Musical Background: Active, Full-time Musician
Music Style: Country, Rock
Sound: It sounds fine for my application. I'm using it as a bass preamp before going into a rack compressor and then into my Alesis Sumo 300. This setup works great. Without it, the Sumo's impedance is too low and the amount of gain available would not be sufficient for a good signal. Feature: I really wish it had xlr outs w/ground lifts so it could truly be used as a direct box. But it has nice clean gain with mic AND instrument inputs. Ease of Use: It is very simple to use. Quality: It's very well built. My only complaint in this area would be that the 1/4" jacks are board mounted only and not secured to the panel. This could become a problem after heavy use. Value: This product is worth what it usually goes for. Overall: I'll probably step up the M Audio DMP3 in a few months.

M-Audio Audio Buddy Customer Review submitted April 1, 2004

By a customer from earthlink.net
Music Style: Prog rock and music with actual thought included
Sound: Clean and simple gain. Real quiet, almost totally transparent. Feature: What do you want for <$100? It's clean, just be gentle. Value: If all you want is gain, it's hard to get better in this price range. The Wow Factor: Not real sexy, but who cares? Overall: Great little box. I've actually got two, and I ended up using the other one backwards, as a headphone amp. heh.

"2 OUT OF 3 AIN'T BAD" submitted May 21, 2005

Musical Background: Anything
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Post-hardcore, Pop, Alternative
Sound: The sound coming out of the bass guitar amp and keyboard amp is about 10x better than normal. However, the reason I bought this product was because I wanted a better sound coming out of the electric guitar. More specifically, I was desiring a sound almost equivalent to that coming out of the amp. This product did not solve the problem of almost smeared sounding highs and unbearable blended chord progressions. I am using a factory installed sound card on a 1.5 GB (RAM), 3.2 ghz (processor) notebook. I think it would be dishonest to state that this unit does not produce any background noise or silent hisses. Yet, it does a great job of making the bass guitar sound clearer and also the keyboard. 2 out of 3 ain't bad, yet I was disappointed with the electric guitar because I've read so many positive things about this product. I purchased a combination of this and the audigy 2 ZS for notebook. The soundcard hasn't arrived yet so I'm holding off on any final statements. Feature: Simplistic, self explanatory, no need for a manual. Quality: Very well constructed, but gain dials are extremely touchy. Value: Like I said, it worked miracles on my bass and keyboard. But, when it comes to guitar and mixing heavier and lighter stuff, it wasn't better than just simply plugging into the computer's mic jack. Manufacturer Support: Don't know, I'll give them an 8. Zzsounds had this to me in a day and a half with no problems whatsoever. I strongly suggest that if you buy, you buy from them. And no, I don't have any affiliation or reason to support zZounds over another competitor. The Wow Factor: It brought me up high while testing the bass and keyboard. However, I was grounded after hearing electric guitar. Overall: Good product overall. It's as easy to setup and figure out as anyone could wish for.

"STR8 TO THE POINT" submitted November 5, 2006

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: producer/vocalist/audio engineer
Music Style: Hip hop, rnb, reggaeton, rock
Sound: For a looong loong time ive had hiss in my recordings for some reason....i look around and my messed up mixer is causing all the noise....with this...i dont GET NOTHING but pure sound Feature: doesnt have any...but that doesnt matter it does what it was made to do and it does it pretty damn goos Ease of Use: 3 words: plug and play Quality: only think that looks a little ameteur is the arrown on the knobs.but other than that....grade a Value: dont buy no 30 dolla pre amp....spend 40-50 more and buy this Manufacturer Support: nawl....never needed to The Wow Factor: i dont want it i need it Overall: this pre amp does the damn thang....period

"Lots of bang for the buck." submitted July 8, 2006

By a customer from aztecfreenet.org
Musical Background: Recording Engineer / Home Digital Recording Enthusiast
Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Ugly duckling look lacks sex appeal. If you want a piece of equipment that works great and a reasonalble price, you don't mind that at all. Overall: Would have like some preset "voices", but not having them does not seriously detract froom the unit at all. Great no frills preamp that puts out clean sound.

"Not "THAT" bad, I don't recommend." submitted April 10, 2008

By a customer from AIM.COM
Musical Background: Computer Tech / Home Recording +10 YRS
Music Style: Rap, Hip Hop, Rock
Sound: Can sound clean at times, best kept at a low db level to get best results. Feature: Simple, straight to the point you get what you pay for. Ease of Use: There is no confusion, just plug in and go. Quality: It's not BAD, pretty heavy, metal case. Value: Good for what it does I suppose. Manufacturer Support: MAudio isn't that bad with their service, but if your stuff breaks don't expect it even within' a week, their slow on that part.

When you call, mention priority code 15FZ-PYW3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976