When you call, mention priority code 203-BNWY

Rating and Reviews: Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 SansAmp

Throw out your pedal board! This sleek multi-effects pedal features reverb, delay, boost, and a Plexi distortion based on Tech21's legendary pedal effects.

"Great tone, great features, and bargain priced!" submitted July 3, 2014

By Jai K in Chesterfield, MO
Overall
Musical Background: ~25years on Guitar, Vocals; Semi-pro classical guitarist, and non-pro blues/rock/pop guitarist.
Music Style: Classical, Blues, Pop, Rock, Indian - Hindustani.
Overall: Just received mine a few days ago. High quality tone that is on par with other Tech 21 products. The SansAmp section is quite Fender-like, but with lot of EQ capability, and more organic sounding than the Fender amps modeled on my roland cube 80xl. The Plexi section is very creamy and smooth - just lovely sounding and inspiring to play. Between the SansAmp, Plexi and Hot buttons, you can easily switch between clean, crunch, lead and more. Nice delay and reverb round out this fairly complete and well thought out package. This is going to take the place of my entire pedal board, except that I will add a tuner pedal and a fuzz before this. I simply cannot believe the low price on this, especially when you compare it with other somewhat similar all-analog offerings from brands like Carl Martin and T-Rex. Highly recommended pedal!!

"Little Guy Packs a Punch!" submitted November 10, 2014

By Tony S in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: 30+ Years Semi-Pro
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, Rockabilly
Overall: This is one of those products that should sell a bundle -- good for Tech21, they've hit a home run with this little baby. I play mostly blues, jazz and a little rockabilly and this is perfect for that. I probably will never use the Plexi module but that's okay. It's there if I need it. The SansAmp, Reverb and DLA are perfect for me. I love the tap tempo. I'm debating building a small grab & go pedal board around this with a tuner, compressor and tremolo pedals. On the other hand I'm fine with a clip-on tuner and I'm appreciating keeping things simple with such a small footprint and easy load in/out. Haven't gigged it yet but I had my first rehearsal with it yesterday and that went great. The tone of this thing is what knocks me out. It sounds stellar with my Music Man Albert Lee running direct through a Bose Compact. I have a trio with a female singer and an upright bass and I feel like I'm pretty well set gear-wise.

"Fantastic Service and Product, Both!" submitted November 18, 2014

By Clinton S in Pflugerville, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I'm really a hobbyist guitar player, but I do play with the church worship team and lead in some fashion twice a week, usually.
Music Style: Christian, worship, praise, country, rock, blues.
Overall: I was looking for a very simple electric guitar amp/drive/delay/reverb unit that would sound good for both practice and going direct to the board in a live setting. I heard about the Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 that came out earlier this year (2014) and really wanted to try it since I've been impress with the Tech 21 Sans Amp products for years. ... The problem was, they were out of stock or on back order everywhere due to the interest everybody has had in the new gizmo. Well, I found some online and in stock at Zzounds.com and promptly ordered. The ordering process was a breeze, and the Fly Rig 5 arrived at my house... not on the projected arrival date. No, it was days EARLY. Yep, early. I've really been enjoying the unit, and I won't forget that zZounds not only had it when others didn't, but were easy and more than prompt.

"Fly Rig 5 is a fabulous unit!" submitted March 6, 2015

By ruben trevino in fresno, TX
Overall
Musical Background: been playing for many years, play les paul, strat, and play out often
Music Style: country rock, rock, classic rock, pop, blues,
Overall: The Fly Rig 5 is a superb piece of gear, its got fab tone, and easy to dial in. Excellent delay and plexi tones. Just a fab job by a great company that understands what gigging guitar players need and want. Nice job Tech 21!

"Awesome! get it..." submitted November 27, 2015

By a customer from gmail.com in San Diego, CA
Overall
Musical Background: been playing live 20+yrs! Live is where its at!!!!
Music Style: almost all
Sound: This is where it all matters! very responsive,tube-ish like feel and sounds great coming from my FRFR 12" mackie thump monitor. Awesome on the live gigs that's for sure!! plus I don't have to worry about the sound guy telling me I'm way to loud! no need to worry about mic placement or the mic stand for the amp getting knock down again.. Feature: It has everything I need for live and nothing else I don't need Ease of Use: if one cant get a great sound out of this then drums is your last option... Quality: its a Tech 21 what else can you say about it! I've had couple of Tech 21 pedals in the early 90's and never had any issues with them,I wish I hadn't sold those... Value: fantastic!!! there are at least 5 pedals on this so go figure... Manufacturer Support: never needed to..... The Wow Factor: I've been doing live gigs on this FR5 for two and a half month going direct to my FRFR to mixer then FOH,and definitely NEVER DISAPPOINTED.....I dont have to lug around my heavy 1x12 tube amp and my heavy pedalboard, plus 2 guitars whew! Overall: if your thinking of going direct,and worried about that tube like sound and feel,then Tech 21 is the way to go. Andrew Bartta the founder of Tech 21 sans amp has been doing this for 20+yrs. And has great wealth of understanding as a Guitar player/Electronic Technician

"Pretty good pedal,it just takes a little time to dial it in." submitted June 15, 2016

By Brian Taylor in Bardstown, KY
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years Jam at home now, used to gig.
Music Style: Blues based rock and classic rock..
Overall: When I bought this, I'll be honest, I hated it! I called and got an RGA to send it back. It sounded like crap! I couldn't believe it because of all the good reviews. I went back and stated messing with it... Finally I dialed it in and it's delicious! The key is to make small movements of the knobs, they have a ton of tone in them. The second key is to use the levels to your advantage, make the Sansamp carry most of the volume and add Plexi to taste, otherwise it sounds all farty and nasally. You do that and blend the Plexi in under the Sansamp volume and it's tasty... Well worth the money! I will be honest, I like it better with my Strat than my Les Paul or my Ibanez Prestige. This thing is instant Strat SRV Gilmore Clapton goodness with single coils.

"Great compact pedal board" submitted July 10, 2016

By Kevin K in Fort Myers, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, Keys, Bass, Vocals, Drums, Arranger and Musical Director for over 35 years.
Music Style: All
Overall: Got this primarily for my Strat into a PA and it does not disappoint. The SansAmp section make it sound real and the delay and Plexi section just add icing to the cake. Also sounds good with a little tweaking with my humbuckers. For the price, compact size and great sound direct it's worth the money to try it out.

"Convenient" submitted June 22, 2015

By Bill D in Fishers, IN
Musical Background: Home hobbiest
Music Style: Rock, blues, country
Overall: Five stars for design. So compact yet easy to use. Is a bit noisy when Sans Amp, Plexi and the boost are on so maybe looking into some sort of noise suppression. Otherwise the benefits outweigh the drawbacks line not having an fx loop or tuner.

"Received defective plus..." submitted September 13, 2016

By Chris L in Edgewater, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I play a LOT of instruments badly ;-) however, I'm a professional keyboard player and have been for almost 50 years.
Music Style: You name it. I've either played it or would love to give it a shot.
Overall: Gotta say this first; I've ordered several thousands of dollars worth of goods from zZounds and never had an issue that I recall. The packing material in the box (that was far too large for this teeny unit to begin with) was virtually nonexistent and the Fly Rig 5 was simply sliding around on the bottom of the box.That said, the 'drive' knob on the Plexi module got stuck at 9:30 (not the time) and wouldn't move. Finally got it to move but would continuously get stuck and I mean STUCK. The Sansamp section, delay (forget trying to use the delay for anything but delay. The "chorus" effect that some suggest is possible simply isn't) and "hot" button are totally usable but the Plexi by itself is horrible even when I could get the drive knob to turn. The return was no hassle other than having to add a good eight "Penny Savers" (basically tons of newspaper) and having to deliver to a UPS drop off. I elected to return for refund and just ordered a Digitech RP1000 http://www.zzounds.com/item--DGTRP1000 . Not what I initially wanted but, as I mentioned, the Plexi module, even when it "worked properly" was unusable by itself which severely limits this stompbox IMHO. The refund was promptly issued to my CC. When I say promptly, I mean crazy fast. Love me some zZounds! Thanks guys.

When you call, mention priority code 203-BNWY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976