When you call, mention priority code 144W-MY8S

Rating and Reviews: TC-Helicon VoiceLive2

Enhance live vocals and create harmonies via guitar, MP3, or MIDI input with the TC Helicon VoiceLive 2 processor -- even if you've never used a pedal before.

"Finaly a company truely about the voclaist" submitted July 15, 2012

By RG R in Flagstaff, AZ
Musical Background: Voclaist for over 30 years
Music Style: Rock/pop/blues/soul/R&B/show tunes/big band
Overall: As a professionally trained vocalist going on some 30 years, I sing several styles of music and thus have been subject to some HORRID sound engineering in my time (if one could call it sound engineering). I ended that worry and reliance on others to achieve the quality vocal sound I have long desired to produce with one simply purchase of the TC-Helicon VoiceLive2 processor. Yes its expensive in comparison to alternate peddle style vocal processors however you will not believe the quality over all the others. DO NOT LET THE PRICE POINT PUT YOU OFF, the zzsounds "play as you pay" makes this a MUST HAVE piece of gear if you take any pride at all in your vocals. NOW tack on the FACT TC-Helicon is the worlds leader in vocal science and gear with Stellar costumer service and the "voice support" application you will have all the experts you will even need at your fingertips. Its THE BEST vocal processor peddle hands down! GET YOURS TODAY!

"If you're thinking about this. Get it!" submitted November 11, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Recording/ design engineer, active gigging guitarist/singer in 3 piece
Music Style: rock pop originals
Sound: Wow! If you can sing (and play) in tune and you don't have awesome background singers, get this unit! Mortgage the cat, sell the dog, do whatever it takes. You've got to try this thing. I've only gone through about 1/30 of the presets and I can't believe how good it sounds. I'd try more but I'm having way too much fun with the ones I've tried so far. TC Helicon's algorithmeers are to be congratulated! Feature: It is something most have never tried. All the features seem new. More CC inputs would be nice since you can really make it sound human by modulating the volume of the harmonies, being able to hold a harmony note(s) while you sing another -- all with a tap of a footswitch or flick of a pedal, so more CC inputs would allow more control without using a separate MIDI footswitch controller. At first I thought a feedback destroyer would be useful too, but the compressor on this thing is so smart, I never get feedback with it. Plus a feedback destroyer works best right before a power amp, not at the preamp stage. Sometimes you do get odd beeps and pops. Sounds a bit like R2D2 but only when you're changing presets. Ease of Use: Fairly straighforward however look out for the separate CC channel!!! The CC channel is set separately from the basic MIDI channel so if you have another device on the VL-2's CC channel (without knowing it), you can reprogram the VL-2 in very strange ways. Once I figured that out (the manual is ambiguous re. the need for setting them separately), it works like a dream. Quality: This costs as much as my first used car. Its way better built too. Solid, good connectors, switches and an LCD screen thats easy to see. A little too easy to see sometimes since its glare can make it hard to read the labels on the knobs and buttons. Value: I gots tons of gear -- from Gibson guitars to Marshall amps, I've been fortunate to be able to aquire pretty much what I want and need for my studio and live gigs. The VL-2 has changed my sound more than anything I own. I've only had it for a week and already I can see us getting way better gigs. It can only get better with practice. You can be sure this kind of device will become as popular for singers as the PC has become for office work. Manufacturer Support: This is my 4th TC Electronics/Helicon product. I've had contact with the support team for two separate incidents. Both were handled promply and professionally. The Wow Factor: It make me all gooey inside when I hear myself doing "perfect" Heart harmonies or when I use the "Brick in the Wall" patch and do the Pink Floyd song. Is it cheating? I say no. Not when I'm competing with DJs for gigs! Overall: I'm sure I'll never willingly perform again without one or its decendents.
76 of 78 people (97.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Realistic harmonies and awesome vocal effects" submitted September 24, 2012

By clayton t in honolulu, HI
Overall
Musical Background: Playing ukulele for 40 years (backyard kanikapila style), 8 years professionally.
Music Style: Hawaiian music, local contempory Hawaiian, "Oldies" type music.
Overall: I am still learning how to use the unit, but from just using the presets, OMG the harmonies are so realistic and full sounding!! I have had a vocalizer product from another company and the harmony sounded fake, tinny, computerized. With the voicelive 2, if I were to just listen to the harmony portion,the voicing is so realistic full, and warm sounding! The only thing I DON'T like is that the owner's manual is so vague and confusing. I sent an email and was automatically sent a reply with a FAQ list of questions that sort of explained my question but not what I asked. I received an email couple of days later telling me they have tutorial videos available, and that since they do not sell units directly, if I had the same problem to return it to whoever I bought it from. Another problem since my input-instrument is a ukulele, the voicing of the strings are ambiguous to the machine and a definitive root chord is sometimes hard for the machine to "hear" so the harmony sometimes is off. For example, a C6 chord is the same as an Am7, but the harmony would be different depending on the bass note or root note of the chord. I use a low-G string on my tenor uke and that seems to help "correct" the wrong harmonies. I need to learn how to play guitar and that would solve my harmony "problem", but for now I just avoid using the unit on songs that would sound "bad" because of wrong harmony on the ambiguous chord voicing of the ukulele. Still learning how to use the Voicelive 2. Awesome !!!

"TC Helicon Heaven" submitted July 13, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: live and studio musician
Music Style: all kinds all genre's
Sound: Ho-Lee-crrrrrrap. WOW.... once you start tweeking this.. its INSANE.... makes your voice sound MONSTER HUGE. Totally amazing. I had the Harmony M and G.... NO COMPARISON. Although the M and G are amazing as well..... voicelive 2 is way over the top. Feature: all you could ever ask for.... only one think left out. FEEDBACK DESTROYER.. other than that.. cant think of anything they left out. Ease of Use: once you know your way around its very straight forward. Bit of a curve. but nothing you can conquer in a couple of hours. Quality: very well built. Metal top and rubberized plastic sides. Its a very purdy box. Display window is generous. Value: I think its worth every penny.... 10 years ago this box would EASILY have cost at LEAST $5000 or more. Manufacturer Support: TC are usually fairly quick to return emails. Not always , but pretty good. The Wow Factor: its very sexy.... very useful.. will make you a better singer guaranteed.
35 of 38 people (92.11%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"WOW" submitted February 14, 2013

By Gary W in Clarksville, TN
Musical Background: Performing Artist
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: It Sounds Great! and the Venues I'm playing at think it sounds great also, My tip jar is noticably Green'er Feature: I Love that you can choose a sound for a song and click in and out of harmony, and add effects in real time and get back out of them , this product takes a live performance to a new level. and puts the performer in charge of there sound. Ease of Use: Plug and play , perform the same night you get it, Quality: So Far so Good , I'm very pleased with the large lettering , and the lights around the switches six feet away in a dim lit bar, makes it easier to click the right switch and not miss ... Value: Yes The Wow Factor: WOW, I'm blown away Overall: Thank You TC Helicon, There is no waisted crap in this product every thing is use'able and user freindly. you have removed the night mare of wondering if I got the mix right on my vocals. I just plug in choose the number I like with the song I'm singing. make a note on my song list . and collect the money at the end of the night.

""Almost didn't believe it was really me!"" submitted October 2, 2012

By Adriaan N Roggeveen in Camilla, GA
Overall
Musical Background: +50 years of acoustic guitar, Banjo, Harmonica, and vocal and home recording. Don't have to work to do it, but I've been forced
Music Style: "New Reformation Gospel," Bluegrass, and getting into "Woody Gutrie Revival Protest"
Overall: I am so impressed with the Voicelive 2 that I have already purchased the "Voicelive Touch." This device is a great step up for vocal harmonizing and instrument integration even beyond using just guitar. There are so many musical possibilities that I have only begun to scratch the surface. In addition TC-Helicon provides a wide array of 'online support' in the way of detailed tutorials that take you through each step from turning it on to making and modifying presets. There is additional software that integrates website information and updates through USB connection directly to my computer allowing me to make, maintain, and modify presets and production organization. The price difference between the VL2 and other devices is not as great as the increased ability placed in the hands of musicians, vocalists and instrumentalists beyond just the usual lead guitar, bass, and gives each member of the group a unique device to raise the level of performance to unexpectedly high levels

"Sound Great With The TC Helicon VoiceLive 2" submitted January 14, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist - 45 years
Music Style: Rock, Oldies, Gospel
Sound: The sound of this product is incredible. The harmonies are tight and right on. I'm a guitar player and the VL2 does exactly what I expected and more. There are some sounds that are better than others and probably some I will never use but with 200 presets it is going to be this way. I use the VL2 for Gospel music in church and it sounds great. I have not recorded with the VL2 so I don't know how it would sound in that type of situation. This is a great vocal tool and I would highly recommend it. Feature: The VL2 is the only product of this type that I own or have tried. So, as far as I'm concerned it has everything. The only thing I wish it had is a really detailed users manual or DVD. As it is, you are going to have to get on YouTube and look at the videos on this product. Ease of Use: The VL2 is easy to use and it is easy to edit and modify the presets and make your own. You can use this product right out of the box and find a preset that will more than likely meet your need. However, if you do a little tweaking you can achieve your own custom sound that you are looking for. Quality: The VL2 is very well made. It is very portable and the fit and finish are perfect. I could not find a single thing wrong with the unit I purchased. Value: The VL2 is definitely worth the price. Manufacturer Support: The only reason I gave this a 9 is because I have not had to use TC Helicon support. The Wow Factor: The VL2 has an attractive black finish. It is not a slick finish so I wouldn't worry about dropping it even though you don't want to do that. To me, a lot of thought and technology went into making this product and Overall: I expect this product to meet my needs for many years. The only way I will replace it is if TC Helicon comes out with an update on this product. If it was stolen or broken I would immediately buy another one. So far, there is nothing I dislike about the VL2.

"Everything but the kitchen sink..and they'll probably add that before they're done!" submitted November 2, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: active musician and hobby recording engineer
Music Style: mostly Celtic but I also do whatever session work comes my way
Sound: This thing is a kick in the a**! It's costs more than the other harmony generators but is well worth it all the way. The sound quality is much more believable than the others(especially once you get past playing with all the presets and tweak in the perimeters to match what you're doing. I lead a Celtic rock/world beat group and while my bandmates will sing back up none of them can harmonize so this adds a lot to our sound. I run my guitars, banjos, and bouzouki in to the guitar input through a little mixer and it tracks then all without hesitation and the guitar effects are a nice cherry on top. The only issue I've had(and this falls under getting past playing with all the presets part I mentioned earlier) was calibrating the tuner to mine and the other bagpiper's bagpipes(they tune in a little archaically compared to instruments with more modern refinements) BUT...it was an easy task and I'm so glad they made that an option, now I can sing along with the pipes and we're all in tune with some nice rich harmonies. I have used it as a preamp for recording using the spdif in and out and it performed quite favorably there as well. although, its really star power is performing live. It's IMHO heads above the rest and well worth every penny. Feature: It has more presets than I will ever be able to utilize, but it's a lot of fun experimenting to see how many I can! The adaptability and ability to configure just about everything makes it very usable in all sorts of situations(even a band with dual bagpipes!) I wish I could retain the guitar effects when using the guitar through and giving the guitar its own channel in the mixer, and who knows maybe I can( I'm still learning. Ease of Use: Customizing settings is easy and well described in the manual and it gets easier after a couple rounds of twisting knobs. Turning the harmonies down in the mix just a little provides very realistic results and so far I've been able to please all the rather hesitant sound men by adjusting the output level to their liking( on the fly during sound checks). The only thing I'd change for ease of use would be to put a bit more room in between buttons, buts thats only because I have large feet and am klutzy...sometimes I have trouble not turning on the doubling when I just wand a harmony. Quality: It's stout and well made, I still baby it but I'm not at all worried about it falling apart or breaking it if I accidentally set on it while hopping around stage Value: It's expensive, no doubt, but I'm glad I went for it. It's loaded with features and functionality and worth every penny I paid. I don't think any of its peers could have been implemented in my band successfully...tuner calibration rules! Zzound's pay as you play made it doable and they were patient and understanding when I had trouble getting my payment to go through! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to use their support yet, but if it's anywhere close to the quality of the pedal I'm not gonna have anything but good times The Wow Factor: I prefer the feminine form to electronics any day but its cool looking, has lots lights n stuff, fills out our vocal sound, makes me sound like I can really sing, and I like pushing buttons Overall: I don't expect to do much performing without it...if it ever breaks I will cry(sad I know) and start saving my pennies for another.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This thing is "freakin" awesome..." submitted November 20, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 30+ years, jamming at home, a few public gigs.
Music Style: a wide variety.
Sound: This thing is awesome. I'm an amateur and just do this for fun in the basement but I have never sounded this good. Feature: More features than I've been able to figure out so far. The unit is solid, the only draw back is turn this thing on first or you get a loud crack in your PA system. I always turn this on first, and off last. Ease of Use: Very easy to use out of the box and there are tons of features that are pre-programmed. I knocked off two points because there are so many things this can do it can get confusing. The manual is pretty useless but there are several youtube videos that help explain how to do some things. I'd say "TC HELICON, more video tutorials please...." Quality: Excellent product, good layout. Value: Expensive, but worth it if you have the money to play with. If you perform at all, this is a must have device. The Wow Factor: if you're good it makes you better. That simple. Overall: If lost or stolen I would replace it. I expect to have it for quite a while.

"TC-Helicon VoiceLive 2 Vocal Floor Processor " submitted November 24, 2013

By Joel Gonzalez in Eagle Pass, TX
Musical Background: I have been playing for more than 10 years
Music Style: I play 80's music and back, classic rock, progressive and even some disco music from the 70's
Overall: I bought this Floor Processor and love it, it has endless possibilities for vocal effects and guitar, apparently no one has explore that realm because it's harmonies are intended for voice and has a separate guitar input, I used the microphone line with a mic on my guitar cabinet and wow a whole new door opened up! Yes you can get insane harmonies, tonal, and stereo effects by routing the output to a PA or second amp. is just incredible!

"Wow!" submitted November 14, 2013

By Dave Z in York, PA
Musical Background: singer/songwriter/guitarist/keyboardist 40+ years
Overall: I love this thing. Like with most electronic gizmos, it pays to experiment. The factory presets are pretty good right out of the box, but the results you can get with a little tweaking are amazing!

"fantastic" submitted October 19, 2011

Musical Background: professional
Music Style: country, blues
Sound: fantastic easy learning curve i sound so much better and stay on key w/ guitar wonderful Value: the new price is even better Manufacturer Support: have not needed

"TC-Helicon VoiceLive2 Processor" submitted November 26, 2012

By Eric-Robin K in Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
Musical Background: I play Guitar and sing for 20+ yrs
Music Style: Christian I am the Cantor for the Church
Overall: From what I was able to use time wise from a friend I would greatly recommend this in the near future I will also buy this unit

"INCREDIBLE UNIT WITHIN REACH OF US ALL" submitted July 17, 2011

Musical Background: active musician , recording engineer
Music Style: rock country blues
Sound: This product is awesome right out of the box, everything i could have hoped for and more, all of my buddies come over and plug into it and are instantly jealous. it had made everything i do 5x easier. Feature: IT IS LOADED WITH FEATURES. I AM STILL LEARNING MOST OF THEM , BUT THE ONES I HAVE GOT THROUGH ARE TOP NOTCH AND A BREEZE TO INCORPORATE INTO YOU LIVE SHOW Ease of Use: BIT IF A LEARNING CURVE Quality: TOP NOTCH Value: I WOULD HAVE PAID 2X WHAT I PAID FOR THIS GEM Manufacturer Support: CALLED THEM ONCE, VERY PROFESSIONAL AND EXTREMELY POLITE ANS HELPFUL, WAS LIKE CALLING AN OLD FRIEND The Wow Factor: I WOULD HAVE TO GIVE THE SEX APPEAL FOR THIS THING A 10 BASED SOLY ON WHAT ITS GOING TO DO FOR YOU COME THE END ONE THE NIGHT Overall: I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE I WOULD NEED BESIDES THIS UNIT, ITS REALLY DOES EVERYTHING I CAN IMAGINE I WOULD EVER NEED FOR WHAT I DO ( I REALIZE THIS DIFFERS FROM MUSICIAN TO MUSICIAN ) THAT BEING SAID THIS UNIT IS A REAL BEAST OF A VOCAL MACHINE AND I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT IT CAN DO. I AND EVERYONE WHOM I HAVE PLAY WITH IT HAS BEEN TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY BY IS REALISM, ITS CUSTOMIZING ABILITY, ITS ADAPTABILITY, YOU GUYS HAVE REALLY DONE YOU HOMEWORK AND SHOULD REALLY BE PROUD OF THIS PRODUCT. IT IS WORTH EVERY DIME I PAID, AND ITS IS PRICED AT A RANGE WHERE YOUR AVERAGE MUSICIAN CAN AFFORD IT DURING THESE ECONOMIC TIMES, THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN INCREDIBLE PRODUCT AND THANK YOU FOR NOT GOUGING US AT THE COUNTER AND MAKING IT WHITEN REACH FOR US ALL

"failed right out of the box!!!" submitted August 18, 2013

By marc c in north chesterfiled, VA
Musical Background: 30yrs
Music Style: all styles
Overall: failed right out of the box!!! contacted zz sounds and tc helicon none has contacted me back

"The best - with a blemish" submitted September 11, 2009

Musical Background: bands, single act.. 45 years
Music Style: country, old rock.. dance music
Sound: Great Manufacturer Support: We'll see. have email in to support now Overall: Big problem.. the MIDI interface controls the mike output. If your MIDI track's volume is not 127, neither is your mike. Not good.

When you call, mention priority code 144W-MY8S. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976