When you call, mention priority code 171S-Z9YD

Rating and Reviews: TC RH450 Bass Amp

Meet Bass Amp 2.0. The TC Electronic RH450 includes storable presets, tweakable tube modeling, a built-in tuner, and even RCA input jacks for rehearsals.

"YAY for tone!!" submitted May 21, 2011

Musical Background: Active muscian
Music Style: Rock, pop, indy, jazz, electronic
Sound: I've owned GK, Ampeg, Acoustic, Swr, and eden bass amps and this one destroys all of them. I was able to dial in a crisp and clear low end and sparkling top end with no problem. Once I added the tubetone I was able to get all the attitude and anger of an ampeg with out the overly low envelope that comes with leaving an svt on for 3 days and cranking all the knobs. TC Electronics truly thought of gigging musicians when developing this amp. I truly could not be happier with this amp. Feature: I record on a regular basis and the outputs for this amp truly do recording justice. the foot switch (which does come in handy and is worth it to get it) is very well constructed and felt like it could take a bomb hit and keep rolling. The switching buttons are the nice kind that just switch, not the kind where you have to put all your weight in to hitting it and listen for a click. Ease of Use: It took me all of 5 min to figure this amp out. The youtube videos help as well but it really is very natural to get going fairly quick. Quality: The amp feels like a tank with a sturdy metal case and rugged good looks. The lights for the controls and settings are bright so even the darkest club has no chance of making you guess if your turning the right knob. Value: An SVT head alone cost over $1000. This amp is few hundred less and can get the same and better tones in a smaller package. With the cabs I can take one trip from my car to the stage with no sweat needed. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it so its wonderful. The Wow Factor: It's shinny and new and has tone for days. Overall: I think the only other amp I would get is the bigger one. I've always wanted 2 8x10's on stage at the same time.

"Don't Believe the Haters!" submitted September 21, 2012

By Tony S in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: 30+ years on guitar, bass, keys, vocals
Music Style: Blues, rock, worship, some jazz and a little country
Overall: I know there are some people who are hung up on the numbers, this amp isn't about numbers, it's about tone! I picked up a used RS210 cab to pair with this puppy and sold everything else. I sound like thunder! Plenty loud enough for my 3 piece blues/rock band with a hard hitting drummer. Bandmates love my new sound, have had it for several weeks now and we're all still adjusting to this big warm fat tone I'm putting out. Helps us to fill space in the trio. Haven't had a chance to gig it yet, but if I need more I can take the line out to the PA. I'll probably do that to give the sound guy the ability to bring me up in the mix, but I doubt he'll need to in the bars we're planning to play. I use a laptop backpack to transport the head, footswitch and all cables, it's a true "one trip" gig rig. I highly recommend this!

"Versatile Pocket Rocket" submitted July 3, 2013

By Mati Laino in Kailua-Kona, HI
Overall
Musical Background: 35 yrs musician. Classical piano 5-15. Rock/Metal gtr 13-21. Slack-Key/fingerstyle gtr 18-present. Funk/Reggae bass 22-present.
Music Style: Everything World-Beat or Soul/Funk. Not well versed in Jazz though Tuck n Patti I love. Polka to Primus. Inner-City underground
Overall: I play Hawaiian/Island, Reggae, Rn'B, Funk n Rock n whatever. I got a mean tone in these hands and wanted something compact but powerful and not too synthetic so to speak. I liked the GB Shuttle and the GK is okay, but wasn't ready to $$ for the W.Woods or Eden type action. I play through a custom 1-15 cab with 4" horn I installed. The cab doesn't' have enough punch/mid so I just bought the TC RS 212 cab for mid tone and clarity in my upper end soloing as well as general chord-work and harmonics. The RH450...I love this little thing!! Plenty gigs I play I run through the PA. It's really cool to just set the head in stage standing up and send them a signal n tone controlled by me. Set the channel EQ flat and my head does all the work sending a hot and clean signal! The GB Shuttle sounded tight and I like the SWR compact head too but this TC is beyond "The $hit". FOUR PARAMETRICS? Oh my thank you! The TubeTone helps though I don't use it past "5" ever. LOVE the LED can see my settings always!! Three Presets??!! Crucial!! Somebody's a genius. I play out four+ nights a week a different venue(EQ) each gig. I adjust by rolling off the mids and bass for tighter rooms and save all three presets right there when I tune up... and I'm GOLDEN all night. Never gets hot. Never clips. I use the first preset for Reggae and RnB with my passive Bartolini 2"J's" with Phat bottom(+5), crispy highs(+5) and rolled off 400hz n 800hz.(-6) (-12)..(or so) The second preset I bring up the mids (-4) (-6) and down the 6-12K (0) for a more Jameson/70's/Jaco vibes with rolling off my front pickup a little for the Jaco style. The third Preset is just like the second only it's out boosted about 2-4 db for soloing. Tuner on 24-7 LOVE IT. 1/4 in and Speakon spkr outs DOPE. I Like the switch in the back, because you cant bump it off accidentally in the front. I use the XLR out for tracking and/or mic the cab ....Money!!.. and super clean. NO GROUND LIFT :( one gripe I love the tone and power. I haven't let it rip two cabs yet but by next week it will be workin!! The 15" I push is a JBL 600w. I run the main volume at 2 O'clock max and it POUNDS. Two cabinets..one with the two 12's is going to be delicious!! I really love this head and everybody tells me..."That Tone!!!" and "I just want to f#(k that thing" and just compliment after compliment like "That little thing?? No way!!" and so on. I bought the TC carry bag, which is tight by design...but some of the stitches are popping, and I wish it was made with a little tougher canvas/cloth material. I rubberized the bottom of the bag cause I'm setting it down all the time. The bottom probably would be worn out by now 8 months later. I've owned the head about 10 months. Best head I ever had. I dropped the head maybe three times. The chassy bent just slightly back by the XLR out...from a waist height drop. Minor. Really the thing is very tough. The VOLUME Knob keeps falling off :( Gripe #2 I think I'm going to use a dab of epoxy or something to hold it on. The lettering around the input jack has scratched off some from plugging in. For some reason I bring the footswitch cord up on the right..because I'm usually stage right...and have thought many times I wish the plugin for the footswitch cable was on the left, but that could be just circumstance. I love how tough the footswitch is! Responsive and you don't have to "click" anything like a wah pedal. I'd recommend it to anybody. Of course you need an ear, or help from somebody with an ear...because when you have FOUR parametrics(I love you TC) ...really you CANNOT go wrong!! I think for how much I use it and how happy I am PLUS I'm adding those 2-12's soon and I can take it into any studio Duck Soup or take it on the plane to the other Islands or even to the mainland....It's wonderfully affordable. I'm taking it to AK with me next week. It'll be fun to A-B it with house heads. A TC custom Anvil type Case with pedal n cord space would be awesome! (C'mone RnD!!) I think you're gonna love it too. I'm no Mark King, but I do my bessest!!

"Seriously, it's a beast!" submitted February 25, 2014

By Matthew B in Tyler, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Gigging/Recording bassist.
Music Style: Alternative, Shimmyrock.
Overall: Swapped a SVT8 to the RH450 after listening to some clips on youtube. The tone is amazing and the tubetone can be turned way up for a great distorted tone! This thing is amazingly versatile, the 4 band EQ is unmatched in functionality since you can adjust the range of each EQ. The tuner is very quick and being able to tune on the head AND on the pedal in real time is great. The pedal is an absolute must! My only complaint is that this amp is just too darn dynamic and three channels just aint enough!!! Despite this, having three channels is amazing. I grabbed a drop-tuner for my favorite bass and now I never change basses during shows!

"Try this amp, You will absolutely love it." submitted March 1, 2010

By a customer from bak.rr.com
Overall
Music Style: Rock, Classic rock, jazz, country, funk.
Sound: I have used SWR, EDEN, Markbass, and Ampeg and I am completely sold on the sound of TC products. I play Classic rock, country, jazz and also some funk and it holds up great. The Compressor works amazing, the Tube Tone sounds like my old Ampeg when I crank it up. I knew it was my amp when my girlfriend said she could hear the difference. Thats big in my book. I use 2 of the 2x10 cabs and pad down the tweeter in the bottom and run the top about half to 3/4 up. I play in lots of small clubs, and bars as well as large venues of 20K. In all the normal places I run it at 1/2 and still breaks through the 2 half stacks and drummer just fine. In the larger venue, I ofcourse run direct into the PA with absolutely no sound problems. The board guys love this amp as much as I do. Feature: The only thing I use outboard of this amp is my wireless system. If they built it into the amp, It would take one trip to carry all my gear. Tuner, compressor, Tube Tone emulator (that works great) and the three user presets that allow me to play on one bass, then pick up one with active pickups and switch to what I need for that. Setting up is easy. The 4 frequency boost/cut knobs can be set at what frequency you want to boost or cut. You can plug your Ipod into the inputs on back and listen through the built in headphone amp and practice along in silence. Ease of Use: After 10 minutes I was a master of what all it did. The TC website has youtube videos to watch on what every little thing does. I watched them all when the amp was being shipped. The only thing I would want is a power switch on the front and not the back, and have an alternate input on the back. Quality: I have had no problems with the amp. Wen it showed up I went over every inch of it and saw absolutley nothing wrong. I check for screws being cross threaded, knobs not put on all the way, everything. The first thing I can see going wrong with this is the Rubber feet wearing away, Value: To me, it was worth it. All the last amps I have owned are the ones with low value now that this is out. Manufacturer Support: The best support is the one you dont need. The Wow Factor: It is small, can fit in the pouch of my gig bag and is light. The knobs have no slash marks, but LEDs that light up as you rotate the knob. Very nice. Overall: The only thing at this point that I would replace it with is the next version they may come out with.

"Designer looks, decent tone, enough volume for Jazz restaurants." submitted February 11, 2010

Overall
Sound: At low volumes through a two-ten cab, this sounds pretty good for bass... but it sounds GREAT for Jazz guitar! Tip: Don't use the TC cab with the coaxial speakers. Just buy good speakers and put them in a decent cab. The one-knob compressor is good for me cause I hate fiddling with stuff and compression hides my uneven picking... it smoothes out my playing to where I almost sound professional. Feature: If you need a tuner and don't already have one, the integral full time tuner is cool. It's lighted so it's easy to read on dark stages. The lighted knobs are also good that way. The three-button memory is useful for certain apps; say.. switching from a funk tone to a rock tone between songs. To do that instantly though during a song you need the TC foot-switch which is way over-priced. The TC foot-switch has a redundant tuner in it. I can't see $150 bucks for three buttons on the floor. For what they're asking, they should throw that in with the deal. I used to work on radios and other electronic equipment, so I know three switches and a box are not that valuable. The features, tones and specification are EXACTLY the same as the Staccato model, so unless you want to pay $200 more for the different color, don't waste your dough. The amp is not really powerful. I think they hype the ratings (as many manufacturers) do by using low-ohm specs. Our weekend band isn't very loud. We don't mike the drums and the guitarist has a 40 watt, so this is perfect for our small local gigs. Ease of Use: This really is easy to use! The preamp works exactly like a Sansamp Bass Driver, memory and all. The tone controls are useful and work well enough that you can get a good sound quickly with most basses. I like the handle that's just like those on the old Ampeg porta-bass. That's a good idea Ampeg should have kept going, but like much of the Ampeg and Crate line, they were forced to discontinue some of their best products when they were bought out by Loud Technologies. Quality: The head looks nice and feels well-made. The rotary encoder knobs have a smooth dampened feel. By now, everybody knows that class-D amps are efficient and fairly reliable, but they do not really deliver the juice the way professional power amps can. I don't expect to have any problems with it, but then I don't push my gear to limits or treat it roughly. It sounds and adjusts like my Fender Rumble amp, so if it blows-up, I have a spare. This looks a lot nicer than the Rumble though and takes less space, which is important when you play in tight spaces like we do. I don't like the power switch being so close to the cable, and I hate the tiny pre-post switch which looks like it will snap off any day. So long as you're careful though, those shouldn't be big problems. They obviously spent some effort on making this head look solid and fashionable on the outside. I hope they put as much work into the guts. Value: Let's face it... This costs too much for what you get; but it is small, sounds decent and looks professional in a European kind-of way. Manufacturer Support: My son and I have had technical problems and manufacturing issues with some TC stuff in the past. The support was slow or none-at-all. When we did finally get a real human, either he couldn't speak English well or he had a snotty attitude. So far, I haven't had problems with this amp and based on past experience with TC support, I sure hope it doesn't die. The Wow Factor: I wanted to get this because I like being the first kid on the block with the latest toys. My wife and I are comfortably retired, so this is a small investment for my hobby. My golf clubs cost a lot more. A real working-musician might think twice about the price. My bass teacher gets the same tone from his Sansamp and a little studio 12" box. I think he uses a Crown amp and bigger speakers when he plays live. If you already have good speaker cabs, this is as good as Genz-benz, Eden or similar bass amps. Those sound as good and do all the same stuff, but this has the cool knobs and tuner! I think this has the "i want it" factor because of the neato- nifty knobs and aluminum frame. Overall: If you got the speakers and the wheeled cab and the foot-switch and a cover for this price, I'd say it was a fair deal. As it is, I like because the compression hides my sloppy technique and it looks neat in up-scale restaurants, so I didn't mind the exorbitant cost. I can bring just one amp to gigs where I have to play mostly bass but some Jazz guitar. The effects loop allows me to add reverb.

When you call, mention priority code 171S-Z9YD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976