When you call, mention priority code 1732-BQQX

Rating and Reviews: TC Electronic Nova Delay

Get the full spectrum of delay effects with the six fully-adjustable, modulated, and tap-timed delays available on TC Electronic's Nova Delay pedal.

"Awesome - Stop searching and buy it." submitted January 29, 2008

By a customer from mac.com
Musical Background: Gigging Musician
Music Style: ROCK.
Sound: Unbelievable. I run this in the effects loop of a Mesa Mark IV and it just sounds incredible. Accurately reproduces analog delay sounds and even lets you blend them with digital sounds. I've owned the DD-3 and the DD-6 and they come nowhere near the quality of this pedal. Since I use the amp for all of my distorted sounds, I have to run the pedal through the effects loop to avoid changes in delay feedback based on volume. With the DD-3 and DD-6, I always got a horrible distorted delay sound whenever the clean channel was on (the output from the pedal may have been too high and there's no way to fix it). Not with this unit. If the output is too high, you just do a simple calibration and you are set. Feature: Very easy to set delay times from 0-2.3 seconds. You can blend analog sounds with digital sounds. You can control the modulation on the delay echoes. And of course, you can control the delay feedback and wet/dry mix. Allows for traditional delay, dynamic delay, reverse delay (SICK), ping-pong delay, pan delay (if you have a stereo setup), and slap-back delay. You can also do a musical tap tempo, where you set the delay time by playing your guitar, not trying to stomp on the thing at the exact right moments. There are 9 presets that are worthless, but you can store your own. Comes with the AC adapter. Ease of Use: Very intuitive interface. Play sround with it for 5 minutes and you'll know what everything does. Quality: Seems to be built like a tank. It's a pretty heavy unit and will definitely take up some board space if you place it there. Since I run it in the effects loop, I have it sitting on top of the amp. Value: This pedal is expensive, but that doesn't mean it's not a great value. I think it's easily on par with the Eventide Timefactor, which is even more expensive. The Boss DDs are cheaper for a reason. You can do what I did and mess around buying DD-3s and DD-6s or just save a lot of time and money and buy this. Manufacturer Support: TC makes a lot of great products and the warranty is standard. The Wow Factor: This thing looks pretty sweet all lit up in red. The delay time is shown in big red numbers and the tempo light flashes, so I guess that's pretty cool. Overall: Finally, one piece of gear that I can stop searching for. This thing sounds great and I would replace it in an instant if it were lost or stolen.

"Worth Every Penny (and then some)" submitted February 16, 2008

Music Style: Alternative, Classic Rock, Surf Guitar
Sound: I replaced an old Line 6 Echo Park with this unit and the difference in sound quality is amazing. I no longer have a slightly muddied version of my tone -- it is crisp, bright and clear. Feature: I play a lot of U2, so a delay pedal is essential. The biggest selling point to me is the ability to store preset delay configurations on this pedal. I no longer have to try and "dial in" the exact delay time or settings I am looking for each time I play a different song. You can store up to 9 presets, and that is awesome. In addition, the LED readout of the exact delay time and other settings makes it very easy to see exactly what you are doing. Plus, you can color the tone of your delay by mixing between Tape to Analog and Analog to Digital. Ease of Use: The overall controls are simple, but it is a brief learning curve to understand how they all function. Once you get through that, it's a piece of cake. Quality: It's been said before and I agree -- this thing is a tank. Very rugged and built to last. Value: I wish I would have purchased this item for my first delay pedal. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed support (and hopefully won't). The Wow Factor: Based on the quality and experience I have had with this pedal, I am now looking to see what other products this company offers. It's that good. Overall: I don't see any reason to buy another delay pedal as long as I have this one. And I would definitely replace this item with the same model if lost or stolen.

"You can stop looking -- this is the bang for your buck." submitted December 23, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: I play in Go Mordecai! Listen to us!
Music Style: Alternative/Post Rock/Progressive
Sound: Probably the most intuitive delay pedal I've ever used. I bounced from the Line6 DL4 to the Roland Space Echo to the Giga Verb, and, admittedly, I really liked all those pedals, but the overall design of the Nova Delay is so much more realized and refined. The first thing is the digital display. It even has the capability to show the BPM, which is extremely helpful. I've had numerous issues with my delay in terms of getting a rhythm locked in with a specific tempo. The digital display is so precise and easy to use, I felt absolutely content with how it sounded. That's rare. The preset function is nice, because no matter how much a pedal can do, it's insanely difficult in the live setting to quickly achieve the sounds you created when you had time to tweak it. Nine presets is more than enough. The color feature is fantastic as well. It's not entirely black and white, which is nice, because sometimes you want a melding of analog, digital or tape sounds. I also enjoyed the stomp design. A lot of companies are figuring this out, but the tap tempo stomp needs to have a quick release design. Most Boss delay pedals are difficult to tap on and get completely locked in. It's fairly rugged. I don't think I would beat it up quite like other pedals, but it's definitely not fragile. You can stick it on a board and not worry about it. Excellent, excellent pedal. I would stop messing around with what people seem to think is the best and just get the Nova Delay. Ease of Use: I elaborated on this before. I don't hand out 10s easily, but this pedal is a 10. Quality: Very high quality. Value: Considering it is anywhere between 50 and 100 dollars cheaper than inferior delay pedals that I've used, I would say this is an excellent value. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed help with it just yet. The Wow Factor: When it turns on the first time, you will immediately notice how pleasing it it to look at. Overall: I can't hand out a 10 here because I haven't used and Eventide TimeFactor, which I hear is its only competition.

"Simply amazing" submitted April 11, 2012

By Frank Batchelder in Bangor, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 5 years "qualified amatuer"
Music Style: Anything but country
Sound: It works seamlessly in my music. Mostly progressive and experimental metal. You wouldnt know its a digital delay by the sound because there is no tone loss whatsoever. Feature: My favorite feature is the presets. My only problem is that the delay time doesnt change with the preset. But since it has tap tempo it doesnt matter Ease of Use: Fiddle with it for ten minutes and you have a personal sound to your delay. It works perfectly with all my other pedals except for my MXR Smart gate but thats only when the threshold is set too high. Quality: Built like a tank. Nuff said Value: If your on the fence because of price dont be. You get what you pay for from this company and this pedal is worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: I dont think I will need them anytime soon. The Wow Factor: I was surprised by how much you can change the sound. One knob can go from tape to digital to analog and back. One knob mixes the delays with the sound of you playing. There are a bunch of delay types. Also if you have it working in stereo you can change the subdivides for the right and left side seperately. Overall: First off the tweakability on this pedal is immense. The ability to set the delay by bpms instead of seconds is cool too.

"TC Electronic ND1 Nova Delay Pedal " submitted April 15, 2012

By Mike Rogers in Peoria, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I have played for 30 years, and have an active endorement with DiMarzio pickups
Music Style: All styles: from light guitar and lamest of wimp rock to extream death metal chainsaws from hell tone and everything in between.
Overall: What can I say: the TC Electronic gear is all pro. The Nova Delay is a great pedal for when you want to punch in a delay effect (reverse guitar alone makes the pedal worth it).Sounds good in front of a DSL 100, and in the FX loop. It does not do a nice subtle effect easily, as it seems to be designed to give a nice pronounced delay effect. I own the Nova system, G system, and Nova Drive, and is pedal is a nice addition to my Pro TC Electronic gear. I dont think I would use it as an FX loop delay for a dry amp - though it could work but not as well as something designed to be a FX loop delay system. This is an alternative to the Boss DD series pedal buyers - for when you want a pedal to deliver delay FX. I do not particularly like the way patch switching is done - too cumbersom to go from #1 to #6. Also no MIDI: the Nova Drive is MIDI and lends itself to rapid patch switching via MIDI. But if you have one effect and want to punch it in and out, this pedal is your pedal. TC electronic has the best delay effects in the industry, and they are captured in this pedal - from ANALOG delay sound all the way to pure digital. Also has some nice MOD mods and a dial to dial in each MOD mode level. I only ding'd it on features for my review because it was not MIDI controllable and patch navigation in a song is nearly impossible.

"Great Delay!!" submitted February 6, 2014

By Michael R
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing over 20 years. I play guitar. Mainly i play at home.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues
Overall: A very user friendly delay. Very simple to use. I mainly play Pink Floyd/ David Gilmour type music. It works well with other pedals in my effects loop.

"TC Electronic ND1 Nova Delay Pedal " submitted December 5, 2013

By Florin R in Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: semi-pro guitar player and instructor for 20 years
Music Style: Blues,Rock, Metal.
Overall: Best delay ever....worth every penny...!!!!!

When you call, mention priority code 1732-BQQX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976